If you are facing the Kernel Security Check Failure issue on windows, then read more to know Working Methods to Fix Kernel Security Check Failure.
People had an unnecessary panic when they faced the kernel security check error. Many Windows 10 users upgrade their operating system when they complain of these errors. The importance of windows diagnostic tools is that it helps for quick memory diagnostic tool discovery in the memory space of your system and it might be the main reason for kernel error.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Easy Method for fixing the Windows Stop Code
- 1.1 Fix#1. Device Manager Driver Updation:
- 1.2 Fix#2. Makes the Windows Updation:
- 1.3 Fix#3. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool:
- 1.4 Fix#4. Hardware Errors Fixation:
- 1.5 Fix#5. Boot Your Windows into Safe Mode:
- 1.6 Fix#6. Scanning Your Hard Disk:
- 1.7 Fix#7. Viruses:
- 1.8 Fix#8. Run File Checker:
- 1.9 Fix#9. Reset Your Computer:
- 1.10 Fix#10. Uninstall A Third-Party Anti-Virus:
- 1.11 Fix#11. Roll Back To Previous Version Of Windows:
- 1.12 Fix#12. Create a bootable drive for plugging your computer and make the following steps:
- 1.13 Related posts:
What factors make Kernel Security Check Failure?
The incompatibility is caused by the kernel security check failure and it occurred between the drivers which are in use in the previous version. This method is worked in windows 8 only and it is not well worked in windows 10. It includes some of the other causes such as memory problems, security programs, virus infection, damaged hard disk, and corrupted windows files.
Reasons For Getting This Error:
Well, below are some of the reasons that depict why we are getting this error make sure to follow them before going into the methods.
- This error might occur due to some memory problems in your PC.
- If you are using outdated drivers then you will face this error.
- Any type of viruses in your PC will cause this error.
- If you are windows files are corrupted then there are high chances to get this error.
- Sometimes the security programs in your PC might also cause this type of errors.
- You will face this kernel error if you are having a corrupted hard disk on your PC.
Easy Method for fixing the Windows Stop Code
There are several methods available for rectifying the kernel security error. But most common methods are mentioned below:
Fix#1. Device Manager Driver Updation:
- Visit all the driver’s devices that need the windows update. After that process then makes the right-click and make the list that appears and select the updated driver.
- Check your pc and drivers are updated or not. If it is not updated then make a driver.
Fix#2. Makes the Windows Updation:
- Microsoft windows introduced the windows new updates and it is very essential for all windows users. And it displays all the latest updates. Interested users can easily update their windows more efficiently.
- Press “Win+I” on your keyboard. After this process then goes to the settings icon on your bottom display. Then press the update and security button.
- There are other alternative options present in the display. The simple process is just to search the windows updation of your finding tab and it displays all related updates then we easily pick the specified process.
Fix#3. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool:
Steps for Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Usage
- On your right corner, there are windows memory diagnostic options available. Press this option and make the right click on it then give the “run as administrator”.
- Furthermore, the other shortcut is pressing the “windows” and “R” keys simultaneously. In the “Run” box make the instruction for mdsched.exe and hit the enter button.
- It asks the system to restart the process and presses the ok button and makes your system restart the process.
- This process is helpful for understanding which factor is mainly responsible for kernel security failure and it clearly displayed the options.
- Restart the system normally and check if the error has disappeared or not.
Fix#4. Hardware Errors Fixation:
Another measure is to check any errors in your hard drives. We check it is properly running or correctly fixed on the system. If we had another hard drive then we are advised to change the correct one using a spare one. Moreover, if your system starts correctly, then the error has occurred in the previous hard drive.
- Once you experience this error then make other causes for this solution.
- Restore Point Usage in Kernel Security Check Failure
Fix#5. Boot Your Windows into Safe Mode:
Safe mode is necessary for all booting windows operating systems. If there are no issues on your safe mode, then it declares that the application is the culprit of these errors. Then we need to enable the application and figure out the problem for un-installation.
