If you are facing (BSOD) error with 0x0000007b on Windows 10, then read more to know the working methods to fix inaccessible boot device
The Inaccessible Boot System error is one of the egregious errors for Windows 10 users. It is a standard “blue death display” (BSOD) error with 0x0000007b, often popping up during Windows startups, after upgrading to a Windows 10, or activating to a Windows 10 anniversary.
This error message also prevents computers from properly booting. It informs users that their PC has an issue so a restart is needed to solve the supposed failure. It also says that Windows collects some error information and starts again at a certain point. Read more to Fix Inaccessible Boot Device Error.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 Error (exception code 0x0000007b) Inaccessible boot device meaning
- 0.2 Causes of Windows 10 inaccessible device boot error
- 1 How to Patch Windows 10 Inaccessible Device Error
Error (exception code 0x0000007b) Inaccessible boot device meaning
Windows normally automatically update, which is extremely exciting when a new update is released. However, a major problem could arise from this auto-update. Imagine waiting for the update to restart Windows 10, only to see the 0x0000007b error code on your computer.
Your PC restarts all over again after a couple of moments. Illustration the scene and imagine what it feels like. Well, this error message shows that when attempting to start, Windows couldn’t enter the system partition.
The problem (of course) prompted the restart of Windows. Several Windows 10 users in computers running an SSD recorded the prevalence of this error message. But why the boot system error is not inaccessible? Please read to know.
Causes of Windows 10 inaccessible device boot error
The Inaccessible Boot Device error refers to a BSOD error message once the operating system Windows 10 fails to access the device partition while it is running. The following issues can prevent Windows 10 from accessing the system partition:
- Drivers inaccurately or obsolete, corrupted or outdated.
- Conflicts between hardware due to device upgrades or changes.
- Damaged hard disc.
- Other causes.
In addition to generating the Inaccessible Boot System Error, the above problems that cause other device errors, including the missing MSVCP110.dll error, INTERNAL POWER ERROR, VIDEo DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR, and much more. To prevent further system malfunctions, it is necessary to address the inaccessible boot device issue.
How to Patch Windows 10 Inaccessible Device Error
Several solutions are available for troubleshooting the inaccessible Windows 10 boot malfunction. Yet not all of them must be used. You just need to try and find a few alternatives to the one that fits for you. Here is a helpful guide on how to repair a Windows 10 Inaccessible Boot System Error:
Deactivate the latest packages
The inaccessible boot system error in Windows 10 may be triggered by recently installed packages. You might install new packages without warning if you have configured Windows Update to update them automatically. You can uninstall packages one after another if you believe that the newly installed packages cause this problem.
I hope that uninstalling each update will eventually remove the package that causes the problem. Because Windows 10 can not usually be booted when this error happens, you are advised to uninstall packages by using the DSM command to fix.
Note: Your desktop restarts by this process. Before you start, make sure that all work has been saved.
- Make sure you’re absolutely off your computer.
- Press the power button of your PC to turn it on. Press the power button before it shuts down automatically for five seconds. Perform this step twice before the “Automatic Repair Preparation” screen appears.
- Note: This move seeks to build the Automatic Repair Preparation Panel. If Windows can’t boot properly, this will pop up and Windows will attempt to solve the problem itself. If the first time you power up the machine, you can skip this stage.
- Wait for the completion of the Windows diagnosis.
- For Windows Recovery System screen press Advanced options.
- Tap the Windows Recovery Environment display for Troubleshooting.
- On the Troubleshoot Display, pick Advanced settings.
The command prompt should restart your PC and boot. Follow the instructions below if the prompt command appears on your screen:
- Type dir c: and press Enter (this is if the Windows drive C is installed).
- Run Dism/Image: C:\/ Get-packsages.
- There is a list of installed packages on the network. To evaluate the most recent package, you could use the date sector. Please note the name of your package.
- In order to uninstall package, enter the following words: dism.exe /image: c:\/remove-package /[name of package].
- Here is the package naming you pointed out in the previous section. “Package Identity”
- On uninstalling the packages, restart your computer. Check to see if the problem has been fixed successfully.
Unless the error occurs after the uninstallation of new updates, deleting a newly-updated program using the same technique is recommended. Alternatively, this blue screen closure can be replaced using a completely new approach.
Drivers are valuable tools for the proper use of your hardware by Windows. Nonetheless, obsolete drivers are not Windows 10 compliant and so generate all sorts of hitches, like the boot system malfunction that is unavailable. Update your drivers to repair these errors is strongly recommended.
Visit the official hardware company’s website and find and download the new drivers to repair a faulty driver. This problem can frequently be caused by controller drivers like IDE ATA / SATA. And you can correct the error once and for all by downloading and installing your driver’s new update.
In BIOS to Trigger Toggle AHCI mode value
Several users have suggested that this issue can be solved by transfers to the “Enabled” AHCI mode on the BIOS. The BIOS menu is very different among manufacturers and you may want to check the instructions of your motherboard manual. For this purpose, there is a one-size-fit approach to describing this problem-solving process.
However, it is usually appropriate, by pressing the Delete, Escape or Function key, to access the BIOS during boot time. The Advanced Options are selected and the Custom AHCI mode is set. Switch to Activated the AHCI Mode value.
Viruses can also trigger BSoDs, and it is, therefore, important to search your computer and remove all malware frequently. A professional anti-malware solution Anti-Malware can track, neutralize, and keep you safe.
The error in the Inaccessible Boot System is troubling, but many Windows 10 users say it is not an uphill job to solve this problem. In addressing the blue screen error in Windows 10, the above-proposed methods have proved helpful. All of these solutions would work for you. I think after following the all methods which are provided above, you can Fix Inaccessible Boot Device Error.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com