If you are facing a Critical Structure Corruption Error on your Windows 10, then read more to know How to Fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10?
Hello! Buddies, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, I am so happy to invite you to this article, Today’s topic is all about how to fix the critical structure corruption error, people who are searching for the best fixing methods to solve the error for that type of people this article is the best reference.
In this article, We are ready to discuss the basic information and reasons behind the Critical Structure Corruption Error on Windows 10 and clearly explain the fixing methods to solve the error.
Generally, Critical Structure Corruption Error is one type of error that is caused by corrupt hardware, faulty memory card or driver on the system and results in the performance and didn’t run the system well, why because the driver had made some changes on the critical kernel code or data, that’s why we are getting the Critical Structure Corruption error on Windows 10.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10:
- 1.1 Method #1: Check the Hardware( HDD, PSU, RAM)
- 1.2 Method #2: Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter
- 1.3 Method #3: Check the Event Viewer
- 1.4 Method #4: Run SFC( System File Checker)
- 1.5 Method #5: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
- 1.6 Method #6: Perform Clean Boot
- 1.7 Method #7: Reinstall Windows
- 1.8 Method #8: Uninstall the Risky Third-party Software
- 1.9 Method #9: Update All Device Drivers
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.11 Conclusion:
Reasons behind the Critical Structure Corruption Error on Windows 10
Some of the reasons behind the Critical Structure Corruption error on Windows 10 are
- Changes in the hardware i.e faulty driver, RAM issues, and incompatible PSU
- Due to outdated drivers, lack of update
- The driver that accidentally changes the critical kernel code or data.
Methods to Fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10:
In this article we are clearly discussing the effective methods to fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10, Just follow the below methods
- Check the Hardware( HDD, PSU, RAM)
- Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter
- Check the Event Viewer
- Run SFC
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
- Perform clean boot
- Reinstall Windows
- Uninstall the Risky Third-party software
- Update All Device Drivers
Method #1: Check the Hardware( HDD, PSU, RAM)
It is not possible to solve the software related issues until we solve and check the hardware first, In order to fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10, mainly the user must check the three essential physical parts, not only this issue you can solve many system crashes while checking the Hardware.
Things you must check in the Hardware are HDD, PSU, RAM
Check HDD( Hard Disk Drive)
Generally, we all check the hard disk on the computer with the help of command i.e chkdsk
For checking the HDD, the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, the user must move to the search bar.
- Then type cmd on the search bar.
- Now select Run as administrator
- Next Enter chkdsk/f /r and hit Enter.
- At last, this tool will be starting to be checked and effectively solve the errors on the hard disk.
Suppose your hard drive is physically damaged then you must replace the damaged one with a new one, the user can simply follow the instructions to replace the hard drive without any loss of data.
If you want to check the RAM then you can also try to use the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, it is an inbuilt tool that effectively checks and solves RAM errors.
Most of the time the Critical Structure Error in Windows 10 is due to faulty hardware and errors in RAM,
Follow the below simple steps to check the RAM
- You must simply Run a Memory check or utilize the MemTest86 to scan the RAM errors.
- If you notice so many RAM sticks then just disconnect one by one( you must keep at least one plugin for all aspects)
Check PSU( Power Supply Unit):
Before going to check the Power Supply Unit(PSU) the user must connect all the cables correctly, In case you can add new hardware then you didn’t outdo the limits of the power supply.
You can also disconnect all the outer devices that are connected to the system and restore to its default values overlocked devices, perform clean boot with only the default services of Microsoft’s and finally disable/ turn off all the third-party services.
Method #2: Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter
Blue Screen Troubleshooter is one of the best troubleshooting tools to solve the Blue Screen errors and others related to memory on Windows 10.
If you’re facing the Critical Structure Corruption Error while downloading or installing the Windows Update then you must prefer to use the Windows Update troubleshooter in order to fix the error.
Here we are using the Windows inbuilt troubleshooting tool i.e BSOD Troubleshooter, follow the below simple steps to fix the error.
- Initially, you must Press and hold down the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to launch Settings.
- Then click on the Update & Security tab.
- Now select Troubleshoot which is located on the left pane.
- After that, the user must enlarge the Blue Screen troubleshooter and tap on the Run this troubleshooter option.
- It takes some time to complete the process.
- After completion of the process, the user must restart the computer and check whether the error is solved or not.
Method #3: Check the Event Viewer
Event Viewer is an inbuilt tool that perfectly identifies and detects what is happening on the device, with the help of this too the user can easily know the last and recently happened thing on the computer before it is damaged or crashed and also allows the user to identify the issue and also fix it by removing or deleting the app or simply it will disable the service.
It is completely a free tool that usually records all the events that are happening on the operating system, it also records each and every user action like a mouse click or keyboard input to random errors, completion of tasks, and other system-related prompts.
This will also give extra information related to Critical Structure Corruption, follow the below simple steps to check the event viewer to fix the error.
- You must press the Windows + X keys at a time on the keyboard.
- Then it displays the context menu, in that select Event Viewer.
- Now tap on Windows Logs which is located on the left side of the panel.
- Next select System and it will display all the events along with timestamps.
- You must move to the last recorded i.e before the Critical Structure Corruption error that is arisen on the system.
- In case you notice any issue due to any application or service then that is the reason behind the issue.
Method #4: Run SFC( System File Checker)
We all know that SFC (System File Checker) is an excellent inbuilt Windows troubleshooting tool and it is known as SFC Scan, it is used to scan the corrupt system files and also fix them, mainly the error is due to the presence of corrupted and malicious system files on the system, so you must run the system file checker.
To do this you must follow some simple steps.
- You must press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog.
- In that type cmd and press, Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter keys on the keyboard for opening the Command Prompt along with administrative permissions or simply run as administrator.
- Now tap on Yes to allow the Command Prompt to make the modifications on the device.
- It will display the Command Prompt, then you must enter sfc/scannow and hit Enter.
- This will take some time to complete the scan and also for repairing the corrupt files, don’t exit or close the Command Prompt until the completion of the process.
- After completion of scanning, you must restart the computer and check whether the error is solved or not.
The user can also use the DISM tool in order to fix the issue, the SFC and DISM are free tools and perfectly fix the issues related to Windows and also try to fix the Critical Structure Error.
Method #5: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
This error is occurred due to memory failure or RAM is corrupted With the help of the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool you can easily diagnose and fix the issue, this tool is one of the tools on Windows that has the capability of identifying the memory issues.
Below are the steps to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to fix the error
- First of all, you must press Windows + R keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog
- Then type mdsched.exe and then Hit the OK button.
- The user must select Restart now and check for problems(recommended) you must save the work and then close the open programs before you do restart. Or else simply tap on the Check for problems the next time I start my computer and it will helpful to restart the device.
- While in the next boot the user must notify the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for the issues and errors, the user must carefully read all the information shown on the screen.
- After testing the memory completely then checking if there are issues are not, there are no issues means it perfectly fixes the issue, otherwise, you must try to use another method in order to fix the issue.
Method #6: Perform Clean Boot
One of the effective methods to fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error on Windows 10 is a clean boot that will help to run the less number of needed programs, you must perform the clean boot to fix the error.
- Initially, you must press Windows + R keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog
- Then, enter msconfig and then tap on the OK button to launch the System Configuration window.
- Now you must move to the Services tab and then check to Hide all Microsoft Services and then tap on Disable all.
- Next, choose the Startup tab and then choose Open Task Manager.
- In the Startup tab on the Task Manager, on each startup time, you must choose the item and then tap on Disabled.
- After that return to the System Configuration window and tap on OK
- Finally, select the Restart option to restart the computer.
If you are still facing the error then you must move to the System Configuration again and then Enable/ turn on the services and applications one by one until you find out the issue, once you enable the services the user must restart the computer to save and apply the changes.
Method #7: Reinstall Windows
If the above methods do not solve the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10 then you must reinstall the Windows, it helps to create a fresh environment and remove all the errors and issues during the installation.
Before going to reinstall Windows the user must back up and recover the data because it erases all the system data, so use Windows Data Recovery Software.
Method #8: Uninstall the Risky Third-party Software
Once you update and reinstall Windows 10 the user must uninstall the risky third-party software programs in order to run smoothly, these programs can also result in critical structure corruption.
Below we are providing the list of third-party programs you must uninstall to fix the error
- Virus Drive software
- Antivirus software
- Intel inbuilt applications for system management
- Automatic Driver Updaters
- GPU and CPU over-clocking applications
Method #9: Update All Device Drivers
One of the reasons for getting the Critical Structure Corruption on Windows 10 is the lack of update, you must update all the device drivers to fix the error.
Follow the below simple steps to update all device drivers
- Launch Settings by pressing the Windows + I keys on the keyboard.
- Then choose Update & Security.
- Now tap on Windows Update and then Check for updates.
- Next, select the View optional updates.
- After that navigate to the Driver Updates tab.
If you found any new updates are available then choose them and just tap on the Download and Install option to get the new updates that are automatically installed on the PC.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How Can I run the DISM?
Answer: Not only with SFC you can also Run the DISM to fix the error
- Open the Command Prompt and run as administrator
- Then in the command line enter the following commands
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. It takes some time to complete the scanning.
Finally, restart the computer.
- Question 2) What is Blue Screen of Death?
Answer: Blue Screen of Death is an error, it is also known as BSOD, while the computer boots up into the BSOD then you will notice the blue screen with a deadly system error, this meaning is the system is crashed and doesn’t boot as normal.
- Question 3) How can I Check the Critical Structure Corruption Error using New User Account?
Answer: In some situations, due to corrupted user profile will arise and lead to down the startup programs and also so many issues like BSOD errors, to avoid such types of issues, you can simply create a new user account and check whether it fixes the error or not.
Follow the below simple steps to create a new user account
- Move to Settings
- Then select Account and then tap on Select Other Accounts towards the left.
- Now choose to Add an Account
- You must enter the respective user name and then tap on Next.
- Next select Finish.
- You must sign out from the previous account and then log in with the newly created account
- Finally, check whether the error is fixed or not.
This article clearly discusses the reasons behind the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10 and briefly explains the best-fixing methods to fix the error, the methods are very simple and easily understandable by the user.
For people who are facing and searching for the solution to fix the Critical Structure Corruption Error in Windows 10, for that type people this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.