If you want to Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015, when you are trying to connect your iPhone, iPad to iTunes on Windows PC/Mac, then you are in the right place to Fix iTunes Could not Connect to This iPhone an Unknown Error Occurred 0xe8000015.
Hai friends if you are an iDevice user and if you are facing iTunes errors code 0xe8000015, then this article is for you. I think most of the iPhone, iPad users when they are trying to connect their iDevices to Windows PC/Mac, they will get this error pop-up for sure sometimes. There are many reasons for getting these errors, Don’t bother about those reasons, here I will give you the reasons to get iTunes 0xe8000015 Error. Ok, let’s read more to know How to Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015.
- Note: Here in this article I am providing you almost more than 10 ways to Fix 0xe8000015 errors on iTunes. If one method is not working on your end to Fix this error, then try other methods which may help you to fix iTunes error 0xe8000015.
iTunes Could not Connect to This iPhone an Unknown Error Occurred 0xe8000015 is a common error for most of the iPhone users which occurred while they are trying to connect their iDevices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch to Windows PC/Mac OS X. As I said earlier this error may occur due to many reasons, don’t worry about those reasons, if you get this error, then you definitely have to fix it. Here in this article, I am going to provide you more than 10 methods. If one method won’t work for you, try the next method until the issue gets resolved.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix Error Code 0xe8000015 on iTunes:
- 2 How to Fix iTunes Could not Connect to This iPhone an Unknown Error Occurred 0xe8000015:
- 2.1 1. Updated Your iOS to the Latest:
- 2.2 2. Make Sure your iDevices Has Enough Free Space:
- 2.3 3. Restart your iDevices:
- 2.4 4. Fix Network Connection Problems:
- 2.5 5. Make sure the PC/Laptop USB port working or not:
- 2.6 6. Update your iTunes and Windows or Mac OS to the Latest Version:
- 2.7 7. Try with another Computer:
- 2.8 8. Factory Reset your iDevices
- 2.9 9. Disable Restrictions on iDevices:
- 2.10 10. Reset Lockdown Folder:
- 2.11 11. Re-Install Apple Mobile USB Driver
- 2.12 Frequently Asked Questions:
What is iTunes error code 0xe8000015?
Actually, when iDevice users trying to connect his iDevice to other OS platforms like Windows or Mac, they will face some sort of errors like Communication Errors, Security Software Errors, and USB Connection Errors, invalid response Errors, Hardware errors and much more. In that type of error iTunes Error 0xe8000015 is one type of which will occur while connection iDevices to Windows PC/Mac.
According to Apple, an unknown error or a “0xE” error always indicates that your iDevices which are iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch device connection is not recognized by the PC/Laptop or Mac. In that type of situation, you may face the iTunes Error 0xe8000015, when you are trying to connect iDevices to iTunes on Windows PC/Laptop or Mac Computers.
Things to check/do first:
Before going to Check methods to Fix iTunes Error Code 0xe8000015, please check the below steps to avoid getting this error. Sometimes you can fix error 0xe8000015 by simply following the below Check/Do List.
- Make Sure your internet connection is up and working.
- If you get “Trust this Computer pop-up” on your iDevices, unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and Tap ono Trust.
- Check whether your USB port is working perfectly or not. Always try to use the Apple USB Port to avoid these type of errors.
- Make sure no other USB Device is connected to the Computer while you are connecting your iDevices to your Windows PC or Mac Computer.
- When you are accessing iTunes, make sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is unlocked and open on the Home Screen.
Methods to Fix Error Code 0xe8000015 on iTunes:
- Update your iOS version to the Latest.
- Make sure your iDevice Has Enough Free Space
- Restart your iDevice
- Fix Network Connection Problems
- Make sure PC/Laptop USB port working or not
- Update your iTunes and Windows or Mac OS to the latest version
- Try with another Computer
- Factory Reset your iDevices
- Disable Restrictions on iDevices
- Reset Lockdown Folder
- Re-Install Apple Mobile USB Driver
How to Fix iTunes Could not Connect to This iPhone an Unknown Error Occurred 0xe8000015:
Here in this article, I am providing the fixing methods of iTunes errors with clear cut images. Don’t forget to follow each and every step to Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015.
1. Updated Your iOS to the Latest:
Sometimes you may face this error when your iOS version is not up to date. Because of Apple changes everything on their OS when they upgraded to the new OS versions. So your iOS version may not compatible with the iTunes when you are trying to connect your iDevices to Windows PC/Mac. To update your iOS version to the latest iOS versions just follow the below steps.
“Settings” >> “General Settings” >> “Software Update” >> Click on Download & Install option if any update is available.
- Note: While upgrading your iOS version to the latest make sure you have enough space to Download and Install New iOS.
2. Make Sure your iDevices Has Enough Free Space:
When you don’t have enough space while doing Installations of the apps, then you may face these types of iTunes Errors. In that situation, your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch Much need enough space to do Installations. In that type of situations, you need to free up more space on your iDevices by deleting some unimportant items. The best suggestion I can say is simply taking the backup of your files and delete them to free up the iDevice space.
Check iDevice Space: Go to “Settings” >> “General” > “iPhone Storage“.
3. Restart your iDevices:
Sometimes you can Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000015 by simply Restarting your iDevices. Because of most of the times, iDevices store some factory settings with them, when you are trying to perform new Installation process you may face errors. So simply Restart your iDevice to delete the running progressions on your iDevices. Restart your iDevices by following the below methods.
> iPhone 8 or Earlier iDevices: Press the Hold and Side button until the Slider appears >> When the Slider appears, then Drag the Slider from left to right to Turn Off your iDevices. Now wait for few seconds and again press and Hold the Side button until Apple Logo appears.
> iPhone X: Press and Hold Side button and either Volume Up button until the slider appears on iDevices. When Slider appears, then drag the slider form the left to right until iPhone X turns off. Now wait for few seconds again Press and Hold side button either Volume Up button until Apple Logo appears.
4. Fix Network Connection Problems:
When you are in the poor internet connection or your iDevice network connection is not good, then you may face iTunes Errors while you are trying to connect iDevice to iTunes. Most of the times, be in the range of the Wi-Fi area and select automatically connect option to connect automatically when you are in the Wifi range.
> Check Cellular Data Connections: Go to “Settings” >> “Mobile Data” >> Disable and after few seconds Enable Mobile Data.
> Check Wi-Fi Network Connections: Go to “Settings” >> “Wi-Fi” >> There check whether you are connected to the within the range of Wi-Fi network or not.
5. Make sure the PC/Laptop USB port working or not:
Sometimes your PC/Laptop USB ports may not work, then you must face iTunes errors, because of your iDevice doesn’t connect to the Windows PC/Laptop or Mac Computers. So before connection, your iDevices to the PC/Laptop, try other USB Drives to check whether USB ports are working or not. If USB ports are working perfectly well, then you never face these types of errors.
6. Update your iTunes and Windows or Mac OS to the Latest Version:
Most of the Times older versions of iTunes and Windows or Mac OS X have bugs, so when you are trying to connect your updated iDevices to those older versions of iTunes and Windows or Mac OS X, then you will definitely face iTunes Errors. So follow the below steps to Upgrade your iTunes and Windows or Mac OS X to the latest versions.
- Update iTunes on Windows: Open iTunes and then navigate to the “iTunes Menu Bar” and “select Help” option >> and “Check for the Updates” if have any, then Update iTunes by following the on-screen instructions.
- Update iTunes on Mac: Open the App Store in the Mac and there check for the updates. If have any, then Click on Updates to update iTunes by following the on-screen Installation instructions.
I think sometimes upgrading iTunes to the latest versions will definitely fix the iTunes Error 0xe8000015 on Windows PC/Mac.
- Update Windows OS: Sometimes Windows has some updating issues, in those updates, they will fix some bugs, that will help you to avoid this error. Simply follow to updates Windows Updates.
“Control Panel” >> “System” >> “Security” >> “Click on Windows Update“, if any updates available.
- Update Mac OS: Open “Main Menu Bar” >> “Click Apple icon” >> “Software Update“. If have any updates, then Click on updates and start updating. You can also check automatically option to Install Mac OS updates automatically in future.
7. Try with another Computer:
Maybe sometimes your Computer drivers and your third-party Softwares which are available on the Computers may conflict with the iTunes, in that type of situations try with another computer and give authorization of iTunes to that computer.
- Open iTunes on Windows or Mac.
- Connect iDevices to Windows or Mac using the USB Cable.
- Again open iTunes and in menu bar choose “Account” >> “Authorizations” > “Authorize This Computer“.
- Now Enter your Apple ID and Password to allow Authorization.
8. Factory Reset your iDevices
I think whenever you are facing errors on your iDevices, Factory Reset is the only method which will definitely help you to Fix those errors. So Factory Reset or Hard Reset commonly Fixes iTunes errors. Before going to do Factory Reset make sure you have taken the backup of your iDevice on iCloud or some other storage places. This Factory Reset main purpose is to make the iPhone to new iPhone by deleting the entire stored data in it.
- To perform Factory Reset: Go to “Settings” >> “General” >> “Reset” >> “Erase All Content and Settings“.
9. Disable Restrictions on iDevices:
Sometimes you may get iTunes Error 0xe8000015 because of you are restricting your iPhone inaccessible to iTunes by enabling restrictions on your iPhone. When you enable restriction on your iDevices, then it may prevent some of the content, apps, and features from other authorizations. You can disable those restrictions until your work is done. So follow the below steps to deactivate the restrictions to access iTunes.
- Disable Restrictions on iPhone: “Settings” >> “General” >> “Restrictions” >> Disable Restrictions and enter in your passcode.
10. Reset Lockdown Folder:
I think this method is very complex compared to the other methods, so try to read each and every step, then only you can understand what I am saying, then only you can fix this error.
Sometimes you can’t expect where the problem is occurring, because, we can’t get access to some of the folders on the iPhone. So iTunes may not recognize your iPhone because the problem is may in its lockdown folder. I think LockDown folder on your Computer contains iTunes Temp Data which may corrupt and resulting iTunes error. So by deleting that LockDown folder from your computer may fix iTunes error 0xe8000015. Follow the below steps to delete lockdown folder on Windows and Mac OS X.
Delete Lockdown Folder on Windows:
- First of all sign in to your PC/Laptop as administrator.
- Now navigate to the Start button and Click on Run.
- When Click on Run you will one pop-up, there type %ProgramData%, and Press Enter.
- Now you will automatically navigate to the program data application, there Double Click on the Apple Folder.
- On that Apple Folder Select LockDown Folder and delete it.
Delete LockDown Folder on Mac:
- Navigate to the Finder Follow Go >> Go to Folder >> Type /var/db/lockdown
- After typing the above given address simply press enter.
- Select the files and move to the trash.
Note: Here in Mac don’t delete the LockDown Folder, only the delete the files which are available in the LockDown Folder.
11. Re-Install Apple Mobile USB Driver
Ya, USB Ports are the only reason when we get not connecting issues. Some we can fix any iTunes Errors by simply Re-Installing Apple Mobile Device USB driver. You can re-install USB drivers bu different ways depending upon where you downloaded it, means whether from Apple or Microsoft store.
If you Downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store, then follow the below steps:
>> Step 1) First of all Disconnect your iDevices from your PC/Laptop.
>> Step 2) Now reconnect your iDevices to PC/Laptop.
- Note: Here close iTunes if it is automatically opened.
>> Step 3) Here Click on the Start Button on Windows and Select the Device Manager option.
>> Step 4) On the Device manager Find and expand the Portable Devices option.
>> Step 5) When you see your iPhone, then Right Click on your iPhone and Choose Update Driver option.
>> Step 6) Now Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
>> Step 7) After completing the Driver updates navigate to the Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update, there check whether they are other updates available or not.
>> Step 8) Now Run iTunes to check whether you are facing 0xe8000015 error or not.
If you Downloaded iTunes from the Apple, then follow the below steps:
>> Step 1) First of all Disconnect your iDevices from the PC/Laptop.
>> Step 2) Now again Connect your iDevices to your PC/Laptop.
- Note: Close iTunes if it is automatically opened.
>> Step 3) Press the key combination (Windows + R) to open the Run command.
>> Step 4) Here Enter %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and Click on OK.
>> Step 5) Now right click on usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf files and choose the Install option.
- Note: Make sure that file name extension with .inf
>> Step 6) Disconnect your iDevices from your PC/Laptop and restart your PC/Laptop.
>> Step 7) Finally, Reconnect your iDevice to PC/Laptop and Run iTunes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1) Can I fix other iTunes errors using the above methods?
Answer: Yes, sometimes you can fix other errors also.
Question 2) Do I need to upgrade my iOS versions to not to get these errors?
Answer: If you upgrade your iOS versions to the latest then you will not face any types of iTunes errors.
Question 3) Do I need to change the USB port of my iDevices?
Answer: If sometimes your iDevice USB is not working, then you have to change your USB port also.
That’s it, friends, I think whatever the methods which I provided above to Fix iTunes 0xe8000015 errors are working on your end too. Most of the methods are working well on my end When I am trying to fix this error on my iTunes. If you get benefited from this article, then share this article with your friends and family to those who are facing this type of iTunes errors.
This article mainly concludes you How to Fix iTunes Errors which are occurring on Windows PC or Mac OS X. If you face any further errors while following the above methods, then share your query with me, I will try my level best to give you a better solution for your query. If you know any other method which I didn’t mention here, then share your method with us, that will benefit our users too.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates visit back to omgeeky.com