If you are searching for the solution to the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, then you are in the right place to Fix the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on your web browsers with the different methods which I am going to provide below.
Hai friends, recently I wrote an article on How to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Error, after that, I have thought of giving solutions to the Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Different browsers on different devices. If you are the one who is facing this issue, then you can easily fix it after reading all the methods which I am going to give you below. This error is also occurring due to DNS-related problems. Actually, the last time when I wrote an article related to the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet, I gave all the details about what DNS is and are reasons behind the DNS-related errors, Don’t worry about how to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED-NXDOMAIN on android phone, you can try this for various devices.
- Note: Actually, this error mostly occurs when the web browser restricts the web page to get access. This error is mainly related to the domain which means the Url of that site. As I said earlier this error is related to the DNS which means Domain Name System.
I think you will get this error also at least once while using the internet connection. Most of the DNS-related errors occur when loading issues occur. So mostly you will face browser errors due to the slow internet connections and sometimes you may get the errors because of software issues. Don’t about all those errors because these errors are very common problems while using the internet. Let’s read more to know the methods to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error.
Content Include on This Article
What is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN?
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error when there are misconfiguration and problems with the DNS. Actually, DNS works as a mediator between web servers and domain names. DNS helps you drive direct traffic on the internet by connecting the domain names with the actual web servers. Actually, you can search the web pages in two ways one is by entering the domain or Url name and the second one is simply by entering the IP Address of that particular domain.
Domain Name: https://omgeeky.com
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
Check once by entering the above domain name and web address on your browser. Finally, you will navigate to the same page. So this means actually, any web servers work on two sources like omgeeky.com domain is a human-friendly request translates it into a computer-friendly server IP address – like 184.108.40.206. This error occurs on different web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc…
- How to Fix Discord Stuck On Checking For Updates
- Fix Onn Roku TV Remote Not Working
- How to Fix iMessage Activation Error with Phone Number
- How Long Should Updating iCloud Settings can Take
DNS Error Messages on Different Browsers:
Actually, this error may vary on different browsers, you can’t get the same error message all the time, this error message may change on different browsers. Depending upon the browser that you are using error message comes like the below.
- Note: Here in the images I am not going to disclose the Url which I use while getting these error messages. Because that domain is my personal branded domain. Thank’s for understanding.
When it comes to Google Chrome you will get the error message like DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. You will get the full error message like the one below
This site can’t be reached
domain.com’s server IP address could not be found
You will get Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site. We can’t connect to the server at omgeeky.com error message in the Firefox browser.
You will get Hmmm…can’t reach this page error message in the Microsoft Edge browser. But they give some suggestions just below the error message.
You will get Safari Can’t Find the Server Error message in the Safari Browser on the Apple Laptop’s
- How to Remove Google Chrome Software Reporter Tool Using High CPU
- Solve Cydia Impactor Not Detecting on iPhone
- My Google Assistant Is Not Working, How to Fix?
- Solve the Sync Session Failed To Start Finder
Methods to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN:
Here in this article, I am going to show you different methods to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors on Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on Windows or Mac PC/Laptop or Computers.
Method 1:Restart DNS Client Service
These errors mainly occur due to DNS-related issues, so we have to fix all the settings related to the DNS. I think DNS Client service is only available on Windows, so if you are a Windows user, then you can try restarting DNS Client Services to resolve or Cache DNS domain names.
- First of all Click on the Windows icon on your Windows which is at the bottom left corner.
- Now type Run and Click on Run to open the Run Command.
- Run command pop-up will appear, their type services.msc and click on OK.
- Here when you click on OK, you will navigate to the Services section, where you can see different services icons, and search for the DNS Client.
- If you find DNS Client, then right-click on it and Tap on the Restart option.
Some of the people may face problems with the Restart option like restart option greyed out where you don’t have a chance to Click on it, then there is an alternative method is for you people.
- First of all Click on the Windows icon which is at the bottom left corner, there type cmd and click on the cmd to open the command prompt, or right-click on the cmd and open it like Run as administrator.
- Now on the cmd command prompt type the below commands to restart the DNS Client service.
net stop dnscache
net start dnscache
I think some of the windows users may face the error pop-up like the below message, that too depends upon the Windows version which you are using. It will be the solution for the issue if it fails to follow the next method for solution.
Method 2:Clean the Cache by the Commands
As the system will observe all the sites that we watched. It contains all the cache or cookies that are unwanted to us. By clearing the cache from DNS will solve the problem of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE. You need to follow the below instructions to overcome the issue of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE.
- Tap on the start key by right-clicking on the mouse.
- Then tap on the run command option.
- There you can watch a new window where you need to enter
- “ipconfig/flushdns” on the new window.
- Tap on the enter key then all the cache will be flushed from the device.
This will be the next method to solve the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE.
