If you are facing Video TDR Failure error on your Windows 10, then follow the given methods to Fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error on Windows 10 without any problem
You’re not the only one who uses an AMD or ATI graphics card and sees a blue screen error of VIDEO TDR FAILURE. This painful mistake has been stated by many Windows users. And it is possible to repair as frustrating a blue screen with a death error.
We have Various solutions you should try together. Perhaps you don’t have to check all of them; just carry out until it’s worked for you. Read more to know the methods to Fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error on Windows 10.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Causes
Several users frequently indicate the device boots into the Blue Death Screen (BSOD), yet after updating to the new Windows 10. The blue screen normally has a VIDEO TDR FAILURE error message.
This indicates that a corrupt graphics card or graphics card driver is inaccurate if you receive this VIDEO TDR FAILURE error message. Atikmpag.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, and igdkmd64.sys files that cause them. It may be caused by the brackets of the error message of VIDEO TDR FAILURE, for example, VIDEO TDR FAILURE(atikmpag.sys), you can normally see the target fault driver. However, after an accidental reboot of your device, this issue can also occur.
A Windows OS feature that tracks the actions of a card to detect possible problems is a TDR or Timeout Detection and Recovery function. When the device senses problems, it resets the card automatically.
This VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error can be triggered in many circumstances. Here are some of the key reasons:
- The screen driver seems to have been outdated.
- In the background, so many services run.
- This problem can also be caused by hardware problems such as overclocked components, incorrect compatibility, and settings of the component, inadequate system cooling, inadequate system power, and faulty parts.
- You can only restart your system and see if the system will normally boot when starting in VIDEO TDR FAILURE BSOD. If not, the following approaches can be attempted.
Card and Chipset Drivers update
If your Computer doesn’t reset the display system, a Video TDR Failure blue screen will be shown. You should update and display the driver of your chipset to repair it. Here’s how:
Manual update: Through visiting the website of the system manufacturer and looking for the new correct drivers, you can change your chipset and display card controls manually. Note that you will go to your laptop manufacturer for the display card or chipset driver if the Video TDR Failure error occurs on your laptop.
Use Safe Mode for Re-install drivers
Intel Chipset Driver and ATI / AMD graphics card driver in your device are expected to be up-to-date.
1) Launch the Windows 10 Safe Mode.
2) go to the manager of the device. Expand Adapters for Display. Right-click and uninstall the app AMD / ATI.
3) Click OK
4) Restart in the normal mode of your system. Then upgrade your device with the new Intel chipset update.
5) Restart system.
6) Seek to reinstall the new version of your computer’s ATI / AMD system app.
Try substituting file – atikmpag.sys or atikmdag.sys
You will have to substitute the file atikmpag.sys or atikmdag.sy (that exists into your blue-screen error), if the above approaches are evaluated. If this issue continues.
1) The new ATI / AMD card driver version can be downloaded first.
2) Use C:\Windows\System32\drivers route and find the atikmdag.sys file. Rename it as the.sys.old (or the.sys.old).
You just need to correct the one in your blue screen problem.
3) Go to the ATI directory and find the file atikmdag.sy or atikmpag.sy, usually in C:\ATI.
Drag-drop file to your desktop.
Seek to type the name of the file into the Start panel search box if you are unable to find it in the corresponding tab.
3) Click on the Windows logo icon on your keyboard. Enable Command Prompt to use cmd.
4) Type chdir and press “Enter” to change the desktop directory.
5) Enter atikmdag.sy atikmdag.sys expand.exe and tap on Enter.
Or enter -r atikmdag.sy atikmdag.sys in expanding and press Enter.
6) Switch file from your desktop to C:\Windows\System32\Driver atikmdag.sys when your expansion is full.
7) Restart Computer.
Upgrade the old driver variant
- To open the Device Manager, press Windows Key + R then type devmgmT.msc and select Enter.
- Enlarge Display adaptor, right-click on AMD card, and pick Driver update.
- Select Browse my driver app computer this time.
- Next, press Let me pick from my computer’s list of available drivers.
- Check the list and finish the installation for your old AMD drivers.
- Reboot PC. In Windows 10, this method will probably repair aticmpag.sys, but you’ll start with the next method if you’re still stuck.
Rename atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys file
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\driver
- Find and rename the atikmdag.sys file to atikmdag.sys.old.
- Go to the directory of ATI (C:\ATI) and find the file atikmdag.sy, then search this file in C: drive.
- Type cmd and hit Any of the following keys, Enter:
expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys
Note: Expansion -r atikmdag.sys atikmdag.sys If the above command did not perform.
- There should be an atikmdag.sys file on your desktop, copy this file to the directory: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.
- Reboot PC.
If you have a STOP code VIDEO TDR FAILURE Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error, don’t worry as today we explored how to fix the problem. The key factor for this error appears to be defective, obsolete, or corrupted drivers of graphics. Now TDR is the timeout, detection, and recovery portion of Windows in VIDEO TDR FAILURE. You can notice this error due to two atikmpag.sys files and nvlddmkm.sys files in Windows 10 with further troubleshooting of these.
When your card is NVIDIA, the Video TDR Error error is caused by your Nvlddmkm.sys file, but this error is caused by the atikmpag.sys file if you have an AMD graphic card. You most likely would experience this error if you have recently modified Windows or manually downloaded the Graphic driver. Automatic Windows Update appears to have the drivers that triggered this BSOD error downloaded. I think after reading the whole article you can easily Fix VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error on Windows 10.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com