If you are facing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing error which is caused by the missing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your Windows, then read more to Fix it.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing is a primary Windows operating system file. It is used for collecting different resources for applications from third parties. The programming language is related to C++. If you miss the file, the programs running in this language will not start successfully, because the appropriate file is not found.
This issue has multiple remedies. The redistributed packages can be reinstalled. Begin with the first solution and work down your route. You can try to run the application after each solution has been performed. Try reinstalling it if it still doesn’t work.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error?
Why api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing?
The Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio contains the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing. It can experience this problem if this software is lacking or your current software is incompatible or corrupted.
The dll file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0 is a DLL system file that my Windows 7, Windows 10, and earlier versions of Microsoft have supplied. In that case, when starting a program, application, or game you may load the API-MS-win-crt-runtime-L1-1-0.dll from your System32 or SysWOW64 directory and receive an Error message. Occasionally, you might want to split or miss this file from your computer.
With the lack of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, the error of programs such as GTA 5, Minecraft, and PubG could result in the following messages:
- This program cannot start because you don’t have api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on your machine. To fix this problem, try reinstalling the software.
- api-ms-win-crt-l1-1-0.dll can not be run on Windows, but may also contain an error.
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll had difficulty starting. Cannot locate the specified module.
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll loading bug. Cannot locate the specified module.
How to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error?
Several potential corrections are available for this error:
- Delete and reinstall the software, device, or game that causes the error.
- See if Windows upgrades are possible.
- Update the software, application, or game to make the new version available If possible.
- Clean the registry and customize it.
- Download and paste the program, sound, or application folder to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll.
- It is recommended that api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll be downloaded and installed.
- You can get Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP Free to download and update api-ms-win-crt-runtime-L1-1-0.dll.
Method 1: Redistributable kit Visual C++ reinstall
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime–l1-1-0.dll is a main Windows system file. If you don’t know api-ms-win-krt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, as explained in the introduction you cannot start games. The entire redistributable package is downloaded and installed to replace the missing file. Remember that you should not download .dll files from non-official websites on the Internet at all times. They can get malware and viruses infected, and can easily corrupt your computer.
- Go to the official download page of Microsoft.
- After choosing the language, press the Download button.
- Pick and click Next to choose the “vredist x64.exe.” It’s started shortly after the update. Save the file and run the file in an available position.
- After finishing the installation, restart the machine and verify that the problem is resolved.
Method 2: Execute Checker Machine File
System File Checker (SFC) is a Microsoft Windows program for users searching for their computers for infected files. The tool has been on Microsoft Windows since Windows 98. It is an excellent way to diagnose the problem and check if compromised files on windows pose any problems.
We should try to run SFC to see if we can solve our dilemma. When running SFC, you get one of the three answers.
- No honesty breaches were detected by Windows.
- Windows Resource Security has detected and restored corrupt files.
- Fixed corrupt files with Windows Resource Protection but could not patch any or all of them.
Steps to be followed:
- To boot the Run program, press Windows + R. In the dialogue box type “taskmgr” and press enter to start the task manager of your machine.
- Now, on the top left of the browser, press the file option, and pick “Run New Task” from the list of available options.
- Enter the option “Create this task with administrative privileges” in the dialogue box. You can also select “PowerShell.”
- Only key and press Enter once in Windows Powershell. It might take some time for all your Windows files to be checked and verified for corrupt phases by the machine.
- If a Windows error is detected, but you cannot correct it, you can type it If you notice it
- If you still can’t fix corrupt files, run the PowerShell high-ranking DISM button. The files are corrupted and replaced by corrupt ones from Windows update repositories. Please notice that due to your internet access this method will also take some time. Don’t cancel and let it run at some point.
If an error has been found and corrected using the aforementioned procedures, uninstall the program, restart it, and verify if it is starting correctly. Copying the fore mentioned DLL file from another operating machine if nothing has worked for you so far. But make sure the version and architecture of Windows, i.e. 32 or 64 bit, are the same.
Method 3: Re-register DLL File
You will have to re-register the DLL file while the DLL file is present on the device, but this error message always is sent to you. If the DLL file is missing, it is not the real way to download and paste the missing dll file from the internet. You can do it, but no positive effects can be obtained from it.
Method 4: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Some applications use Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, as is the case for Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable kit. Perhaps you need this to be mounted. You should consider these above solutions to solve this issue and figure out which of them can benefit you.
Method 5: Update Universal C Runtime
Universal C Runtime upgrades from Microsoft are downloaded. Install the Runtime part, reboot, and search. The Universal CRT is part of the operating system for your knowledge only, beginning with Windows 10.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error can sound difficult but can be solved quickly if you know the correct solution. Don’t want to replace the lost DLL file because it won’t eventually work. DLL files are normally connected to their systems and this relation is not restored by replacing it with a new DLL file. You should review the above guide to fix this issue easily if you find this mistake.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com