If you are facing Err_Cache_Miss Error on Google Chrome, then read more to know How to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error on Google Chrome. Whatever the methods which are I am providing is working well on end, try on your end, you will get good results.
If you are a Windows user and if you are using Google Chrome browser on your Windows PC/Laptop, then you will definitely face Err_Cache_Miss Error at any time throughout your life. When you face Err_Cache_Miss Error on Google Chrome, then you will not be allowed to that website. When you don’t know the solution, then you can’t do anything with the Err_Cache_Miss Error on the Google Web page, you simply have to do is skip and switch to the other website.
- Note: I think Err_Cache_Miss Error on Google Chrome will occur mainly due to the Cache problems of your Google Chrome Browser. You can simply fix that error by deleting the Cache.
Most of the time you will get this error due to the caching problems on the Google Chrome browser. Almost all browsers use the Cache to load the webpages, images, and files on Google Chrome. So when the cache is crashed or misbehaves on Google Chrome, then you will definitely face the error err_cache_miss on Google Chrome. Ok, let’s read more to know How to Fix the err_cache_miss Error of Google Chrome on Windows PC/Laptop.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error Code on Google Chrome:
- 2 How to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error on Google Chrome Browser:
- 2.1 1. Clear the Browser Data of the Browser:
- 2.2 2. Reset the Network using the Command Window:
- 2.3 3. Reload the Page which you are trying to visit:
- 2.4 4. Disable Cache in the Web Browser:
- 2.5 5. Disable one or more Extensions in the Web Browser:
- 2.6 6. Reset Settings in the Web Browser:
- 2.7 7. Use the DevTools:
- 2.8 8. Restart and update The Browser (Google Chrome):
- 2.9 9. Run The Internet Connections Troubleshooter:
- 2.10 10. Reset IP And DNS To Default:
- 2.11 11. Reinstall The Chrome Browser:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions?
Reasons For Err_Cache_Miss Error:
- Crashing Browser Cache.
- When Cache misbehaving.
- Inactive internet connection.
- Older version of Google Chrome.
- When Cache is overused for a particular website.
- Clearing the Cache of the website while you are trying to visit that website.
- When the Coding of the site is improper.
- When the browser has some bugs.
- The browser fails to obtain cache files from the website.
- How to Fix Service Host Windows Update High CPU Usage
- Windows Cannot Automatically Detect This Network’s Settings on Windows 7
- How to Fix Error Code 279 on Mobile
- Fix Unknown USB Device Descriptor Request Failed on Windows 10
Methods to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error Code on Google Chrome:
Most of the time you can fix that error by simply clearing the Cache on your Google Chrome Browser, if that method is not working on your end, then follow the below methods to Fix Google Chrome Error Code Error Cache Miss.
- Clear the Browsing Data of the Browser.
- Reset the Network using the Command Window.
- Reload the Page which you are trying to visit.
- Disable Cache in the Web Browser.
- Disable one or more Extensions in the Web Browser.
- Reset Setting in the Web Browser.
- Use the DevTools.
- Restart and update the browser.
- Reinstall chrome browser.
- set DNS and IP automatically.
How to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error on Google Chrome Browser:
Follow the below methods to Fix Google Chrome errors which will pop up sometimes due to many reasons. Most of the time you will get these errors because of the slow internet connection or some other cache problems.
1. Clear the Browser Data of the Browser:
As I said earlier Err_Cache_Miss Error will appear on the Google Chrome web page due to the cache problems. This error causes because of us, which means many times when we go through many websites, we download some files and images, but suddenly we cancel the progress, in such cases cause the accumulation of various corrupted files and cache in the browser which leads you to the Err_Cache_Miss Error on the Google Chrome Browser. The simple solution for this problem is by clearing the cache on Google Chrome. Follow the below steps to Clear Cache on Google Chrome Browser.
- Note: Most of the time clearing the Cache will the Google Chrome Error Err_Cache_Miss. The cache is the only reason for making the browser even slower than before which you can manage by cleaning them
- First of all open Google Chrome Browser and then navigate to the Menu (Vertical 3 dots which are at the top right corner)
- There you can see a different option, search for the More Tools option if you find it click on it.
- On the More Tools option you can see some other different options you can see them as a subcategory of the More Tools, on Click on Clear Browsing Data.
