Well, if you guys are looking for how to fix my iPad mini is not charging problem then you are at the right place. Go thoroughly the article.
Very warm welcome geeks…!! let us discuss something related to iOS. We all know very well about iOS devices and their working. But most of the iPad mini users are facing an issue. The issue is why is my iPad mini is not charging. Coming to this issue it is not a serious threat for the iPad mini users as it is one of the common issues faced by them. So, if you are one of them who are searching for why my iPad mini is not charging then this article is for you.
The first thing that we need to know is what is iPad mini. Well, we all know what is iPad which is apple’s version of the tablet where you can get all the features and functions on a big screen like the iPhone. Discussing iPad mini it is one of the portable tablets running with an iPad OS.
Here in this article, we are going to know why the iPad mini charges very slowly or sometimes fail. There are so many reasons for this issue to happen but the main reasons behind this are due to any fault cables or any faulty or expired batteries. If these are the reasons for the slow charging of the iPad mini then you can easily fix them with your own hands. Otherwise, you need to replace your iPad mini, or else you need to follow the troubleshooting process. let’s see what are the different reasons that might cause the IPad mini is not charging issue.
- How to Fix Unidentified Network No Internet Access on Windows 10
- Steps to Fix Unexpected_Store_Exception on Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Unable to Format SD Card CMD
- Why External Hard Drive Not Showing on Windows 10
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods For Fixing iPad Mini Is Not Charging Issue:
- 1.1 Fix #1. Reset Your iPad Mini:
- 1.2 Fix #2. Check Your Lightning Cable:
- 1.3 Fix #3. Clean The Lightning Cable Port Of iPad Mini:
- 1.4 Fix #4. Inspect iPad Mini Charging Adapter:
- 1.5 Fix #5. Maintain Your iPad Mini In The Standard Operating Temperature:
- 1.6 Fix #6. Perform A DFU Restore:
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.8 Final Conclusion:
Reasons For iPad Mini Is Not Charging Issue:
As previously mentioned, there are so many reasons behind this iPad mini not charging issue so let us discuss what are the main issues that cause your iPad mini to not charge.
- The first reason is that they are iPad mini lightning cables or sometimes the charging cable can also cause this issue.
- Most of the times dust and debris that struck in your iPads mini-port can cause your iPad mini not to charge.
- In addition to this, there might be any software-related issue for not getting your iPad mini charged.
- Moreover, your charging cables or your charger adapter might also have any technical problems. So that it doesn’t get a proper connection to charge your iPad mini.
- Well, if you are using any third-party charging cables or peripherals then the iPad mini does not support charging. As apple, itself gives you the official charging cables as well as the adapters.
Now we are enough with the reasons. So now we are going to discuss what are the different methods that are available to fix this iPad mini is not charging issue.
Methods For Fixing iPad Mini Is Not Charging Issue:
Here I am going to provide you with 6 methods to fix this issue with your own hands. Do follow each method carefully. If one method is not working for you then don’t get tense and start looking for another method which I mentioned below.
Fix #1. Reset Your iPad Mini:
Yes, resetting your iPad mini might fix all the issues related to your device. sometimes there might be a software glitch but is not allowing your iPad mini for getting charged. So doing a reset option can you run your application smoothly by freeing up some space so that the device can start as fresh.
Here I’m going to give you two options for your iPad mini with home buttons as well as without home buttons
- iPad mini with home buttons:
Well, if you are using iPad mini with your home buttons then you can simply follow these steps
The first step you need to do is to pressure the home button and power button and hold them for some time.
Now you can see the Apple logo appears on the screen at that time you can release the buttons.
Make sure that you hold the power buttons for around 20 to 30 seconds.
- iPad mini without home buttons:
Well, if you are using an iPad mini with your home buttons then you can simply follow this procedure.
The first step is to press your volume up button and then release again repeat this for the volume down button.
Then press the top button and hold it for some time up to some time where you can see the Apple logo on your screen.
Make sure that you hold the Top buttons for around 20 to 30 seconds.
Finally, these are the two ways to reset your iPad mini. so many users have claimed that this method has fixed the issue.
Fix #2. Check Your Lightning Cable:
Well, a lightning cable which is most popularly known as the charging cable is the main but to charge your iPad mini. But the main problem lies here as it is the only one that transfers any data from PC to your device. So, the lightning cable might cause this charging issue also. To check if my lightning cable is properly working or not test them by connecting with your device and using an alternate charging cable too.
