If you are facing IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, then read more to Fix IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error on Windows.
BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) is a common issue or error in Windows OS. A BSOD, also known as a stop error, arises when your system shuts down or resumes from anywhere because of various software or hardware problem. When updating the Windows system PC to the Windows 10 operating system, you will get the “IRQL Not Less Or Equal” error.
IRQL stands for Interrupt Request Level. If you see a “Bug code 0xA IRQL Not Less Or Equal error”, it means that a driver illegitimately accessed a memory location while NT is working at a particular IRQL. It is a severe driver coding error. If you are a creator, your code is trying to use an illegal memory location.
Hardware and software problems cause this error, and it stops the computer and shows some very vital details. The leading causes are faulty hardware, corrupt system files, old incompatible drivers, and many more. Based on the BSOD error, you will require suitable ways to identify and resolve it.
- How to Get System Interrupts 100% CPU When Opening Task Manager
- Methods to Fix iPhone Home Button Not Working
- Why Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 2022 Failed to Install 0xc1900101
- What is Chromecast App
Content Include on This Article
IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error – Main Causes:
- When the system file is corrupted, the main reason for system file corruption is a virus attack or malware infection of a Windows system file or a program file linked to the Windows OS.
- If parameter one is not more than 0x1000, the problem is potentially a NULL pointer differential when it is not downloaded correctly.
- When the CPU is beyond a particular temperature, the PC will instantly close down through BSOD to protect the CPU from damage.
- The driver is not companionable. After downloading the new hardware, its driver fights with the earlier driver, resulting in Blue Screen Of Death.
- There is a hardware issue. The latest installation or uninstallation of the app or software can cause registry damage.
- Windows upgraded or relegated installations may cause system files to be changed inappropriately and fights between various Windows versions.
Various Methods to Fix The IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error:
Method 1: Uninstall Problem Drivers:
- To apply the run box, you need to press Win + R at the same time.
- Then, you are required to mention the “devmgmt.MSC and hit on the “OK.” After that, the Device Manager window will launch.
- Under the Device Manager tab, search for the faulty driver. If your driver is having issues, then you will see the “IRQL Not Less Or Equal” error to the device name.
- After that, press on the device name and choose the “Uninstall” tab.
- If asked to verify uninstall, check the box “Uninstall the driver software for this device” and press the OK button.
- At last, start your device (PC or laptop) and evaluate to see if the BSOD is gone or not.
Method 2: Disable The Memory Caching:
Windows 10 operating system uses memory caching to provisionally save data in your PC’s main memory (RAM). Although this aspect is an effective method to access easily and quickly, it frequently prevents code IRQL Not Less Or Equal error. You may deactivate this feature to resolve the “IRQL Not Less Or Equal” error.
- The primary and essential point is to restart your PC and press on the F2 key to launch BIOS settings.
- Then, search the ‘Memory Caching’ aspect and deactivate it.
- Now, open your PC again & check if it solves the Blue Screen Of Death error.
Method 3: Check for Latest Updates and Run Driver Verifier:
- Firstly, go to the Start > Settings tab and hit on the “Update & Security” option.
- In the Update & Security tab, hit on the “Check for updates” available on the right side of the window.
- Now, mention the cmd code and find the best-coordinated one, and select Run as admin to precede it.
- Mention the verifier and hit on the “Enter” tab to precede it.
- Select “Create standard settings” and hit the “Next” tab to precede it.
- Choose “What Drivers To Confirm>Next>Finish.
- At last, you need to restart your PC, and then Windows will put extra pressure on your drivers to assist you in fixing the error.
- How Do I Fix Err_Connection_Reset
- Steps to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Chrome
- What is Service Host Sysmain High Disk Usage
Method 4: Run Hardware Diagnostic:
- Open the search bar and enter the “Memory Diagnostic” command, and press on it.
- Then, press on the “Diagnostic,” which will prompt you to restart the computer instantaneously or check on the next restart.
- Now, scan it, and it will display a list of tricky errors found at the time of scanning.
- Change all faulty hardware found in the scan and then reboot your computer.
Method 5: Uninstall Recently Installed Software:
If the IRQL (Interrupt Request Level) error occurred after downloading new software, it would show you that it is malware or a virus. A malware and a virus can give rise to BSOD and may cause many issues to the PC. One immediate solution is to uninstall or remove the currently installed software instantaneously.
- First, choose the Start>Setting>Apps on your device or check the location where you installed all the app or software.
- Now select “Sort by” and search for the latest installed apps on your computer.
- Finally, choose the latest software (which you think is a virus) and press the “Uninstall” button.
Method 6: System Restore:
- First, open the Run Box, mention the “rstrui.exe,” and hit the “OK” tab.
- Press “Next” when the system restores the window open on the screen.
- Now choose a “Restore Point” that was generated before this issue happened.
- Press on “Next” to follow the on-screen guide provided to you, and hit on “Finish the System Restore” button.
- Lastly, reboot your computer and check the IRQL Not Less Or Equal issue is still arises or not.
Compatible with the above methods systems
- Windows XP (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows 8 (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 (all editions)
- Windows 10 (all editions)
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) what are the reasons for IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error?
Answer) IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error causes system file corruption and hardware issues.
- Question 2) Does I fix this error permanently?
Answer) we can’t give any assurance permanently but you fix this error it may raise again if files are corrupted.
- Question 3) when solving this can I lose the data?
Answer) it depends on what type of method you are using to fix the error, in most methods we can’t lose data.
- What is Network Proxy Settings
- Why Roblox Mobile Disconnected
- How to Fix Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed) Touch Screen
When gaming or updating the system, you will receive some errors, and “DRIVER IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error” is one of them. IRQL Not Less or Equal issue is a common BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) error in computers or laptops, and it happens more often when Windows applicants try to update their PCs into the latest version. I hope the fixes above will help you solve the IRQL Not Less Or Equal blue screen error.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com