If you are facing a 0xc1900101 Error on your Windows device, while updating the windows device, then read more to fix the 0xc1900101 error.
For many users, updating to Windows 10 is a breeze. If you update to the latest Windows 10 version and have not upgraded your drivers, you will possibly face unsuitability errors like 0xc1900101. It is also known as Windows 10 installation error. The “0xC1900101” error will be caused by wrongly configured system settings or uneven entries in the Windows registry. An error can also occur when trying to update from old Windows to new Windows.
The error causes many inconveniences as Windows applicants are not able to continue with the upgrade. The error can occur due to several problems, comprising corrupted installation files, device driver issues, software incompatibility, bad internet connection, or malware infection. If you encounter the Windows 10 error code 0xC1900101 on your PC, you may follow the below-provided methods to completely fix the 0xc1900101.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Fix The 0xc1900101 Error:
- 1.1 Fix #1. Upgrade or Remove the Damaged Or Corrupted Drivers:
- 1.2 Fix #2. Remove The Download Folder in Safe Mode:
- 1.3 Fix #3. Update Your BIOS:
- 1.4 Fix #4. Upgrade The Windows On Clean Boot:
- 1.5 Fix #5. Delete The Antivirus Application:
- 1.6 Fix #6. Disconnect External Devices Or Peripherals:
- 1.7 Fix #7. Run an SFC scan
- 1.8 Fix #8. Reset This PC
- 1.9 Fix #9. Check Disk
- 1.10 Fix #10. Update or Uninstall Drivers
- 1.11 Related posts:
What is 0xc1900101?
Upgrading the Windows OS (Operating System) is among the extremely used hacks to solve many errors on Windows 10. The 0xc1900101 error is among the most common error in Windows 10. When you upgrade or install your OS, the PC occasionally notifies you with a 0xc1900101 error with BSOD. The upgrade installation error prevents Windows applicants from installing the latest updates to the PC. Many applicants of Windows 10 (1903 & 1809) versions have encountered this error.
Main Reasons Of 0xc1900101 Error:
- Because of the corrupted or damaged system files in Windows 10.
- Wrong system files in Windows are caused by an incomplete installation, imperfect uninstallation, and wrong removal of hardware or apps.
- Old drivers or OS is not companionable with the latest drivers.
- Antivirus app or software or unsuited external hardware.
Methods To Fix The 0xc1900101 Error:
Fix #1. Upgrade or Remove the Damaged Or Corrupted Drivers:
- Now, first, open the PC, and hit the “Windows +E” keys to open the File Explorer, and move your cursor to the following path: C:\Windows.
- Now, search the “Panther folder” and press it twice to open the folder.
- Recognize the corrupted drivers by launching the Setuperr.log and Setupact.log files.
- After selecting the problematic drivers, you have to uninstall them by selecting the “Uninstall” button.
- Now, move your cursor to the taskbar, and press on the “Windows” icon and choose the “Device Manager” tab.
- Under the Device Manager, increase every category to view the various list of devices.
- After that, you will get the yellow exclamation mark near the device that causes the 0xc1900101 error.
- You may either upgrade or delete the corrupted drivers. For this, you have to right-click the device and choose the option you need (Update Driver or Uninstall Device).
Fix #2. Remove The Download Folder in Safe Mode:
- First of all, press the “Windows Icon+I” keys together to launch the “Settings” and press on the “Update and Security” tab.
- After that, you will get the “Recovery” tab on the left side and press on it.
- Under the “Recovery” tab, you will get the “Advanced Startup” and press on the “Restart Now” tab.
- After that, select the option “Window” and press on the “Troubleshoot” button.
- To change the startup options, press on the “Startup Settings” and hit on the “Restart” tab, which will show you many options for startup types.
- Then, hit on the “Enable Safe Mode” tab, and after that background of your PC will be black, and hit the “Windows key+R” keys.
- Now, delete everything from this “Software Distribution folder” and press on “Close” button, and reboot your PC to fix the 0xc1900101 error.
Fix #3. Update Your BIOS:
- Another method to solve this “0xc1900101” error is to update your BIOS. As per users, if you have old BIOS, you will not install a fixed update.
- Many users claimed that upgrading the BIOS will fix the error easily to try this method
- Remember that BIOS upgrade is a possibly risky process that may harm your computer.
- You may check the motherboard guide to upgrade the BIOS efficiently.
Fix #4. Upgrade The Windows On Clean Boot:
It is another efficient method to search and solve if any installed application conflicts with others when installing, updating, or playing it. To Clean boot windows 10, you need to follow the below-provided instructions.
- First, mention MSConfig>Enter> Selective option startup.
- After that, move your cursor to the “Services” option and press on the “Mark on Hide all Microsoft” tab, which will get on the bottom side of that window.
- Now, press on the “Disable all” tab for unwanted third-party software.
- Lastly, restart windows 10, and it will open the windows into a clean and safe mode.
Fix #5. Delete The Antivirus Application:
- Third-party antivirus applications can also cause the 0xc1900101 error in Windows 10.
- To solve this issue, you have to uninstall it totally and try to reinstall your OS.
- Also, occasionally, all files and registry entries should be moved. And the most excellent method to do this is to download and access a particular removal tool for antivirus.
- Though, if deleting the antivirus app does not fix the 0xc1900101 error, you may apply a different method.
Fix #6. Disconnect External Devices Or Peripherals:
- Occasionally, installation or update errors can also be caused by peripheral or external devices that aren’t companionable with the latest Windows 10.
- You may rapidly avoid the errors by disconnecting all unwanted external devices, such as webcams, printers, particularly storage media, from the Wi-Fi, monitors, or access the required adapters to connect: the keyboard and mouse.
- It is an excellent option to disable Bluetooth on your PC or laptop before updating Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices.
Fix #7. Run an SFC scan
- Open the search bar and type cmd and click on Run as administrator under Command Prompt.
- After opening the prompt type Sfc/scannow command and click on enter then wait for the scan process to complete the scan process.
If the Corrupted System Files occurred then sometimes this error will appear, but you can fix it by scanning using an SFC scan.
Fix #8. Reset This PC
If you face a 0xc1900101 error while updating windows then, you have to fix this error by resetting your computer. You can save your data by resetting your pc.
- Open Settings on your pc then click on Update &Security.
- Click recovery and click on get started.
- Then you will see options Keep my files or Remove everything to reset your pc.
- Finally, click o Reset then restart starts.
Fix #9. Check Disk
If your system has corrupted files will cause too many errors and the 0xc1900101 error is one of the error, we can fix thus error by checking the disk.
- Open command prompt in your pc by using the search bar and click as Run as Administrator to continue
- Enter the chkdsk c:/f/r.
Note: If you see that chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process then type Y on the keyboard.
Fix #10. Update or Uninstall Drivers
- Open my computer and right-click on This PC.
- Now Choose Manage.
- Chose Device Manager under the system tool option to continue.
- Now right-click the disk device under Disk Drives, then choose Update driver or uninstall.
When you are ready to install the new Windows 10 update, you will encounter the common error “0xc1900101” at the installation time. The Windows upgrade error 0xc1900101 may occur for various reasons. However, the reason is, you have to fix it instantly if you wish to access your Windows PC. So, we have provided many methods to fix the “0xc1900101” error. You need to follow one by one method to fix the “0xc1900101” error completely.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
My Self Pardhu, I am an Editor and Author at OMGeeky. Actually, I am a tech enthusiast who always wants to share tech-related topics with my users. Apart from that I Love traveling, I like sports, am a good listener, building emotions, team player, a photographer, bike racing, driven by values, I am a graduate, hill trekking.