Very warm welcome geeks…!! Today I am going to discuss something related to iOS. Well, most of the iOS users are facing this issue which is a dead iPhone. This is one of the frustrating issues that most users face. In this issue, you can see a black screen on your iPhone which looks like a dead iPhone. So, in this article, I am going to present to you how to fix a dead iPhone. Without any further delay let’s get started.
Yes, there may be so many reasons for getting this issue. This is one of the common issues caused due to some malfunctioning of your iPhone. We all know that Apple produces the best smartphones ever. But some reasons might cause a dead iPhone. Now let us see what are some of the reasons for getting this dead iPhone.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Fix A Dead iPhone:
- 1.1 #1. Replace Your iPhone Battery:
- 1.2 #2. Check For Any Hardware Damage:
- 1.3 #3. Force Restart Your Device:
- 1.4 #4. Restore iPhone In Recovery Mode Or DFU Mode:
- 1.5 #5. Update Your iPhone Using iTunes:
- 1.6 #6. Fix iPhone Dead Problem Without Data Loss:
- 1.7 #7. Charge Your iPhone:
- 1.8 #8. Clean The Charging Port:
- 1.9 Related posts:
Reasons For A Dead iPhone:
- The first reason might be you have not charged your iPhone. Due to some faulty cable or adapter.
- Sometimes any software malfunctioning might also cause this issue.
- There will be a hardware problem like the battery or internal board that you need to change.
- Well, you have not updated your iPhone to the latest version.
- You might have dropped your iPhone in water or any moisture places.
These are some of the reasons for getting this iPhone dead issue. Now let us see some of the working methods to fix dead iPhones. Let’s get into detail.
Methods To Fix A Dead iPhone:
Here in this article, I am going to show you the best possible 8 methods to fix your dead iPhone. These methods will help you to fix your dead iPhone. Let’s discuss each method in detail.
#1. Replace Your iPhone Battery:
The first method that I am discussing is to replace your iPhone battery. Well, a dead iPhone mostly resembles a dead battery. So, make sure to check your battery first when you face this issue. The reason behind this is if you have used your iPhone too much, then your battery will die. You also need to check the battery health up to date.
- Go to the settings option and scroll down then select the battery option.
- There click on the battery health and check the condition.
This means your battery may have drained completely. So that you need to replace your battery using Apple care or a new one. Or else you can boost up your battery to charge it. So that you can recover your iPhone.
#2. Check For Any Hardware Damage:
Yes, hardware damage might also cause your iPhone dead. Here I am going to show you some things that you need to check for the hardware damage. Do follow them.
- If you have dropped your iPhone in water then your hardware will get damaged.
- Check whether you are using the faulty cable or adapter and make sure to replace them.
- Clean your charging port to remove dirt and check whether it is damaged or not.
- Check whether your internal components are damaged or not.
#3. Force Restart Your Device:
Well, this is one of the easiest methods that will help you to fix a dead iPhone. The simple step you need to do is to force restart your device. Do follow the below steps carefully.
For iPhone 6 And Older Generations do follow these steps.
- The first step that you need to do is to press the power button and the home button simultaneously.
- Make sure to hold them for around 10-15 seconds.
- After that you will see the Apple logo then it will force start the device.
For iPhone 7 And Later Generations do follow the below these steps.
- The first step you need to do is to click the power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Make sure to hold them for around 10 seconds.
- After that you can see the Apple logo on the screen then it will force restart the device.
#4. Restore iPhone In Recovery Mode Or DFU Mode:
Well, if you are facing this dead iPhone issue then you can simply put your iPhone in recovery mode. By connecting it to iTunes you can simply follow the below steps. Before that, a kind reminder is that all your data will be vanished by this method.
- The first step that you need to do is to download the updated version of iTunes. Now connect lightning cable to it.
- If you are using the iPhone 7 or newer version then long-press the volume down button.
- Then connect the lightning cable to another end of this device.
- Now you can see the iTunes symbol on the iPhone screen. Then it enters into recovery mode.
- Well for iPhone 6s and older generations you need to press the home button instead of the volume button.
- For iPhone 5s then you will see the iTunes message on the screen once it detects your device.
- Make sure to agree to the prompt and your device will be restored.
#5. Update Your iPhone Using iTunes:
As previously mentioned in the reasons, using an older version might cause this issue. So, make sure to update your iPhone using iTunes. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is to launch iTunes and then connect to your iPhone.
- Then it detects your iPhone and from the devices option select it.
- Now go to the summary page and then click on the check for update button.
- Then it checks for update and finally click on the update button and then confirm it.
#6. Fix iPhone Dead Problem Without Data Loss:
Well, most iPhones look for recovery without losing their data. Here I am providing you the best method to fix your iPhone dead issue without any data loss. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to launch the Dr. Fone on your computer and click on the system repair button.
- Now then connect your iPhone using the lightning cable to a computer. Then click on any model you like.
- After that click on the start option then it shows some instructions make sure to follow them.
- Finally, wait for some fine until all the data is downloaded completely.
#7. Charge Your iPhone:
Well, if none of the above seems to work for you. Make sure to charge your iPhone to check whether the problem is in hardware or software.
- Connected the iPhone charger directly to the wall outlet.
- Then try to restart the device to fix the issue.
Most iPhone users have claimed that connecting to a charger has fixed the issue.
#8. Clean The Charging Port:
If your iPhone is still not responding then there might be dirt in your charging port. Make sure to clean the charging port with an anti-static brush. Don’t use any moisture to clean the port as it causes to damage internal components.
- How do I turn on my iPhone?
Well, you can connect your iPhone to the charger and let it charge for a while. Then you can simply turn on the phone after 15 minutes.
- How to wipe a dead iPhone?
You can wipe out a dead phone by going to iCloud> all devices> click on erase option.
- How to fix iPhone dead and not charging?
Yes, you can use iTunes to fix this issue and you can also replace the battery.
Finally, I can conclude that in this article I have presented the best possible 8 methods to fix dead iPhone. In addition to this, I have also mentioned the reasons. Have a look at them. You can follow any of the best methods which help to recover your iPhone. I hope this article will help you in a great way.
If you have any doubts regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.