If you are facing problems or issues while you are trying to Delete the Skype Account, then read this article to Remove Skype Account Without any issues in the future. Here you can Fix Can’t Connect to AppStore Issue on your iDevices for free.
Well, deleting the skype account make things quite complicated and convoluted. It is almost impossible to separate the skype and Microsoft accounts- states Microsoft. Microsoft will not allow you to sign in to other Microsoft consumer products like Office Online, Windows, Outlook.com, Xbox Live, or OneDrive if you will permanently close your Microsoft account for deleting the Skype account. But it is necessary to delete your Microsoft account for not signing the Skype account permanently. So, considering carefully whether losing skype access is worthwhile or not will be worthwhile.
Well, if you want to delete your skype account for sure, we are here to guide you. You have landed the right place because, in this article, I am going to guide you about everything in detail. Well, before I share the steps of how to delete the skype account, I would guide you about how you can unlink the account. Hey If you have Disabled Apple ID? Then Unlock it.
Content Include on This Article
>> Step 1) Open your browser and type Skype.com on the address bar.
>> Step 2) Login your account
>> Step 3) Go to Settings and Preferences and under it go to Account Settings.
>> Step 4) Now, here, check for your Microsoft account ID. You will find the Unlink/Not Linked option besides your Microsoft account ID.
>> Step 5) Click on that option, and your ID will get detached.
>> Step 6) Click on continue if any confirmation alert pops up.
So, guys, these are the six simple steps that you would need to follow, you unlink your Skype account. But it may result in loss of Skype accounts if the Skype name says either outlook Your Email Address or live Your Email Address.
You will get a sign out of your Skype account after unlinking your account. So, sign in again for deleting your account. So, for deleting your account, you would need to follow the following steps.
How to Delete Skype Account:
- First, cancel the Skype subscription or recurring payments if you have any.
- Go to the account settings on the web, and on the left, you will find a blue bar where you can click on any of the subscriptions you want to cancel.
- After selecting the subscription, click on Cancel Subscription to proceed.
- Now a message will pop up, click on Thank But No Thanks, I Still Want to Cancel. It will confirm the cancellation of the subscription.
For any subscription, you haven’t used, you can request for a refund. There are two possible ways to do that, either fill out the online cancellation and refund form or, you can request in a live chat with Skype’s support staff. If you want iPhone Utility, then Download iPhone Configuration Utility.
- Well, you need to first cancel your Skype number before deleting your account if you have purchased the skype number. For canceling your skype number, go to the Manage Features section and click on your skype number. Go to settings and click on the option Cancel Skype number.
Until the expiry date which you have entered in the web interface, your number will remain active. Microsoft will reserve your number for 3 months after it gets expired.
Well, if you want to renew your number in the future, again go to the skype settings and click on Skype Number. Now, the number you want to reactive, click on Reactive Settings next to it. But you can’t request a refund for the number you have canceled.
- Well, to have your Skype credit automatically topped up when the balance falls below a certain amount, you must be using the recurring payments. So, disable the auto-recharge feature, and for disabling this feature, you would need to follow certain steps. Go to the account details section on the web and click on Bills and Payments. Right next to the status, you will find the auto-recharge feature. Hit Diable under this option.
- Now, you can contact the Skype Customer Service after completing all these formalities. You can contact them and ask them for closing your account.
So, guys, these are some steps that you would need to follow for deleting your Skype account. Well, now if you are using Skype on your Mobile either Android or iOS, you can follow these simple steps.
Steps to Delete Skype Account on Mobile
>> Step 1) Launch Skype on your device and tap your Skype name.
>> Step 2) Go to the Gear icon on the top right corner, you will find the Settings option, click on it.
>> Step 3) In the Settings, you will find Account and Profile. Click on it and close your account.
>> Step 4) For proceeding further, verify your ID and password first.
>> Step 5) You will get a list for verification, go through it, and click next.
>> Step 6) Now, list the reason for closing the account, and hit on Mark Account for Closure.
So, guys, this is how you can close your account on your Android or iOS device also. But there are some consequences of deleting a Skype account that I am going to share now.
Consequences of Deleting the Skype Account
Well, along with deleting the account, all your data like chat history, skype contact, and all purchases linked with it will also get deleted. After closing your account, it might take a month for disappearing your name from the Skype directory. If you are facing an iPad Disabled problem, then read more to Fix iPad is Disabled, Connect to iTunes Error.
After 30 days, when your name will disappear, your friends will still be able to see it until and unless they will remove from their list, but they will not be able to contact you. Well, if you want other people to not find your name on Skype, set your status to offline, and remove all the other personal information from your account.
So, guys, this is the complete guide on How to delete the Skype Account. I hope, the guide was helpful for you guys. Well, I have shared everything in detail. So, I hope all your doubts are cleared. I hope after reading this guide, you can now delete your account easily with no confusion and difficulties. But if you still face any issues, you can feel free to ask us. Thank You.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com