Very warm welcome geeks…!! Once again, I am back with one interesting topic which is related to MacBook. Well, if you guys are facing a MacBook restarts randomly issue then this article will help you to fix this issue. So, without any further delay let’s get started.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Fix MacBook Restarts Randomly Issue:
- 1.1 #1. Check The Software On Mac:
- 1.2 #2. Remove Any Connected Peripherals:
- 1.3 #3. Discover Corrupt Software:
- 1.4 #4. Restart Your Mac:
- 1.5 #5. Run Your Mac In Safe Mode:
- 1.6 #6. Use Disk Utility In Recovery Mode:
- 1.7 #7. Reset NVRAM or PRAM:
- 1.8 #8. Reset SMC:
- 1.9 #9. Check Startup Programs:
- 1.10 #10. Free Disk Space:
- 1.11 #11. Reinstall macOS:
- 1.12 #12. Use Recoverit:
- 1.13 Conclusion:
- 1.14 Related posts:
Reasons For MacBook Restarts Randomly Issue:
Now I am going to provide you with some reasons for getting the issue. Have a look at them.
- The first reason will be you have not updated your Mac to the latest version.
- Whether your software is causing this issue.
- Sometimes externally connected peripherals might also cause this issue.
- Well, some of the settings in your MacBook need to be reset.
- There might be any malfunctioning in your macOS.
Methods To Fix MacBook Restarts Randomly Issue:
Here in this article, I am going to provide you with the best 12 methods which help you to fix MacBook starts randomly issues. So do follow each method carefully.
#1. Check The Software On Mac:
As previously discussed in the reasons that software conflicts might also result from this issue. So, make sure to check the software on your MacBook.
Sometimes there might be any software updates so make sure to update them. To do that go to the apple logo and click on system preferences. In that make sure to click on software update. Now you can see any software update make sure to click on the update option.
#2. Remove Any Connected Peripherals:
In your Mac device the keyboard, the mouse, and some external peripherals are connected. Make sure to disconnect them and then reboot the Mac. Now wait for some time and then connect all the peripherals and check whether the MacBook restarts randomly issue fixed or not.
Sometimes your Mac trackpad pointer will get slippery and jumpy. This might be due to some battery issues. Make sure to check your battery content. In addition to this, sometimes rings, jewelry on your hand might also cause this issue.
Furthermore, if your hands are damp or sweaty then you might face this Mac white screen issue or Mac won’t start issue is fixed or not.
#3. Discover Corrupt Software:
Most of the time single app might cause your software to get corrupted. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is to update the corrupt application.
- Once it is completed you can simply reboot the Mac.
- If you are unable to update or reinstall the app then make sure to delete the app.
- In addition to this use any app installer to delete all the information regarding the corrupt app.
#4. Restart Your Mac:
Well, restarting your Mac might fix this MacBook restarts random issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is to click on the power button and it will shut down. Wait for few minutes.
- Now press the power button again and it will reboot your device. Then check whether the issue is persisting or not.
#5. Run Your Mac In Safe Mode:
Well, running your Mac in safe mode might fix this MacBook restarts randomly issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- Hold the power button until you hear a sound and then press the shift key on your Mac.
- Now you can see the Apple logo on the screen and now you can release the shift key.
- Once your Mac ran into the safe mode now go to the Applications folder and uninstall the apps that you are not using.
- After completion now makes sure to restart your Mac.
#6. Use Disk Utility In Recovery Mode:
As previously mentioned, sometimes faulty drivers might also cause this Mac issue. So do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to restart your Mac and press Command and R Keys simultaneously.
- Now once you have seen the Apple logo release the keys.
- Then operating system utility menu will appear on your screen. Make sure to click on the disk utility option.
- Now make sure to repair the problematic drive and click on the first aid option.
- After that, the disk utility will repair the drive and now you can check whether the issue is fixed or not.
#7. Reset NVRAM or PRAM:
To fix any type of issues in Mac resetting NVRAM is the best choice. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to shut down the Mac and wait for around 30 seconds.
- After that power on the Mac and once you have seen the Apple logo. Press Command + P+ R keys.
- Hold the keys for 20 seconds and you can see the startup sound.
- Finally, your Mac boots up normally.
#8. Reset SMC:
One of the ideal solutions to fix the MacBook restarts randomly issue is to reset SMC. Do follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
Here you need to check whether your battery is removable or not removable. Then you can proceed with the below-mentioned steps.
For Non-Removable Battery At Mac OS:
- The first step that you need to do is click on the Apple menu and then shut down your Mac system.
- Once it is shut down click the +shift+ control option along with the power button simultaneously.
- Now release the keys after 10 seconds, now turn on your Mac by pressing the power button.
For Removable Battery At Mac OS:
- The first step you need to do is to shut down your Mac system and then remove the Mac battery.
- Now make sure to hold the power button for around 5 seconds.
- Carefully insert the battery and then turn on your Mac by pressing the power button.
By these methods, you can reset SMC on Mac. Finally, you can check whether Mac MacBook restarts randomly issue is working or not.
#9. Check Startup Programs:
This is one of the main things that you need to check if you are facing this MacBook restart randomly issue. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is going to the Apple menu and click on system preferences.
- Now choose the users and groups option.
- In that option, click on login items and then click on admin. Finally, click on the lock option at the bottom left.
- Once you click on lock make sure to provide your credentials.
- Now you can see some items in the list which you don’t recognize make sure to remove them.
- Finally, restart your MacBook.
#10. Free Disk Space:
Sometimes over storage in your MacBook might cause this issue. So, make sure to maintain a 20% margin of storage. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step you need to do is go to the Apple menu and click on this Mac option.
- In that select the storage option and check your storage percentage.
- Now make sure to clear some files to free up some disk space.
#11. Reinstall macOS:
If none of the above solutions are working for you then the last thing you could do is to reinstall macOS.
- First thing is to restart your Mac and press the Command and R keys simultaneously.
- Once you have seen the Apple logo on the screen release the keys.
- Now you can see the utilities window on the screen. Make sure to click on the reinstall macOS option.
#12. Use Recoverit:
Well, if none of the above methods are working for you then the last thing you could do is to use Recoverit software which helps you to recover all the data even the corrupted files. Do follow the below steps carefully.
- The first step is to download the software and open it. Now click on recover from the crash computer and then click on start.
- Then you have to choose the type of mode which is either USB or CD/DVD. Make sure to select one and click on create option.
- Now it shows a prompt on the screen to make sure to backup all your data in USB. Then click on the format option.
- After that entire process will get started. You have to wait for some time until the process gets completed.
- Once the process is completed you can see some detailed instructions on the screen to make sure to recover data from MacBook using those instructions.
- Why does my Mac keep restarting because of a problem?
Well, if your Mac keeps restarting then it is kernel panic. This means there might be any conflict in the operating system.
- Why does my MacBook Keeps restarting after sleep?
The reasons behind this will be a faulty USB cable or network activities which is causing this issue in your MacBook.
- What to do if your MacBook Keeps restarting after login?
If you guys are facing this issue in your MacBook then you need to reset your NVRAM or PRAM in your MacBook.
Finally, I can conclude that if you guys are looking for how to fix MacBook restarts randomly issue then this article is the right choice for you. In this article, I have provided you with the best possible 12 methods which helps you in a great way to fix this issue. I hope this article will help you and thank you for reading this article.
If you have any doubts regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section and if you found this article useful then share it with your loved ones.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY.
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.