If you face Blue Screen Error due to the PFN List Corrupt, then read more to know the methods to Fix PFN List Corrupt Error on Windows 10.
A Blue Death Screen (BSoD) bug, which is very popular in Windows 10, and other versions of Windows system, is PFN LIST CORRUPT. If you have this blue screen failure, you are not the only one, rest assured. You should repair it yourself, more importantly. This guide will teach you how to address the problem by using Top Solutions.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 PFN LIST CORRUPT Fixing Methods
- 2 With Installation software for Windows
PFN LIST CORRUPT Stop code is shown on your computer
On the display, what else? The message can also be seen: you can, later on, check the error code online, if you wish to learn more. PFN LIST CORRUPT, a big cause of hardware failure or software problem, is the error code today. In general, the hard disk is used to describe the location of the files stored on the physical disk by PFN, an acronym with the Page Frame Number (index number). The corrupted PFN list is a common Windows 10 error and can occur with Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP as well.
Reason for PFN LIST CORRUPT reason?
The database Page Frame Number(PFN) contains lists that represent the Windows system’s physical memory files. It is used to evaluate system file positions. If PFN is corrupt, this may not be handled by your system, the blue screen error comes – PFN LIST CORRUPT.
PFN LIST CORRUPT Fixing Methods
Update Windows as well as drivers
There are just a few bugs and issues, and it is important to execute Windows Update regularly to fix any software or hardware problem. You are going to fix most of the hardware and software issues by installing the newest updates, both of which are the main triggers of a PFN LIST malfunction. In addition to the bug fixes, updates include enhanced reliability, protection, and new capabilities.
It’s also essential to keep your drivers up-to-date in addition to Windows 10 updates. Windows 10 is indeed a modern system, and it may have a variety of problems with older hardware. These problems can often lead to a BSoD error, so it is necessary to periodically update your drivers.
To upgrade your drivers, simply visit the website of your hardware supplier and download your software with the most recent drivers. To solve this problem, you might need to replicate this procedure on all installed devices.
The next thing we will do is to run the BSOD problem solver. This is part of the integrated problem-solving tool for Windows 10 which you can find in the settings. This method is ideally capable of correcting a PFN LIST CORRUPT mistake.
- Go to the Update & Security Section, by opening the Settings App.
- From the left-hand menu, click Troubleshoot.
- Right-click Run the Troubleshooter by choosing the BSOD from the right pane.
- Accept the computer guidance to load up the troubleshooter.
3. Run SFC-scan
The SFC analysis will be the next technique we’ll try. This is a troubleshooter for the command line that can fix various problems like BSOD errors. Hopefully, the failure of the PFN LIST CORRUPT, too.
- Click the Start Menu button with a right-click and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Insert the line under it and press Submit: sfc / scannow.
- It’ll just take a bit of time since the operation is finished.
- When the approach is identified, the solution is implemented automatically.
- Now close the Prompt command and restart.
So DISM is the third method that we’ll use to fix problems. Deployment Image Service and Management (DISM) redeploy the image of the network and addresses possible issues in the phase. This may also be used for the error in the PFN LIST CORRUPT.
We are going through the standard procedure and the procedure which uses the following installation media.
- Right-click Command prompt (Admin) to begin and launch.
- Tap Insert and paste the code: DISM/Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
- Hold until all the scan is complete.
- Reboot Pc.
With Installation software for Windows
- Insert the installation media of your Windows.
- Right-click on the Start button, and pick Prompt (Admin) from the button.
- Pass and press Insert after every command line On the command line.
- dism /online /cleanup-image/scanhealth
- Type dism /online /cleanup-image/restorehealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1/LimitAccess
- Ensure that the Windows 10 installation updates the X value by the letter of the installed disk.
- Upon completion of the process, restart your device.
Check hard drive
BSODs are a normal occurrence if something is wrong with your hard disk. In this respect, you have to test your hard drive state. To do so, use the command chkdsk. This command scans the partitions and solves possible problems.
Join the Advanced Startup (Restart when holding the Shift key in your computer).
- Select Advanced Tools for Troubleshooting.
- From the options list, pick Command Prompt.
- Insert the lines and press submit to execute the command prompt after each line :
- Some customers claim that other chkdsk commands need to be run. To implement these commands, you should know the letters of the drive to all hard drive parts. You can enter the following in Command Prompt (remember to use the letters on your Computer which fit your disk partitions).
- chkdsk /r c:
- chkdsk /r d:
- This is all just our example, so bear in mind that for every partition on a hard drive you have to perform chkdsk order.
- Reboot PC.
It is also likely that defective hardware, most often Ram, will trigger a PFN LIST error so make sure that your RAM works correctly. Install and run for a few hours MemTest86 + for that reason. Many users have confirmed that the problem has been fully fixed after changing their RAM. Often test if other components like your motherboard, network card, and graphics card work well even if your RAM is the main cause. PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD error can be problem-based, but it can easily be solved by following one of our solutions because this error is often caused by software problems.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com