If you want to know What is content://com.android.browser.home/? then you are in the right place to know How to change the default integrated web browser and the home page of the web browser on your Android devices.
Content://com.android.browser.home/ is the link or code which is used to change the default home page of the integrated web browser on your Android devices. If you are an Android device owner, then you at least face once a while default home page problem. Here in this article, I am going to give you all the details like How to change the default home page of your web browser.
I think many of us do not like the default home page on our browser which is pre-integrated by Android mobile manufacturers. So many of us want to change the default web browser and as well as the default home page. If you are one of them, then read more to know How to change the default home page of your web browser. All of you know that by default most android mobiles come with the default web browser and default home page. So if you want to change the default home page, then read more.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
- 0.2 Why Should You Change content://com.android.browser.home/?
- 1 How to Set Default Browser in Android Phone?
- 2 How to Set the default Home page on a Web browser?
- 2.1 How to Set the Default Home Page on Google Chrome?
- 2.2 How to Set the Default Home Page on Mozilla Firefox?
- 2.3 How to Set the Default Home Page on Opera?
- 2.4 How To Set-Up Default Home Page On Microsoft Edge?
- 2.5 How To Set-Up Default Home Page On Safari?
- 3 Alternative Way to Change the Default Home Page:
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
As I said in earlier, content://com.android.browser.home/ is a link or code which is used to change the default home page on your web browser which is on your Android devices. Most mobile web browsers allow their users to change the default home page. If you do not find a way to change it, then follow the given methods to change the default home page of your android web browser. content://com.android.browser.home/ is the URL or link which helps users to home page customization.
Normally, every Android device default home page is stored in the content://com.android.browser.home/. Luckily you have a chance to customize your home page according to your requirements. But make sure your device settings set the browser as default, otherwise, you will face errors like “ERROR FILE NOT FOUND”, which means your device takes it like the file was moved or deleted. I think in some cases you may face errors like 404 errors.
So if you don’t want to face errors like Error File Not Found and 404 Errors on your Android devices, then set the default browser on your Android device by following the below steps.
Why Should You Change content://com.android.browser.home/?
In your smartphone you can see the default browsers installed as they are capable of showing web page but some of the other companies which are infamous tries put on ads in the web browsers to make money by using the ads which cause the people so annoyed by the ads everytime they open the web browser.
So by using this content://com.android.browser.home/? you can change your web browser according to your wish so that you will be not able to see the ads. There is one alternatives nothing but URI where while opening the web browser this URI will also be opened.
Whenever you want to change your web page this URI heps you to change your web page according to your wish by changing the URI settings.
How to Set Default Browser in Android Phone?
Nowadays every browser trying hard to get a user base by giving good features and fast and clean UI. So all browsers require their users to own their default home page. In my opinion and my experience, most of the users use Google Chrome and Firefox, and some users use Bing, Yahoo, and Duck Duck Go. Ok, follow the below-given steps to choose the default browser (whatever it may be) on your android mobile or tablet.
- First of all, open your Android device and then navigate to “Settings“.
- Now go to the Installed Apps/Manage Apps section where you can see all the apps which are available on your phone.
- Here click on the three dots symbol which is on the top right corner and select the Default Apps section and then Tap on Browser Option.
- Here is the place where you can have a chance to select your favorite browser as the default browser.
- So finally, you have successfully selected your default web browser on your wish.
Now whatever you want to search on the web, will be directly open from your favorite web browser. So from now on you will not face any errors like Error File Not Found and 404 Errors on your android device after changing the default home page of your web browser, because you set your default web browser where you want to change the default home page.
How to Set the default Home page on a Web browser?
Changing the home page on different browsers varies. I think you know everything like that browser have different settings, so we have to follow the different way to set the default home page on different browsers. Here in this article, I am going to show you How to set the default home page in Google Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera.
As I said earlier content://com.android.browser.home/ is one of the syntaxes to change the default settings on any android mobile.
Other Content Syntax For Android Browser:
- content://com.android.browser.home/index – google search
How to Set the Default Home Page on Google Chrome?
If your default web browser is Google Chrome, then follow the below guide to set the default homepage on Google Chrome.
- First of open Google Chrome Browser on your Android Mobile or Tablet and then click on the three dots which are on the top right corner.
- Now navigate to Settings and then go to Basics settings, where you can see the Home page option. If you see the Home page option then click on it. If you didn’t see any Home Page option, then follow me.
- Click on the search bar in the Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags/. Now you will automatically navigate to the experiment page.
- On the experiment page, search for “Force Enable Home Page Button“. If you find it, then click on it and Enable it.
- Now relaunch the Google Chrome browser on your iDevices and go to Basics Setting, now you can see the Home page option for sure.
- In the Home Page option click on the “Open this page” option and type the URL that you want to set as a default home page on your android mobile or tablet and save it.
