If you are facing an Ethernet that Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration in Windows 10, then read more to know the methods to fix it without any complications.
Many Internet-connected devices such as laptops, PCs, desktop systems, smartphones, or a network printer have their IP addresses. An IP address is a group of numbers that search your PC and smartphone within a network. Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration is a fault message from the Windows Network Diagnostics (WND) method, which notifies the source of the problem without the Internet. Let’s read more to know How to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Issue.
The default message “Invalid IP Address” shows an issue with your PC’s network arrangement. If applicants are using a WIFI connection or Ethernet, IP configuration issues will occur. The leading causes of this problem are the wrong IP address, a faulty Network Interface Card, and many more. If your Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration, you need to follow the below provided ways to fix it.
- How to Hack Roku to Get Free Channels 2022
- How to Fix Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable
- Is msdia80 dll a Virus
- How to Backup iPhone with iTunes
Content Include on This Article
Methods to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration:
If you want to fix the Ethernet that doesn’t have a Valid IP Configuration Windows 10 problem, follow the various ways given below and see which one is best and solve the issue.
Fix #1. Reboot the System:
- First of all, press on the Windows Key + S and hit the control panel. Now then choose the “Control Panel” from the list of options.
- Now change the Viewed By option to Large iCons to view all then iCons in large value. Then, choose the “Power Options” tab from the Control Panel option.
- Afterward, press on the “Choose what the power button does” option.
- Now click on the Change settings that are currently inaccessible tab.
- Click on the startup (suggested) button, which is available at the bottom of the window page.
- Then hit on the “Save” option. Turn the computer on again.
- Finally Uncheck the box Turn on the fast startup (recommended) option under Shutdown settings in order to turn the feature off and click on Save changes.
Fix #2. Check Your Network Adapter Settings (NAS):
- Firstly, you need to press the Windows+R button to launch the Run dialogue box.
- After opening the run dialogue box, mention the “ncpa. cpl” and then hit on the “Enter” button.
- In that Network Adapter Setting window, the NAS window will show press on the “Network Adapter” and then choose the “Properties” option.
- Then select “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)” and double click on it to change the IP address and DNS Server Address.
- On the next page, you will see the (TCP/IPv4) properties and then choose the “Get an IP address >DNS address tab. Here you need to enable the below options
- Obtain an IP address automatically
- Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Here you have to change the IP Address with the below numbers.
- IP address: 192.168.1.15
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway 192.168.1.1
- Next, use the following DNS server addresses and fill the details with these numbers:
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Once you are done changing the IP Address and DNS Server, then simply click on OK, and check whether the Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration issue is fixed or not.
- Download Vulkan Run Time Libraries
- How to Fix TP-Link Router No Internet Access Problem
- Methods to Fix Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device on Windows 10
Fix #3. Restart the Modem or Router and Check Ethernet Wire:
- You have to close your router or modem first and then open it back after 8 minutes.
- Then, check if your computer or laptop has a valid IP configuration.
- If it does not work, attach your router or modem to your computer with the help of various Ethernet cables.
- You have to use multiple routers. If connecting to other routers will not resolve the issue, then there is a problem with your network card.
- If your network card does not work, then replace it.
Fix #4. Restoring the Settings:
- The first most crucial point is to press the Windows Key + S buttons at the same time.
- Now, on the find menu, you need to mention “Control Panel” and press the “Enter” button.
- Later, press on the “Network and Sharing Center,” which comes under the Control Panel.
- Your active connection chooses the network you wish to fix by pressing on the “Connections” option.
- Select on the “Properties” tab, which appears on the pop window.
- Then press on the Install > Protocol tab.
- Now, press on the “Add” tab and choose a trusted “Multicast Protocol” tab.
- Finally, press the OK button and start your computer again. Check if you are receiving the Ethernet, not a legal IP setting error.
Fix #5. Use Command Prompt:
- You have to press the Windows Key + X buttons simultaneously and select the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option available on the menu bar.
- If “Command Prompt” is not accessible, then you can try PowerShell (Admin).
- After opening the “Command Prompt” tab, type the following commands like Netsh Winsock reset or Netshint IP reset.
