Very warm welcome geeks, have you ever thought that one button will bring life to your phone. Yes, you heard it correct, iPhone is having such a feature that one home button will access your entire features of the phone. So if you guys are looking for how to fix the iPhone home button not working issue then go through the entire article.
Now here is the problem, what happens if the home button is not working. Here we are, if you guys are looking for how to solve the iPhone home button not working issue then you are in the right area. Well, it is a common issue that everyone faces in their day-to-day life as it is the only button that gives access to their iPhone. Go thoroughly through the entire article for more information.
Well, geeks iPhone home button not working is a very frequent issue that everyone faces due to the iPhone suffering from wear and tear usage of your phone for a long time. But don’t worry this issue can be easily solved if you follow the methods which I mentioned in this article. By following those methods, you can easily solve the issue as it is caused due to over the lifetime of your iPhone, dirt, moisture, and so on. Let’s get into detail.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 What Is iPhone Home Button Not Working Issue?
- 0.2 Reasons For Getting This Error:
- 0.3 What Is Necessity To Fix This Issue?
- 1 Methods To Fix iPhone Home Button Not Working Issue:
- 2 How To Fix iPhone Home Button Not Working Issue?
- 2.1 Fix #1. Assistive Touch Home Button To The Screen:
- 2.2 Fix #2. Recalibrate The Home Button:
- 2.3 Fix #3. Firmware Restore On Your iPhone:
- 2.4 Fix #4. Using Isopropyl Alcohol For Cleaning The Home Button:
- 2.5 Fix #5. Using Charger to Press Against the Home Button:
- 2.6 Frequently Asked Questions?
What Is iPhone Home Button Not Working Issue?
The home button not working on your iPhone is a general issue that every iPhone user faces in their daily life as it is caused due to exceeded lifetime period of your iPhone, environmental conditions, wear and tear usage of your phone for a long time.
Even if you keep your iPhone safely this type of issue occurs. As iPhone has an interesting feature that one home button will give access to your phone, which we get tensed when it is not working. But no need to worry here I am providing you with some best methods where you can solve this issue with your own hands without visiting the store.
- Solve 0xc1900101-0x4000D
- How to Get Google Home
- What is Err_Connection_Reset in Mobile
- How to Fix Website Redirect Problem
Reasons For Getting This Error:
Here we will discuss what are the main reasons behind getting these errors so that by knowing them we can easily solve the issue.
- Sometimes your home button will respond very slowly this is due to a software glitch in your iPhone.
- If your docking port got misaligned due to wear and tear usage you can see this type of error.
- Another reason will be dirt on your button like sticky hands, dirt in purse or pockets can cause this issue.
- Well, if your iOS version of your iPhone is outdated then you can face this issue.
What Is Necessity To Fix This Issue?
- Well, it is necessary to fix this error in your iPhone as the home button is the major access to your phone.
- If you don’t fix the error in time then it can damage your entire phone in terms of software and hardware.
- Moreover, as the home button is the major access to your phone, even if you are in an emergency situation you cannot access your phone. So fixing this error is important.
Methods To Fix iPhone Home Button Not Working Issue:
Well, if you guys are looking for how to solve this issue then do follow the bellow methods carefully in order to solve this issue. You can choose any of the below methods that are best suitable for your device.
Here I am giving you 5 methods to solve this issue in your iPhone take a look at them.
- Assistive Touch Home Button to The Screen.
- Recalibrate the Home Button.
- Firmware Restore on Your iPhone.
- Using Isopropyl Alcohol for Cleaning the Home Button.
- Using Charger to Press Against the Home Button.
How To Fix iPhone Home Button Not Working Issue?
Let’s get into the detail about each method to know how to fix this error and choose any of the below-mentioned methods and their steps carefully.
Fix #1. Assistive Touch Home Button To The Screen:
Well, iPhone is having so many hidden features for the benefit of the users. One of them is the Assistive Touch, which is designed by Apple for people who are facing difficulty in using the home button. So let’s get into the steps carefully to know how to add this feature in your iPhone.
Remember it is to be done before this issue. So if this issue occurs you can absolutely use this Assistive Touch option.
- The first step is to go to the settings, in that go to accessibility, in that click on touch, and then finally click on Assistive Touch.
- If you are using an older version of iOS the go-to settings>general>accessibility>Assistive Touch.
- Now in the Assistive Touch, make sure to toggle the switch to ON, after that you can see a transparent button on your phone.
- After that, if you click on the transparent button, you can see the menu option, in that click on the home option.
- Now you can drag and drop the transparent button all over your phone instead of using the home button. It works similarly to your home button.
Fix #2. Recalibrate The Home Button:
If your home button is not working in your phone then the best thing you could do is to recalibrate your home button as it can fix your home button in less time.
Do follow the below steps carefully in order to solve your home button issue in the least time.
- The first step is to launch the app which is available on your phone like weather, calendar, camera, clock, etc.
- After that press or hold the power button or sleep/wake until your phone displays a slide showing “power off”.
- Now don’t turn off your phone but press and hold the “power off” option up to 10 sec until the slide disappears and the app quits.
If your phone is still not working even after this process, make sure to repeat this process several types as so many people reported that their home button started working after 4 to 5 attempts.
- What is Service Host Local System High CPU on Windows 10
- Fix Automatically Detect Settings Keeps Getting Unchecked
- How to Bypass Error Code 267
Fix #3. Firmware Restore On Your iPhone:
Well, coming to this method this is not the quickest method when compared to others but once you complete the process it can easily fix this issue. Do follow the below steps carefully to solve the home button not working issue.
- Home button issue generally comes if there is a fault in the software or malware of your phone. We can fix this by restoring the device using DFU mode.
- While doing this process all your data will be lost. So, make sure that you have done a recent iPhone backup first.
- After that by using the Apple-certified USB cable connect your phone to the computer and if the screen stays blank then your phone is in DFU mode.
- Now you have to keep your device aside for more than 1 hour to complete the entire process as it rewrites all your firmware in your device.
If this method is still not working on your home button, then it is related to the hardware problem of your iPhone and there will be no software problem.
Fix #4. Using Isopropyl Alcohol For Cleaning The Home Button:
Sometimes your home button doesn’t work properly due to the clogging of your phone with some dirt and grime. So, this can cause a problem with your home button. Do follow the below steps carefully to solve this issue by using Isopropyl Alcohol.
- The first step you need to do is to start wiping your iPhone home button by using a microfiber cloth.
- If your home button is still not working then lightly dampen the cloth with 98-99 percent of isopropyl alcohol and then clean the home button as it evaporates in the air it doesn’t damage the internal components of your phone.
- Now rub the alcohol thoroughly on your home button by clicking on it and this will remove the dirt in your iPhone and then it will start working properly.
Fix #5. Using Charger to Press Against the Home Button:
Well, while using this method be careful and make sure that your phone’s internal parts are not getting damaged as your insert cable to the charger point by applying some pressure. Do follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- The first step is to insert the charging cable that came with your iPhone into the charging point.
- Now make sure to gently press on the backside of the connecter as you are pushing it towards the home button.
- After that make sure to maintain the pressure and simultaneously click on the home button several times.
If this method also still not fixing your iPhone home button, then you need to visit the store if none of the above methods are not working for you or you should replace the home button or replacement of the device as well.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Why is my home button of iPhone is not working?
Answer: Your iPhone may just need Calibrating and Restoring. This is the most common problem with the home button lagging and can be caused by a software flaw or just because your phone needs a reset.
- Question 2) Does Apple replace the home button?
Answer: No, Apple does not sell home buttons, however, they offer a service of installing a new home button and activating it with a given logic board.
- Question 3) Does Apple fix the home button for free?
Answer: If your iPhone is less than a year old, it might still be covered by Apple’s one-year warranty.
- Download Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed) Driver
- How to Fix IRQL Not Less Or Equal Valorant
- How to Get Windows 10 System Interrupts 100% CPU on Reddit
Finally, I can conclude that if your home button of the iPhone device is not working properly then you can follow the above-mentioned methods and their steps carefully. In addition to this, I have mentioned the reasons and necessity of fixing this error in the article. Go through the entire article for more information.
Well, if you found this article useful share this with your loved ones. Moreover, if you have any doubts regarding this article, please feel free to ask us in the comment section. For more information visit back to our site.
Thanks For Choosing OMGeeky.
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.