If you are always disturbed by your Internet or Wifi connection on your PC, then you may be facing the default gateway is not an available problem. The Default gateway is not the available problem is because of the internet connection problems that outbreak Windows 10. The “Default gateway is not available” means the Wifi or Internet connection is not working or lost.
If you get this message “The Default Gateway Is Not Available,” then you must restart the Windows PC and re-run this Troubleshooter. It occurs because of many reasons such as wrong IP address, ISP configuration settings, and problems with McAfee security collection, Corrupt or outdated drivers, incorrect network settings, incorrect router frequency, incorrect Power Management settings, and many more.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How to Fix This Problem (The Default Gateway Is Not Available)?
What is the Default Gateway?
A default gateway (DG) is a hardware tool that enables communication between various networks. It permits tools within one network to transfer details to devices within other networks. In-home connection or small offices, the router or modem that will associate with the LAN connection to the Internet acts as a default gateway for all the network elements. In general, the default gateway attaches a local connection to the Internet.
You can search the default gateway with the help of IP, route, and Netstat orders in Linux systems. If the IP pack on various examples of the node doesn’t discover the appropriate collection of rules and methods to follow to send the packet to the destination address, then it will select the default gateway for the additional routing procedure.
How to Fix This Problem (The Default Gateway Is Not Available)?
1: Uninstall McAfee Antivirus from your Computer:
According to various applicants, McAfee software solutions can sometimes block your internet connection. Therefore, if you have any McAfee software downloaded on your computer, the most important thing you need to do is uninstalling the McAfee Antivirus to resolves the default gateway is not available on your windows.
- First of all, you need to mention the “Settings” in the Windows Find box. Then, choose the “Settings” option from the find outcomes.
- Afterward, select the “Apps” tab, which comes under Windows Settings.
- Now, mention the “McAfee” in the Find box and choose the McAfee software to delete.
- Then, you have to press on the “Uninstall” tab.
- Again, select the “Uninstall” button to confirm that you wish to remove the McAfee software.
- After deleting the McAfee software, you need to close the Settings window and start your computer again.
2: Reset IP Address:
- First, press on the Windows+R key to start the window on your PC.
- Then, enter the “cmd” and press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter” to launch the Command Prompt window with directorial laws.
- In the “Command Prompt” window, you have to mention the commands one-by-one and then press on the “Enter” tab after each of them to perform them consecutively on your PC.
- Finally, turn off your Command Prompt window.
- Then, restart your PC. After restarting your PC, try to attach it to the network again.
3: Update NAD (Network Adapter Driver)
- First of all, open the “Run dialog box” by hitting on the Windows + R keys and then type the devmgmt.msc in it to launch the Device Manager.
- After opening the Device Manager window, increase the NAD and press on the right side of the Network Adapter and then choose the “Properties” option.
- Now, go to the “Driver” option and hit on the “Update Network Adapter Driver” option.
- In the next window, press on “Browse my PC for driver program” option and then choose the “Let Me Choose from a Collection of device Drivers on my PC” option.
- On the Network Adapter section and you have to uncheck the “Show compatible hardware” option.
- You need to choose the Network Adapter Driver and then press on the Next option.
- It will ask you to update the drivers or not. If yes, then press on the “Yes” button to start the procedure.
4: Change the (Network Adapter’s Power Management) Setting
Altering the Network Adapter’s Power Management setting can also solve the default gateway is a not available issue on your PC. To change the settings, you need to follow the guidelines provided below.
- In the find box, you need to mention the “Device Manager” and then press on the first outcome.
- After getting the Device Manager screen, discover and press on the right side of the network adapter.
- Then select the “Properties” button, which is available on the menu option.
- In the Network Adapter’s Power Management tab, delete the checkmark from “Permit the PC to Power Off this Device to Protect Power” option.
- Finally, press on the “OK” button to save the changes.
5: Try the Netshell Reset Command:
- Try the Command Prompt command to fix “The Default Gateway Is Not Available” error.
- Then open the command Prompt option by hitting on the Windows + X keys.
- When it starts, and then mention the Netshint IP reset and then hit on the “Enter” button.
- When the process completes, then you need to close the Command Prompt and start your computer again.
6: Confirm Power Saving Mode:
- If you are using a Windows Computer or laptop, the Power mode option plays a necessary function.
- Typically, laptop applicants use wifi, and if you are performing the same, but acquiring the error message, you have to check various settings associated with Power Saving Mode.
- To remove this error, you have to open the Control Panel option and then go to Hardware and Sound tab. After that, you need to press on the “Power” button.
- Then, press on the “Reset Plan Settings” option of the particular plan.
- Next, press on the “Reset Improved Power Settings” tab.
- Ensure the Maximum Display option is selected.
Many issues are occurring with the Internet, and the default gateway is not the available error is among them. The McAfee’s product or outdated network adapter drivers are the reasons to cause this error. You need to follow the above-provided methods to fix the “Default Gateway Is Not Available” Error.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com