If you want to access different files on MAC using iPhone or iPad, then you are at the right place. Go through this entirely to find various techniques to access the files on MAC.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Accessing Files On MAC Using Sync:
- 2 Allowing iCloud Drive To Access Files On Your MAC to iPhone/iPad:
- 3 Different Methods For Accessing Files On MAC Using iPhone/iPad:
- 4 How To Delete Unwanted Files While Accessing From MAC Using iPhone/iPad:
Accessing Files On MAC Using Sync:
We can access the different files on MAC to other devices by using the syncing method. Here syncing means nothing but both updating and as well as transferring the data to the other devices time to time
For example, if you have uploaded a picture in your MAC, so that when you use this sync method with other devices like iPhone or iPad then the same picture will get synced to other device which is currently in sync with MAC.
Coming into the detail, if you connect your iPhone or iPad to your MAC by using a USB cable then the device appears in the finder sidebar and when you check the sidebar it always asks you to sync your device with other devices by using the syncing option.
If you go through the syncing options in the sidebar then you can start syncing your images, files, movies or any other data to the devices you want to sync.
Do I Really Need To Sync?
Of course there are some other possibilities that you can sync your devices to the MAC otherwise no.
If you are using iPhone classic, iPhone pod then you really need to sync your whole device to the MAC to access the files.
But if you are using iPhone or iPad, then you need turn on the sync option if you are connected to the same network to access the files.
However if you really don’t want to sync your device then you can simply download whatever the files or apps you want from the iTunes store, the App store and other apple services.
Otherwise if you any iCloud account, then you can use iCloud to transfer the contact, files etc from the MAC.
In this syncing options, you have generally two options to specify you to sync the files in the easiest way. Those are
- Automatically sync all the content.
- Sync specific content.
Lets discuss how can you use iCloud account to access the files on MAC
Allowing iCloud Drive To Access Files On Your MAC to iPhone/iPad:
The first thing to be remembered while accessing the files from MAC using iCloud drive is to make sure that you have gave the respective permissions to access the files located on the desktop and the documents folder on your MAC.
Follow the below mentioned steps to access the files from the MAC using iPhone or iPad
- On the top of the menu bar in your MAC, you can see an apple icon>click on it.
- After clicking on that you can see a drop menu showing system preferences option click on it.
- In the system preferences, you can see so many apps and files appear on that in that click on iCloud.
- However if you are already signed in it allows you otherwise you need to type Apple ID and password to access the iCloud.
- After signing in, a screen displays about iCloud make sure to click on NEXT.
- On the next screen, you can see iCloud drive with a check box make sure check the box
- After the check option at the right side top you can see options bar>click on it.
- On the next screen make sure to click on the check box regarding to desktop and documents folder.
Now wait for sometime until all the documents and files are copied to the iCloud drive and after that click on done option.
Now all the files and documents are available in your iCloud account and you can log in to your iCloud account on any other device to access your files from MAC.
Different Methods For Accessing Files On MAC Using iPhone/iPad:
Accessing Files On MAC Using iPhone/iPad wirelessly:
If you want to access different files on MAC using iPhone by using the iCloud account. Then do follow the below mentioned steps carefully.
- The first step to do is to open the iCloud account in the iPhone/iPad as you are now using iPhone.
- Then on the screen iCloud account appears then make sure to use the right apple ID and password of the account and then sign in.
- After successful login, your iCloud account opens in iPhone/iPad and you can see two options desktop and documents.
- Now by clicking on the desktop option, you can access all the files in the MAC which are present on the desktop.
- Similarly, by clicking on the documents option you can access all the files, images that are stored in the MAC can be accessed.
Accessing Files On MAC Using iPhone/iPad with Cable:
Now lets see how to access files by using a cable which is connected between the MAC and iPhone/iPad. Do follow the steps carefully while using the cable as we are not using any iCloud account here.
- The first step to do is to connect a supplied cable to the MAC and iPhone/iPad however if you have USB-C Mac, then you will need an adapter to connect it.
- The next step is to click on the finder icon and it opens the finder window at the left side.
- Now at the sidebar click on your particular IOS device name on the screen.
- This is a reminder that if it is the first time you are using the cable to connect the device, then make sure to click TRUST on the finder window.
- After clicking on the trust, it asks you to enter your passcode for the confirmation.
- Next step is on the screen you can see the files tab, click on that and you can see different apps and files in the MAC to be shared to iPhone/iPad.
- After that select the files on the MAC that you want to transfer to your iPhone/iPad on the other side of the finder window.
- Now drag the files which are compatible to your OS.
Finally select all the files and media you want and transfer to your iPhone/iPad and then wait for some time as it takes some time to finish the entire process.
How To Delete Unwanted Files While Accessing From MAC Using iPhone/iPad:
If you want delete some unwanted files while you are accessing the files from the MAC then do follow the below mentioned steps carefully to delete the unwanted files
- Give the supplied cable connection to the MAC and iPhone/iPad to access the files.
- Next click on the finder icon to open the finder window and then click on your IOS device name in the sidebar.
- Now you can see a files tab on clicking on that you can see various files and apps
- You can see a triangle at the side of the tab click on it and select the file that you want to delete.
- Give a right click on the file and select destroy for the confirmation.
We can access files from MAC without using the iTunes by following the below mentioned methods
- Transferring the files from MAC to iPhone/iPad or from iPhone/iPad to MAC by using transfer software.
- Transferring files from iPhone to MAC wirelessly via AirDrop.
- Transferring files from MAC to iPhone/iPad by using iCloud drive.
- Can I access my files on mac using iPhone?
iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.
2. How do I access documents on my MAC from my iPad?
To see your saved files on a Mac, go to Finder > iCloud Drive. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to the Files app.
3. Why I can’t see my iPad in finder?
If you connected your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a USB cable and don’t see it in the Finder sidebar, make sure that you have the right option selected in Finder preferences.
Accessing files from Mac using iPhone/iPad can be possible in both wired and wireless. The above mentioned can be very helping in accessing the files from MAC to other devices via iCloud account. Go thoroughly of every method and choose any of the method which easy and simple to you for accessing the files either by using cable or iCloud drive.
Thanks For Choosing OMGEEKY
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.