If you are facing Windows is not able to complete the format, then read this article to know How to Fix Windows Was Unable to Complete the Format Error.
It is the most common error for system users. When you connect a USB flash, SD card, and any other devices the system will display as you format the disk drive before using it. Is it questioned as you format it? If you put the no option then it displays we are not accessing this device. Otherwise, if you give the Format option it stated that Windows is unable to format the disk.
If you need to fix the disk drive bad sectors, then we clean the disk, remove the unnecessary viruses, and so on. And we can perform the disk formatting. If you format the SD card, USB flash drive or any other card drives the computer mostly displays the error message. And it stated that Windows is unable to complete the task. We have other options like troubleshooting.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Useful solutions for Complete the SD card Formatting
Useful solutions for Complete the SD card Formatting
If we get the error message like your windows are unable to complete the task of formatting your USB, SD card, or any other devices. At that time, you do the formatting process then your hard drive is annoying. But don’t worry about that. We ratified the virus from the storage drive is the best option. Furthermore, you have any problems fixing it then you follow the below efficient and effective steps.
Third-Party Tool for Format
We can download and install third-party specially designed tools for your windows when you face these types of problems. Most of the users preferred the “EaseUS Partition Master” software and it was one of the best tools for formatting. We format the hard drive by using this tool with a few clicks. You can format the USB drive to EXT3, FAT32, NTFS, or EXT2, and SD card as you wish. We easy to install and run this partition master,
Steps for formatting drive by using this application
- First, install and run it and it’s going to display it. We make the right click then click the format option in this application.
- Open the new window for setting the File system and partition label and then cluster size which one needs the partition after the selection process then clicks the ok button.
- After you press the ok button then it displays the warning window and it shows another ok button for further confirmation.
- Press the “Execute Operation” button which is located in the top-left corner for changing the reviews after the execute operation. We provide the apply key to start formatting your hard drive partition.
If your cluster size is small then it makes the disk space less wasting. The FAT bigger is defined as a disk with a slower operating system. Moreover, disk management and one-stop partition solutions are provided by the EaseUS Partition Master in hard drive formatting.
Other features of this application are:
- We can move or resize partitions such as we move it from D drive to C drive and we merge, delete, create the partitions.
- If the source is bigger than the target partition then be easy to clone and copy an entire disk.
- We easily convert the primary partition into a logical partition or logical partition into a primary partition, such as NTFS to FAT partition, GPT to MBR disk, or MBR to GPT.
- Windows will be sped up by migration of SSD to OS.
Windows Disk Management Utility
If you are not interested and unaware of using the third party application. We had the other option for running the Windows built-in Disk Management. It contains and allows you to carry the basic operations such as creating, shrinking, deleting, formatting, extending and more options are in-built within it.
- Step 1: If you are using Windows 7 then right-click the computer icon or Are you using Windows 8 to 10 then we go to the “Manage” option. From your right pane pop-up window displays a storage option that has the option for Disk Management.
- Step 2: When you get the warning message like USB or SD card unable to complete the format error then we delete all unnecessary or all partitions. After this process, we get a single volume.
- Step 3: Press the Format option in your right-click. If the device is larger than 4 GB then choose the NTFS file system. Otherwise, choose the FAT32 file system.
Command Prompt Disk Part Usage
- If you fail to format your devices in your windows then we move to the disk part formatting and window disk management by using these formatting methods.
- Main causes of Uncomplete Format Error
- These many different types of factors prevent formal progress in your devices. The USB, SD card, and external hard drive had some main reasons for incomplete formatting in windows.
- The main and first reason is your insertable device contains some file system error. This problem occurs because of much raw data or unsupported file systems like windows which is unable to format your devices. If you want to fix the error then you would use the third-party formatting tool to complete for format.
Bad Sector present in SD and USB
When your device contains some types of bad sectors it prevents you from using the built-in tools in windows. If you want to run your devices then you need to use the repair tools or third-party applications. It will detect the error and correct the devices.
Locked Devices Problem or Third-party Software Problems
If your devices are locked then we cannot run the devices. Otherwise, your third-party application contains the write-protect then we always were not able to format the devices. The only solution for remote write-protect first then we read to format the devices.
Physical Damage of Your Devices
If your devices are physically damaged then we are never able to format those devices. The only way is to repair it or purchase good quality undamaged devices.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com