If you are facing Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error, then read more to Fix Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error.
Hello! Internet Viewers, How are you all, I hope all are doing great, Today we are here with a new concept that every Windows 10 user must know, First of all, heartily inviting you to this article, The article is How to Fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management error, I think this is a common error that every user must face and had an experience with the Blue screen memory management errors, due to some reasons this error occurs on Windows 10.
If you are really searching for the best fixing methods to solve the Windows 10 Blue Screen memory Management error, for that type of people, you’re on the right platform to know and fix the issue and this is the best reference to know.
In this article, we are ready to discuss the basic information of Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error and clearly explains its reasons and also briefly tells the various methods to fix the Windows 10 Blue screen Memory Management error, the methods are quite simple and easy you can easily go through it there is no difficulty you can quickly solve the error on Windows 10.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 What is Blue Screen Memory Management Error?
- 0.2 Reasons behind the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error
- 1 Methods to Fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error
- 1.1 Method #1: Restart the Computer
- 1.2 Method #2: Run the Disk Check
- 1.3 Method #3: Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test
- 1.4 Method #4: Scan the Virus infection
- 1.5 Method #5: Repair System Files
- 1.6 Method #6: Clean the Temporary Files and Folders
- 1.7 Method #7: Update Video Card Driver
- 1.8 Method #8: Check and Remove the Recently Installed Software
- 1.9 Method #9: Return the PC settings to their default
- 1.10 Method #10: Update the OS
- 1.11 Method #11: Check the Disk for Errors
- 1.12 Method #12: Run System Restore
- 1.13 Method #13: Check the Program causing memory leaks
- 1.14 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.15 Conclusion:
What is Blue Screen Memory Management Error?
Generally, the Blue Screen Memory Management Error is one type of error that occurred on memory due to some reasons and it is especially found in Memory Management Feature, a critical memory management error will cause the computer to the Blue Screen of Death(BSOD).
Here in this article, we can discuss the reasons and also the fixing methods to solve the error
Reasons behind the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error
There are some reasons behind the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management error, in this article, we briefly explain the reasons
- Due to damage or faulty or wrong video drivers
- Sometimes this issue is due to disk errors
- The issue is due to software or hardware conflicts
- Memory is fully occupied by unnecessary files on the system
- Faulty RAM
- The system files are corrupted
- Malware, Firmware and Virus infections
- Sometimes this issue is happening due to new hardware i.e graphics card
- Corrupted Operating System and system files
- Lack of update of hardware and missing drivers
Methods to Fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error
In this article, we are explaining the methods to fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error
- Restart the Computer
- Run the Disk Check
- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test
- Scan the Virus infection
- Repair System Files
- Clean the temporary files and folders
- Update Video Card Driver
- Check and remove the recently installed software
- Return the PC settings to their default
- Update the OS
- Check the disk for errors
- Run System Restore
- Check the Program causing memory leaks
Method #1: Restart the Computer
Before going to do any process the user must initially restart the computer, a simple restart can solve so many issues it is proven that restarting the computer can fix bugs and errors. This will help to create a fresh environment and remove temporary files available on the computer.
Follow the below simple steps to restart the computer
- First of all, Press the Windows Key on the keyboard.
- Then select the Power button that is located on the left side bottom of the screen.
- In that, you must click on the Restart option.
- It takes a few minutes to complete the restart process.
- After completion of restart check whether the issue is solved or not.
If not solve the issue then jump to another method in order to fix the issue.
Method #2: Run the Disk Check
The Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error is due to a corrupted NTFS volume, to do this you must follow some simple steps
- Initially, on the keyboard, you must tap on Windows + S keys to launch the search box.
- Then enter cmd on the search box to run the Command Prompt
- Next right-click on the Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
- Now you must enter the chkdsk/f/r and then Hit Enter on the keyboard.
- Then it asked Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system restarts? then tap on the Y key on the Keyboard.
- After that, the user must close the Command Prompt.
- At last Restart the Computer to apply the changes.
Check whether the issue is solved or not, if not you must try another method to solve the issue.
Method #3: Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test
If the system has faulty RAM(Random Access Memory) and memory you must try this method to solve the issue, the Windows Diagnostic Tool is the default tool that is used to test the RAM.
Below are the steps to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test, just follow them
- First of all, you must press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard to launch the Run command.
- Then enter mdsched.exe and Press Enter
- Now select either Restart now and check for problems( recommended) to check the memory directly or else Check for problems the next time I start my computer if you want to keep the computer on the computer and later check the memory.
