If you are searching for the solution to decrease the high CPU issue created by the Windows Modules Installer Worker on your Windows devices, then you are in the right place to Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker taking High CPU-related issues.
Hai friends, if you are a windows user, then you must know that Windows do automatic updates on Windows. That automatic updates will be done by the Windows Modules Installer Worker which we can also be called it as TiWorker.exe. Actually, TiWorker.exe is also called TrustedInstaller.exe which is Windows inbuilt exe file that helps Windows service for the Windows Updates related automatical installation. This Windows Modules Installer Worker (WMIW) takes high CPU usage on your Windows, don’t bother about that, here in this article, I am going to give you different methods to decrease the High CPU usage by WMIW or to stop the automatic updates on Windows devices.
- Note: When WMIW is working on your Windows you may notice CPU fan spinning speed at high speed which may lead to freezing of your Operating system. Make a note that when Windows CPU fan spins at high, then some application on your Windows device uses high CPU.
Actually, TiWorker.exe is a back-end updater on Windows devices. When you start your Windows device it will also automatically starts and works in the background. The main work of TiWorker.exe is it will the Windows devices for the new updates when there is any new update is happening then it will use your system resources and start updating the new updates and it will automatically complete all the updating process.
- How to Get Music.Apple.com Settings
- How to Free Up Space on iPhone Photos
- Why iPad Pro Dead and Not Charging
- How to Fix Unidentified Network Ethernet on Windows 10
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Reasons that cause Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue
- 2 Methods to fix the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue
- 3 Method 2: Use the troubleshooter for windows.
- 4 Method 3: Stop the Automatic Update of Windows
- 5 Method-4: Use the System File Checker( SFC) Scan
- 6 Method-5: Disable Automatic Maintenance.
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 8 Final conclusion:
What is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
WMIW is an inbuilt program that is developed by Windows developers for automatic updates on Windows-related drivers and other Windows-related sources. I will automatically all the available updates and install them frequently. I think automatic updates are good for the system without any manual involvement, but TiWorker.exe is taking high CPU usage while checking for the updates or while installing the updates. So many users start asking me for the solution to decrease the high CPU usage by the WMIW.
Reasons that cause Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue
The usage of apps that are downloaded into your device and their daily updates come under the main reason that leads to the problem of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue. It’s better to reduce the downloading of apps that are not required for you.
No space in RAM:
As the usage of the apps is filled in the RAM will be one of the reasons that lead to Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue. It’s better to use the new RAM with much space as the solution to overcome the issue.
The continued usage of the device will cause Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue. As the processor continues the works of the apps even when it is not required that will be the main reason for that issue. It’s better to don’t allow the apps to work in the background.
usage of 3rd party apps:
The maximum no of apps won’t run in the background but the apps that are downloaded from the 3rd party apps will run in the background that will allow the app to run in the background so that will be the reason that causes Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue.
These are the major reasons that will cause Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue. So if you are still facing the same issue then here I will provide a clear solution to overcome the issue of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU.
Methods to fix the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue
Method 1: Delete the folder of Software Distribution
First of all, you need to stop the service of an update following the instructions to do so.
- Tap the windows and R keys at a time to open the command page.
- There enter the command “services. msc” and tap enter then
- There raise some services than from that you need to
- Select the service of windows update.
- Later right-click on it and tap on the stop option
That will stop the services related to the updates of the software.
And for deleting the folder of software distribution follow the below instructions
- Open the file manager from the device.
- From that tap on the local disk
- And after that select the windows option there are some of the folders available in it.
- Then select the software distribution from the folder
- Finally right-click on it and tap on the delete option.
This is one of the methods that will solve the issue of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU. If it fails then follow the next method. Maximum this will solve if the issue is related to the software distribution. After doing all the above then refresh windows update then if required update the software that will solve the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue.
Method 2: Use the troubleshooter for windows.
- Click on the start icon of the system.
- From all the options select the option of “Settings”.
- From that navigate it to the “Update and Security”
- Select the 3rd option of Troubleshoot.
- From that select option “windows update” and below that tap on Run the Troubleshooter.
- That will scan the software that is there any issue with the windows
- If yes then that will be cleared with the shooter
This process will allow you to find the trouble and will help you to solve very easily compared to others. Maximum that will solve the issue in case if these methods above fail to solve the issue then you need to follow the next method for solution for Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue.
Method 3: Stop the Automatic Update of Windows
- Click on the start icon of the system.
- From all the options select the option of “settings”.
- Tap on the “Network and Internet”
- From there tap on the “WI FI” option.
- There select the present WI FI that is connected to your device.
- From that to scroll down for “Metered Connection”.
- Switch on to the option “Set as metered connection” available in the WIFI network.
When you set to update the windows automatically then that will be caused to the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue. It’s better to change the option to manual for the updates that are the final solution for the issue of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU.
After doing the above procedure restart the system that will be the solution for the issue of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU.
- How to Fix Unexpected Store Exception on Windows 10 Lenovo
- Why Windows Was Unable to Complete the Format USB Raw
- My External Hard Drive Not Showing Up on Mac
Method-4: Use the System File Checker( SFC) Scan
To scan and fix the corrupted system files on Windows, the system file checker is the best one, suppose one or more files that are related to the Windows Update are corrupted due to some reasons then you can get high resource usage problems.
The system file checker will automatically scan and repair the files.
To do this the user must follow some simple steps
- ON search bar, Type Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
- In that, you need to execute the command i.e sfc/ scannow to run the tool.
- Then click on Enter on the keyboard.
- Finally, it starts scanning the corrupted or missing system files.
- It takes some time to finish the entire process.
- After completion of the process, Restart the computer.
Method-5: Disable Automatic Maintenance.
This is one of the methods to solve the issue, sometimes disabling the automatic maintenance that is running at the backend, while performing this it frees up the system resources and easily fixes the high CPU usage problems.
- On the Windows search bar, type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Then select System and Security and then Security and Maintenance option.
- Then it displays some options on the next window, simply tap on Change Security and Maintenance Settings.
- Finally, deselect all the Automatic Maintenance and tap on the OK button to disable the service.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Is it possible to stop the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue?
Yeah, it is possible as mentioned above instructions that will disable the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue.
- Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue will fill the space in the hard disk?
Yes, the issue will fill the space in the drive. You need to uninstall the 3rd party app to stop that issue.
- Does it affect the performance of the disk?
Yes of course it will damage the performance of the disk so follow the above methods to overcome such issue.
- Why Your DNS Server Might be Unavailable 2022
- How to Fix Critical Process Died No Bootable Device
- How to Fix iPhone Sound Not Working Without Headphones
Hope all the above methods will solve the issue of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU. Even you need to check the connection of the internet for the solution of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue. Using the commands and changing the settings of the internet as well as WI FI will also solve the issue the 1st thing is you need to know where the issue raises that will be much easy to solve the Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Issue.
Thank you Geeks hope all the queries are clarified through this content and if still there are some then just drop them in the comment box feel free to mingle. Maximum I will help you to overcome such issue so feel free to ask any query without any hesitation. Have a good and precious day dude.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.