If you facing AR Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7, then read more to know How to Fix ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10/8/7?
Hello! Internet Viewers, I am so happy to invite you to this article, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, Today we are here with a new concept that every ARK game user must know, I think you’re ARK game keeps crashing on Windows 10, 8, 7 and you’re searching for the fixing methods to solve and also wants to know the reasons behind crashing for that type of people you’re at the right place and this article is the best reference to know.
In this article, we are clearly telling the reasons behind the crashing and briefly explaining the fixing methods to fix the ARK crashing issues on Windows 10,8, 7, the methods are very easy and simple and they quickly solve the issue.
Content Include on This Article
Reasons behind ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7
Some reasons for getting the ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7 is
- Insufficient system requirements
- Interference of Anti-virus software
- Lack of update or outdated, broken, damaged, or faulty graphics drivers.
- Due to the presence of corrupted game files.
- Errors due to damaged hardware components such as RAM, PSU
- The operating system is outdated.
- Mods that are running on the ARK server
Methods to Fix the ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7
There are some effective methods that are helpful to fix the ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7 that are
- Check the System Requirements
- Update the Driver
- Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Set the Launch Options
- Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
- Check Computer Hardware Problems
- Install latest ARK patch
- Reinstall ARK
- Change Power Options
- Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
Method #1: Check the System Requirements
Before going to try any method to solve any type of issue or error, first of all, the user must check the system requirements, due to insufficient system requirements can also arise so many errors and issues.
Here we are providing the minimum system requirements that are necessary to run the ARK.
- The operating system should be Windows 10,8, 7 64-bit versions
- The memory of RAM must be 8GB
- CPU is Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
- The version of DirectX is 11
- GPU is NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
- The Storage space of the hard drive is 60GB
- Internet Connection of Network is Broadband
Method #2: Update the Driver
Due to the lack of updates of drivers also you may face many issues while playing games, so you must update the driver with the latest one to solve the ARK crashing issues on Windows 10, 8, 7.
To update the graphics driver the user must follow some simple steps
- On Windows, press Windows + R keys at a time to launch the Run dialog.
- In that enter devmgmt. msc and press the OK button.
- It launches the Device Manager, in that you need to expand the Display Adapters category.
- Right-click on the graphics driver and then select Update Driver.
- Next select Search Automatically for the updated driver software option.
- In case you failed to get the latest update, then switch to the manual update process, move to the official website of the manufacturer’s and then select Browse my computer for driver software and search and install the driver.
Method #3: Verify Integrity of Game Files
One of the main reasons behind the crashing of ARK on Windows 10,8, 7 are due to corrupted or missing and damaged game files, so you must verify the integrity of game files with the help of the Steam client.
Follow the below simple steps to verify the integrity of game files
- Initially, restart the computer and then open Steam client.
- Move to the Library section and then right-click on the ARK game from the list of games and then select Properties on the menu.
- On the Properties Window, navigate to the Local Files category.
- Next tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- After completion of steps, open the ARK game and then check whether the crashing issue is solved or not.
If not then jump to another method to solve the issue
Method #4: Set the Launch Options
Due to incompatible game settings, sometimes the ARK keeps crashing on Windows, to avoid this the user must set the launch options, to do this you must follow the below simple steps carefully.
- Firstly run the Steam
- Then select Library
- You need to right-click on the ARK and then choose Properties
- Now tap on Set Launch Options
- Next, remove or delete the presently showing launch options
- After that type USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 and tap on OK
- Finally, relaunch the game and check whether the crashing issue is solved or not.
In case the fix didn’t solve the issue then simply reopen the Launch Options box clear the launch option and jump to another fix to solve the issue.
Method #5: Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
If you’re still facing the ARK crashing issue on Windows 10, 8, 7 you can try to run the game in compatibility mode, this mode is also available on Windows 7 and also helpful for Windows 10 when it is unfit to run some applications or specific program such as ARK Survival Evolved and keeps crashing on Windows 10 PC.
To run the game in compatibility mode, the user must follow some simple steps carefully
- First of all, you must right-click on the ARK game on PC.
- Then select Properties that are shown on the right-click menu.
- Now find the Compatibility tab and then you need to check the box i.e Run this program in compatibility mode for and then click on Windows 7 that is located on the drop-down menu.
- Next, you must check the box that is preceding the option i.e Run this program as an administrator.
- After that tap on Apply and then OK to save the changes
- Finally, relaunch the ARK game and then check whether the crashing issue is solved or not
If not then try to use another method in order to fix the issue.
Method #6: Check Computer Hardware Problems
If the above methods didn’t show any results or did not solve the issue properly then the problem is on the computer hardware, so you must check the computer hardware, why because some games especially the ARK will mainly be based upon the hardware, the game is crashing randomly due to poor hardware like RAM, PSU.
