Cydia is quite a popular app these days. Cydia is basically a package manager app, usually for mobile phones too, for iOS devices. This app allows the user for finding as well as installing software that is not at all permitted by Apple on jailbroken iOS devices, like iPhones, iPads as well as iPod touch devices. But due to some reasons, the app is not working these days. Hence, here is an amazing alternative for the same. It is the Sileo App.
Sileo is an Alternative for Cydia, for iOS 11 and iOS 12. The most recent Sileo version now supports iOS 15 as well. The Sileo app was developed by Cool Star, the one who is the developer of Electra Jailbreak. In comparison with Cydia, Sileo is quite expeditious, prompt, as well as light in weight. Continue reading until the very end to gain more information regarding the Sileo app. In its beginning days, Sileo basically initiated as a third-party package manager signified to be a complete replacement for the Cydia app but not just this, the Sileo team is looking further to scale up.
Somehow, only jailbroken users can operate Sileo for installing packages, while on the other hand, non-jailbroken users can use the Sileo app for accessing all the other features.
Content Include on This Article
Sileo As Repo Browser
You can even use Sileo as a repo browser as well as receive all the notifications for the package updates on a non-jailbroken iPhone. Nevertheless, for using it even as a repo browser, you are required for saving a list of the repo URLs in the Notes app after that you have to use the batch-add feature for adding them each and every time you will open the Sileo app.
On the other hand, you can even let the Sileo app run itself in the background. After that, you will not be required to re-adding the sources each of the times you will be relaunching the app.
Sileo is evidently not going to be as substantial on a non-jailbroken device as if compared with a jailbroken one. In spite of this, it can always be accessed like a repo browser. And honestly, this is why a lot many users show interest in it.
- iMyfone D Back Review for 2022
- What are the Languages offered by LingoDeer
- How to get the best camera for Dazz Cam
- Download Panda Helper
The technical details of the Sileo App are
- App Name: Sileo
- Size: 7 MB
- Version: 1.2.6 b2
- Cost: Free
- Category: Cydia Alternative
- Developed By: Coolstar
Features of Sileo App:
Sileo version 0.7b2 introduced a few new features and in addition to this, has fixed a few bugs as well. This update comes with complete support for the 3D Touch gestures via the Home screen as well as in the app, allowing you to access shortcuts with the ability to have a peek-and-pop in the app itself.
This fixed a problem that may lead to the crashing of the Sileo app. In addition to this, Respring button is also working better now. Electra made Sileo one of the default package managers. Thus, it depends on you, whether you choose Sileo or Cydia.
Reasons Behind Its Introduction:
Cydia was launched 15 years back and Saurik is basically the key star. However, if noticed, for some time, Saurik is totally silent and the latest jailbreak developers do not have enough time for waiting till Saurik update Cydia to its latest version.
Therefore, due to the same, they created their own version of Cydianamely, Sileo. If compared, Sileo is quite a lot faster than Cydia, and all the credits for the same go-to Electra Jailbreak Team plus more as they created such an awesome bundle.
It is quite a good package manager and while we ran tests on the new jailbreak store, we got to know a lot more, such as:
- Each Cydia repo is completely well-matched with the 3rd party app store – no need for any tweaking
- Tweaks can be added easily by the developers as well as the apps to this jailbreak store.
- Any tweak that does not support iOS 11 or higher is straight away removed, making it assured that only you get those that work.
- Faster as compared to Cydia
- Cydia purchases can be made now as well
However, it is a drawback as well that Sileo will be well matched for the iOS 11 onwards but not really for those versions which are below iOS 11. For the versions below iOS 11, Cydia can be used without any question. Looking forward, Sileo will not be matched for 32-bit devices.
But somehow, Sileo can work with the previous Cydia repositories as well as packages and this is an important implementation detail for those jailbreaking.
- User-friendly interface, easy to navigate and use.
- It is the fastest unofficial third-party AppStore better than Cydia.
- Applicable for all repositories.
- Easily add tweaks.
- This is a limited app store, especially for 64-bit devices.
- Due to the removal of unsupported tweaks, the testers and developers may face some issues.
- For iOS 11 version devices it is unable to utilize the Sileo as a jailbreak app store.
- Download iTransmission for iPhone 11/ 12
- How to Download 3uTools for Mac OS dmg
- Download iFile IPA for iOS
How to Install Sileo on iPhone/iPad With Cydia Impactor?
You can even download Sileo with the Cydia impactor and here is how:
- First of all, download the Sileo IPA file onto your computer.
- Then download Cydia Impactor.
- Connect your devices and your computer with a USB cable.
- Now you have to open the Cydia Impactor.
- Drag and drop the IPA file downloaded in Step 1 on the Cydia Impactor.
- Cydia Impactor will now be asking for your Apple ID and password, which is verified only with Apple and is also used for signing in the IPA file. If you do not want to provide it, then I recommend you to create an alternative Apple ID and use it for the same.
- As soon as the app is installed, open Settings and then General after that click on Profiles (or “Device Management” / “Profiles & Device Management”). Then, find the profile with your Apple ID and hence, open it.
- Click the Trust button.
- Now you have to open the app and enjoy it to the fullest.
Alternatives of Sileo:
Some of the best alternatives for Sileo are
- Apple App Store
- App Center
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How much time does Sileo take to work?
It takes 2 to 3 hours to get started Sileo and then the device started after all the work is done.
2. Does it supports all iOS devices?
Actually, it is applicable only to iOS devices that later support the other OS.
3. Is it safe for the device?
Yes, this is a safe impactor no need to worry about the virus or Malware.
All these are the most asked and Frequent questions and answers given by the large no of users.
Here is a complete guide on what the Sileo app is basically, what are its advantages over other apps as well as how you can get this app from the Cydia impactor. The Sileo app is obviously an amazing alternate for Cydia. Also, it has a lot more amazing features, that you should try. Hence, go and download this outstanding app, right now.
Thanks for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply