If you are always disturbed by your Internet or Wifi connection on your PC, then you may be facing the default gateway is not an available problem. The Default gateway is not the available problem is because of the internet connection problems that outbreak Windows 10. The “Default gateway is not available” means the Wifi or Internet connection is not working or lost.
If you get this message “The Default Gateway Is Not Available,” then you must restart the Windows PC and re-run this Troubleshooter. It occurs because of many reasons such as wrong IP address, ISP configuration settings, and problems with McAfee security collection, Corrupt or outdated drivers, incorrect network settings, incorrect router frequency, incorrect Power Management settings, and many more.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How to Fix This Problem (The Default Gateway Is Not Available)?
- 1.1 1: Uninstall McAfee Antivirus from your Computer:
- 1.2 2: Reset IP Address:
- 1.3 3: Update NAD (Network Adapter Driver)
- 1.4 4: Change the (Network Adapter’s Power Management) Setting
- 1.5 5: Try the Netshell Reset Command:
- 1.6 6: Confirm Power Saving Mode:
- 1.7 7: Temporarily Disabling Anti-Virus Software:
- 1.8 8: Reset The Internet Settings:
- 1.9 9: Disabling The Auto Login Feature:
- 1.10 10: Change The Frequency Of Wireless Router:
What is the Default Gateway?
A default gateway (DG) is a hardware tool that enables the communication between various networks. It permits tools within one network to transfer details to devices within other networks. In-home connection or small offices, the router or modem that will associate with the LAN connection to the Internet acts as a default gateway for all the network elements. In general, the default gateway attaches a local connection to the Internet.
You can search the default gateway with the help of IP, route, and Netstat orders in Linux systems. If the IP pack on various examples of the node doesn’t discover the appropriate collection of rules and methods to follow to send the packet to the destination address, then it will select the default gateway for the additional routing procedure.
- How to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled Boot Loop
- How to Uninstall Windows 11 Update
- Steps to Find my iPhone Login
- Why My iPhone Keeps Showing the Apple Logo and Turning Off
How to Fix This Problem (The Default Gateway Is Not Available)?
1: Uninstall McAfee Antivirus from your Computer:
According to various applicants, McAfee software solutions can sometimes block your internet connection. Therefore, if you have any McAfee software downloaded on your computer, the most important thing you need to do is uninstall the McAfee Antivirus to resolve the default gateway is not available on your windows.
- First of all, you need to mention the “Settings” in the Windows Find box. Then, choose the “Settings” option from the find outcomes.
- Afterward, select the “Apps” tab, which comes under Windows Settings.
- Now, mention the “McAfee” in the Find box and choose the McAfee software to delete.
- Then, you have to press the “Uninstall” tab.
- Again, select the “Uninstall” button to confirm that you wish to remove the McAfee software.
- After deleting the McAfee software, you need to close the Settings window and start your computer again.
2: Reset IP Address:
- First, press on the Windows+R key to start the window on your PC.
- Then, enter the “cmd” and press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter” to launch the Command Prompt window with directorial laws.
- In the “Command Prompt” window, you have to mention the commands one-by-one and then press on the “Enter” tab after each of them to perform them consecutively on your PC.
- Finally, turn off your Command Prompt window.
- Then, restart your PC. After restarting your PC, try to attach it to the network again.
3: Update NAD (Network Adapter Driver)
- First of all, open the “Run dialog box” by hitting on the Windows + R keys and then type the devmgmt.msc in it to launch the Device Manager.
- After opening the Device Manager window, increase the NAD and press on the right side of the Network Adapter, and then choose the “Properties” option.
- Now, go to the “Driver” option and hit on the “Update Network Adapter Driver” option.
- In the next window, press on the “Browse my PC for driver program” option and then choose the “Let Me Choose from a Collection of device Drivers on my PC” option.
- On the Network Adapter section and you have to uncheck the “Show compatible hardware” option.
- You need to choose the Network Adapter Driver and then press on the Next option.
- It will ask you to update the drivers or not. If yes, then press the “Yes” button to start the procedure.
4: Change the (Network Adapter’s Power Management) Setting
Altering the Network Adapter’s Power Management setting can also solve the default gateway is a not available issue on your PC. To change the settings, you need to follow the guidelines provided below.
- In the find box, you need to mention the “Device Manager” and then press on the first outcome.
- After getting the Device Manager screen, discover and press on the right side of the network adapter.
- Then select the “Properties” button, which is available on the menu option.
- In the Network Adapter’s Power Management tab, delete the checkmark from the “Permit the PC to Power Off this Device to Protect Power” option.
- Finally, press the “OK” button to save the changes.
- How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High Memory 2022
- Why Can’t I See My iPhone When I Plug it into My Computer
- Why Does Yourphone.exe Crash
5: Try the Netshell Reset Command:
To solve the default gateway that is not available TP-link problem, we change the TCP/IP settings by using the command prompt.
- Try the Command Prompt command to fix the “The Default Gateway Is Not Available” error.
- Then open the command Prompt option by hitting on the Windows + X keys.
- When it starts, and then mention the Netshint IP reset and then hit on the “Enter” button.
- When the process completes, then you need to close the Command Prompt and start your computer again.
6: Confirm Power Saving Mode:
- If you are using a Windows Computer or laptop, the Power mode option plays a necessary function.
- Typically, laptop applicants use wifi, and if you are performing the same, but acquiring the error message, you have to check various settings associated with Power Saving Mode.
- To remove this error, you have to open the Control Panel option and then go to Hardware and Sound tab. After that, you need to press the “Power” button.
- Then, press on the “Reset Plan Settings” option of the particular plan.
- Next, press on the “Reset Improved Power Settings” tab.
- Ensure the Maximum Display option is selected.
7: Temporarily Disabling Anti-Virus Software:
Most of the time the Anti-Virus applications are the one that interferes with internet connections and network issues. Your PC shows the default gateway is a not available message in windows 7, 8, 9, and also in windows 10 because of the internet connections.
But we cannot confirm that this is causing the trouble so firstly we need to check whether the anti-virus applications are causing the issues or not.
To check this, follow the below-mentioned steps to temporarily disable the anti-virus applications
- Give a right-click on the taskbar and then click on task manager in it.
- Click on the mode details button in the task manager, if it is opened in compact mode.
- At the top of the window, by using the header menu window change to the start-up tab.
- Now to disable the application, you can see disable option at the bottom-right of your window.
- After completing this process, now restart the computer to check if the network connection is working or not.
8: Reset The Internet Settings:
For some internet connections, Wi-Fi creates some problems if it is not connected properly then the default gateway is not available windows 9 or windows 10 problem arises.
By following these steps, this problem can be solved.
- Go for the settings, check for network caption, and right-click on it.
- In that select open network internet settings and then click on the change your network settings option.
- Now in the menu option go for the change adapter settings and it will show you the ethernet settings.
- In that, you can see disable and enable, click on disable, and wait for form sometime.
- after some time, click on enable the option and check your network connections.
9: Disabling The Auto Login Feature:
The Autologin is the new feature that was added to windows because of this auto-login feature the default gateway is not available in windows 10 repeatedly problem arises.
To solve this issue make sure to keep the password every time you log in so that it boosts the computer and no network issues arise.
By keeping the password, the PC would not log in automatically unless you give the password to the login.
10: Change The Frequency Of Wireless Router:
Newly updated routers support up to 5GHZ frequency but your current adapter will not support up to that frequency.
To change the currently using adapter frequency to 2.4 GHz from 5GHZ .by changing this so many people reported that their network issues have been solved.
By changing the frequency of the wireless router, then appearing default gateway is not available in windows message repeatedly problem can be solved.
- How to Fix Service Host Sysmain High Disk on Reddit
- Force Quit Not Working on Mac
- There Was a Temporary Problem Completing Your Request An Unknown Error Occurred (-50)
Many issues are occurring with the Internet, and the default gateway is not available error is among them. McAfee’s product or outdated network adapter drivers are the reasons to cause this error. These are the 10 methods that are very helpful for you to reduce the default gateway not available in windows 10 problem in your PC. All the steps are mentioned carefully do follow them to reduce the internet connection problems related to a gateway in windows 10.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.