If you are facing iTunes Won’t Recognize Your Device Problem while Connecting your iDevices to iTunes with USB Cable, then read more to Fix it.
Your device does not recognize by iTunes connected by USB to Your computer. These issues will happen for various reasons, we can fix those by using methods in this article.
If you plugged an iPhone into a computer and iTunes does not recognize your iPhone,iPod, or iPad. there are various reasons the iTunes app not detecting your iPhone.There may be issues with your iTunes, computer, iPhone, or connection. Let’s read more to know How to Fix iTunes Won’t Recognize Your Device problem.
Note: Apple Music is replaced iTunes.the following troubleshooting steps to iTunes and Apple music are the same.
Whenever iTunes not recognizing iPhone connections you will get a cryptic 0xE error. To fix that error you can follow this article we are explaining why iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone and methods to how to fix the issues.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to fix iTunes does not recognize your device
- 1.1 Method 1: Restart computer and iPhone
- 1.2 Method 2: Check the Connection
- 1.3 Method 3: Uninstall iTunes and Reinstall iTunes
- 1.4 Method 4: Temporarily Disable Security Software
- 1.5 Method 5: Update iTunes Application
- 1.6 Method 6: Update Operating System Software
- 1.7 Method 7: Make sure to tap Trust this Computer
- 1.8 FAQ’s
- 1.9 Related posts:
What is iTunes Application?
iTunes is an Apple entertainment application, to store all your music, movies, tv shows, and help to Backup. To enjoy iTunes on your device, you need to make a connection between iPhone and computer through USB then Apple lets sync iTunes on your computer.
Causes of iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone?
There are a few reasons why iTunes doesn’t recognize an iPhone.There may be a connection issue such a USB cable damage or USB port on the computer may fail or software issues of iTunes or iPhone or your computer. The methods below will show you how to fix the problem when iTunes won’t recognize your iPhone.
Features of iTunes
- New interface.
- iCloud integration.
- Up Next.
- New Mini Player.
- Better Search.
Methods to fix iTunes does not recognize your device
Method 1: Restart computer and iPhone
If you turn on your iPhone and computer and do your work after finishing off your you finally you turn them off. In that time so many actions can run and execute on your devices, sometimes these processes negatively affect your devices it may result in this error occur.
These types of errors can fix by simply restart your computer and iPhone.
Restart an iPhone
To restart your iPhone press and hold down the power button, drag the slider, and turn off your iPhone. To turn on your iPhone press and hold down the power button. Most of the time you can Fix iTunes Won’t Recognize Your Device problem by simply Restart your iPhone.
Restart a computer
On every computer, you can restart your computer by clicking on the power option and choose restart to restart your computer, another way to restart your computer is to press alt+f4 and choose the option to restart your computer then click on ok or press enter.
Method 2: Check the Connection
If iTunes does not recognize your device may be connection method between iPhone and computer is an issue. You need to make sure all about establishing a connection is working or not.
- Firstly you need to check the cable port on your iPhone.if there is any dust or damage in it you need to take proper action to clean or repair the damaged port.
- The second thing you will need to check USB port of your computer again check the port it may get dust or damaged
- Now you need to check the USB cable to ensure it works or not. A damaged cable will not detect your iPhone.if your cable is faulty replace it with an apple original one.
Method 3: Uninstall iTunes and Reinstall iTunes
If you face still this error to detect your device, there may be a chance of an issue with the iTunes app on your computer. To fix this issue uninstall the iTunes application from your computer and then again reinstall it. by this method, you can fix errors, and it will not take so much time to do this method.
Steps to uninstall and reinstall iTunes on your computer
- If your computer is windows, open the settings from the search bar or start menu.
- After opening the settings find and click on the App&programs to uninstall iTunes.
- Now, select iTunes from the list of applications, click on it and select uninstall and click on it.
- If you using Mac, drag the iTunes Application from the Application folder over Trash in your Dock.
- After successful uninstallation of iTunes Application now reinstall it download the iTunes from website or apple store on your computer.
Method 4: Temporarily Disable Security Software
The function of security software on your computer is to keep your computer secure from any viruses and threats. some times those antivirus software detect good apps like virus apps if the security system recognizes iTunes as bad apps so your computer not recognized iTunes. To fix this issue you need to do disable your security software.
Method 5: Update iTunes Application
If you’re using Mac, click the Apple icon on the screen, then select system preferences now on the screen select software update. This will check for the updates of OS and also update of iTunes Application.
If you’re using windows you can update iTunes in Two ways which depend on how you installed the iTunes application such as from the Apple website or Microsoft store.
- The iTunes app is downloaded through the Apple website .open the menu bar and select Help and then click Check for Updates if update available then update iTunes.
- If you used the Microsoft store it always checks for updates automatically.
- you can also check the manual by opening the Microsoft Store App.
- open the menu and select the Downloads and Updates then get updates now update iTunes.
Method 6: Update Operating System Software
If you using a windows system then follow the below steps to update the software.
- First in the search box type update and then it will show a list of options related to updating.
- Then select Windows Update or Check for Updates and click on it.
- Now, wait some time it will check the updates, and if updates are available click on install updates.
Method 7: Make sure to tap Trust this Computer
If you connecting your iPhone to your computer for the first time. Your iPhone screen show Trust This Computer alert, then you need to tap on Trust.
If you accidentally taped on Don’t Trust your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone on iTunes.then fix this error Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. Once you connect your iPhone, you’ll see the pop-up again.
- Question 1) What are the reasons for doesn’t recognize your device?
Answer: There are various reasons for not detecting your iPhone or iPod or iPad on your Mac or windows. that are provided in the article go through it to know.
- Question 2) If I accidentally click on don’t trust how to trust Now?
Answer: Go to setting and reset your privacy and location now again connect your device to the computer it will again show pop up to trust then click on trust.
- Question 3) If I restart my device then will get any issues?
Answer: No, restarting your device will try to solve issues in your device and increases system performance.
some iPhone,iPad, or iPod users face that iTunes is not recognizing my iPhone and there are various reasons. If you cannot fix the issue on your own, the above article will help you get the issue resolved using various methods and causes of this error also provided in this article. It shows methods for multiple platforms so you are covered no matter the platform.
I think after reading the whole article you can easily Fix iTunes Won’t Recognize Your Device problem and you can easily reconnect iTunes to your iDevice.
Thanks for choosing OMGeeky
My Self Pardhu, I am an Editor and Author at OMGeeky. Actually, I am a tech enthusiast who always wants to share tech-related topics with my users. Apart from that I Love traveling, I like sports, am a good listener, building emotions, team player, a photographer, bike racing, driven by values, I am a graduate, hill trekking.