If you facing File locked problems while streaming, then read more to know How to Fix Stream Content File Locked Issues easily.
Hello, one and all. How are you all? Hope all doing well. If not follow a good diet and do exercise to stay fit and safe. yeah eagerly waiting to know what my topic described today right. The topic is all about streaming and what it is? objectives of streaming? And clean and clear info about the streaming. So what you are waiting for come let’s get into the topic to know the methods to Fix Stream Content File Locked Error.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 What is streaming?
- 0.2 Basic Introduction:
- 0.3 Objectives of streaming:
- 0.4 Pros of Streaming:
- 0.5 Cons of streaming:
- 0.6 Reasons that lead to lock the content while streaming?
- 1 Working Methods Fix Stream Content File Locked?
- 1.1 Make sure that antivirus is disabled on your device:
- 1.2 Convert or change the place of the file that streaming to another location:
- 1.3 The corrupted files are required to be repaired:
- 1.4 Winsock has to be reset:
- 1.5 Streaming has to be administered in some cases:
- 1.6 Make sure with mini tool partition wizard that Your hard drive is ok or not:
- 1.7 Clear Steam Download Cache:
- 1.8 Run A Disk Scan:
- 1.9 Uninstall And Re-install The Steam:
- 1.10 Related posts:
What is streaming?
The word stream is defined as the thing that goes continuously for a duration of time. Coming to the technical way of watching a video continuously to gain some knowledge about the different things either it belongs to the gaming or technical knowledge as it is related to the software or it may be related to the education and many other sources. Watching a post that provides knowledge about all the tasks done as mentioned above. Moreover, gamers became famous through streaming.
Streaming content is explained as a file that may be audio or video that contains information on the ways to use a product or maybe related to studies through the internet. That doesn’t need more space in your device the only thing required is an internet connection with the basic speed of 2.5MB per sec. To stream the video or audio file.
As the streaming was started in the year 1993 on 24th June in Australia. It was done by Band Server Tire damage. It was recorded in some of the locations of Australia then the streaming was done at different locations by the various audions. There at that time, the audio was not available even though the audions felt good without sound its self. According to the records it took 2.5 megabytes per low quality and 10megabites for higher defined quality.
Objectives of streaming:
The data that needs to allow the users to watch it must be in a limited version as there are many sources for streaming. All the platforms may have their own database so to upload the video that needs to be stream it has to be in a limited or fixed quality of data. That leads to the increasing of the large no of users as the platforms increase then the users will also increase. It will play a crucial role in earning a large no of users and brings more income both internally and externally.
The data that needs to upload a file either it may be audio or video requires a huge amount of data until the file need to be uploaded. It is with the one who uploads the file. In the same way, while the user or viewer is watching or listening the file also requires the same speed of internet until the file is completed. From all the platforms or sources that provide the streaming. Once a user is willing to start the file listening it shows a notification about the data or internet required.
The file which is uploaded must be converted into various sizes as per the various sources of devices that enable different devices and apps that support the file to stream. The apps such as CRM, ERP, and SCM will allow the files of various sources Youtube, Netflix, etc. are some of the sources there are billions of sources. the above apps will divers the files.
The data or file that needs to be available all the kinds of sources so streaming must be the medium for all the sources. That will change the file into various formats as per the user’s devices and sources. The users may ask their queries in different ways the uploader must show the ways to overcome such queries.
So these are the major features of the streaming that will define the streaming in a described manner. Once you are good at these features that will be useful to know the topic of streaming.
Pros of Streaming:
- Storage is not required for streaming, Which will never fill the storage space of your device.
- The queries of the viewers will be clarified at the same time while they are streaming.
- As the Streaming also involves in the advertising that will be very helpful and saves our precious time.
- If the streamer who shares the file felt any distraction then that person will be in the blocklist as per the instructions given by the streamer.
- Need the minimum speed of the internet is enough for the running of the task of streaming.
so these are the most useful merits that both the user and the streamers can enjoy.
Cons of streaming:
- Membership is required in some cases to enjoy the streaming.
- Need some knowledge about the streaming that will enable users to stream.
- Some of the platforms will not support the streaming of different sources and ways of their process.
- Not all but some streamers will charge the minimum amount to enter the stream.
Reasons that lead to lock the content while streaming?
- The files uploaded to the stream may not support your system in some cases.
- The streamer will not allow to access all the users.
- Some of the files are allowed to only some of the paid users.
- Need to convert the files in different styles that will not allow all the users to enjoy the streaming.
So these are the major reasons that lead to lock the content to stream.
Working Methods Fix Stream Content File Locked?
Plenty of methods will help you to unlock the content while you are streaming. Every solution will enable you to unlock the content while streaming. So let’s get into the methods.
Make sure that antivirus is disabled on your device:
Some of the streamers will not allow the users or viewers until their device contains the option of disabling antivirus that which creates a problem for streamers So once you disable the antivirus then you may stream the game or file. Then go for the next process to disable antivirus as follows.
- Search for the program that contains antivirus in your device.
- Later right press the mouse there raises some options.
- From the options click in the disable the work of antivirus. and then
- Come back and try to stream max the will be solved then enjoy streaming.
If this method fails to fulfill the situation then go for the next method or process.
Convert or change the place of the file that streaming to another location:
If the file is not supporting in the place of stored in the device then change the location to other places in the system that may fulfill the situation. The following are the steps that will change the location of the file that streaming to another as follows.
- Click on the file that you are streaming then
- Then go to the settings of that file later into downloads
- later go for folders in the stream library.
- Click on the particular file that needs to change.
- here raise some of the options that contain options about location.
- Finally, change the location to a specific folder then later enjoy streaming.
Download the app that is related to streaming named stream app then place all the streaming apps in it then you can enjoy all the streaming with no problem or worries. Or else go the further.
The corrupted files are required to be repaired:
The files in the device may be corrupted may not allow you to engage the streaming. so it is better to repair the files which are corrupted. then later you can enjoy the files through streaming. so follow the steps to repair the corrupted files.
- Stop streaming and go for the directory of streaming.
- Go to the folders and enter Txt in it.
- And search for the errors that exist in the device.
- Type root in the search box.
- Later go for stream the file update if it asks to update then you can enjoy the streaming.
Winsock has to be reset:
If there are any technical problems raises that will not allow you to stream the files that are the problem stays in your system. So to overcome that situation go for steps as follows.
- Click Windows and R keys at a time.
- Enter cmd in the box of run Then
- Here click on the Enter ok option to prompt command window to access.
- Enter NETSH WINSOCK RESET in the command prompt window then the problem resolves.
- Finally, click the enter icon or key later go for a stream then enjoy the files in streaming by solving the stream content file locked error.
Streaming has to be administered in some cases:
Some of the streamers have to be in the admin space with special permission to enter in streaming. If not there occur some errors. Some steps will help to stream the files.
- The 1st work is to click the right side of the mouse on the screen of your device.
- There you can see some options at the bottom there remains an option named properties.
- That will takes you to another page next click in Compatibilities.
- At the bottom click on Run this program as an administrator.
- Enter apply and later on ok
- Then go back and run the stream file and enjoy.
Make sure with mini tool partition wizard that Your hard drive is ok or not:
When the hard drive contains the files that are corrupted may be the reason for the error that occurs in streaming. The following are the steps to overcome such situations.
- First of all, you are supposed to download mini tool partition wizard software and install it.
- Once you are done with it click on the surface test option available on the left side of the screen.
- Later click on the start option available at the top of the screen.
- After that there appear square boxes on the screen then
- If square boxes are red in color then that represents the there are some bad content presents in the drive. If green boxes appear that represents that everything is good.
- Here If everything is ok to go back for streaming then that will resolve the problem.
Clear Steam Download Cache:
Well, if you guys are facing this “steam content file locked” error then there must be some problem with the steam cache so it is recommended to clear the steam download cache in your device.
Do follow the below steps carefully to know how to clear the cache of the steam.
- The first step that you need to do is to open your steam in your device.
- After that make sure to click on the steam settings and then go to the download option available there.
- In the download option, make sure to click on the clear download cache option and then wait for few minutes to complete the process.
Run A Disk Scan:
Running a disk scan might fix so many errors in your PC including this steam content file locked error also. So, in order to avoid this error, make sure to run a disk scan in the command prompt.
Do follow the below steps carefully to run a disk scan.
- The first step that you need to do is to open the command prompt and run it as an administrator.
- After opening the command prompt, type the command chkdsk c:/f and then click on enter.
- Now it will take some time to process a then shows the disk is unable to run and then type Y to proceed.
- After that, the system will get restarted and then check whether you are getting the error or not.
Uninstall And Re-install The Steam:
So, if none of the above methods are not working great for you then the last thing that you can do is to uninstall the steam and then again installing the steam. Do follow the below steps carefully to know the process of uninstalling steam.
- The first step that you need to do is to open the control panel on your PC and then go to uninstall a program option.
- After click on that, you can see so many apps and files make sure to search for Steam and then click on uninstall by giving an right click.
- After that restart your PC and then again install the steam app by going to the official website of steam.
- Question 1) Why is my steam download stuck at 100?
Answer ) Sometimes the steam download is stuck at 100 if you have not cleared the steam download cache. So, make sure to clear the download cache of steam.
- Question 2) What to do if my steam is not opening?
Answer ) Click on the Start menu Power icon and restart your computer. If Steam still fails to open, reinstall your antivirus and move on to the next method.
- Question 3) Why does steam not install?
Answer ) Sometimes, servers in a specific region may be slow, overloaded or have a hardware failure causing download issues.
So these are the methods or solutions that will enable you to overcome or to fix if the stream content file is locked error. So as I explained above there are some reasons to get locked during the streaming. And I have also shown the methods to overcome such situations.
So plz follow those methods to overcome and enjoy streaming the Games and Files that are required of you as per your use. I think this article will definitely help you to Fix the Stream Content File Locked Error Thank you guys see you bye.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.