- If you don’t want to do all these steps then you can use the short key on your keyboard. Simply open the Google Chrome Browser and navigate to the keyword of your PC/Laptop and Click on Ctrl + Shift + Del keys at a time, then you will automatically navigate to the Clear Browser Data section.
- Finally, you are in the Clear Browsing Data, there Check Cookies and other sites and plugin data & Cached Images and Files option. You can also check whatever you want to clear from the cache and Finally set Time intervals when you want to clean the cache frequently and Finally Click on Clear Data.
2. Reset the Network using the Command Window:
Sometimes you will get this Err_Cache_Miss error due to Network issues. Actually, when you change Network settings many times on your PC/Laptop, that may lead to the suspect user category, then also that website will not allow you to enter in. By using the command prompt you can change the Network settings to the default to fix the issue. Follow the below steps to Reset the Network Settings using the Command Windows.
- First of all Click on Windows or Start Button on your PC/Laptop.
- Now type RUN on the search bar and click on the Run.
- Now you will get one command prompt, type cmd in the Run Window.
- Here Run the command window as an Administrator.
- After that type the following commands one by one in the window.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh Winsock reset
(If you are not getting what I am saying, simply type the first command in the cmd window, the process will start, after that type second command, every time after completion of the process, type the next command.)
- After typing the last command which I provided in the above process will complete, that Restart your Windows PC/Laptop.
- After restarting the Windows open Google Chrome and Check the ERR_CACHE_MISS Error is there or not.
Note: If there is any glitch on your Network Settings, then you will face this type of error on Google Chrome Browser.
- How to Get Stop Code IRQL Not Less Or Equal on Windows 10
- How to Fix System Interrupts on Windows 10
- Why is My Home Button Not Working on iPhone 7
3. Reload the Page which you are trying to visit:
Sometimes you don’t need to follow any methods, you can simply fix that error by reloading the page which you want to visit. Actually, you will get this error code in a format like “Confirm Resubmission“.
You will get the message on that page be like “This webpage requires data that you entered earlier to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action this page previously performed”. Reload this Webpage. This is the Message you will get on that error page, in that message itself they are suggesting we Reload the Webpage.
Most of the time you will get this error pop-up due to the slow internet connection which leads to the page not loading issues. Check the network and keep clicking on the F5 key on your keyboard to reload the page. This will allow you to load the web page and Fix the ERR_Cache_Miss Error.
4. Disable Cache in the Web Browser:
As I said earlier this error will appear all because of the Cache problems. So when we caching in the browser then that will be the solution for these errors, because no cache will be stored if you disable caching on Browser. So try these advanced settings in Google Chrome by disabling the cache option. This setting will prevent the ERR_CACHE_MISS error in your system. Follow the below steps to Disable Cache.
- First of all open Google Chrome Browser and then navigate to the Menu >> More Tools >> Developer Tools.
(You can directly navigate to the Developer Tools by pressing Press Ctrl + Shift + I followed by F1 key)
- If you are not getting what I am saying, then simply open Google Chrome Browser right-click on the web page, and Select Inspect option.
- Now open the Dev Tools option after that click on the Network option which looks like in the below image.
- On the Network option, you will see other options, there Check the Disable Cache option to Fix ERR_Cache_Miss Error.
5. Disable one or more Extensions in the Web Browser:
I think we all know that some plugins and some extensions may block some websites when we are trying to visit the URLs. If that is a cause that leads to the Err_Cache_Miss Error on your Google Chrome Browser, then you must have to disable extensions. Just follow the below steps to Disable Extensions on your Browser. One more thing to don’t forget here, that is, you don’t know which plugin is blocking you, so you have to disable one plugin after one and check the webpage whether it is opening or not by loading the page.
- First of all open Google Chrome Browser and then navigate to the Menu >> More Tools >> Extensions.
- On the Extensions, you will see different extensions which you are using.
- Disable the Ad blocking Extensions.
- If not solving, then disable extensions one by one, after every disabling reload the page to check whether it is opening or not.
- If that is also not working, then Disable all the extensions on the Google Chrome Browser and the ERR_CACHE_MISS issue will be solved definitely.
6. Reset Settings in the Web Browser:
This method is like resetting the network settings to default type, likewise, you have to reset the browser settings to the default. Sometimes changing the browser settings too many times will lead your browser to pop up with these types of errors. So Simply follow the below steps to Reset the Google Chrome Browser Settings to Default.