So to avoid crashes and other issues while playing games the user must clearly check the hardware and also replace the damaged hardware and the components with a new one (if necessary).
Method #7: Install the latest ARK patch
After checking the hardware then only the ARK keeps crashing then you must install the latest ARK patch, generally, the ARK developers will continuously release the latest game patches in order to fix the errors and bugs, the latest game patch will help to avoid the game crash as well as run the game smoothly on your device without any issues and problems.
So you get the benefits and avoid issues and fix the crashing issue you must install the latest game patch of ARK, for that you can navigate to the official website of ARK Survival Evolved website and search for the latest game patch.
If you notice the latest game patch then install it restart the game and then relaunch the game and check whether the crashing issue is solved or not.
In case there is no latest game patch available then you can try another method to stop crashing of ARK
Method #8: Reinstall ARK
If the above methods do not probably solve the issue then you must reinstall the ARK, uninstall the existing game and then reinstall ARK, it means you’re removing the chance of corrupt or broken installation files on the computer, you don’t worry about the user data when the user can reinstall the steam then it automatically loads the user data back to the game.
To reinstall the ARK, the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, you must open the Steam client.
- Then move to the Games Library
- Now right-click on the game i.e ARK and then choose Uninstall option.
- Follow the instructions to uninstall the game.
- After that launch, the File Explorer and then you must locate the following path i.e
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods
- Now you must remove or delete all the files that are available in the folder.
- Next move to Steam and then again download the game and install it on your device.
Once you reinstall the ARK on you’re device then run the game and check whether the crashing issue is solved or not.
Method #9: Change Power Options
We all know that Windows is comes with inbuilt Power options, so we can easily set the balanced power plan, it is useful to change the speed of the CPU based upon the PC requirements, simply setting the correct power options will help to solve many issues, here we are choosing the High-performance profile as a default one for computer, to do this you must follow some simple steps.
- Initially, Move to the Search bar and then type Control Panel, then click on the related search result.
- Now select the Hardware and Sound tab.
- Click on the Power Options that are shown on the list.
- Next, choose the High-Performance option to save the changes.
- Restart the computer
- After that run the game and examine the issue is rectified or not.
Method #10: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
Not only to fix the crashing issue but also In order to fix the ARK game graphical errors like green water and black sky, the user must reinstall the Visual C++ Distributed Components
Follow the below simple steps to reinstall the Visual C++ Distributed Components
- Open Steam
- Then navigate to the following location i.e Steam\SteamApps\common\ARK_CommonRedist\vcredist\.
- You need to run all the installation programs that are available on the folder to reinstall the Visual C++ Distributed files.
- Next, run the game and check whether the errors are fixed or not.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1) How to Reset Game Resolution?
Answer: If you want to reset the game resolution to get better gameplay, in some cases the user must choose the improper resolution for the in-game settings and those are unsupported by the monitor or due to selection of the Full-screen mode, so to disable the option you must follow these steps carefully
- 1. Initially, you must exit from the Steam as well as in-game
- 2. Then move to the following location i.e
- 3. You can see the GameUserSettings.ini file that is inside the location
- 4. Now, launch the files and then search for the following settings inside the file
- 5. The values that are present on the settings have something else but they are available in all user’s configuration files.
- 6. You can change the values one after another and before going to exit the user must save the changes.
- 7. At last, open the game and then check whether the issue is solved or not.
Question 2) How to clear the Download cache?
Answer: In most of the time the issues we are facing are due to the presence of cache, in order to run the game patch smoothly and properly the user must clear the corrupted download cache on Steam, to do this the user must follow some simple steps.
- Open the Steam.
- Then you must log in with the respective credentials
- Now select a Steam option that is located on the left corner top of the screen and then choose Settings on the list.
- Click on Downloads on the steam settings that are located on the left pane.
- Next tap on the Clear Downloads Cache option.
- After that tap on OK and wait for a few minutes to clear the cache.
- Finally, open the game and then check whether the issue is solved or not.
Question 3) How to Change the Nvidia Control Panel Settings?
Answer: If you want to change the Nvidia Control Panel Settings then follow the below simple steps
- Move to the Nvidia Control Panel
- Then select 3D Settings
- Now you must disable some options like Ambient Occlusion, Anti-aliasing, etc.
- Finally, save the changes and then restart the game.
This article clearly explains the reasons behind the ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7 and briefly discusses the fixing methods to fix the crashing issue.
For people who are searching for the best methods to fix the ARK Crashing Issues on Windows 10, 8, 7 and also want to know the reasons behind it for that type of people this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply