So, if you are one of those who have an interest in 3D printing like I do, then let me tell you that, the Autodesk Meshmixer is surely going to be the best thing that you could have. After all, it is one of the best ways to take the complete creativity out of your mind.
So, if you are looking to clean up a 3D scan, or if you are looking for any kind of 3D printing, or if you are also looking to design an object which simply fits something else. Well, Meshmixer is the best thing for you to do all the above-specified stuff. Well, the Meshmixer works as a kind of the swiss army knife for the 3D meshes. No doubt, it is one of the most amazing things which you could use for 3D printing.
- Note: I think there are many other 3D printing software available on the web, the Autodesk Meshmixer is the top among them. Moreover, it is a free source to download.
As of now you know about the Autodesk Meshmixer, let’s move further and take a look at how we could start with the Autodesk Meshmixer for 3D printing. Meshmixer is state-of-the-art software for making with triangle meshes. Well, I will also Like to share with you some of the basic facts of the Meshmixer which no one will ever think of sharing with you. So, here let’s take a look at it.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Steps To Get Start With The Autodesk Meshmixer 3D Printing
- 2 Features Of Meshmixer
About Autodesk Meshmixer:
- Name: Autodesk Meshmixer
- Size: 101MB
- Last Update: 22/10/2019
- License: Free Source software
- Developer: AutoDesk
- Homepage: https://www.autodesk.com/
- Compatibility: Windows and Mac OS X
- Version: 3.5.474
Basic Facts About Autodesk Meshmixer
- Download: You can download it from the official website of the Autodesk
- Price: Well, it is free to use
- All you need: A mouse with a click wheel is necessary
- Supported Format: The supported Format includes OBJ, STL, DAE, and PLY, AMF and, WRL.
Autodesk Meshmixer Tools:
- Drag-and-Drop Mesh Mixing tool is available where you can simply drag and drop anything.
- Robust Convert-to-Solid for 3D printing tool will help you to convert a solid 3D print prototype.
- You can make hollowing (with escape holes!)
- Automatic Print Bed Orientation Optimization, Layout & Packing are also available
- Remeshing and Mesh Simplification/Reducing
- Hole Filling, Bridging, Boundary Zippering, and Auto-Repair
- Extrusions, Offset Surfaces, and Project-to-Target-Surface
- Mesh Smoothing and Free-Form Deformations
- Advanced selection tools including brushing, surface-lasso, and constraints
- Interior Tubes & Channels
- Branching Support Structures for 3D printing
- Precise 3D Positioning with Pivots
- 3D Patterns & Lattices
- Plane Cuts, Mirroring, and Booleans
- Automatic Alignment of Surfaces
- Do 3D Measurements with this software
- Do 3D Sculpting and Surface Stamping also
- You can also have a chance to do Stability & Thickness Analysis
Steps To Get Start With The Autodesk Meshmixer 3D Printing
>> Step 1) So, the very first thing which you need to do is to import a model and basic control. No doubt, it is the most wonderful place to start, and let me tell you that, in the Meshmixer, a range of 3D files could also be loaded in the Mashmixer which also includes the STL, AMF, PLY and OBJ. And in it, importing a model is quite simple, all you have to do is to open the Meshmixer, click on the import option and select the file which you need to load.
>> Step 2) Now, you have to transform your model. As soon as you load your 3D model, the next step which comes is to manipulate the model, so that, you could get the option of either to continue your work on it and make your 3D print ready. Or if any kind of minimal editing is left, then you can simply rotate it to optimize for 3D printing and then you can simply export it.
>> Step 3) The next step comes is of scaling your model. Well, resizing and then scaling your model is one of the most important factors to keep a look at. And if not, at least you should confirm the size of your model before you print it on the 3D printer.
>> Step 4) Well, in the next step, you have to reduce the file size. The ability to reduce the file size of your 3D model is one of the most important factors. And if your model is a high-quality scan, this could be of over 100 MB. Well, let me tell you that, a 3D file is generally made up of triangles arranged in series. The more the number of the triangle will be, it specifies the more details will be there in your model. And the larger will be the size of the file. So, you have to focus on reducing the file size of your model.
There are some more steps as well, but these I specified above are the most important. And with these above steps, you could easily make your command to the Autodesk Meshmixer.
Now, let’s move further and take a look at the key features of the Autodesk Meshmixer. So, here let’s check out the complete list of features of it.
Features Of Meshmixer
1. Meshmixer Archive
Well, the Autodesk Meshmixer comes with an archive, and this archive comes with multiple galleries that are full of parts. And these are surely going to be helpful for you as with these parts, you don’t always have to start sculpturing from scratch.
2. Automatic Repair Features
Well, it is one of the most amazing features which automatically repairs the defect in the mesh. And not only repair, but it also tells you there where the defects are. No doubt, it is one of the most amazing as well as a very helpful feature for sure.
3. The Analysis Button
Well, this is the button that enables you to analyze the parts of your model which are the most fragile. It also determines whether your design could stand it it’s own or not. So, these are some of the features which help to enable the most amazing working of the Autodesk Meshmixer.
- Recently they changed 123D suite and Netfabb tools.
- Customer Error Report (CER) functionality is improved where you can do direct complaints to the AutoDesk Meshmixer team if crashes happened within the software.
- Recently they added a hotkey for toggling printer bed rendering in Meshmixer also.
- I think they recently added a very long list of 3D Printers.
- 3D printers which also include hobbyists and prosumers, such as those from Dremel, Ultimaker, Tinkerine, Flashforge, MakerBot, Formlabs, Printrbot, Lulzbot, MakerGear, SeeMeCNC, Up and Zortrax.
- The new version of Autodesk Meshmixer also includes industrial 3D printers such as those from MarkForged, Arcam, MCOR, ExOne, EOS, Concept Laser, Renishaw and Stratasys.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1) Do I need to pay to download the premium version of AutoDesk Meshmixer?
Answer: There is no premium version, there is only one version that is also for free.
Question 2) Can I create some prototypes with the help of AutoDesk Meshmixer for my projects?
Answer: Yep, you can do a model on software and do 3D printing for prototypes.
Question 3) How much RAM I needed on my PC/Laptop?
Answer: You must need at least 4GB RAM on your Windows or Mac devices to use this software.
That’s it, friends, I think these steps may help you to create a 3D prototypes for your projects. What are you waiting for create your own CD Printing prototypes where you don’t need to spend a penny. If this article is benefited for you, then share this article with your friends and family. In my option, AutoDesk MeshMixef is the top 3D designing software compared to other software which is available on the web.
This article mainly concludes “How to get Autodesk Meshmixer Download” & “How to do 3D Models with the Autodesk Meshmixer” on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Mac OS X. If you face any errors or problems while using this software let me know. I will try my level best to give you a better solution for your query.
Thank’s for choosing OMGeeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com