If you are facing IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal Error on your Windows 10, then follow these Working solutions to Fix IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal Error.
The code “IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal” error is another blue screen of expiry issues that suddenly switch off your PC. The Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem is widespread, mainly when gaming or superior performance is mandatory. This “IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal” issue means that something can be incorrect with a device driver, antivirus software, or your system’s memory.
Though it occurs at the time of booting, occasionally, it also happens in the middle when you busy in some necessary work. It occurs on all editions of Windows Operating System, from Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, 9, and 10. Depending on the reason for the BSOD issue, you will have suitable ways to identify and solve. There are many methods to fix this blue screen or “IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal” error.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Main Reasons for IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal Error:
- 2 Ways to Fix The “IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal” Error:
Main Reasons for IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal Error:
- Immoral system files
- Unsuited system drivers
- Defective hardware items
- Wrong software set-up
- Operating System corrupt
- A reduced Windows set-up
Ways to Fix The “IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal” Error:
Update System Drivers:
First, press on the “Windows + R” keys to launch the “Run Dialog Box.” Then, you have to mention “devmgmt.msc” and then press on the “Enter” button to open the “Device Manager” option.
- After that, choose a category to view system drivers.
- On the next page, press on the “Driver” tab and hit on the Update Driver>Find For Upgraded Driver Software.
- Then, check the drivers and then upgrade all the drivers.
- If you don’t search for the suitable “Driver,” then uninstall the unethical “Driver” to solve the problem.
- If this solution “Update System Driver” is not working, then use the next method (Windows 10 in Safe Method).
Windows 10 in Safe Method:
- First of all, you have to press the “Shift” button.
- Then, you have to go to the Windows Start menu>Power button.
- After hitting on the “Shift” button, then press on the “Restart” button.
- Now, choose it, and then continue it further by selecting the “Advanced” Options.
- On the next page, you are about to select the “Startup” Settings, and select Restart>Safe Mode button.
- At last, check whether the irql_not_less_or_equal issue seems with the Blue Screen of Death or not.
Uninstall Your Antivirus:
As per the Windows experts, McAfee and Zone’s Alarm are problematic. So, we suggest you uninstall them. Uninstall Your Antivirus will solve your issue. You can follow below mentions steps to uninstall the antivirus:
- First, press on the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys to start the “Task Manager” option.
- Find the “McAfee/Zone Alarm” option.
- Press on the app and choose “End Task” tab.
- In the search bar of Cortana, type in the control panel and press on the “Enter” button. Select Programs>Uninstall a program tab.
- Find “McAfee or Zone Alarm” and then press on it, now the IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal issue will resolve automatically.
Repair Corrupted Files:
- Like the starting of every other way, go to the “Start Menu of Windows” section.
- With the help of the find bar, you have to mention the “cmd” command.
- Then, hit on the Command Prompt>Run as Administrativeoption.
- Then, you have to enter the “SFC” option.
- After completing the process, you can start your Windows 10 computer again.
- Now, after opening the PC yet, check whether the irql_not_less_or_equal error seems or not.
Run Hardware Problem Solver:
- You need to press on the “Settings” option, which comes under the “Start menu” option.
- Now, press on the “Update & security” tab available on the Settings page to proceed.
- Then, hit on the Troubleshoot and select the Hardware and Devices tab.
- Then, hit on the “Run the troubleshooter” to continue.
- Now, wait some time for the PC to find the issues.
- After finishing the scanning procedure, if there is an issue, it will show on your screen. Then, please choose the problem you wish to fix.
Reset Your Computer:
If none of the above methods solve the error, then resetting the PC is your only choice. Restarting your computer and reinstall Windows while keeping your files secure. This solution will take a lot of time, so tolerance becomes a requirement. If it does not work, then you should reinstall your Operating System.
- First, press on the Start button. Then, select Settings> Update & Security option.
- Then press on the “Recovery” available on the menu option.
- Choose the “Get started” tab, and your PC will reset automatically.
- First, launch the “Command Prompt” by mentioning the “CMD” on the Windows find a bar and then press on the “Run As Administrator” tab.
- Then, enter the SFC/Scannow command and press on the “Enter” button.
- Wait for some time to finish the procedure. Then, at last, leave the Command Prompt and start the PC again.
Remove VPN Software:
Even older VPN software can be the cause behind this “IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal” issue. Now, you need to upgrade the VPN software and check the problem is fixed or not. If the error continues, then eliminate the software. You can delete the VPN software with the help of given points:
- First, launch the “Open Control Panel.”
- Then, search for “Programs and Features” and then press on the tab.
- Choose the option to delete the VPN and start your computer again.
Cool Down Your Computer:
- Your RAM, GPU, and CPU are ready to operate a particular temperature.
- Now, your PC will instantaneously shutdown via a BSOD to protect damage to the RAM, CPU, or GPU.
- Now, you have to cool down your computer at the time of cooling.
- The issue can occur with any device, comprising your gaming mouse and keyboard.
- You may also check your game folders by launching your Game Launcher > Settings > check game effects for many games.
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem is increasing day by day. Usually, this BSOD issue seems because the Windows system files are wrong, issues with the PC’s hardware, or the Driver. Though, in many cases, this problem is connected to the RAM (Random Access Memory). If you search for any other options that occur “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” problem and various methods to solve it, you can comment below.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com