- Finally, you made your customized default home page. If you want to check your customized default home page, simply close and again open Google Chrome browser and there you will see your custom default homepage.
How to Set the Default Home Page on Mozilla Firefox?
If you already set your default web browser like Mozilla Firefox, then follow the below steps to set the default home page on Mozilla Firefox.
- First of all open Mozilla Firefox on your Android mobile or tablet and click on the three dots which are on the top right corner.
- Now navigate to the Settings option and then go to the General option in the Settings.
- In the General settings you can see different options, simply choose the Home (Customize your Homepage) option.
- Now type whatever URL you want to be your default home page on your android mobile or tablet and set it as your default home page on the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Select Custom. Enter the URL that you want to set as a default Homepage on Mozilla.
- That’s it you finally have your own customized default home page on your Mozilla browser.
- Close the Mozilla web browser and then open again to check your customized default home page on Mozilla Firefox.
How to Set the Default Home Page on Opera?
If you already set your default web browser like Opera, then follow the below steps to set the default home page on Opera.
- First of all open Opera or Opera Mini browser on your Android Mobile or Tablet and then click on the Open icon which is at the top right corner to open settings of the Opera browser.
- Now you will automatically navigate to the Settings option, there Disable news from the Homepage section.
- Now scroll the settings page and also Disable the trending searches, recent searches from the Opera browser.
- Here again, be on the settings option and Disable Opera notification from the settings.
- Finally, Go back to Opera Homepage. Delete all the Speed dial sites whatever there are.
- Now click on the”+” icon to enter the name and URL of your customized homepage.
- Enter the name and the URL of the page that you want to set the default home page. Click on the Save icon.
- Close the Opera browser and again Open it to check your default customized homepage on Opera Browser.
How To Set-Up Default Home Page On Microsoft Edge?
Well, if you guys want to change or set up the default home page on Microsoft edge then you are in the right place. Do follow the below steps carefully for a complete process.
- The first thing you need to do is to open the Microsoft edge on your device.
- After opening the Microsoft edge go for settings and more and in that go for settings.
- In the settings option search for the appearance option.
- After clicking on the option you will be able to see the show button make sure to turn on that option.
- Finally, you can select either a new tab page or select enter the URL for the particular page that you want to use as your home page.
How To Set-Up Default Home Page On Safari?
Geeks if you are willing to set up the default home page on safari then you have to follow the below steps carefully for complete information.
- The first step is to open the safari browser on your device. In that select the preferences option.
- After clicking the preferences option, make sure to select the general option.
- Now in the home page field, enter the web address, and then if you want to use your current page as a home page then select set to current page option.
- Finally, open the new windows with your currently set home page and then a pop-up appears showing new windows open with” and then select which browser you want to set up.
- Otherwise, if you want to open new tabs then you will show a pop-up of “new tabs opening with” and then select the home page you want.
Alternative Way to Change the Default Home Page:
I think after following the above methods you don’t need these methods anymore but keep an eye on this method also. Because some of you may face errors while following the above methods. You don’t need to worry about how to change your default browser and default home page. Here I am going to give to detailed way to change the default home page of your android mobile or android tablet.
- First of all, open your default web browser and then navigate to the home page which you want to set as the default home page on your web browser.
- Now click on the Menu button.
- On the menu on your android mobile, you can see “Save bookmarks on URL page” while using chrome, then simply click on the star icon in the address bar.
- Here again, click on the menu button and search for the bookmark which you have saved right now.
- You can even do that by simply visiting the post in some cases.
- Only press on and keep the bookmark or history page.
- Finally, A new menu that includes an option called to set as home page will appear on your web browser on your android mobile or tablet.
How to Remove content://com.android.browser.home/
We all know that content://com.android.browser.home/ is the default URL for an in-built app on Android devices. But most of the users don’t like to use that default home page, where they always find a way to delete it. Here I am going to show you How to remove content://com.android.browser.home/. Simply follow the steps given below.
- First of all, open the default web browser on your android mobile or android tablet.
- Now select the Menu settings and then navigate to Menu options.
- Here click on the General Now and then Tap on the Home page option.
- Here type the URL which you want to set as your customized URL home page by removing content://com.android.browser.home/.
- Now Click on the Save option to save your customized default home page on your android mobile or android tablet.
- Why do we need a homepage?
The main function of a homepage is to direct users around your site, so it is important that your guests can do so with ease.
- What is the content com android browser home?
The “content://com.android.browser.home/” is a syntax (or a link) that is used to customize default browser homepage.
- What are the major types of browsers available today?
- Internet Explorer.
- Goggle Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
That’s it, friends, I think this information is more than enough to know How to change the default home page of your web browser. Here in this article, we have discussed what is content://com.android.browser.home/? and also different ways to set the default homepages in different browsers. If you have any doubts regarding changing the default home page, then comment below.
If you get benefited from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family. I will update the article with the other methods where you can also use those methods to change the default home page on different browsers.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.