If you want to develop iOS apps on Windows devices, then Download Xcode For Windows PC/Laptop and start developing iOS apps on Windows or Mac.
Xcode is referred to as an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) and is also known as the macOS-only program. It is utilized for designing, creating, posting, or publishing iOS apps. It includes tools for posting your app or games in the Apple App Store, version control, documentation, a debugger, an Interface Builder, a code editor, Swift, and many more.
Content Include on This Article
What is XCode?
Xcode can provide entry support for creating iOS apps and works only on Mac OS. This could a problem for Windows users. If you prefer to use an iOS app on your Windows PC but it is not possible to purchase a pre-installed Mac OS laptop or a PC.
Similar to the Windows platform, Apple will never license or authorize its operating system for utilizing other computer manufacturers. Mac OS can be used only on a Mac system. Moreover, if you buy a Mac PC or laptop then the obtained license can be agreed to utilize only the Apple hardware that supports the Mac operating system. This limitation or restriction will be effective to develop any apps only on your Mac OS.
- How to Get Terragen Software
- Download Trelby on Mac
- What are the Hitfilm Express System Requirements
- Download Syncios Data Transfer Free for Windows 10
- App Name: XCode For Windows
- File Size: 8.1 GB
- Region: USA
- Language: English
- Console: Windows
Features of XCode
Find below the list of a few features offered by the Xcode application on Windows PC for your reference:
Make use of the Xcode editor to directly debug the application. Just place the cursor on any available variables to know their contents. Right-click or utilize the Quick Look feature to view the data that includes in the watch list.
XCTest APIs will assist the user with easier access to create the testing units for functionality and also can execute on Simulator, iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers.
With the help of iOS SDK (Software Development Kit), the Xcode app can be created, installed, executed, and also debug the Cocoa Tough apps. Based on the streamlined development workflow, it is tested on Mac-based Simulators.
In-built Interface Builder
Without using the script or code, it is possible to test or design your user interface. Make use of the Xcode editor to prototype and connect graphically with the interface for updating the same on the source location.
Users are allowed to browse and locate any required documents using the API & Development Reference Viewer or the Help section.
This professional editor can write script or code with errors, display warnings with message bubbles, syntax highlighting, code folding, advanced code completion, and even other context-sensitive in-line information.
Xcode Installation on Windows PC – Requirements
Before installing the Xcode application on your Windows operating system, it is mandatory to know the following basic system requirements for your reference:
- Hardware Virtualization
- The minimum RAM capacity should be 2GB, but the recommended RAM capacity is 4GB+
- Dual-core Intel processor or above
- Xcode package should be downloaded from the Apple App Store. Log in with your Apple ID for downloading the Xcode executable file.
- Working Virtual machine (Mac OS X) on VirtualBox or VMware.
The professional app developers will always prefer to buy Apple Hardware along with App developer ID and OS X. Xcode can be utilized on your Apple hardware before testing this program on a real Apple machine. Since we use VirtualBox for installing the Xcode application on the Windows PC, it is important to use the Virtual machine along with a working Mac OS X. If the installed VirtualBox is not available then it is much easier to download the application from any open-source and free websites.
- Download Xbox 360 Emulator for PC for Free
- Download Safari for Windows 10 64-bit
- What is Darkwave Studio System Requirements
Download Xcode on Windows PC or Laptop – Installation Process
You can follow the below-provided instructions to install the Xcode application on your Windows PC or Laptop for utilizing the iOS SDK (Software Development Kit):
- First, you need to download the VirtualBox or VMware for your Windows PC from any one of the reliable sources or trustworthy websites and install the same.
- Then download the OSX Mavericks ISO file similar to a Virtual Machine and install the same.
- Within the Oracle VirtualBox, you need to create a new Virtual machine.
- Access the Virtual Box and press the New icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your preferred new OS. For example, type the Name field as OSX, OS type as Mac OSX, and input the version as 32-bit Mac OS X and press the Next icon.
- Choose the RAM size for your new virtual machine. The sufficient memory size for any Android device to execute the Windows PC will be 1GB RAM (1024 MB size). After choosing your PC’s memory size, press the Next icon.
- Choose & create the Virtual hard drive file type. The hardware file type can be VirtualBox Disk Image (VDI) and press the Next icon.
- It is advisable to choose the VDI format while processing the ISO image.
- The physical hard drive option should be enabled as Dynamically Allocated. The Android size and file location must allocate within your device’s physical hard drive, and then press the Create option.
- After successfully creating the Virtual Machine to utilize with your VirtualBox. The earlier downloaded ISO file has to be mounted now. Access the Storage option within the Settings menu. Now Load the ISO file and press the Start icon.
Guidelines to Follow:
- Follow the guidelines provided by the executable file to install the OSX boot using the wizard and also install the OSX on your Oracle Virtual Box.
- Open your VirtualBox and access the Safari browser to visit the Apple App Store official website. Log in using your Apple account credentials using your Apple ID and respective account password.
- After successful sign-in, within the search box input the keyword Xcode to receive the entire package. From the available list, choose the appropriate Xcode app and download it to your system.
- Press the OK icon for downloading the installation kit.
- Once it is done, you can access the applications successfully. You need the root login credentials for changing any system settings or getting the rights for installing the Xcode components. Input your account credentials and tap the Ok icon.
How to Run the Xcode Application
- First of all, Open Terminal within your Apple VM
- Here Type the below code to set a usable resolution.
‘./vmware-resolutionSet 1920 1080’
Now your Apple desktop should be much more usable. Now you can purchase and download a copy of the Sketch from the App Store.
- Here simply open your macOS Sierra VM and select the Apple icon in the top left.
- Select App Store and perform any system updates listed there.
- Search for Xcode and select Get. Let it download and install it onto your computer.
- Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch.
- To test or run applications on an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID.
- How to Get Snapchat on PC Without Bluestacks
- Download Tinder
- Download Checkra1n for Windows 7 64-bit
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Is it safe to use XCode?
Answer: Xcode is 100% safe to use.
- Question 2) Do I need to pay to Download Xcode?
Answer: Nope, you don’t need to pay a single penny to download XCode.
- Question 3) Where can I download XCode directly on my Mac?
Answer: Simply follow the below link to download XCode
Now, Xcode is installed successfully on your Windows PC with the help of VMware Workstation and desktop virtualization software. Xcode SDK (Software Development Kit) will assist to install the Xcode app along with the app development program on your Windows Laptop or PC.
It will help you to create better apps or even new projects by using this user-friendly interface. Since this program is running on Windows OS, the Xcode application’s speed and performance will not be extremely high. If you get benefited from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family.
Thanks for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply