Very warm welcome geeks…!! I hope you are all doing well. So today I am going to discuss an interesting issue that is faced by so many Apple users. Have you guys ever faced a message like a device could not be synced or the sync session failed to start an issue in your device? Well, if you are facing this issue then this article will help you to fix this issue in your device. Now let us see some of the possible reasons behind getting this issue on your device.
The device couldn’t be synced or the sync session failed to start is a common error on iPhone 12 and other versions.
Content Include on This Article
Reasons For Getting Sync Session Failed To Start Issue:
Yes, this problem mostly arises in your iTunes. So let us see some reasons.
- Sometimes background applications in your device might also cause this issue.
- If you guys are using outdated software then you will encounter this message.
- This message will be displayed when you are trying to sync your iPhone to iTunes if you are having corrupted files.
- Most of the time your device will be having Apple music which might cause this issue.
- Finally, your USB port or charging port damage might also cause this message.
So these are the reasons behind the Sync Session failing to start or Finish the iTunes.
- How to Test the Microphone on Mac
- Fix Album Artwork on iTunes
- How to Reset Disabled iPad
- Fix the Software for the iPhone was Corrupted During Download Disconnect and Reconnect
Methods To Fix Sync Session Failed To Start Issue in Your Device:
Here in this article, I am going to provide you with the best possible methods which help you to fix this error message on your device. Do follow every method carefully along with the steps and easily fix the iPhone Sync Session failed to start issue for 2022.
The sync session is failed to start is also found in Finder with the help of these methods you can fix this also.
#1. Force Restart Your Device:
Well, the first method that you need to do when you encountered this message is to force restart your device. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first is to make sure to press the volume up button and power button simultaneously.
- Otherwise, you can press the power button and home buttons simultaneously.
- Now, wait for around 10-15 seconds by holding the buttons.
- Once you have seen the Apple logo on your screen then leave the buttons.
#2. Close All Background Apps:
Sometimes running some applications in the background might cause this issue. So make sure to close every app.
- Firstly, go to the home screen by clicking the home button at the bottom.
- Now you can swipe or can press the home button twice to see the background apps.
- Finally, remove all the apps that you can see on your screen.
#3. Restart iTunes:
As the main problem lies in iTunes so make sure to restart iTunes. To do that on any of your devices make sure to quit iTunes and then close your device.
After some time open your device and again open iTunes and see for the error message.
#4. Delete The Old Backups:
Well, if you guys are looking to delete the old backups in your device then do follow the below steps carefully.
- Firstly, open iTunes on your Mac device and then go to file and click on the preferences option.
- Now you can see a prompt so make sure to click on the delete backup option.
- In the device preferences option click on the reset sync history option and click on ok.
#5. Update iTunes:
As previously mentioned, the problem lies in iTunes so make sure to update your iTunes. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- First thing is to open the iTunes app and click on the help option.
- Then make sure to click on the check for updates option.
- If you have any new updates then make sure to update them.
- Once the process is completed make sure to restart the device.
#6. Check Your Cables And Ports:
Sometimes your damaged cables or not working ports might also cause this issue. So, make sure to connect a USB cable and check whether it is working or not.
In addition to this make sure to clean your ports and cables as there might be any dust and debris in the ports. Well, make sure to use an anti-static brush or using a Q-tip to clean the ports.
- How to Fix Discord Not Connecting Issue
- Fix Roku Stick Remote Not Working
- How to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation iOS 14/15
- Solve iPad Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
#7. Reinstall iTunes:
Sometimes your iTunes might be corrupted so make sure to uninstall the application on your computer and then reinstall it again. But before that make sure to backup all your data.
- The first step is to open the run box and type %programfiles% and click on ok.
- Now make sure to delete iTunes, iPod folders on the window.
- Then make sure to open the Commons files and then delete mobile device support, apple application, core FP.
- After that again open the run box and type c:\program Files (*86) and do follow the above step.
- Once the uninstallation process is completed then make sure to reinstall the iTunes on your device.
#8. Restore Your Device In DFU Mode:
Well, if you guys are facing this issue and want to restore your device in DFU mode then do follow the below steps carefully.
- Firstly, download the latest version of iTunes on your device and make sure to connect using a lightning cable.
- Once you connect your iPhone to it then it detects your device and makes sure to turn off the device.
- Then you can see the iTunes symbol on your iPhone screen and enter into recovery mode.
- Once the process is completed then make sure to restart your iPhone and check for the issue.
#9. Reinstall macOS:
Well, if you guys are looking to reinstall your MacOS then make sure to follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is shut down your device by pressing the command and R keys.
- Now you can see macOS utilities and make sure to click on the reinstall macOS option.
- Now, wait for some time until the installation is completed and check for the issue.
#10. Disable Apple Music:
As previously mentioned in the reasons Apple music might cause some issues. So, make sure to disable the Apple music.
- The first step you need to do is click on general and click on apps and then Apple music.
- After that make sure to click on disable app option in that tab.
- On your PC or Mac make sure to click on general and uncheck the show apple music option.
#11. Update Drivers:
Well, if you guys are facing a sync session failed to start issue then make sure to update your drivers. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is open the run box and type devmgmt. Msc and click on ok.
- Now make sure to choose your iOS device and give a right-click and select the Update driver option.
- Once the updating of the drivers is completed then try to check the issue.
#12. Factory Reset Your Device:
Do follow the below steps carefully if you are looking to factory reset your device.
- Firstly, open the settings tab and click on the general option.
- In the general option make sure to click on the reset option.
- Now make sure to click on erase all contents and settings option.
- Then your iPhone starts to restart and then make sure to click on set up a new iPhone option.
#13. Sync Wirelessly:
As the main problem is sync session failed the make sure to sync wirelessly. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to open iTunes and select a summary option and then go to options.
- In the options, tab makes sure to click on sync with this iPhone over the Wi-Fi option and click on apply.
- Once this process is done you can see the error fixed in your device.
#14. Use Third-Party Tool:
Well, if none of the above methods are working for you then use TunesCare pro to fix this issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to install the TunesCare pro on your device and connect your device using a USB cable.
- Once your device is connected make sure to click on the fix iTunes sync problems option.
- After that, the third-party tool will automatically fix the issue.
- Once the entire process is completed make sure to check for the sync issue.
#15. Update Software:
As previously mentioned in the reasons that using outdated software might cause this issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is going to the settings app and clicking on the general option.
- In the general option make sure to click on about and then click on software update.
- If you are having any new updates then make sure to update it to the latest version.
#16. Contact Apple:
Finally, if none of the above methods are not working for you then the last thing you could do is to contact the Apple support team. Make sure to explain your problem and they will provide you with the best solution.
- How to Fix Cydia impactor Not Working for 2022
- How to Turn on Hey Google
- How to Fix Software Reporter Tool Has Stopped Working
- How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN In Android Phone
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Why does the iPhone sync session fail to start?
As mentioned, some background running apps might cause the sync session to fail to start an issue in your iPhone.
- Is there any other third-party tool to fix this issue?
Yes, another best third-party tool to fix this sync issue is using the iOS data manager.
- What is the main reason behind getting this sync session failed to start the issue?
Well, having outdated software and drivers, corrupt iTunes might cause this issue in your device.
Finally, I can conclude that if you guys are looking for how to fix the device that could not be synced or the sync session failed to start the issue then this article is the right choice for you. In this article, I gave you the best 16 methods which help you to fix this issue. I hope this article will help you in a great way. Thanks for reading this article.
If you guys have any questions and doubts then you can share them with us in the comment section. Well, if you found this article useful then do share this article with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.