Very warm welcome geeks. Today I am going to discuss one topic that some of the Mac users are facing. Well, when you are rebooting your Mac, you can see a white screen or it won’t start. Which makes us feel very uncomfortable. At that time, you can’t do anything except seeing the white screen. Sometimes it won’t start again. So, if you are one of them who are looking for how to fix the Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start issue then you are absolutely in right place. Go through the entire article for more information.
This Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start issue generally occurs after an operating system update. The reason behind this may be any outdated drivers or older Mac versions. So, in this article, I am going to provide you with the best possible methods to fix the Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start the issue. You can try them easily with your Mac device. So, without any further delay let’s get started.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Fix Mac White Screen Issue Or Mac Won’t Start Issue:
- 1.1 #1. Remove Any Connected Peripherals:
- 1.2 #2. Check Your Display:
- 1.3 #3. Perform A Power Cycle:
- 1.4 #4. Run Your Mac In Safe Mode:
- 1.5 #5. Use Disk Utility In Recovery Mode:
- 1.6 #6. Reset NVRAM or PRAM:
- 1.7 #7. Reset SMC:
- 1.8 #8. Check The File System:
- 1.9 #9. Use Target Disk Mode:
- 1.10 #10. Make A Disk Image Backup:
- 1.11 #11. Run Apple Diagnostics:
- 1.12 #12. Reinstall macOS:
- 1.13 Conclusion:
- 1.14 Related posts:
Why My Mac Struck On White Screen?
Well, Apple products are one of the best reliable devices. In those Mac is also one. But sometimes your Mac encounters some problems like a white screen issue after updating your operating system.
the reason behind this issue is whether you are having any outdated or problematic drivers. Or else maybe some applications have failed to update. This can be easily fixed with our own hands. So now let us see some of the methods which help you to fix this issue.
Methods To Fix Mac White Screen Issue Or Mac Won’t Start Issue:
Here I am providing you the best possible 12 methods to fix the Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start issue. You can choose any of the methods which are best suitable for your device. Let’s get into detail.
#1. Remove Any Connected Peripherals:
In your Mac device the keyboard, the mouse, and some external peripherals are connected. Make sure to disconnect them and then reboot the Mac. Now wait for some time and then connect all the peripherals and check whether the Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start fixed or not.
Sometimes your Mac trackpad pointer will get slippery and jumpy. This might be due to some battery issues. Make sure to check your battery content. In addition to this, sometimes rings, jewelry on your hand might also cause this issue.
Furthermore, if your hands are damp or sweaty then you might face this Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start issue is fixed or not.
#2. Check Your Display:
Sometimes after rebooting process your Mac device won’t turn on or shows a white screen due to a display problem. So, make sure to check your display. Do follow this checklist.
- The first thing you need to check is the proper power supply to your Mac.
- Other than Mac and Monitor make sure to remove all other external connectors.
- Try to use a single monitor and disconnect all other connected monitors.
- Make sure to check that all the cables are connected properly or not.
- If none of the above works then try to use different displays or adapters like VGA.
#3. Perform A Power Cycle:
If you are facing this white screen issue on your Mac then there might be any power issue. So do follow the below steps to run a power cycle.
- If you are using MacBook then press the power button and wait for some time. After ten seconds it will restart again.
- Well, if you are using a Mac desktop you need to cut the power and then again plug the connection and it restarts again.
- For m1 Macs then you need simply press the power button for some time and the loading startup options will be displayed. So that you can restart again.
#4. Run Your Mac In Safe Mode:
Well, running your Mac in safe mode might fix this white screen issue or Mac won’t start the issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- Hold the power button until you hear a sound and then press the shift key on your Mac.
- Now you can see the Apple logo on the screen and now you can release the shift key.
- Once your Mac ran into the safe mode now go to the Applications folder and uninstall the apps that you are not using.
- After completion now makes sure to restart your Mac.
