If you are facing Service Host Sysmain high CPU Usage, then read more to know How to Disable the Sysmain Service Entirely?
If you have a Windows PC, you have heard the name ‘Superfetch/ Sysmain’ or ‘Prefetch.’ These are the primarily Windows service to speed up the window’s performance. The SysMain is the main service that belongs to Superfetch. Service Host Sysmain is designed to take all accessible RAM space with preloaded applications. SysMain operates in the background of PC and improves system performance.
SysMain knows the RAM usage patterns and evaluates your often-used applications. Many applicants have claimed that the SysMain procedure is the main reason for extremely high CPU usage. While the SysMain helps you understand how you use your hard drive, it is not required for your PC. Here, you may get the various methods to disable the Service Host Sysmain service entirely.
- Why Force Quit Not Working on Mac
- There Was a Temporary Problem Completing Your Request An Unknown Error Occurred (-50)
- How to Fix Default Gateway Not Available
- Methods to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled on Windows 11
Content Include on This Article
What is Service Host Sysmain?
Sysmain is a new and latest memory manager that checks usage patterns over time to manage memory content. It was first presented in Windows Vista as a replacement to PreFetch. With the help of a lightweight monitoring algorithm, Windows 10 Superfetch procedure creates a cache profile of programs and apps.
SysMain is the service formerly known as Superfutch in Windows Vista under various names. SysMain is an excellent choice for a summoning file, but it doesn’t arise without an error because the system will use the processor cycle to use compressed memory, which may slow down the PC or laptop.
If you are running the old model of Windows 10, Windows 7, or 8, it may sometimes appear as a Service Host: Superfetch within Task Manager. The provider operates within the background and measures how much RAM you are using and which applications are unnecessarily consuming the maximum space.
How Does Sysmain work?
In the windows 10 version, it shows up like Sysmain before this version under the name of Superfetch. In the Task Manager, it shows up as Service Host: Sysmain. If your using older versions it will show like Service Host: Superfetch.
This Sysmain runs the background and analyses what amount of RAM your using and which type of applications you run most of the time. If an application can run frequently this service recognizes as frequently used, then it will start preloading the app into RAM. This way you can access it next time very quickly. You may be thinking this will use all of your RAM, But it was your assumption. This service focuses on preloading apps into unused RAM memory, Sysmain doesn’t use consumed memory. you will see this if you open Task manager to the processes tab and look at your Memory Usage.
Moreover, it was consuming all unused RAM with preloaded apps, consumed RAM usage still doesn’t show 100%. This is because Sysmain running in the background.
How to Disable the SysMain Service Entirely?
If you access an HDD on your PC, then it is likely that SysMain will cause a high CPU due to the normal statistic that HDD is slow in rearranging itself. If you face high CPU usage because of SysMain, here are the simple methods to entirely disable the service.
Through the Services Management Console:
- First, launch the Services management console by mentioning the “services. MSC” command.
- On the Start menu hit the Windows key and begin typing.
- You have to open then run the dialog command by hitting the Windows + R keys.
- Under the Services management console, you will get all the services working on your PC.
- Then, search the SysMain in the list and make sure the description should be equal “Handles and enhances system performance over time.”
- Then, you have to press on the “Service” and choose the “Stop” tab. It will disable the service directly but does not stop it completely. If you restart, the SysMain service host will begin working again.
- To deactivate entirely, choose the “Properties” option and press on it. Under the “General” tab, search the “Startup type” and select “Manual” from various options.
- After that, press on the “OK” tab to save than changes and close the PC.
- Open your PC again and go to the “Services management console” to evaluate if the service is working or not.
Using The Command Prompt:
- First of all, you have to launch the command prompt in advanced mode. Now, hit the Windows key and mention the “cmd” command. Choose Command Prompt>Operate as Admin” option.
- Now, stop the boot-time startup of the SysMain service by mentioning the “MSC config “SysMain” begin=disabled” command.
- Disable the working service by mentioning the “MSC stop, “SysMain” command.
- Restart the PC and CHECK service is disabled or not by typing the “MSC query “SysMain” command.
- How to Downgrade From Windows 11 to Windows 10 After 10 days
- Steps to Find my iPhone Login
- Why iPhone Won’t Turn On/Stuck on Apple Logo
Using The Registry Editor:
The Registry Editor is the best method for creating long-term modifications to your system. The process to stop the SysMain service via the Registry editor is as follows:
- Firstly, you have to hit the Win+R to launch the Run window, mention the “Regedit” command, and then press the “Enter” button.
- It will navigate to the Registry Editor path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysMain.
- On the right side, you have to press the “Value Start” tab.
- Finally, change the price of the Value Data to 4 and hit on the “OK” button to apply the changes.
Disable Backup Intelligent Transfer (BIT) Service:
- In Windows Task Manager, you have to press the “Services” button.
- You will search the “Open Services” button and press it at the windows’ bottom side.
- You will get the massive list of all the Services in the next window. Search the required service known as Background Intelligent Transfer Service and press on it and then choose the “Stop” button to disable the service.
Disable Automatic Updates:
- To open the “Run Dialog” box, you have to hit the “Windows + R” keys and enter the “services. MSC” command.
- A list of Services will be displayed, and now search the Windows Update Service and press on it.
- Then, search the Startup type available on the “General” options and choose the “Disabled” tab, and hit on the “OK” button.
Is it Bad or Good to Have Superfetch or SysMain?
Windows will try to stop accessing this method when there is accessible RAM. However, when some data needs a significant amount of space when there is not sufficient RAM, the PC will squeeze the data and arrive it into RAM to save changes and force the PC or laptop to operate well.
Every data is saved in RAM so that it can be used openly without any difficulties. Many applicants see that the memory is occasionally crowded with 3.5 GB, but it is not so difficult when at 100 percent your hard drive can need an exchange file. You have to some time until the data is compacted into RAM.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Is Sysmain is a Virus?
Answer: No, it was a service of windows.
- Question 2) If Service host SuperFetch / SysMain is useful then why does it create problems?
Answer: There are some reasons which may create issues with the SuperFetch or SysMain service. It may be due to driver incompatibility, software incompatibility, or being stuck in a loop in the pre-loading of data.
- Question 3)Is it safe to disable Sysmain?
Answer: Yes, it is completely safe to disable this service. You can enable it again at any time.
- How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High Memory 2022
- Why iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- How to Disable Yourphone.exe on Windows 10
SuperFetch is also known as Sysmain. The work of SysMain is to maintain and enhance the system’s performance every time. The SysMain procedure is liable for assembling data on every type of usage on the PC or laptop. Here, we have provided various methods to disable the Sysmain service completely.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply