If you are an Android device user and searching to fix the Error like There was a problem parsing the package while Installing the apps on your Android devices, then read more to know How to Fix Parse Error on Android devices to Install any apps.
Hai friends, recently many users asking me the solution to Fix the Parse Error on Android devices. This article is for the people to Fix the error like Parse Error. I think some of the Android users may face the error like There was a problem parsing the package, then read more to know How to Fix There was a problem parsing the package Error on your Android devices itself.
- Note: Parse Error on Android devices due to the insufficient storage and insufficient RAM. Most of the times this Error occurs while Installing Apps on Android devices.
Parse Error is one of the most common errors on Android devices and moreover, it is also one of the oldest error which is occurring on Android devices. Clearly, I can this is the error which is pop-up’s on the old Android devices like “Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package” while trying to Install Android apps. Here in this article, I am going to give you working methods to Fix Parse Error on Android phones
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix “Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package”:
- 2 How to Fix “Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package”?
- 2.1 Method 1: Enable Unknown Sources Option to allow Third-party apps Installation:
- 2.2 Method 2:Disable the functions of Antivirus:-
- 2.3 Method 3:Make sure that files are manifested apps apk:-
- 2.4 Method 4:Settings of security:-
- 2.5 Method 5:Through Enabling the “Debugging the USB”:-
- 2.6 Method 6:Make sure the app is not Corrupted:
- 2.7 Method 7:Make use of Play store:-
- 2.8 Method 8:App that belongs to Old Version:-
- 2.9 Method 9:Capability:-
- 2.10 Method 10:Reset the device:-
- 2.11 Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a Parse Error?
Parse Error is a common Error on Android devices which occurs due to many problems. This error occurs sometimes when you are trying to download favorite apps, then an error occurs like there is a problem parsing the package.
This Parse Error cause some other errors on Android devices. Actually, there are also some errors which are similar to this error like DF A8’h Default Error or error 498. This error turns out to be “the application cannot be installed on your phone due to an issue with the parsing.” Ok, let read more to know How to Fix Parse Error on Android devices.
Reasons For the Parse Error on Android Devices:
I think there are many reasons behind the Parse Error on Android devices. Anyway before going to the Fixes of the Parse Error let me tell you some causes behind this error. Then you can take caution to not to get this error.
- Not Enough permission to Download and Install the third-party Apps from the third-party sources. Android consider third-party apps as untrusted Apps, so you have to allows the third-party apps to install on your Android devices.
- Due damaged or partially downloaded the apk file. Sometimes the internet may interrupt while downloading the app, then you can only Download partial Apk file, so while you are installing that file, you will definitely get this Parse Error.
- Compatibility which means your Android device OS version may not compatible with the app.
- Your Android device security system is blocking a third-party app installation.
- Due to changing the app’s manifest file which means changing your Android device OS version.
- Insufficient disk space. If a file is being written to a drive
Methods to Fix “Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package”:
Here in this article What I am providing is the working methods which may help to fix Parse Error on Android devices to Install Apps without any further errors.
- Enable Unknown Sources Option to allow apps Installation.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Delete or Disable Anti Virus
- Download Fully Downloaded Apk file.
- Disable Security Type Application If Installed any
- Check the Manifest File of the App.
- Reset your Android device settings.
- Check App Compatibility.
- Clear Cache Cookies of Google Play Store
- Try to Download the Older version of the App.
How to Fix “Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package”?
Here in this article, I am going to provide you 10 Methods to solve the Parse error. When I try on my devices these methods working on my side to Fix There was a problem parsing the package error.
Method 1: Enable Unknown Sources Option to allow Third-party apps Installation:
Actually, Android devices never trust third-party Apps directly, you have to trust the app which means you have to enable unknown sources option to allow third-party apps Installation. The main thing is for the security reasons Android never allow installing apps from the third-party Sources, why because Installing third-party sources may harm your Android devices.
Most of the times when you are trying to Install.Apk files on your Android devices without allowing unknown sources on your Android devices, then you will definitely get Parse Error. So to fix this error you have allowed unknown sources option on your Android devices. Follow the below steps to Enable Unknown Sources option on your Android.
Open your Android device and then navigate to the “Settings” >> “Security” >> “Enable Unknown Sources“.
After allowing Unknown Sources option on your Android, then again to try to Install the ap which is getting the error pop-up like Parse Error.
Method 2:Disable the functions of Antivirus:-
As the app antivirus will not allow to 3rd party to run in the background. Actually such task is done for the safety of the device. As it shops the allowance it required to stop all the activities of the app antivirus. That will be one of the method to fix the problem of Parse Error.
If required uninstall the app of antivirus and then download the app required and then the problem that related to the Parse Error will not occur. So this is one of the good method that will fix the Parse Error.
Method 3:Make sure that files are manifested apps apk:-
As some of the apk files are modified that to block the ads and contains the additional features to their required. Such files will not allow some of the operations such a file may be one of the good reason that causes Parse Error.
If the users have some knowledge in the coding they can check in store where they can know that if the app code is not supporting then they can fix the issue or else that apk file has to be deleted or removed from the device.
So this one of the method to fix the issue of Parse Error that related the codes of some modified files.
Method 4:Settings of security:-
As the devices of advanced features that special security features will not allow some of the files that may cause harm to the devices so that is also one of the most important reason that causes the same issue.
As per my experience it’s better not to install such apps into your devices that may seriously harm to your devices. If you are still interested to install that apps then follow the steps below to get access of the app into your device.
Steps to allow access to unknown sources through settings:
- Tap on the settings icon from your device.
- There are options available on the screen
- Come to the last there available the option of security.
- Tap on it and click allow option to allow “Unknown sources”.
Then the problem of Parse Error will not appear in your device. But be sure before downloading the harmful devices that may cause danger to the device.
Method 5:Through Enabling the “Debugging the USB”:-
It is one of the way to connect with the SDK (Software Developer Kit) that will allow the android device to receive the commands, files from the system (PC). And this will enable you to show the crucial or important issue that cause Parse Error. So for that purpose follow the below steps to Debugging the USB.
Steps to Debugging the USB
- As you know about your device get into the settings.
- There in the settings you can see the last option “About Device”.
- Tap on it and there one more option in it.
- Build number Click continuously more than 7 times then
- There raises a new option that is “You are now a Developer”.
- Coming back from the settings tap on the option of “Developer”.
- Click to mark tick on the “USB Debugging”.
Then after doing all this try to install the app that you are searching for then the problem of Parse Error will be resolved.
Method 6:Make sure the app is not Corrupted:
If the app you are searching for should not be corrupted. It happens when the app is not fully downloaded if the Parse Error occurs then uninstall the app and download and install again. Maximum that will solve the error follow the below instructions to make sure that file is not corrupted.
- Maximum install the app through the Play store of Google.
- Wait until the app downloaded fully.
- Then install the app and sign in with your details.
This is the phenomina or process to make sure that the app is not corrupted. So this will be one of the method that will solve Parse Error.
Method 7:Make use of Play store:-
The Parse Error is caused only when the apps are corrupted or the app may be from the 3rd party so the files installed from the unknown sources as they are not sure that the files is safe for all the devices. So that is the major cause that the Parse Error.
It is better to download the app from the Play store that all the rules and regulations of the play store are good that all the apps available in the store are not virus content. As the apps required to pass the virus test. So if the app downloaded from play store then Parse Error will not occur.
Method 8:App that belongs to Old Version:-
Some of the apps are not updated as they are from the old generation or the problem in developers such apps will not support to the latest advanced devices. You better to know that the apps of old version supports or not for better info check it through Google.
If there are some alternatives then you need to follow those instructions and do as it mentioned in Google or else leave such apps uninstall the apps from the device. Maximum the team of backend developers will work on it or the name of the app will be changed that’s why it’s better to Google it that shows the best alternatives.
It depends up on the device as not all the apps are supported to all the devices. As the apps are from various sources it will not support all the devices. So to make sure you need to download the same app in the different devices if the app is running successfully then such app is not able to support in your device.
So it’s better to download the alternative app that supports your system or device. That is the one of the method that the Parse Error will be resolved.
Method 10:Reset the device:-
All the vital apps and files related to the contacts and etc. move all those into SD card or to the additional drive then reset the system or device then all the unwanted junk will be removed from the device. As the unwanted junk files are removed from the device that will enable your device to work fast. And then try to install the app now then there will no Parse Error occurs.
All the above methods will be very helpful to you to fix the Parse Error. If one method fails to fulfil the place then go for the next as the problem of Parse Error is caused by various reason that is why there are 10 methods to solve the error.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1) Do I need to Root my Android device to not to get this Error?
Answer: Nope, you don’t need to Root your Android device to stop this error.
Question 2) Do I face any further problems after following the above methods?
Answer: No, you can’t face any further problems in the future due to following the above method to Fix Parse Error.
Question 3) Do I need to Re-Download the file when I get Parse Error?
Answer: I am not sure about this, because if you get Parse Error due to partially downloaded Apk file, then you have to Re-Download the Apk file.
That’s it, friends, I tried each and every method when I get that error, every method which I provided in the above solves the Error. Try 1 st method, if it is not on your end, then try other methods which may definitely help you to Fix Parse Error on Android devices. If you get benefited from this article, then share this article with your friends and family who are family the error like There was a problem parsing the package while Installing apps.
This article mainly concludes you How to Fix There was a problem parsing the package Error on Android devices. If you face any further errors while following the above methods, then share your query with us through the comments section. I will try my level best to give you a better solution for your query.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com