If your Laptop is not charging while plugged in, then read more to know How to Fix Laptop Is Plugged In But Not Charging.
Hello! Everyone, I am so happy to invite you to this article, I think your laptop is not properly charged or it is plugged in but not charging if you are facing this issue and searching for the solution for this for that type of people this article is the best reference.
In this article we are ready to discuss the methods to fix the laptop is plugged in but not charging issue and also tell the reasons behind the issue.
Content Include on This Article
Reasons behind the Laptop Is Plugged In But Not Charging Issue
The main reason behind the laptop being plugged in but not charging issue is
- Faulty or damaged battery
- Lack of update of Battery Drivers
- Sometimes the network connection is not proper
- Apps consume high resources.
- Due to a damaged adapter or cord
- Changes in the power settings
Methods to Fix the Laptop Is Plugged In But Not Charging Issue
Here in this article, we are discussing the methods to fix the laptop is plugged in but not charging issue
- Remove the Battery
- Update the Battery Drivers
- Double-check the connection
- Check the Power & Sleep Settings
- Decrease the usage of resources
Method #1: Remove the Battery
Sometimes the laptop is plugged in but not charging issue is due to faulty batteries or the batteries are damaged, most of the time we are facing this issue due to faulty and damaged batteries, here we are discussing the steps to remove the battery.
If the user laptop has a removable battery then you must follow the below simple steps in order to fix the issue.
- First of all, you must remove any bolts or screws and then remove the battery.
- Then press and hold down the Power button almost for 10-15 seconds.
- Now you must plug in the charger
- Next Power On the PC
- You can also reinstall the battery with a new one.
Check the laptop if it properly works or not, if not then jump to another method
Method #2: Update the Battery Drivers
If you are using any device make sure you must update the system as well as drivers to avoid system errors and installation errors, updating the drivers will help to boost up the system performance with the latest features,
If you check the battery but do not notice any physical damage then you must update the battery drivers to fix the issue.
Below we are providing the steps to update the Windows 10 laptop’s battery drivers.
- First of all, you must press Windows +R Keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Run Utility.
- Then enter devmgmt. msc and hit OK and it opens the Device Manager on a separate window.
- Now you must enlarge the Batteries category.
- Next right-click on the Microsoft AC Adapter and then select Update driver that is available on the contextual menu.
- You must follow some instructions that are displayed on the screen
- After that, you need to repeat the update process for the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery that is shown.
- Once the update is completed then restart the laptop and check whether the laptop is properly charging or not.
Method #3: Double-check the connection
The user must remember one thing before going to do any process initially you must check the connection, whether the laptop is properly plugged into a charger or not, simply double-check the connection, if the connection is good then only you are facing the issue then try another method to solve the issue.
Method #4: Check the Power & Sleep Settings
One of the effective methods to solve the Laptop Is Plugged In but not charging, just check the Power & Sleep settings, in case any modifications are held due to any reasons, follow the below simple steps in order to fix the issue.
- Press the Windows +I keys on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Then choose System.
- Now move to the Power & Sleep category.
- Next, select the Additional Power Settings below the Related Settings.
- After that click on Change plan settings.
- You can notice the right settings.
- If you want to make any changes in the settings, simply tap on Save changes.
In case the user is using the Mac then don’t worry you can easily check the power & sleep settings same on a Mac device.
- Initially, on Mac, click on the Apple menu icon.
- Then select System Preferences.
- In that tap on Energy Saver.
- Now you must apply the necessary settings.
Method 5: Decrease the Usage of resources
In some cases, the charger is not sufficient or not powerful to give support the device’s power usage, in this type of situation the user can get the more powerful charger or simply decrease the usage of the resources, for that the user must follow some simple steps, just disable/ turn off the unwanted startup applications and randomly end the tasks that consume a large number of resources.
Follow the below simple steps in order to manage and decrease the usage of resources
- Launch the Task Manager, you must use the following ways to open it
The user must right-click on the taskbar and select the Task Manager that is available on the context menu
Or else simply press the Ctrl+Alt+Esc keys on the keyboard.
- Whenever the Task Manager is opened on the compact view then select the More details option that is shown on the left side bottom of the window.
- The user must go to the default Processes tab, then the user can find the processes that have more influence on the resources, if you want to close them simply right-click on the app and choose the End Task option that is shown on the context menu.
- Next move to the Startup tab that is located on the top of the Task Manager window, where you can notice all the applications that begin with the launch of a computer.
- After that, the user must tap on the app which does not have the Microsoft Corporation that is declared on the Publisher column.
- The user can also check the Start-up impact column to select the applications which are having high impact measurement.
- Next tap on the Disable button that is located on the right side bottom of the window, you must change the status of the application to Disabled.
You must repeat the same steps for a non-Microsoft app that doesn’t require the startup then you must restart the computer and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How can I double-check my Charger?
Answer: You can check the battery in three ways one is checking the physical damage, checking the connector, and finally checking the overheat.
Sometimes the issue is solved by changing or replacing the charger or the cable can fix the issue
Check the physical damage:
Sometimes the charger cable and the power adapter both are susceptibilities damaged like tearing, burnout, breaks, and shorts, suppose the user can see any type of sort then just do replace the affected part to see whether the charging issue is solved not.
Check the connector:
Remember the connector must have a hard or tight connection with the laptop’s charging plug, any spread of dirt particles will lead to cause the issues in the connection,
Check the overheating:
Laptops that are not having a cooling system overheat is due to heavy usage, because of this the battery sensors are misfired, display wrong values, if you found any heat while using the device then overheating is the reason behind the issue.
- Question 2) Is It possible to Charge the Laptop with a USB C?
Answer: Suppose the laptop comes with an inbuilt USB-C port then the user must charge the laptop through the USB-Cable, this is applicable only whenever the laptop has the inbuilt USB-C port, the cable must have the plug adapter, usually, the box-shaped plug is shown on the end of the phone charger, now you must plug it in another outlet. Most of the laptops use the USB-C cable as a primary charger for laptops.
This article clearly discusses the fixing methods to fix the Laptop that Is plugged in but not charging issue and also explains the reasons behind the issue.
For people who are searching for methods to solve the issue and also want to know the reasons behind the issue for that type of person, this article is the best reference to know.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky