If you are facing Halo Infinite Keeps Freezing on your Windows PC, then read more to know How to Fix Halo Infinite Keeps Freezing on Windows PC?
Hello! Internet Viewers, I am so happy to invite you to this article, I think you’re facing the Halo Infinite Keeps Freezing on Windows PC and really searching for the fixing methods to solve the issue and also wants to know the reasons behind the issue, for that type of people this article is the best reference to know
In this article, we are clearly discussing the basic information of Halo Infinite tells the reasons behind the issue, and briefly explain the fixing methods to fix the Halo infinite keeps freezing on Windows PC.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix Halo Infinite keeps Freezing on Windows PC
- 1.1 Method #1: Check the System Requirements
- 1.2 Method #2: Download & Install All Windows Updates
- 1.3 Method #3: Disable Background Applications
- 1.4 Method #4: Delete Temporary Files
- 1.5 Method #5: Uninstall Multiplayer High-Res Textures
- 1.6 Method #6: Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 1.7 Method #7: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- 1.8 Method #8: Disable in-game Overlay on Various Apps
- 1.9 Method #9: Update Halo Infinite
- 1.10 Method #10: Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
- 1.11 Method #11: Check the Conflict Programs
- 1.12 Method #12: Scan and Repair Windows
- 1.13 Method #13: Perform a Clean Boot
- 1.14 Method #14: Contact IT Specialist
- 1.15 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.16 Conclusion:
Reasons behind the Halo Infinite Keeps Freezing on Windows PC
Some reasons behind the Halo Infinite Keeps freezing on Windows PC are
- Lack of Update
- Insufficient System Requirements
- Due to the presence of temporary files
- Some apps and services are running in the background
- Enable full-screen optimizations
- Due to in-game overlays
- Outdated Halo Infinite
Methods to Fix Halo Infinite keeps Freezing on Windows PC
There are some methods to fix the Halo Infinite Keeps Freezing on Windows PC are
- Check the System Requirements
- Download & Install All Windows Updates
- Disable Background Applications
- Delete Temporary Files
- Uninstall Multiplayer High-Res Textures
- Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Disable Full-Screen optimizations
- Disable in-game Overlay on Various Apps
- Update Halo Infinite
- Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
- Check the Conflict Programs
- Scan and Repair Windows
- Perform a Clean Boot
- Contact IT Specialist
Method #1: Check the System Requirements
Before going to start or try any method the user must check the system requirements that are necessary to run the Halo Infinite and also stops the crashing or freezing of Halo Infinite on Windows PC, checking the compatible and suitable system requirements for each and every game is always the helpful and best solution, if your system having insufficient system requirements then it leads to lags, crashes, and other errors, so you must check the system requirements.
Follow the below simple steps to check the system requirements
Here we are giving Minimum as well as Recommended System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- The processor should be Intel i5-4440 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory should be 8 GB
- The Graphics Card should be Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11
- DirectX version is 12
- Storage space should be 50 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- The Operating Should be Windows 10 64-bit
- The processor should be AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700K
- Memory should be 16 GB
- The Graphics card is Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070
- The DirectX version is 12
- Storage space must be 50 GB
Method #2: Download & Install All Windows Updates
In order to avoid any errors, issues, and bugs the user must keep the system up to date, so download and install all windows updates.
Follow the below simple steps to download and install all windows updates
- Move to the Search bar on Windows.
- Then enter Check for Updates and select it from the search results.
- Next, you must tap on the Check for Updates tab.
- If you notice any updates then simply click on Download and Install button.
Finally, restart the computer and check whether the Halo Infinite freezes on Windows or not.
Method #3: Disable Background Applications
Usually, All games need a sufficient amount of memory to work properly, sometimes there are so many unwanted or unnecessary programs that are running in the background and consumes more memory and space on the device this results in crashing and freezing of games, to avoid this the user must disable the background applications those running on the system.
Background apps are one of the major reasons behind the decrease in efficiency and performance of the system, so disabling the background apps will also help to boost the performance of the system.
To do this you must carefully follow some simple steps
- First of all, Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Task Manager.
- Then you can move to the Process tab that sees the programs that are running in the background and consumes the memory.
- Find out the apps that are necessary to run the Halo Infinite.
- Simply, right-click on each application and click on End Task.
Finally check whether the issue is solved or not, if not then try another method in order to solve the issue.
Method #4: Delete Temporary Files
Due to the Presence of Temporary files on the system, it occupies more space consumes system resources, and slows down the performance and speed of the system gradually, and also encounters many issues while playing games, especially we may face freezing and crashing issues.
Follow the instructions that are given below to delete the temporary files
- Initially, the user must at a time press the Windows Logo+ R keys on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog
- Then in that type %temp% and tap on OK button
- Next, you must press at a time Ctrl+ A keys on the keyboard to select all files.
- After that, you must right-click and choose the Delete option.
- Then the user can get the prompt, just you must check the box that is preceding to the Do this for all current items and then tap on the Skip option.
- After completion of deletion of all the temporary files, the user must navigate to the desktop and simply right-click on the Recycle Bin, and then choose the Empty Recycling Bin option.