- First of all open Google Chrome Browser Navigate to the Menu (Vertical 3 dots which is at the top right corner).
- After that navigate to the Settings option, on the Settings option scroll down the page and navigate to the Advanced settings there Click on the Restore settings to their original defaults which are under the Reset and Clean up category.
- Confirm Reset by clicking on the Reset Settings option which is on the pop-up.
- Now restart the Google Chrome Browser and visit the website where you get the Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error and make sure whether the error is fixed or not.
7. Use the DevTools:
I think you can fix most of the Google Chrome errors on the DevTools. It can also be used to fix the ERR_CACHE_MISS error in Chrome by using the following steps:
- Open the Google Chrome Browser and then navigate to the Menu >> More Tools >> Dev Tools.
(Simply Press Ctrl+Shift+I keys together to open Settings to open DevTools directly)
- In that DevTools Window select the application from the list of available options.
- Now Click on Clear Storage and then select the applications which you want to clear out.
- Finally, Click on Clear Site Data and restart the browser.
I think most of the methods which I am giving above will definitely solve your error code Err_Cache_Miss. If you know any method which will fix Err_Cache_Miss Error, then share it with us. We will share with our users too.
8. Restart and update The Browser (Google Chrome):
If all the above methods are done still facing the same problem then restart the device that will solve the Err_Cache_Miss. If that to not solve the Err_Cache_Miss. Then follow the steps
- Uninstall the app Google Chrome from your device.
- Reinstall again the app Google Chrome and check is there any update available.
- If there is an update available then update it and
- Again check that the Err_Cache_Miss will not appear.
So this is one of the methods to clear the Err_Cache_Miss.
9. Run The Internet Connections Troubleshooter:
Well, if you geeks are facing this Err_Cache_Miss Error on google chrome then all you need to do is to run the troubleshooter option in the internet connections. Do follow the below step-by-step explanation carefully.
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the settings options by searching in the start menu.
- Now after opening the settings options, go to update and security options from all the available options.
- After that, you can see troubleshoot option at the left side of the update security tab make sure to click on that option.
- Now scroll down the bar and select the internet connections option and make sure to click on run the troubleshooter option and wait for the process.
- Once the troubleshooting process is completed then you can reboot the system and check whether the error is persisting or not.
10. Reset IP And DNS To Default:
Well, if you geeks are facing this Err_Cache_Miss Error on google chrome then all you need to do is to reset IP and DNS settings to default in windows. Do follow the below step-by-step explanation carefully.
- The first step that you all need to do is to go to the start option and search network and internet connections and click on it.
- Now select the ethernet option on the network connections option.
- After that give a right-click and select the Properties option.
- From the all-available options, you can see the Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) option make sure to click on that option.
- After that select the TCP/IPv4 option and click on the properties option and follow the below step.
- There you can see both IP address and DNS server to automatically option and click on ok.
Finally, check whether the error is persisting or not.
11. Reinstall The Chrome Browser:
If none of the above methods are not working properly for you then the last thing that you can do is to uninstall the Chrome browser and then again reinstall it, do follow the below steps carefully.
- Well, the first step that you need to do is to select google chrome and click on uninstall.
- To do that go to the programs and features option and check for google chrome and then click on uninstall to proceed.
- After successful uninstallation, go to the official page and then again install google chrome.
Once the installation process is completed then you can check whether the error is persisting or not.
- How to Fix Error Code 0xc1900101 on Windows 11
- Steps to Setup Chromecast
- How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset on Chrome
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1) Can I fix This site that can’t be reached in Google Chrome by following the above methods?
Answer: Yes, sometimes when you try the above methods that will automatically Fix This site can’t be reached in Google Chrome.
Question 2) Do I need to update my Google Chrome to avoid these errors?
Answer: That is an important part to avoid these errors. Sometimes an older version of Google Chrome will lead you to these types of errors.
Question 3) What about other Browser errors?
Answer: Soon I will write an article on that too.
That’s it friends, Whatever methods I am providing here will work definitely. Most of the time Loading the web page will solve the error code on Google Chrome Browser, If that does not work, then try other methods which I am providing in the above. If you get benefited from this article, then share this article on Social Media with your friends and family for those who are getting this error code.
This article mainly concludes you How to Fix the Err_Cache_Miss Error Code on Google Chrome. If you are facing any further errors after following the above methods, then share your query with us. I will try my level best to give you a better solution for your query.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.