Fix#6. Scanning Your Hard Disk:
Make the scanning on your hard disk inconsistencies and errors by using the disk tool. The redesigned process has recently occurred in windows 8 and 10 is an operating system with the help of detecting any problems in your hard drive. Windows 8 had the new type of ReFS file system and it doesn’t need the “chkdsk” offline tool for repairing your problems. Since different models are used for the file system resiliency and this checking process is not needed. But it depends upon the user’s wish and we make the manual scan. Furthermore, we need to do the run command in “chkdsk/f c:” in your command prompt. Restart the system if needed.
Some people are not able to identify the problem then we need to check the ransomware. Install the windows latest update and run the antivirus software. In case there are any viruses we get then take the necessary actions on your computer. And the kernel security displays the BSoD and we don’t make the intimation on it. This error occurred by many factors such as viruses, hard disk failures, and driver incompatibilities.
Fix#8. Run File Checker:
- Run the System File Checker which is called the SFC utilization. Furthermore, ensures the whole system and makes the scanning in the system.
- Go to the search box and locate the top right on the windows desktop. And type the “cmd” in the left-clicking.
- Open the administrator “command Prompt.
- Click the “yes” button for the decision confirmation to make the changes for your system.
- Once we launch the input command as “sfc/scannow” and then press the “enter” button for the execution command.
- People might have the patient finish the scanning process. Once done the process then press the “exit” and “enter” buttons again.
- Perform a clean process and install it in windows 10.
Fix#9. Reset Your Computer:
Well, if none of the above methods are helping you to fix the kernel security check failure then you can simply reset your computer so that all the applications will be restarted again. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is to simultaneously press Windows + X keys and then go to the settings option.
- In the settings options, click on the update and Security option and then click on the recovery option.
- Now, in the recovery option, you can see “reset this pc” on the right side in that click on the get started option.
- After that, a dialogue box appears on the screen asking you whether to keep files or remove everything. You can choose any of the options and then windows start resetting the PC.
Fix#10. Uninstall A Third-Party Anti-Virus:
If you are still getting this error then there might be some error in your anti-virus software. So, make sure that you need to uninstall the anti-virus. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first thing you need to do is to press Windows + X keys simultaneously and then go to the settings option.
- Now, in the settings option, go to the Apps option and then choose apps and features in the sub-menu.
- After clicking on that you have to scroll down the bar until you see your anti-virus and then click on uninstall.
- Finally, restart your PC and check whether you are getting this error or not.
Fix#11. Roll Back To Previous Version Of Windows:
Well, when nothing seems to be working for you then the last thing you could do is to roll back to the previous version of your windows. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is to go to the settings option which is at the start menu on your PC.
- After opening the settings options, make sure to click on the update and security option from all the available options.
- Now in that choose the recovery options, in that you can see go back to the previous version of Windows 10 make sure to click on the get started tab.
- After that you will be prompted with some questions on the screen, make sure that click the right option and click on next.
- Finally, you can see the option go back to an earlier build, and make sure to click on that option and you will be redirected to the older version.
Fix#12. Create a bootable drive for plugging your computer and make the following steps:
Choose the install now option. Skip the product key when we make the reinstallation. Ensure the selected exact version on windows. Then it tries to clarify all the errors. Make the boot process in your computer which helps to switch the system into safe mode. Select the control panel in the “Start” menu. And it displays the list of items and pressed the “recovery” option. Then select and create the “System Restore” option.
If your windows are perfectly working then pick the restore point. There are more options present in the windows restore option. Make the scanning on the affected programs it surely displays all affected files on your system. Then delete these unnecessary files. Confirm your decision on the system restores then press the “finish” button.
- What causes kernel security check failure?
The Kernel Security Check Failure can be caused by the installed software conflicts. In addition to that, if your computer has memory problems, virus infection, driver incompatibility or outdated issues, corrupted Windows system files, and hard disk errors, you can get the stop code Kernel Security Check Failure.
- Is kernel security check failure a virus?
Kernel Security Check Failure is not a virus in itself, it is an error message that Windows 10 displays on the screen when certain data files are corrupted.
- Can overlocking cause kernel security errors?
Kernel security check failure is also caused by overclocking. If you have recently overclocked your Pc, revert the settings and also remove the related software.
Finally, we can conclude that kernel security check failure occurs for various reasons so we have mentioned the best possible 12 methods to solve this error. You can choose any of the methods which is best suitable to your device. go through the entire article for more information. If you have any doubts regarding this article feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it to your loved ones.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.