If you are facing error like NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID, then follow the below-given methods to Fix most of the NET errors on your devices.
Warm wishes to all the blog seekers. Hope each and every one are doing Good. Are you here to know the topic for the day? OK then can you guess what the topic is or else can you guess even the topic related to. Ha-ha sorry for confusing you. It was a small act just to make fun. Yeah come let’s know the topic for the day and let ma crack your confusion. Here in this topic I am providing a keen knowledge about the methods to fix NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID Error.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 Description of NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID Error
- 0.2 What is a particular SSL Certificate word, why and how to fix NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID?
- 1 Why Chrome display “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” ?
- 2 Process to eliminate NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID Error
- 2.1 Ensure that the domain has been installed properly with certificate
- 2.2 WWW versus non-WWW, check for Redirects
- 2.3 Enter the proper setting of your website address
- 2.4 Adjust your URL details in hosting through phpMyAdmin
- 2.5 Check Date
- 2.6 Disable Antivirus
- 2.7 FAQ’s of NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
- 2.8 Related posts:
Description of NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID Error
Don’t worry, if you own the website and you’re encountered by the issue of launching the account with the error “NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.” We are here to assist you with this failure. This article explores what is and why is the message “NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” error. We can also have various ways to solve this error.
What is a particular SSL Certificate word, why and how to fix NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID?
The common name for your domain name in an SSL certificate will be your web address. For example, your domain name would be site.com if you want to encrypt the site with an SSL certificate.
You can see all common variants of the site, WWW and non-WWW. Even, a subdomain like mail.site.com might be a common name.
What are other word names and wildcards?
- https://site.com and https://www.site.com.
- http://site.com and http://www.site.com.
The common name may be the same as your web address and the search screen. There will be common name errors if the name of the SSL certificate is not in the search/address bar with the site address.
Why Chrome display “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” ?
A common mismatch name is encountered where the SSL domain is not specified (either as the common name, alternate subject name, or wild card). This is not the name of the domain that is built on the SSL. It’s essentially like you wear the wrong hat on your blog.
There are also other explanations why this message can pop, like a failed directory, apart from the possible causes of “NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” errors.
Process to eliminate NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID Error
You must first recognize what makes the error. You can use one of these methods as a solution easily if you consider the reason:
Ensure that the domain has been installed properly with certificate
The most commonly mentioned cause seems to be the error “NET: ERR CERT COMMON NAME INVALID.” If the domain on which a certificate has been issued is not included in the file, the file is not in compliance with the domain.
The best way to check that the certificate will be checked and the details “given to” is linked to the domain on which the certificate is mounted. Nevertheless, in the case of certificates for SAN and wildcard, you can, as stated, search the SAN list (or search to see if the certificate domain has been installed according to the requirements covered by the certificate) on the certificate.
WWW versus non-WWW, check for Redirects
Determine if your browser forces visitors to the other variant of your website. If so, the settings will be changed to disable the switch. You can need to acquire a certificate to protect the domain to which you are passing traffic if this redirect is required.
You will also see if you are pushing traffic into a Site or non-WWW domain update. It is relevant because the WWW and non-WWW variants of a web server are not protected by each SSL certificate; you need to validate your certificate on each of the domain versions on which you lent money.
Enter the proper setting of your website address
Users are also confused about the protected URL and change the protocol on their web from an unsecured HTTP to a protected HTTP without buying and without downloading an SSL certificate. When you press Save Changes, the following message will appear NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. Luckily, to delete this error message, you can quickly restore the web address to the old URL.
You can then go back to general settings with your WordPress account if you have a WordPress platform and search for the URL. If you have accessed a protected version without either purchasing or downloading the SSL certificate (e.g. adding an “s” to the HTTP site), it would cause an error.
Adjust your URL details in hosting through phpMyAdmin
You want to gain access to your Dashboard until you update the address of your WordPress settings without the protected version (HTTPS). For most instances, you do not even have access to the login tab. So for newcomers, that’s the worse case, now is the time to experiment on your hosting files.
- Click on the ‘phpMyAdmin’ link to move to the cPanel.
- And then go to the database you like. (Be careful here: please make sure that you pick the correct website across multiple sites).
- Now you have to pick the WP options-this is the location where you can change the WordPress themes plugins and settings (choose Wp options).
- You will pick the URL and Home URL for editing the site. In both locations, the web address must be the same. After unintentionally modifying your URL in the WordPress settings field, you can indirectly access the settings and adjust the username.
- Update URL. You should upgrade your domain to HTTPS if you choose to use a protected protocol with the correct SSL certificate. You need to change the HTTPS in HTTP before SSL is introduced if you don’t have SSL yet and you have the privacy error issue.
- Make sure your modifications are saved after URL editing. Since making improvements, check the modifications on your site correctly by using the Incognito window of Chrome URL.
Is your system date and time correctly defined? Often minor things, such as setting the wrong time and date, can trigger major problems on your PC. This basic mistake can be corrected instantly.
The Web pages can be messed by antiviruses or firewalls. Check if the https scanning in antivirus applications is not labeled with disabling. The only way out is to shut off software if no other alternative is present.
These are the most vital Methods to fix the issue of NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID and here the description above will help you and the users to know about the reason and perfect method to solve the issue.
FAQ’s of NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
1 . Is it possible to fix the issue of “NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” Issue?
Yes those are the methods explained above and it can be fixed no need to worry about it.
- If one of the method fails what to do?
You need to go for the next method as the problem is raised for various reasons and the reasons requires many ways to solve the issue.
- Does it requires much skill to solve the issue?
No normal knowledge and common man can solve the issue of “NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” Issue.
These are the most and frequently asked questions by the huge no of users and answers are given by the varied range of most experienced people and also with my own experience. So the answers are more valid and accurate. If still there are queries then feel free to ask by dropping the doubt into your comment box.
When you buy SSL licenses, but don’t install that properly you begin to face SSL / HTTPS errors and Google Chrome protection alert. One of them while attempting to link is “NET:: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”.
What could it cause? Anything you’re trying to access on a website from server misconfiguration and glitches into Chrome’s external extensions or protection programs may be a problem.
Thank you geeks hope all the information is very precious to you and if not please send it to me by drop a comment about your query I will show the best solution for that issue. That’s it guys have a most great day in your life. If still there are queries then feel free to ask by dropping the doubt into your comment box.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com