Method 3:Remove and adopt a new IP Address
Not only cache there maybe some of the bad content that leads to DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE follow the below commands to delete such info from various sites.
To remove the Present IP address enter the following command to do so
To watch all the IP configuration of all the adaptors enter as follows
To adopt the new configurations settings
For resetting the new IP address and reinstating Winsock the catalog
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
If all the above tasks are done then you need to restart the system which will be the best solution for the issue of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE.
For macOS to remove and add a new IP address follow the instructions
- Enter into the setting of the system.
- And click on “Network & Internet and enter into an internet connection
- Select the “Advanced” option then
- Go to the IP/TCP and enter Renew DHCP lease
- Finally, tap on the OK option and restart the system.
This is how the process to renew the new IP address in MacOS.
Method 4:Check the files from the local Hosts
To make sure then search the local files domain names that are available in the computer maps. As you are searching the new site the DNS will search the site to load it. If it fails to do so then there is an error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE.
To make sure that there is any problem with local hosts
- Tap on the start key by right-clicking on the mouse.
- Then tap on the run command option.
- Tap on the “files” option and open it
- Filter all the files.
- Enter as follows “ %Systemroot%:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
- Tap on host twice to access.
- After hosting if it finds some problem with the IP address and domain name
- Remove them and add the new address of IP as mentioned in the above method.
This is one of the methods to DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE from the local files.
Method 5:Reset the flags of Chrome
If you are fed up with all these methods and still facing the same problem then there is a problem within the settings of Chrome then resetting those settings will be one of the solutions for the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE. For resetting follow the below instruction to reset the error.
Enter the below text in the address bar to get access to all the experimental features
- Chrome: // flags
- There you will get all the power to access the experimental features of chrome
- Then Reset all by clicking the right upper corner.
- Finally, close the browser and later open it
That will be the solution for the issue of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE
Note: while you are getting access to them all the experimental features be sure while modifying the features that will be if you modify the different apps then that may lead to new issues and will never access the internet be sure to use this method.
Method 6: Turn off the VPN and Antivirus
Some of the sites and apps will not be allowed when you are using the under VPN as required or they can be accessed when they are in use they need to know the location of the user. And some of the devices may cause harm to the devices then all those sites are not available when you enable the antivirus for the safety of the device. Follow the below instructions
- 1st of all you need to turn off the usage of the VPN.
- Later check to access the internet that you did before.
- If the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE did not appear then the problem solved
- If it again appears then turn off the antivirus.
- Or uninstall the app that contains the antivirus
- And then try to access again or else.
- Restart the system and access the site that you need.
Maximum that will be the solution for the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE.
Method 7: Make sure that the connection to the internet is good
If all the above methods fail then there may be a problem with the internet connection then you need to contact the provider of the internet and will solve the issue. Make sure that problem is in your connection itself. As follows
- Remove the plug from the socket of the system.
- Leave the system for a 40-sec minimum
- Later place the plug into the socket.
- And restart the system and check the issue is solved.
If yes enjoy or else no then you need to contact the internet provider maybe there is a problem with him to provide internet.
Method 8: Change the DNS Servers
For changing the DNS servers, the user must follow the below simple steps carefully.
- On Windows, move to the Control Panel.
- Then select Network and Sharing Center.
- Now tap on the Change adapter settings option.
- Next right-click on the preferred connection and select Properties.
- After that select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and hold down the Properties button.
- Then tap on the Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the below numbers
- Preferred DNS Server. 220.127.116.11 for IPv4 or for IPv6 2001:4860:4860::8888
- Alternate DNS Server. 18.104.22.168 for IPv4 or for IPv6 2001:4860:4860::8844
- After entering the numbers, tap on the OK button to save the changes.
- Restart the browser and check whether the issue is solved or not.
- How to Fix Headset Microphone Not Working on Mac
- Fix iTunes Album Artwork Not Showing on Windows 10
- How To Connect Disabled iPad to iTunes
- Fix iTunes Error 14
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: List out the free DNS Hosting Providers?
Answer: The best free DNS Hosting Providers are
- Hurricane Electric Internet Services.
Question 2: What do you mean by IP 0.0.0.0?
Answer: Basically the IP address 0.0.0.0 is a non-routable meta-address that is used to select an invalid, unknown or non-applicable target, this is allocated to particular meanings in a number of contexts namely for clients or on servers.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMINE is the major error that occurs for various reasons and each version has its own reasons and all the reasons contain their own methods to solve the issue. So be patient until the solution or else check in my site for such issues. Not only this issue I have will provide all the solutions for all the issues related to all types of devices such as windows, iOS, and Android. The only thing you need to do is just drop your query in the comment box and I will surely provide the solution for any issue.
Thank you, geeks, for visiting my site thought your issue got solved by the methods as I mentioned above all those are methods explained not just words those are real experiences in many cases. Hope you solved the issue see you soon geeks in the next content bye.
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply