If you want to know How to Fix Google Play Store Error 491? then you are in the right place to solve your Google Play Store errors. This type of Google Play Error code 491 occurs while Downloading and Installing Apps from the Google Play Store to your Android/ Tablet devices.
Hai, friends, I think you all know Google PlayStore is the platform for Android/Tablet users to Download apps and games. Most of the time Google Play Store works very well on your devices, but sometimes you may get errors like 491, 194, 927, 905, and 920. When you got these types of errors then you will face problems while Downloading and Installing the apps and games from the Google Play Store. Don’t bother about that read the whole article, here I will show you How to Fix Google Play Store Error 491 on Android/Tablet.
- Note: Before going to the methods to Fix Google Play Store Error Code 491, Make sure you never reboot your Android device, because this simple Reboot may fix this error without any other methods. Actually, this error occurs while the Google Play Store has a problem with the User’s Google Account.
I think no one knows the real reason why these errors are occurring on their devices. As I said earlier this type of error may occur due to the user’s Google Account, App developers Bundle ID and Google Store bundle ID may not set on your devices and many more reasons are araising. Most of the time users who face these types of errors are solved their problems by a simple reboot, I think this method may also work on your end too.
- How to Fix iPhone Dead Not Showing Battery Symbol
- Solve MacBook Pro Trackpad Not Clicking 2022
- How to Fix Messages App Not Showing Contact Names
- Solve There is No Connected Camera Macbook on 2022
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Different Methods to Fix Google Play Error 491:
- 2 How to Fix Error Code 491 in Google Play Store:
- 2.1 1. Reset your Android Device/Tablet
- 2.2 2. Clear Google Play Store Cache & Data
- 2.3 3. Remove Google Account & Create a New Google Account
- 2.4 4. Uninstall Updates for Google Play Apps
- 2.5 5. Delete APN with Proxy/Port
- 2.6 6. Reset App Preference
- 2.7 7. Download Google Play Store Apk file
- 2.8 8. Complete Factory Reset Android/Tablet
- 2.9 9. Download files through APK :
- 2.10 10. Change Date and Time Settings.
- 2.11 11. Uninstall Google Play Services & Download Google Play Services APK Files.
- 2.12 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 2.13 Final Conclusion:
What is Error Code 491 on Google PlayStore?
Error code 491 on Google Play Store means, this is the error that occurs on the Google Play Store while Downloading and Installing apps and games from Google Play Store. No one knows the real reason behind that type of error, but this error mainly occurs due to the User’s Google account. This means Google may not recognize your account or your account may spammy which is used on Google Play Store more than 2 times with the different user names.
I think the 1st method in this article is a very common fix for most Android market-related errors such as RPC:S-5: AEC-0, Error 498, 492, and so on. There are other errors also facing by users with the Google Play Store, those errors are like Google Play Store errors 194, 927, 905, and 920. If the Rebooting method did not work on your end, then I have some more methods which may work on your end to fix Google Play Store Error 491.
Reasons for getting Google Play Store Error 491:
As I said earlier no one knows the real reason behind these errors, but some of the Google developers guessing the below reasons for getting this Google Play Store Error 491.
- Application Settings on your mobiles may not be compatible with Google Play Store.
- You can Gmail account which is added to the Google PlayStore may not work very well.
- Maybe due to some corrupted data on your mobiles.
- Both app bundle ID and Google Play Store Bundle ID may not fit on that device.
- The manufacturer’s defect may also reason for this Google Play Store Error 491.
If your mobile is good and does not have any reason from the above gives, then follow the below methods which I have given to fix Error Code 491 on your smart devices while trying to Download and Install Apps and games from Google Play Store.
Different Methods to Fix Google Play Error 491:
The methods which I have given below are working well when I tried on my end, most of the time you don’t need any method, simply reboot your Android/Tablet and solve the error 491 without any hassles. Here in this article, I am going to provide 9 ways to Fix Google Play Store Error 491 on Android/Tablet.
- Restart your Android/Tablet.
- Clear Google Play Store Cache & Data.
- Remove Google Account which is attached to the Google PlayStore.
- UnInstall Updates for Google Play Apps.
- Delete APN With Proxy/Port.
- Reset App Preference.
- Download Google Play Store APK file.
- Complete Factory Reset Android/Tablet.
- Download files through APK.
- Change Date and Time Settings.
- Uninstall Google Play Services & Download Google Play Services APK Files.
If all the 6 methods above not working on your end, then follow the 7 the method which is very crucial and hard to do. If you Factory reset your device you may lose all the data from your mobiles, so make sure you take the backup of your data.
How to Fix Error Code 491 in Google Play Store:
1. Reset your Android Device/Tablet
Actually, so many errors can be fixed by simply Rebooting. So when you got an error like 491 Google Play Store Error, then do restart your android/tablet. I think the problem will be fixed after rebooting your devices. Most of the time Google Play Store Error code 491 will be fixed by following this method.
Steps to Reset your Android Device/Tablet
- First, clear all the recent apps and games on your devices.
- Now Restart or Shut Down your Android/Tablet.
- Wait for some more time to open your devices.
- After that navigate to the Google Play Store and start using it to download apps and games on your devices.
In my opinion, Restarting Android devices or Tablet devices is more than enough to fix this type of errors. If an error is not fixed with this method, then follow the rest of the methods to Fix Google Play Store Error 491.
2. Clear Google Play Store Cache & Data
Most of the time Google Play Store error 491 will occur due to corrupted data and cache within the app, so if you Clear Google Play Store Cache & Data, then you can fix this error.
Steps to Clear Google Play Store Cache & Data
- First of all, open your Android devices and navigate to Settings >> Apps/Applications.
- In the applications section, you can see different apps and applications, scroll down the page and search for Google Play Service and Google Play Store.
- Click on the Google Play Store option.
- After that, you can see two options like Clear Data & Clear Cache on the Google Play Store page.
- Click on Clear Data & Clear Cache option to clear Cache& Data from the Google Play Store app.
Now go back to the home screen and open the Google Play Store app to start using Google Play Store to Download and Install apps and games. If again 491 error occurs after clearing data and cache, then move to the other method to fix Google Play error 491.
3. Remove Google Account & Create a New Google Account
Some of the times you may get this error because of the Google Account associated with the Google PlayStore. So you can fix this error by removing the Google account on your Android devices from the play store. After removing the account add a new Google account, then you may get rid of this error code 491 in Google Play Store.
Steps to remove Google Account:
- First of all, open your Android devices and navigate to “Settings” >> “Accounts“.
- In the section, you will see different accounts that are associated with your Android device, choose the Google Account and click on it.
- After you navigate to your Account you can see the Remove Account option, tap on it.
- When you tap on to remove the account, after some time your accounts have been removed from your device.
- After that Reboot your Android device.
- Now when your device opens navigate to “Settings” >> “Accounts“, then create a new account with the new login details.
That’s it, kudos, after adding a new Google account to your android devices, you may not face that Google Play Store 491 error on your Android devices while downloading and installing apps and games from the Google Play Store.
4. Uninstall Updates for Google Play Apps
If you uninstall updates from the Google Play Apps, then you can fix this error why because some of the apps may take a heavy percentage of RAM from your devices while downloading and installing new updates, then the Google Play Store app may not allow you to download and install new apps.
Steps to Uninstall Updates for Google Play Apps:
- Open your Android device and then navigate to Settings.
- After that navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Now Click on the Three dot button at the top right corner and choose Uninstall Updates.
- After that Restart your Android device and start using Google Play Store to download and install Apps and Games without any errors.
I think this method may also work on your end, why because updates take more storage from your Android devices, where you can’t allow to download apps and games from Google Play Store.
5. Delete APN with Proxy/Port
Some of the users may set up Proxy/Port on their Android devices while using them on some restricted places, then if you Delete the APN, then it could help you to stop the 491 error on Google Play Store.
Steps to Delete APN with Proxy/Port:
- First of open your Android devices and navigate to the Settings.
- Now navigate to “Network Connection” >> “More Networks” >> “Mobile Networks“.
- On the Mobile Networks section, click on the Access Point Names option.
- On the Access, points section check whether the proxy/port is set or not.
- If the proxy/port is set, then Delete the APN.
I think most of the people got fix Google Play Store Error 491 by this Method. First of check whether your device proxy/port is set, if it is set up, then simply delete APN and start using Google Play Store on your Android devices without any error pop-ups.
6. Reset App Preference
Sometimes your app preference may change without your permission while allowing the apps and games on your android devices, then this method definitely helps you to fix the 491 Google Error code.
Steps to Reset App Preference:
- Open your Android and then navigate to the “Settings” >> “Apps/Applications“.
- There tap on the three-dot symbol at the top right corner.
- Here choose the Reset App Preferences option.
- When you choose the Reset App Preferences option you will get one pop-up, simply Tap on RESET APPS.
That’s it your phone apps preferences will be reset back to the default, where you can use your android devices normally, without any error pop-ups like error code 491 Google Play while downloading and installing apps and games.
- How to Fix Your Payment Method Was Declined to Update It or Add a New Payment Method and Try Again
- Solve Nvidia Control Panel Missing Issue 2022
- How to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet on Windows 7
7. Download Google Play Store Apk file
If the problem is with your Google Play Store which comes with Android devices, then you can’t do anything. But there is a solution for this problem also like you can simply uninstall the in-built version of Google Play Store and Install the new version of Google Play Store with the help of the Apk file.
Steps to Download & Install Google Play Store Apk on Android:
- When you are trying to install third-party app files on your Android devices, you have to Enable the Unknown Sources option.
- Navigate to Settings >> Security.
- On Security you can see the Unknown Resources option, simply Enable it to install Google Play Store Apk.
- Click on the Google Play Store Apk which you have installed just now.
- Click on the Install option to start the installation process.
- Wait for some more time to complete the installation process.
- After completion of the installation process click on Done.
Now navigate to the home screen on your android devices and then start using Google Play Store without any errors like 491 error, 495 error, and much more.
8. Complete Factory Reset Android/Tablet
- Note: Before going to proceed with this method make sure to take a backup of your Android phone, if anything wrong happens, then you can save your data safe.
If you feel the above methods are waste of time and may not work on your end, then this method is the final method to fix the Google Play Store error 491. This method is all about Complete Factory Reset Android/Tablet which means this Reset will completely delete all your data and settings on your device.
Steps to complete Factory Reser Android/Tablet:
- First of all, Backup your phone/tablet.
- Navigate to “Settings” >> “Click on Backup & Reset“.
- Wait for some more time to complete the full Backup.
- After taking Backup Tap on Factory Data Reset.
I think after executing this method on your android devices, you will never face Google Play Store 491 error on your android devices. That’s it kudos, I think you can fix error code 491 after following all the above methods.
9. Download files through APK :
As per the experience if there is an issue with the app Play Store then the problem is with the application itself. So try another way to download the app through Chrome browsers you can find the APK files in the browsers that is one of the altern0ative that will serve you if the play store fails to do so. As per the files of APK will not harm your device. some of the illegal apps or files may cause harm to the device. So it’s better to use the VPN while browsing the files of APK.
The files available in the APK are developed by the backend team they will fix the bugs to protect the devices of those who are using the apps or files of APK. That is enough to protect the system. So I suggest this method of alternative too to overcome the issue of the Google Play Store error 491.
10. Change Date and Time Settings.
One of the simplest methods to solve the Google Play Store Error 491 on Android/Tablet, simply to change the date and time settings.
To do this you need to follow some simple steps
- First of all, Navigate to the Settings.
- Then select the System option.
- In that move to Date & Time Settings.
- Next, click on the Automatic Date & Time button and disable/ turn off the button.
- Now, it manually set the Date & Time.
- Finally, check whether the issue is solved or not.
11. Uninstall Google Play Services & Download Google Play Services APK Files.
If you are still facing the error, then finally uninstall the Google Play Services and next download the Google Play Services APK Files.
For uninstalling the services of Google Play the user must follow the below steps.
- Initially, move to Settings.
- Then find ou the Installed apps or Apps section and open it.
- Search for the Google Play Store and tap on it.
- Click on Uninstall option.
- After that, you must download the Google Play Store APK and install it on Android.
- Finally, check whether the error is fixed or not.
- Why Pokémon Go GPS Signal Not Found
- How to Fix MacBook Pro Black Screen Apple Logo Not Lit
- Methods to Fix Safari Keeps Crashing on iPad
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1) I have an Android device when I am trying to download apps and games from the Google PlayStore, I am facing Error 491 on my Android, How can I fix it?
Answer: I think I have given 8 methods that will help you to fix Google Play Store Error 491.
Question 2) What I am facing with the Google PlayStore Account?
Answer: Simply delete that account and create a new Google PlayStore account, and reboot your Android device.
Question 3) Do I need to buy any premium apps from Google PlayStore to fix this error?
Answer: Nope, you don’t need to pay a single penny, simply follow the above methods and fix Google Play Store Error 491.
Finally, this is the time to conclude this article. There are many reasons behind getting the 491, 194, 927, 905, and 920 errors while using Google Play Store to download apps and games. But no one knows the real reason why the Google Play Store shows these types of errors. So follow each and every method in the above article to Fix Google Play Store 491 error on your Android devices.
This article mainly concludes with How to Fix Google Play Store Error 491 on Android devices while downloading apps and games. If face any errors or problems while following the above methods, then share your query with us through the comments section. We will try our level best to give you the best solution for your query.
- Important Note: Before you are going to apply these methods on your android devices make sure you have taken the backup of your android devices. Because if any problem happens while following the above methods, your data will be safe.
Thank’s for choosing OmGeeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.