Very warm welcome geeks. Today I am going to discuss a topic in which many iPad users are facing this issue. Well, most of us face this issue that your iPad suddenly stops playing the sound when you leave it for some time. There might be so many things behind this issue. But most of us love listening to music or any videos but at that time sounds struck which is a frustrating issue. So, in this article, I am going to show you how to fix iPad sound not working issue. Without any further delay let’s get started.
Most iPad users have claimed that they are facing sound issues while listening. Well, if you guys are one of them who are searching for how to fix iPad sound not working issue. Then this article is the right choice for you. You can choose any method which is best suitable for your device.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Fix iPad Sound Not Working Issue:
- 1.1 #1. Check Mute Option:
- 1.2 #2. Set Side Switch Properly:
- 1.3 #3. Turn Off Mono Audio Setting:
- 1.4 #4. Check Do Not Disturb Option:
- 1.5 #5. Check Your Volume:
- 1.6 #6. Plug Your Headphones:
- 1.7 #7. Clean Your iPad Speakers:
- 1.8 #8. Check If Your iPad Is In headset Mode:
- 1.9 #9. Test Sound with An App:
- 1.10 #10. Close All Your Apps:
- 1.11 #11. Turn Off Bluetooth:
- 1.12 #12. Try Making A Call:
- 1.13 #13. Force Restart Your iPad:
- 1.14 #14. Factory Reset Your iPad:
- 1.15 #15. Update Your iOS:
- 1.16 #16. Contact Apple Support:
- 1.17 Conclusion:
- 1.18 Related posts:
Why My iPad Sound Is Not Working?
Well, there are many reasons behind this issue with your iPad. Whether you have muted your device or else there might be headset problems. Most of the time the reasons will be given the right permissions to the sound settings. In addition to this, there might be dirt in your speakers.
So, to solve this iPad sound not working issue we need to look for all the settings in the iPad. Now I am going to provide you with the best possible methods which help you to fix the iPad sound not working issue. Go through the entire article to know more about this issue.
Methods To Fix iPad Sound Not Working Issue:
Yes, here I am providing you with the best possible 16 methods which help you to fix the iPad sound not working issue. I hope this article will help you in a great way. So, let’s get into the detail of each method.
#1. Check Mute Option:
This is one of the important factors that most of us need to check if our sound is not working. Most of the older version iPads are having a mute switch at the side. So, if you are using the older version then make sure to turn on and off the mute switch.
Well, if you guys are using the latest version of iPads then you need to go to the control center. As there is no switch for newer versions. Make sure to check whether you have turned on the mute option. If so then turn off the mute option and check again whether the sound is working or not.
#2. Set Side Switch Properly:
Sometimes your side switch configuration might also cause your iPad sound not working issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step that you need to do is go to the settings and click on general.
- In the general option, you can see the use side switch to tab make sure to change it from mute to lock rotation.
- Now you can see your mute option in your control center. Now check whether the iPad sound is working or not.
#3. Turn Off Mono Audio Setting:
This is one of the best solutions that the Apple community has suggested is that to change Mono audio settings. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is go to settings and click on accessibility.
- In the accessibility, option make sure to go to the hearing tab and toggle mono audio switch to on.
- If it is in on position make sure to turn it off and then on again. Now check whether the issue is fixed or not.
#4. Check Do Not Disturb Option:
Another important factor that you need to check is whether your do not disturb is on or off. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step that you need to do is go to settings and then click on the do not disturb option.
- Now make sure that you have kept the manual option off.
- In addition to this in the silence section, make sure to check only while the iPad is locked option.
- Otherwise, you can also check this option in your control center and turn it off.
#5. Check Your Volume:
This is the prominent factor that you need to check is your volume. Sometimes you might accidentally press your volume button to the off or mute position.
So, make sure to check your volume whether it is lowered to the mute position.
#6. Plug Your Headphones:
Another method suggested by Apple’s support community is to plug your headphones into the iPad to check whether you can hear any sound from the headset. If you are hearing from the headphone then there might be a problem with your speakers.
So, check whether you have any dust and debris in your iPad speakers and follow the below method to know how to clean your iPad speakers.
#7. Clean Your iPad Speakers:
As previously mentioned, that you need to clean your iPad speakers every time to prevent them from dust and debris. This may prevent your iPad speakers from volume disturbances.The best thing that you can use to clean your speakers is using a cotton bud. Make sure to clean your iPad speakers properly without any dust. In addition to this don’t use any moisture contents like water to clean them. As they cause any internal damage.
#8. Check If Your iPad Is In headset Mode:
This is the factor that most of us do and forget. While we are using headsets or any wireless pods to hear sounds through iPad. We forget to disconnect them after the completion of the work. This will cause your speakers to not provide sound.
Sometimes the headset might get struck so that you need to reset the iPad or perform any troubleshoot like an airplane to disconnect them.
#9. Test Sound with An App:
This is also the best solution to know whether there is any software malfunctioning or any hardware problems with your iPad. Well, try to install any app which has sound effects. If you are hearing any sounds from the app then you have enabled any of the above settings.
If not, then there might be any hardware malfunction that is stopping your sound. So, make sure to check the hardware components in your iPad.
#10. Close All Your Apps:
Sometimes having excess apps in your background might also cause some glitch in your volume. So, make sure to close all the apps. To do this swipe up the home button and close all the apps which are running in the background.
Well, if you are using the home button iPad then double-tap the home button and close all the apps.
#11. Turn Off Bluetooth:
We use the Bluetooth option to play sound on your iPad. Well, if you have turned on the Bluetooth option then make sure to turn it off. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is go to the settings and click on Bluetooth.
- Now make sure to toggle the Bluetooth option to off.
- Now check your iPad speakers by playing any music whether you are hearing or not.
#12. Try Making A Call:
Yes, this might look crazy but it will help you to know whether your speakers are working or not. For this method, all you need to do is to call any person on your iPad and turn on the speakers.
Else you can try a face time call so that you get a clear understanding of speakers. If you are not hearing then there will be any networking issue.
#13. Force Restart Your iPad:
Well, if none of the above solutions are working for you then you can simply restart your iPad to fix this issue.
- If you are using an iPad without a home button then press the power button and any volume button until you see slide to power off screen and click on it.
- With the home button then press the home button until you see a slide to power off screen and click on it.
- You can also do it by going from settings to settings and tap on general.
- In general, click on the shutdown option.
- Once all the process is completed and when the iPad is on. Try to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
#14. Factory Reset Your iPad:
The important note is that make sure to backup all your important data using iTunes by connecting to the computer before resetting your iPad. As it may erase all your data. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is going to the settings option and click on general.
- In general, option scroll down until you see the reset option and click on it.
- In the reset, tab makes sure to click on erase all contents and settings option.
- Now you need to wait for some time until the process is completed. Now check whether you can hear sound or not.
#15. Update Your iOS:
The last thing you could do in your hands is that check whether you are using the older version of iOS. To do that go to settings>software update.
If there is any update in your iOS then make sure to click on the update option. Using the older version might also cause these issues. So, try to update your iOS and check whether the iPad sound not working issue is fixed or not.
#16. Contact Apple Support:
Finally, if none of the above solutions are at all working for you. Then it is out of your hands. All you have to do is to contact your Apple Support and explain the problem.
They will try to provide you with a solution to fix the iPad sound not working issue.
- Why does my iPad sound not working on games?
Check whether you have not muted your device. If not then try to reboot your device to fix this issue.
- Why there is no sound on iPad videos on YouTube?
Well, you may turn your volume button or side switch off. Make sure to check them and follow the above methods to fix sound in your iPad.
- iPad sound not working without headphones. Why?
The reason might be your headphones got stuck in your iPad. Try to reset or restart your iPad and check again.
Finally, I can conclude that if you guys are looking for how to fix iPad sound not working issue then this article is the right choice for you. In this article, I have provided you with all the best possible 16 methods which help you to fix this iPad sound not working issue. I hope this article will help you in a great way. Thanks for reading this article.
If you have any doubts regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.