If you are facing External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Issue on your windows PC/Laptop, then read more to know the methods to Fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Error.
Hello blog seekers. How are you all hope all doing well? Maybe you are quite slacking for the new topic. Then you are always correct today I am here to provide awareness about the external hard drives not showing in your system and how to fix it on your own with no confusion.
Yeah, now I will show you a correct definition for it and its characteristics and each and everything about the hard drive and life span of hard drive and how to use it and how to fix it when it is not showing. And what you are waiting for let’s get into the topic.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 What is Hard Drive?
- 0.2 Features of Hard Drive:
- 0.3 Vital Reasons to Use External Hard Drive:
- 0.4 The Lifespan of External Hard Drive?
- 0.5 Various reasons to hide hard drive in your system
- 1 How to Fix a Hard Drive When it is Not Shown Up?
- 1.1 First of all, you need to check whether the drive is working or not if yes then,
- 1.2 Clean the Drive Twice, If Not, Then the Drive Will Crash:
- 1.3 Need to Check the Files Present in the Drive are Supportive or Not:
- 1.4 Update the Drive to the Latest Version:
- 1.5 It’s Better to Remove the Drive and Check With the Other Alternative to Confirm that it is Working or Not:
- 1.6 If the date expires by the date given by the seller, then you are supposed to purchase the new one:
- 1.7 If all the Above Solutions Failed to Overcome then restart your system:
- 2 How to recover items Does that exist in the drive?
What is Hard Drive?
It is the additional device that stores data electro-mechanically to your PCs and windows. It always stores the data from the computer permanently all the pics, files, and latest software are stored on the hard drive. All the activities related to storage belong to a hard drive. It has various names hard disk drive, hard disk, fixed drive and etc. It may act as both an internal and external drive as per its usage.
Features of Hard Drive:
- Storage is the most important feature as it is large in space it can store much info such as pics, files, the software’s so mass data can be saved in that device.
- Privacy of your secret files or photos and ext. is the precious thing that available with the help of a hard drive.
- Accuracy is mandatory in hard drives that if you saved data in the drive then there will be no change in it.
- The performance of your system will always fast as the data moved to the alternative drive so all the tasks will be very faster.
- It helps us to save more time as it consumes less time to store data.
- The life span is for a long time then that be very helpful to the users.
Vital Reasons to Use External Hard Drive:
- As it contains a larger space that is 1TB u can store a huge amount of data in it.
- It can be used for all the devices such as Apple devices, android, and windows.
- It is smaller in size so it is easy to carry where ever it is required.
- Less expensive to purchase with many features for a longer duration of time.
- As the files moved to the drive system works too fast compared to before.
- Minimum knowledge is enough to operate or use it.
The Lifespan of External Hard Drive?
Coming to the lifespan with its usage of a hard drive. As per my experiences, the maximum of 1 hard drive will be in use for 5 years and the minimum it can be used for 3 years. And I suggest you check frequently that your data needs to be safe. But if you purchase a high standard drive then it lasts for a longer duration period. It’s better to buy a high standard drive such as Hitachi and etc. It is better to change the drive within the given time. Ok, before going to Fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Issue, read all about Hard Drive hiding in your system.
Various reasons to hide hard drive in your system
- The damaged USB or damage inside the drive will lead to hiding a drive in your system.
- Corrupted files present in the drive will not allow to access the drive-in system.
- If the drive is new then that will be hidden in the system so you need to search in the system.
- Different files with different formats also lead hide the drive.
- Unless you update the drive that will not be shown on the screen.
So these are the major factors of reasons that hide the hard drive in your system. No need to worry here are the various terms of sources to solve such a problem as follows;
How to Fix a Hard Drive When it is Not Shown Up?
The major users face the same problem frequently so here are some solutions to overcome in such situations. Why fear when I am here! Haha
First of all, you need to check whether the drive is working or not if yes then,
If the drive fails to work then that will be the reason then that will fails to read the drive so coming to that you are supposed to check the drive frequently. And if you are failed to save the drives then you are responsible for that situation. As the following steps.
- Coming to the process to check whether the drive works or not use the same hard drive with other systems. If yes, then there is no problem with the drive if no, then check the below step.
- Check the same drive one more system then even it doesn’t work then there is a problem with the drive.
- Be sure that the plug which you are using is in use or not to make sure that the port of USB is dead or not.
If the slot where the USB placed fails or dead then that will not work so it’s better to place the USB slot which you use frequently then that will resolve your problem. Change the port of USB to another. Maybe there is a problem with the slot of USB it doesn’t occur maximum if the port slot dead that will full fill the situation.
- Once the plug slot is placed check whether the slot is working or not.
- If still facing the same problem then try the next slot and
- Be sure that the system slots of the USB are not broken inside.
- Then use the new cable wire if broken inside.
Clean the Drive Twice, If Not, Then the Drive Will Crash:
If there is dust in the USB slot that will be the major problem done by you, that leads to the files crash in the hard drive. So clean all the system ones in a week. To protect your device not to face such problems.
- Clean the drive with the dry brush that will enable us to make sure that there is no problem with it.
- Check the drive after cleaning you may detect that in your device.
So daily cleaning of your system at least once a week is mandatory for not facing the same problem.
Need to Check the Files Present in the Drive are Supportive or Not:
- Click type disk management in the search box present on the home screen.
- Then after clicking the format then it takes some time.
- Once you are done with the task then the process of formatting will be done.
After the formatting did the files in it will be cleared after that you are supposed to recover all the files which are required.
Update the Drive to the Latest Version:
- Click on the right side of your mouse on the home screen.
- Then there comes some options then click on personalize or (manage) option.
- And go for device manager there comes various options
- Then click on disk drives and the right side of your mouse and there comes an update option.
- Then update the drive.
Here you can detect the drive on your screen
It’s Better to Remove the Drive and Check With the Other Alternative to Confirm that it is Working or Not:
As the drive fails to work then if there is any other alternative drive check whether it works if that is shown then there is a problem with the drive. So purchase the advanced drive from the well-renowned company. That leads you not to face such a problem again and again.
Then if that fulfills the reasons that will be the solution and detect the drive option on the screen. As of my experience
If the date expires by the date given by the seller, then you are supposed to purchase the new one:
Once you purchase the drive that will come with expire date if it crosses the date then that won’t work so you need to buy the new system of the drive. So be sure that date mentioned better remember the date before that.
If all the Above Solutions Failed to Overcome then restart your system:
If you are fed up by doing all the tasks above then go for the next task that is nothing but restart your system. As per my point of view, all the above tasks are done then once you restart the system then the drive will be detected in the device. Then the hard drive will be detected in your system.
How to recover items Does that exist in the drive?
- First of all, connect the drive to your particular device whether it may be mac or windows and etc.
- Refresh the system twice then the icon available on the screen.
- If not then do the above solutions to detect the drive icon.
- Then click on the drive icon then there comes a page.
- Now Go for the search option.
- And enter retrieve the lost files.
- Finally, select the required files or photos and etc. Then
- Click on the recover option then the task fulfills.
As per the queries, maximum users are facing the same problem I think the expired date was the main thing that fails to show the hard drive on the screen. And if the drive fails to work maybe it is damaged unknowingly that will fails to work and cleaning is the important task maximum no of users felt the same problem.
I thought that purchasing a good long-lasting drive whatever the cost may be will be a good solution to not face such a problem. I think after reading this article you can easily fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Issue.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com