- On Elevated Command Prompt, type in the following commands (Press the Enter key after each command to execute them):
- netsh Winsock
- reset netsh int IP reset
- Now, After operating the above commands (Netsh Winsock reset or Netshint IP), you will have to start your computer again to apply the modifications.
- After opening the PC, the problem will solve automatically, and you can use the WIFI or Internet without any issues.
- After applying both commands, simply restart the computer and check whether you are getting Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error or not.
Fix #6. Configure the TCP/IPv4 Settings:
- To configure the TCP/IPv4 Settings, you have to press the Windows Key+S >> Control Panel >> Enter.
- Then hit on the “Network and Sharing Center” tab, which is available in the Control Panel.
- The list of your active networks will show on your device. Choose the system you wish to fix by pressing on the Connections option.
- Press on the “Properties” tab.
- Moreover, choose the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) tab and hit on the “Properties” button.
- Later, you need to check either the “Get an IP address” or “Get DNS server address” option.
- Finally, start your PC again and check if Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration issue.
Fix #7. Deactivate Your Antivirus Temporarily:
- When it comes to deciding that Ethernet doesn’t have a legal IP configuration issue, the applicant deactivates the antivirus, which will resolve the problem.
- To disable your antivirus, first, open the antivirus and go to the setting option.
- While various software settings vary, you must search for an alternative to deactivate the security easily.
- Though, it would help if you kept in mind that you must never leave your PC insecure for an extended duration.
- It goes the PC liable to ransomware spells, Trojans, and other types of bug.
Fix #8. Assigning a MAC Address to the Network Card:
- First, hit the “Windows” + “R” buttons, and then mention the “cmd” and then hit on the “Enter” button. Remember that “Physical Address” will also provide in the description box.
- Press the right click on the network image. After pressing on the Network and Sharing Centre, you need to select the “Change Adapter Settings” tab.
- Press the right click on the Internet connection and press on the “properties” button.
- Then press on the “Configure” tab and hit on the “Advanced” button. Hit on the “Network Address” choice and then check the “Value” tab.
- Then mention the address that you used in the “4th” point. Press on the “OK” button to save your modification and see if the problem occurs.
Fix #9. Clear the Network Cache:
This method is done with the ipconfig command in the command prompt. Actually, this command displays the current configuration of the installed IP stack. Using it allows you to reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache and renew the DHCP configuration.
- First of all type command prompt on the search bar of your Windows devices.
- Now right-click on the command prompt and Tap on Run as administrator to open up the elevated command prompt.
- Here one pop-up will appear on your windows screen Tap on the “YES” option to use the elevated command prompt.
- On Elevated Command Prompt, type in the following commands:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- Once you have used these command prompts simply restart the computer and see whether Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Issue is fixed or not.
Fix #10. Reinstall/Update Network Adapter Driver:
You can reinstall or Update the Network adapter drivers with the help of the device manager. I think mostly this method will definitely work to fix Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error.
- So first of all, you need to navigate to the Device Manager on your Windows PC.
- For that simply type Device Manager in the search bar on your Windows and click on it.
- You can use Windows + S key to prompt the search bar.
- You can also press Windows key + R and type in hdwwiz.cpl in the input field and click on OK.
- Here you will be in the Network Adapter, where you can see the list of devices that are connected on your Windows PC/Laptop.
- Now simply navigate to the Network Adapter option and right-click on it and choose Uninstall Device option.
- Here you will get one pop-up, click on Uninstall. Check the box Delete the driver software for this device if you see it.
- Now restart your PC, check whether this Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error or not. If Windows does not install the uninstalled drivers automatically, then go back to Device Manager, right-click on your computer’s name, and select Scan for hardware changes. This will detect missing drivers and install them.
- To update the drivers on your Windows simply follow the same steps but select the Updated drivers instead of uninstalling drivers.
- How to Fix Epic Games Launcher Display Glitch
- Methods to Fix Reset Failed No Changes Were Made on Windows 10
- How to Get Cydia WiFi Password Cracker on iOS 13/14
Frequently Asked Questions?
I hope after following the whole article you can easily Fix Ethernet that doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Issue on your Windows. If our methods still don’t do the trick, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) if there are any issues on their end.
If you get benefited from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family. Here we are providing solutions for almost all windows related errors. I will try different methods to Fix Ethernet that doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error, so I will update the article with the other working methods soon.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com