If you are facing DNS server not responding” or “your computer appears to be correctly configured, then Fix DNS Server Unavailable” Error.
Technical glitches are something that always let a user feel irritated. When they are dealing with a browser, and it is not able to establish the internet connection the “DNS server not responding” or “your computer appears to be correctly configured” is something which they do not like.
At that moment they look forward to suggestions to fix this DNS Server is not responding issue. Multiple factors are there which contribute to the same. But luckily the problem can be resolved within a few minutes and with simple steps. If you wish to fix the problem then here we will be going to discuss it so that next time when the same problem will arise and you have a solution in your hands. Let’s read more to Fix DNS Server Unavailable Error.
- Why Critical Process Died Can’t Boot
- Reasons Behind The iPad Sound Not Working on Games
- How to Disable Windows Modules Installer Worker
- How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription on iPhone
Content Include on This Article
What is the main reason for DNS error?
DNS errors are common errors that arise when a person is not able to connect to an IP address. It clearly indicates that you might have lost your internet connection or the particular portal is not working. Basically, the DNS translates the web domain name into the IP address and vice versa. DNS stands for domain name system. Additionally, it also indicates that there is something that is not working properly. Internet problems are the major ones, and you will be able to fix them as well.
All you need to do is just look for the solution that will help you to fix them. If you have no idea how to fix them, then this read will be going to bring out the same for you.
Solutions to fix DNS server issue:
Troubleshooting is one of the common methods which a user can adapt when they wish to fix the DNS Server is not responding issue. This is the root cause for the same. Just troubleshoot your system and check out whether it is fixed or not. If it is not fixed still then, you need to look for some other methods available out there.
Too much protection for your system may also be a reason for trouble for you. In case you have activated antivirus then also the activity may interfere. It is a suggestion to remove the antivirus. You can deactivate them and then try whether the server is responding towards the same or not. Make sure that you are looking forward to deactivating it so that you can activate it next time as well.
Perform Malware scan:
There might be a chance that the virus may be blocking internet access. At that moment, performing the Malware scan will help you to fix the issue. Just run it and check out whether the problem has been resolved or not.
Restart the router:
There might be charges the problem is arising due to some network issues. It is a suggestion to restart your router first of connection problems usually contribute to DNS server unavailability, and you can easily fix it by restarting it. All you need to do is just switch off the router for a while and wait for a minute. After it just restarts again and checks out whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Clear the local DNS cache:
Clear the local DNS cache in the Windows-based operating system. For the same, you just need to open the command prompt in your computer and enter “ipconfig/flushdns”. Corporate you are supposed to clear cookies and history to solve the problem. If the error is due to any connectivity issue for the DNS setting of the internet, then it will get fixed, or you can also connect the ISP and verify the details.
Check DNS configuration in your Web Server:
It is important for you to check out the DNS configuration in your web server as well for sometimes a server of DNS may be the reason for certain issues. It happens due to recently hosted on the migrated website. At that moment you need to check out the configuration. If you are using the custom name server, then the error will not be going to belong to the server and, but if you are using a child or private nameserver, then there is a possibility for such errors. You need to check it out and fix the problem.
Check the site:
If you feel that the particular problem is arising on a particular side, then you need to check out the site. At that moment you can easily reach a conclusion whether the problem is arising due to your system or there is any problem in the site itself. To check out the same, you can choose any of the sites. Multiple options are there which you can consider. If there is any response, then the site is live, and if you can’t access it, then the problem is true with your DNS.
Select another DNS server:
There might be a chance that the DNS server you are using may contribute too much problem. At that moment you are supposed to change the DNS server. The DNS server address of the internet provider can be automatically used, but due to overloading, it may create trouble. At that moment you can replace it. Use a public DNS server and look at whether the problem has been solved or not.
- How to Free Up Space on iPhone using iCloud
- Why iPad Charging Symbol When Dead
- How to Fix Unidentified Network on Windows 7
Changing The DNS Server Via Router:
Well, if you guys want to change your DNS server via Router then you can simply follow the below steps carefully to achieve this.
- The first step you need to do is to log in to the IP address of your router in the chrome browser.
- Now log in to your TP-link and then a screen appears showing you the TP-link and make sure to click on the Network option>WAN.
- After that, you can see two options primary DNS and secondary DNS make sure to change the primary DNS to 18.104.22.168 and click on the save option.
Changing The DNS Server On Windows:
Well, if you want to change your DNS server on windows then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The first you need to do is to go to the start option and search for the control panel and make sure to click on the option.
- After that click on the network and sharing center on the left side of the control panel and then click on the change adapter settings.
- Now go to the ethernet option in the screen and give a right click and hit on properties and then go to the TCP/Pv4 option.
- In the TCP/Pv4 option go to the preferred DNS server and type the DNS address as 22.214.171.124 and then click on ok.
Changing The DNS Server Using PowerShell:
If you are looking to change your DNS server by using PowerShell then you can just follow the step mentioned here.
- The first step that you need to do is to right-click on the PowerShell and then click on run as administrator.
- Now in the PowerShell type the command Get-NetAdapter and then click on enter now you can see your ethernet connections.
- In the PowerShell type get-net configuration command to see which DNS server you are using currently.
- Now type the command Set-DNSClientServerAddress to change the DNS server 192.168.0.100 and click on enter. Now you can see the changed DNS server.
Changing The DNS Server Using Command Prompt:
Well, follow the below steps carefully if you want to change the DNS server by using the command prompt.
- The first step is to open the command prompt and run it as an administrator as shown below.
- Now type the command Netsh Interface IP set DNS “Local Area Connection” Static and then give the DNS server address and click on enter.
- Again type the same command Netsh Interface IP add DNS “Local Area Connection” index=2 and type the DNS address and click on enter.
- Finally, you can see the changed DNS in the network>properites>TCP/Pv4.
Flush your DNS:
Flushing DNS will be the most effective method to consider for window users. You can use it with the help of a command prompt.
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key and R key.
- Type CMD into the field.
- Now press the enter key.
- Now type ipconfig/flush DNS and press the enter key.
How To Avoid DNS Issues?
Well, we cannot eliminate these DNS issues completely but we can reduce them by following some precautions as mentioned below.
- Always keep the infrastructure of the monitor healthy and also securely without any malware or virus.
- Make sure to keep updating your software, drivers as well as devices.
- Always use network diagnostics for this type of thing as speed tests.
- How to Fix Unexpected Store Exception on Windows 10 HP
- Why Windows Unable to Format SD card CMD
- Why External Hard Drive Not Showing in My Computer
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Why is my server unavailable?
Answer: The root of such irritating messages can often be traced back to the server outage. In such cases, the DNS server is temporarily unavailable.
- Question 2) What is a DNS server?
Answer: DNS servers translate domain names into IP addresses, making it possible for DNS clients to reach the origin server.
- Question 3) What is DNS failure?
Answer: The inability of a DNS server to convert a domain name to an IP address in a TCP/IP network. A DNS failure may occur within a company’s private network or within the Internet.
These are the main fat a user can consider whenever they wish to fix the DNS server unavailable issue. Make sure you are choosing the right method. In case a single method is not working in your favor then you can look for some other available. We have mentioned numerous options so there will be no need for you to worry about it at all. I think this article is good enough to fix DNS Server Unavailable Error. If you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com