The most important thing that you need to keep in mind while charging your iPad mini is using Apple’s official lightning cable which is one of the MFI certified cables. Using any third-party cable to charge your iPad mini might cause your device to not charge. So, using the apple certified cable is always recommended. if you are facing this issue then check whether you are using the third-party cable or Apple’s certified cable.
Fix #3. Clean The Lightning Cable Port Of iPad Mini:
Well, this is one of the important issues that everyone should be very keen on cleaning their iPad mini port. The lightning cable port is situated at the right corner of your iPad mini. Most of the time all the dust and the debris will get situated at the port Making it not work properly. Here I’m giving you the procedure to clean the iPad mini lightning cable port without damaging any component
- The first step that you need to do is to take an anti-static brush and clean the port very gently. the main reason for using an antistatic brush is that the static charge can damage the electrical components in the port.
- The next step is taking a Q-tip or a cotton ball and again cleaning the port very gently.
- The main thing that you need to keep in mind is that don’t blow-dry the port by using your mouth as the moisture can damage the internal components. So, make sure to use a compressed air duster to clean the port.
Furthermore, if you are not sure to clean the port properly then try to take the device to the nearest Apple store so that they will assist you further.
- Reasons for DNS Server Not Responding on WiFi
- How to Fix Windows 10 Critical Process Died No Safe Mode
- Why iPad Sound Not Working on Some Apps
Fix #4. Inspect iPad Mini Charging Adapter:
Most of the times users will use some third-party charges to charge the devices. This is one of the serious issues do not using any third-party charges the reason behind this is the third-party charge can damage the motherboard of the device due to the intermittent power supply. So, there is a high risk to charge your iPad mini using a third-party charger.
Instead of using that try charging your device in different charging ports such as a computer laptop or any other adapter. In this way, you will know that that third-party charging adapter is causing the problem. Here I am recommending you do not use any third-party charger. If you are using an iPad mini then make sure to use Apple’s certified charging adapter so that you might not face any charging issues.
Fix #5. Maintain Your iPad Mini In The Standard Operating Temperature:
Well, this reason might be a little bit funny but it is one of the main reasons for not charging your iPad mini. Most of us are unaware of the fact that Apple has designed the iPads in a way that they will be operated only at a certain temperature in 32 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. So, if your iPod is too much hot or too cold then it simply stopped functioning and the screen goes black.
At that time to avoid this situation always keep your iPad mini in a regular room temperature location. Make sure that you are not exposing your iPad mini directly to the sun or in the fridge. If you are facing this issue then make sure to keep the device at room temperature and once it gets back to the normal position then try to charge your iPad mini normally.
Fix #6. Perform A DFU Restore:
If none of the above solutions are not working for you then it’s time to perform a restore process which is the DFU restore. It is advised you make a local backup of all your data present in the iPad mini. As the DFU restore will erase all your data and restore them to the factory default.
The reason behind using this DFU restore is that it can fix all the huge and deep software-related problems so that it might set your iPad mini to get charging.
Well, if none of the above solutions are not working for you then there might be an issue with your iPad mini device. Make sure to update your iPad mini-OS so that it might fix the issue. If this is also not working for you then it might be your device is exposed to water or it can cause any battery issue.
The best way you can do now is to take your device and visit the nearest Apple store so that they will replace your apple battery and give you further support. If you have a warranty card then your iPad mini you can use warranty card. Else if you have apple care plus on your iPad mini then you can extend your warranty up to two years.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How long should it take to charge an iPad mini?
Answer: Well, it takes around 4 hours to charge an iPad mini from zero to 100%. However, it varies based stop on the charging adapter lightning cable as well as the age of your iPad mini battery.
- Question 2) How can I make my IPad mini charge faster?
Answer: Yes, you can update your iPad mini to the latest version, by using the official apple lightning cable, by not using our iPad mini while it was charging, keeping your iPad mini at room temperature. These things will help you to charge iPad mini faster.
- Question 3) How many years does an iPad mini battery last?
Answer: Well, it depends on how much you use it and also depends on the charging capacity. For a prediction, it lasts for around 10 years.
- Question 4) How can I make my iPad mini battery last longer?
Answer: By decreasing the screen brightness by turning off the location services and by reducing the number of notifications on your lock screen.
- What Is Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Server 2022
- How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription on Android
- How to Free Up Space on iPhone 6s 16GB
Finally, I can conclude that there are so many reasons for not charging your iPad mini. Here in this article, I have presented the best possible 6 methods to solve your iPad mini is not charging issue. You can choose any of the best methods or you can follow the next method if one method is not working for you. In addition to this, I also gave the reasons for not charging your iPad mini make sure to have a look at them.
If you have any doubts regarding this article but then feel free to ask us in the comments section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.