- Whenever the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool is running then you will notice the screen displays the number of passes it performs including the time it takes to progress.
- In case, the user does not any errors it means the memory available on the computer is good.
If all is good then try another fix
After completion of the test, the user must launch the Event Viewer to see the log report
For that, you must follow some simple steps.
- Press the Windows Start Menu.
- Then select Event Viewer or simply search it on the search bar.
- Now select Event Viewer( Local) and then Windows Logs.
- Next tap on System.
- After that select the Find option.
- Then enter Memory Diagnostic and then Press Find Next to start the searching process of the report.
- The first result will represent the result of the test, if there are any errors then it will be displayed below the General tab.
If there are no errors detected then you are still facing the issue then jump to another method in order to fix the issue.
Method #4: Scan the Virus infection
One of the effective methods to solve the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error, due to the presence of a virus, firmware or malware sometimes this error occurred in order to fix this issue the user must scan the virus infection with the help of Antivirus software on the system.
Follow the below simple steps to scan the virus infection on Windows 10 in order to fix the Windows 10 Blue screen Memory Management Error.
The user must remember one thing you must use the default antivirus program instead of any third-party antivirus program i.e we recommend you to use the Windows Defender, with the help of this antivirus program we can clearly identify the malicious and suspicious scripts and applications that are available on the system and causes the permanent harm to the device, in some cases only we are getting the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error due to virus and malware infection.
Here we are using the default Windows Defender antivirus program to scan the system
- First of all, the user must Move to the search bar or simply press the Windows + S keys on the keyboard to launch the search bar.
- Then enter Windows Security on the search bar and hit Enter.
- Click on the related search results to open the Windows Security.
- Now move to the Virus & Threat Protection tab with the help of the home screen or the menu that is located on the left side of the pane.
- Next tap on the Scan Options link.
- After that choose the Full scan option, it is helpful to examine each and every single file on all the drives to secure the system with no hidden threats
Note: The entire process may take above 1-2 hours based upon the files that are available on the system.
- Then select the Scan Now button to start the scan, if it identifies or detects any threat then Windows 10 will automatically remove or delete the threat, after completion of the delete the user can also check the infected files that are deleted on the system.
Method #5: Repair System Files
Usually, the Blue Screen Memory Management Error is due to corrupted system files, due to some reasons the system files are damaged, broken, or corrupted, so its results the Blue Screen Error, ti fix this issue the user must repair the system files.
To do this you must follow the below simple steps.
Generally, there are two ways to repair the system files one is you must run the SFC/scannow command and another way is to repair and replace the corrupted files with the help of Reimage.
Run SFC/ Scannow Command:
- Initially, on the keyboard, you must press and hold down the Windows+ R keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog.
- Then enter cmd and then Press Shift+Ctrl+ Enter keys at the same time on the keyboard to run the Command Prompt on the administrator mode.
The user must remember one thing i.e you didn’t tap on OK or simply hit the Enter key and it doesn’t allow the user to launch the Command Prompt on the administrator mode.
- Now you must Enter sfc/scannow(or copy-paste) and then hit Enter.
- It takes some time to complete the verification, so you must wait for some time.
- Once completion of verification, you must Restart the Computer, must check whether the Blue Screen error is fixed or not.
It also shows the broken and corrupted files but does not fix the files, so the user must select the DISM( Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool for clear examination and repair.
Using Reimage Repair & replaces corrupted system files:
Basically, the Reimage is an excellent and powerful tool to repair and rebuild Windows, it is usually customized the particular system that works in both private as well as automatic way, it causes no damage and harm to the PC and there is no chance of losing the programs and the personal data.
To do this the user must follow the below simple steps carefully
- First of all, download and install the Reimage on Windows 10.
- Then launch the Reimage and then run it as a free scan, it takes a few minutes to run the free scan.
- Now the user can notice the summary of the detected issues on the PC, so tap on START REPAIR then it automatically fixes the issues.
Note: The user need not buy the full version, usually it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, so the user can get the refund any time, in case the Reimage didn’t solve the issue.
If you need any support or help then just tap on the question mark that is located on the upper right corner of the software.
Method #6: Clean the Temporary Files and Folders
We all know that Windows 10 frequently creates temporary files and folders, if the files and folders are highly stored then it results in the system performance and speed and also causes Memory management errors, Don’t worry with the help of the Disk Cleanup utility the user can delete or remove the junk files and save the space and also fix the issues those are related to memory.
Follow the below simple steps to run the Disk Cleanup utility to clean the temporary files and folders on Windows 10.
- First of all, the user must launch the search bar or press Windows + S keys on the keyboard to open the search bar.
- Then on the search bar enter Disk Cleanup and then tap on the first appeared search results.
- Now the user must choose the Windows 10 system drive and then tap on the OK button, generally, the system is installed on Disk C.
- Next on the new windows, you can notice all the space that is occupied by temporary files and folders, Remember you must choose the Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files, the user can also remove the other junk files namely Thumbnails or DirectX Shader Cache if you choose the files and folders to remove then simply tap on OK button.
- After that, it displays a pop up then in the dialog box simply tap on Delete Files, then it begins the removal process and also frees up the space on the device.
- Finally, it asks whether are you sure to delete the files permanently, simply tap on Yes.
Note: Suppose the user mistakenly or accidentally delete the files via Disk Cleanup then don’t worry you can recover them easily with the help of MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Method #7: Update Video Card Driver
This error is mainly due to lack of updates or outdated graphics card drivers, usually, each and every graphics card comes with an inbuilt memory module, so windows is unable to manage or control the memory properly, so it results in the memory management error, this is especially due to mismanagement of memory causes because of faulty or damaged graphics card drivers.
To update the Video Card driver properly the user must follow some simple steps.
We all know that there are mainly two ways to update the driver i.e manually and automatically.
Manual Driver Update: If you want to update the driver manually then you must navigate to the official website to the video card manufacturer’s website and then find out the correct and latest video driver, suppose you get this on a laptop then simply move to the laptop manufacturer’s website in order to fix the issue.
It takes so much time if the user has patience and enough time to update the driver manually then go for the manual update, in case you don’t have any time, computer skills, knowledge, or patience then simply update the driver automatically. you can use any software to update the driver automatically.
Automatic Driver Update:
Here in this article, we are using Driver Easy to update the driver manually.
For that, the user must carefully follow some simple steps
- Initially, you must download and install the Driver Easy on Windows 10.
- Then launch it and tap on the Scan Now option.
- It automatically starts the scanning process and perfectly detects the issues and problems on the drivers.
- Now tap on the Update button that is preceding all identified video devices to allow the automatic download and installation of the correct and latest version of its driver( The user is complete;y allowed to perform the same thing on the Free version also)
- Or else select Update All to download and install the correct version of drivers automatically if they are missing or outdated on the system( To do this you need a Pro version that usually comes with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee, then the user can get a prompt to upgrade whenever they tap on Update All button)
If you have a doubt regarding how to check the driver updates on windows 10, don’t worry simply follow the below steps
- You must select the Windows icon that is located on the left side bottom of the screen or simply press the Windows logo key on the keyboard to launch the Start Menu.
- Then select Settings or press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Now tap on the Update & Security tab, in that you notice all the Windows Update settings.
- Next, navigate to the Windows Update section and then tap on the View optional updates link if available.
- You must enlarge the Driver updates section and check the drivers who want the update.
- For updating the drivers just put the checkmark that is next to them and then tap on Download and Install button.
- At last, allow Windows 10 to update the drivers.
- After completion of the update, restart/ reboot the computer.
Update Specific Drivers:
If you are thinking about how can I update the specific drivers i.e video card driver, the user can update each and every driver manually, here we are suggesting the user update the video card driver and the PCI Memory Controller driver, suppose the user didn’t have any idea regarding the drivers then simply look up the devices and there is a yellow exclamation mark i.e next to them simply go through them and update them.
- Press and hold down the Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select the Device Manager option that is shown on the WinX menu.
- Now the user must right-click on any driver that you wish to update and then choose the Update driver that is shown on the context menu.
- Next chose the method that you wish to update the driver, the user can choose either Windows 10 search for a driver automatically or manually locate the new driver file that is already available on the computer.
- It takes some time to complete the installation of the driver.
- You can repeat the same process for any other drivers that you want to update.
Finally, check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #8: Check and Remove the Recently Installed Software
Sometimes the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error is due to recently or newly installed software, some recently and newly installed applications are may and may not be compatible with the operating system and also activate the memory management error, so the user must check and remove the recently installed software in order to fix the issue.
- First of all, move to the Start menu.
- Then enter Control Panel.
- In that move to the Programs and Features tab.
- Now the user must choose the programs that are recently added.
- Next tap on Uninstall option.
- Finally, restart the computer and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #9: Return the PC settings to their default
Whenever the user can enhance the PC’s clock rate and run it at a higher speed than its originally designed speed, in this type of situation the user can get several technical issues and Blue Screen Memory Management error is also one of them.
To fix the issue the user must return to the PC settings to the default, in case the user is using several overclocking tools then you must return back to the computer’s settings to default and check whether the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management error is fixed or not.
Method #10: Update the OS
Before going to do anything with the system, make sure the Operating system should be up-to-date, due to lack of updates you may encounter many issues, Blue Screen Memory management error is also one of the issues. To fix it the user must update the Operating System with the latest one.
Initially, you must check the OS is completely up to date, sometimes outdated system files will arise with so many unexpected errors, so you must check the pending update and quickly identify it and immediately fix the issue.
Follow the below simple steps to Update the Operating system
- Press Windows +I keys on the keyboard to launch the Settings.
- Then select the Update & Security tab.
- Now move to check below the Windows Update to see any pending updates are available.
- If you notice any updates then save the important files and then select the Restart Now button.
After restart, check whether the error is solved or not.
Method #11: Check the Disk for Errors
If you want to check the disk for errors then follow the below simple steps.
- First of all, launch the Command Prompt and run it as an Administrator.
- Then enter the command i.e chkdsk C: /f
- Now, you must replace the C with the letter of the SSD partitions and then Press Enter.
- Next, the chkdsk D:/f command will perfectly detect and repair the logical issues that are affecting the drive.
- If you want to repair the physical issues, you must run the r parameter.
Method #12: Run System Restore
Run the system restore or reset the system is not a sufficient way to solve the error but we are trying to do this in case it fixes the error, but you must remember one thing while doing this the user must lose the data, software, and also some important things, so make sure you must back up the data, files, and anything before going to do this, follow the below simple steps to reset the Windows in order to fix the Memory Management errors on Windows 10.
It also helps to remove or delete the recently added apps and programs, sometimes the system restore option will allow the user to restore the system without losing any data.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Then select Update & Security.
- Next tap on Recovery which is located on the left pane.
- After that, you must tap on Get Started.
- Below Reset this PC and select to Keep your files.
- You must follow some instructions that are displayed on the screen to finish the reset process.
Method #13: Check the Program causing memory leaks
Some programs cause memory leaks on the system, so that’s why we are facing the Blue screen memory management error on Windows 10.
To check the programs that cause the memory leaks you must follow the below simple steps
- Open the Task Manager.
- Then choose the Processes tab to view the apps that use more memory.
- You need to click on the particular process and then tap on the End Task button to disable the programs.
- At last check, all the running processes on the system and then identify the programs that cause the memory leaks and disable them completely.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) Explain BSOD Loop?
Answer: Usually the Windows 10 Blue Screen loop is an error that is caused whenever the user is stuck in the Blue Screen of death reboot loop, it is occurred by the Windows Update and also a device driver update that is recently installed hardware.
- Question 2) How can I increase the virtual memory manually?
Answer: The user can easily increase the virtual memory manually on the device, for that you must follow some simple steps.
- Move to the Start menu and then enter Advanced System Settings.
- Then double-tap on the appeared result.
- Now select the Advanced tab and then tap on Settings below the Performance panel
- Next, again tap on the Advanced tab and then move to Virtual Memory Panel.
- In that choose Change.
- After that, you must clean the automatically manage paging file size for all drives box.
- At last tap on Drive( Volume Label) and then select the Custom Size option.
- The user must add or insert the new size in the megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum Size(MB) box and click on Set.
While increasing the virtual memory the user can fix many issues.
- Question 3) How to Run the Safe Mode on Windows 10 to fix the Memory Management Error?
Answer: You can also use the Safe mode to solve the Memory Management Error, it will helps to boots up the OS with the basic drivers.
Follow the below simple steps in order to run the safe mode on Windows 10.
- Press the Windows+ R keys on the keyboard to launch the run dialog.
- Then enter msconfig and tap on OK.
- Now click on the Boot tab that is located on the upper side of the screen.
- Next, choose Safe Boot.
- After that select Minimal that is shown on the list of boot options.
In this article, we are clearly discussing the basic information of Windows 10 Blue screen Memory Management error briefly explaining the reasons behind the issue, and clearly telling the various and best methods to fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error.
People who are facing errors and also searching for effective methods to solve the error, for that type of people this article is the best reference and guide to know, the methods are easy and simple they can quickly and effectively solve the issue.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Memory Management Error, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.