#5. Use Disk Utility In Recovery Mode:
As previously mentioned, sometimes faulty drivers might also cause this Mac issue. So do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to restart your Mac and press Command and R Keys simultaneously.
- Now once you have seen the Apple logo release the keys.
- Then operating system utility menu will appear on your screen. Make sure to click on the disk utility option.
- Now make sure to repair the problematic drive and click on the first aid option.
- After that, the disk utility will repair the drive and now you can check whether the issue is fixed or not.
#6. Reset NVRAM or PRAM:
To fix any type of issues in Mac resetting NVRAM is the best choice. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to shut down the Mac and wait for around 30 seconds.
- After that power on the Mac and once you have seen the Apple logo. Press Command + P+ R keys.
- Hold the keys for 20 seconds and you can see the startup sound.
- Finally, your Mac boots up normally.
#7. Reset SMC:
One of the ideal solutions to fix the Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start is to reset SMC. Do follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
Here you need to check whether your battery is removable or not removable. Then you can proceed with the below-mentioned steps.
For Non-Removable Battery At Mac OS:
- The first step that you need to do is click on the Apple menu and then shut down your Mac system.
- Once it is shut down click the +shift+ control option along with the power button simultaneously.
- Now release the keys after 10 seconds, now turn on your Mac by pressing the power button.
For Removable Battery At Mac OS:
- The first step you need to do is to shut down your Mac system and then remove the Mac battery.
- Now make sure to hold the power button for around 5 seconds.
- Carefully insert the battery and then turn on your Mac by pressing the power button.
By these methods, you can reset SMC on Mac. Finally, you can check whether Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start is working or not.
#8. Check The File System:
Do follow the below steps carefully to check the file system in your Mac.
- Shut down your Mac and then start it again and hold command and S keys to launch the single-user mode.
- Now a command line appears on the screen and type fsck-fy command and wait for some minutes.
- After some checks, you will get two messages which are OK and FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED.
- If you see the first message then type reboot and return.
- Or else second message then you need to again type the command and then return.
#9. Use Target Disk Mode:
For this method, you will need two Mac devices one is working and the other is a problematic Mac. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to connect both the Macs using Apple thunderbolt or using firewire cables.
- Now switch off your Mac and again turn it on by pressing the T button on the keyboard.
- When you see the thunderbolt icon on your screen now you can release the T button.
- By this process, Your Mac device will get entered into target disk mode.
#10. Make A Disk Image Backup:
Well, if you are facing this Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start issue then do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need is to enter into the disk utility option.
- In the disk, utility option make sure to go to file>new image> image from your HD’s Name.
- Now enter a name to the disk image and then save it in the external drive.
- Then go to the Format menu and then choose the read/write option to add the disk image.
- Finally, click on save and then tap on the done option.
#11. Run Apple Diagnostics:
Do follow the below steps to run the apple diagnostics on your Mac.
- First thing is to disconnect all the external devices and make sure to shut down the Mac.
- Now turn on the Mac by holding the D key on the keyboard.
- Then you can see asking language selection on your screen. At that time release the key.
- After that, Apple diagnostics will get started. Wait for some time.
#12. Reinstall macOS:
If none of the above solutions are working for you then the last thing you could do is to reinstall macOS.
- First thing is to restart your Mac and press the Command and R keys simultaneously.
- Once you have seen the Apple logo on the screen release the keys.
- Now you can see the utilities window on the screen. Make sure to click on the reinstall macOS option.
- How do I fix a stuck white screen on my Mac?
Well, you can simply fix this issue by plug out the power source and plugin again after some time.
- What causes the white screen of death in Mac?
The white screen of death occurs due to the device being severely dropped by any malfunctioning.
- What to do if none of the above methods are not working?
Well, you can simply contact your Apple support Team and they will provide you with the solution.
Finally, I can conclude that if you guys are looking for how to fix the Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start the issue then this is the right article for you. In this article, I have provided you with the best possible methods which help you to get back your Mac again. I hope this article will help you in a great way. Thank you for reading this article.
If you have any doubts regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.