Once you finish all the steps simply open the Halo Infinite and then check whether the issue is solved or not, if not don’t worry jump to another method.
Method #5: Uninstall Multiplayer High-Res Textures
One of the effective methods to boost the Halo Infinite’s performance and also fix the freezing and crashing issue is simply to uninstall the Multiplayer High-Res Textures and it is supposed to give the recognizable FPS boot.
Below are the steps that are useful to uninstall the Multiplayer High-Res Textures, follow them carefully
- First of all, launch the Steam client on the system.
- Then below the Library section, you must right-click on the Halo Infinite and then choose Properties.
- Now click on the DLC tab.
- Finally, the user must uncheck or untick the Multiplayer High-Res Textures.
Method #6: Verify Integrity of Game Files
We all know that the main reason for getting any error or any type of issue is due to the presence of corrupted game files and glitch graphics, if you’re facing the freezing and crashing issue then immediately you must verify and check the cache files of the Halo Infinite, it perfectly maintains the installation up to date and also fix and repair the corrupted game data if necessary.
Just follow the below simple steps to verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Launch the Steam Client.
- Then move to the Library section.
- In that, you must right-click on the Halo Infinite and then choose the Properties option.
- Now choose the Local Files tab.
- Next tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
The Steam Client will start verifying the game files and takes a few minutes to finish the entire process, after finishing the process the user must exit the window open the game, and check whether it is still freezing and crashing on Windows PC.
If you’re still encountering the issue then have patience and try another method in order to fix the issue.
Method #7: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
Full-Screen Optimizations is one of the excellent in-built features on Windows 10, it is useful to enhance the performance and efficiency of fullscreen apps on Windows 10, But unfortunately, most of the players said that it will lead to a crash or freeze the game sometimes, so you just try to Disable the full-screen optimizations if it fixes the issue it is well and good.
To disable Full-screen optimizations you must follow the below simple steps
- Firstly, open the Steam client.
- Then navigate to the Library tab.
- Now right-click on the Halo Infinite and choose the Properties option.
- Next, the user must right-click on the Halo Infinite launcher and then tap on Property.
- Then it shows the pop-up, just check the box before the Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.
- After that tap on Change DPI settings.
- Below the High DPI Scaling Override the user must check the box that is preceding to the Override high DPI scaling behavior and then tap on OK to save the changes.
At last, you must restart the game and then check the gameplay, if this method solves the issue it is your luck if not then try another method.
Method #8: Disable in-game Overlay on Various Apps
Mostly the In-game overlays such as in Discord and steam will allow the app or platform in order to track the achievements as well as purchases and also enhance the gaming performance, but sometimes due to the in-game overlay we are facing the crashing and freezing of Halo Infinite, so you must disable the in-game overlay to fix the issue.
Disable in-game Overlay in Discord:
Here we are explaining the steps to disable the in-game overlay on Discord
- First of all, the user must open the Discord app on Windows PC.
- Then tap on the Gear icon that is located on the bottom
- Now select Overlay that is shown below of App Settings,
- Next Turn on the Enable in-game Overlay.
- After that select the Games tab and then choose Halo Infinite
- At last Disable/ turn off the Enable in-game overlay button.
- Finally restart the PC to apply the changes.
Disable in-game Overlay on Xbox Game Bar:
Follow the steps to disable the in-game overlay on the Xbox Game bar
- You must press the Windows+ I keys at a time on the Keyboard to launch the Settings.
- Then move to Gaming tab.
- In that choose Game Bar.
- Next Turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
For suppose, you’re unable to find the Game bar then simply move to the search bar on Windows and get it on the Settings menu.
Disable in-game Overlay on Nvidia GeForce Experience:
Not only in Discord and Xbox Game bar the user can also disable the in-game overlay on Nvidia GeForce Experience as well, just follow the below instructions.
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app on your device.
- Then move to Settings
- Now tap on the General tab and then disable/ turn off the In-Game Overlay option.
- At last, restart the PC to apply the changes open the game, and check.
Note: Make sure you must also disable the in-game overlay of other apps such as MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that are continuously running in the background.
Disable in-game overlay on Steam:
Here we are discussing the steps to disable the in-game overlay on Steam
- Launch the Steam Client
- Then head over to the Library section
- Now you must find out the Halo Infinite and right-click on it.
- Next, choose Properties
- Finally, you must uncheck or untick the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game
Check whether the Halo Infinite will properly work or not.
Method #9: Update Halo Infinite
Due to the lack of updates of Halo Infinite also we are facing the crashing or freezing of Halo Infinite on Windows PC, so you must check and update the game with the latest version of Halo Infinite.
To do this you must follow some instructions those are explained below
- First of all, launch the Steam Client.
- Then move to the Library section
- In that tap on Halo Infinite that is located on the left pane.
- Then it automatically searches or finds out the available updates, if you notice any updates then tap on the Update option.
- Wait for some time, it takes some time to finish the complete process.
- Once the process is finished then exit from the Steam client.
- Finally, restart/ reboot the PC to make changes and then relaunch the game and check if the issue exists or not.
Method #10: Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
To avoid crashing and freezing of game the user must disable the CPU or GPU overclocking, usually Overclocking has more impact on the enhancement of gameplay but in some cases, it leads to issues and incompatibility issues, so you must disable CPU or GPU overclocking and set the frequency as default to maintain the optimum performance.
Method #11: Check the Conflict Programs
Based upon the point of view and reports given by so many players, the Halo Infinite will crash or freeze or doesn’t stay long due to the presence of some hardware-monitoring tools, so the user must check the PC for that conflict programs running on the device namely MSI Afterburner and Razer Synapse if you’re devices having these programs simply close them and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #12: Scan and Repair Windows
If you try the above methods but do not solve the issue then you must simply scan and repair the Windows to get the complete status of the PC and also to fix if there is any chance for system issues, here we are suggesting you use a professional repair tool, we are using Restoro a system optimizer that usually scans and repair the system issues without losing the personal data
To scan and repair the Windows by using the Restoro the user must follow some simple steps
- First of all, download and install Restoro from its official website.
- Then launch it.
- It will perform a free scan for the PC and clearly gives the information and complete report of the PC Status.
- After completion, you can view the report that displays all the issues.
- In order to fix the issues automatically, you can tap on Start Repair( the user must buy the full version) and it has a 60-day money-back guarantee, so the user has a benefit to refund any time whenever the Restore is unable to fix the issue.
Method #13: Perform a Clean Boot
To fix any errors and issues that are related to games, you must perform a clean boot, some apps and services have automatically booted the system and also consumes more system resources and utilize more internet connection, so simply perform the clean boot to fix the issue.
Follow the below simple steps in order to perform the clean boot.
- You must press Windows + R keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Then enter msconfig and tap on OK to set up the System Configuration.
- Now navigate to the Services tab and then enable/ turn on the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox
- Next, tap on Disable all and then select Apply and then click on OK to save the changes.
- After that move to the Startup tab and then select Open Task Manager.
- It launches the Task Manager interface, in that move to Startup tab.
- The user must select the preferred task that uses the higher startup impact
- After selecting it tap on Disable to turn it off in the startup process
- You can repeat the same thing for others as well that having higher startup impact.
- Once you finish all the steps, simply restart the computer to save and apply the changes.
Method #14: Contact IT Specialist
If the above methods do not solve the issue then finally you must contact the IT specialist, why because in some cases it is difficult to check where the exact issue is, so simply contact the specialist to get clear information regarding the issue.
Here we are going with the JustAnswer a 24/7 live support platform that gives answers to your questions and helps to solve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How to Disable Antivirus Program or Windows Firewall?
Answer: In order to fix the Halo Infinite crashing and freezing issue on Windows PC the user must disable the Antivirus Program or Windows Firewall.
- First of all, Move to Start Menu on Windows.
- Then type Firewall
- Choose the Windows Defender Firewall on the search results
- Next tap on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option that is located on the left pane
- Then it opens a new window, simply choose the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall(not recommended) option for both Private as well as Public Network Settings.
- After choosing the option you must tap on OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reboot the PC.
At the same time, you can also disable/ turn off the Windows Security protection, for that follow the below instructions carefully
- On the keyboard, you must press Windows+ I keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Settings.
- Then select Update & Security tab.
- Next, choose Windows Security which is shown n the left side corner.
- After that tap on the Open Windows Security option
- Move to the Virus & Threat Protection and then tap on Manage Settings.
- The user must just turn off/ disable the Real-time protection button.
- It shows a prompt, just tap on Yes to continue the further process.
- At the same time, the user can turn off the cloud-delivered protection, if you wish the Tamper Protection.
- Question 2) How to Set High priority in Task Manager?
Answer: To fix any game-related issues, crashes, and errors the user, first of all, set the game as a high priority in Task Manager in order to run the game smoothly.
- Initially, you must right-click on the Start Menu on Windows.
- Then choose Task Manager
- Move to the Processes tab.
- You must right-click on the game task
- Now click on Set Priority to High
- Exit from the Task Manager.
- At last, you must run the Halo infinite game or any other game and check the crashing issue is solved or not.
- Question 3) How to Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime?
Answer: Not only to fix the Halo Infinite Crashing and Freezing issue, but also to fix the multiple gaming issues or errors the user must reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on Windows PC.
To do this you must follow some simple steps
- Move to Start Menu or simply press the Windows key on the Keyboard.
- Then enter Apps & Features on the search bar.
- Now move to the Microsoft Visual C++ programs that are shown on the list.
- You must choose each and every program and tap on Uninstall
In case your device does not have the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime then simply go and visit the official website of Microsoft, in that you must download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
After getting it, you must install it on Windows PC and restart the device to make changes.
This article clearly discusses the basic information of Halo infinite explains the reasons behind the Halo Infinite Keeps Freezing on Windows PC and briefly tells the fixing methods to solve the issue.
People who are Halo Infinite game lovers and facing the freezing issue and eagerly searching for the fixing methods and also wants to know the reasons behind the issue for that type of people you’re at the right place and this article is the best reference to know.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.