PSN ID refers to as PlayStation Network ID utilized for identification. The PSN ID or PSN Name will be your username or identification for accessing the PSN (PlayStation Network). This is your unique & also public display name reflected on your network account (Sony Entertainment). For the first time, you can change or modify your PSN name for free and the next time the non-members are charged at £7.99 or $9.99.
In the meantime, the PS (PlayStation) Plus members are charged at £3.99 or $4.99. The PSN name will be used for looking up trophies, based on your account privacy settings, displaying your name when playing online, and many more. The PSN name is directly integrated with your email address that can be used for signing into your PSN account and also manages the same.
Content Include on This Article
Choosing your Online PSN Name
Find below the list of important things you need to consider while selecting your appropriate online PSN Name:
- If your online PSN name includes any potentially or offensive harmful content then it may override the CCC (Community Code of Conduct). In case if the PSN Name is deemed offensive, the associated account will be placed with a permanent ban and as well as the created system.
- It is also advisable for the players not to create the PSN ID that can easily identify themselves across the online players. If you are using any name part for the PSN ID then it is the User Agreement violation when creating an account.
- Most of your first choices for PSN Online ID will be selected by various other users. You need to try altering the PSN Online ID to make it unique and until it shows as Available.
- Each PSN Online ID must be at least 3 characters length and up to a maximum of 16 characters. It may also include underscores (_), hyphens (-), numbers, and letters.
Changing your PSN Name
There are various methods for changing your PSN (PlayStation Network) name. On a web browser, you need to log in to your PSN account and choose your appropriate PSN profile. Tap the Edit icon using your PSN Online ID and then select your favorite online ID by following the provided directions. Please understand that if you are using a PS (PlayStation) Vita or a PS3 device then not possible for changing your PSN Online ID.
PS4 (PlayStation4) – Changing your PSN Name
It is much easier to change your PSN (PlayStation Network) name directly using your PS4 (PlayStation 4.0) device.
- First of all, access the Settings page on your PlayStation 4.0 console.
- Now, choose the Account Management menu.
- Then select your appropriate PlayStation Profile within the Account Information sub-menu.
- Select the Online ID option.
- Now, you need to input your new PSN name or (PlayStation ID) without accessing the web browser.
PC (Computer) or Smartphone – Changing your PSN Name
- Log in to your PSN (PlayStation Network) account and choose the appropriate PSN profile from the main menu.
- Choose the Edit icon that is located near to your PSN Online ID.
- Now, input your favorite or suggested PSN name to change.
- Go through the provided directions to change or modify your PSN name.
Web Browser – Changing your PSN Name
The easiest and the best method for changing your PSN (PlayStation Network) name are using your web browser.
- Open up a web browser and visit the PlayStation official website for logging into your PSN (PlayStation Network) account.
- You can also access the avatar to showcase various commands from the drop-down window.
- Access your Account Settings and navigate to your appropriate PSN profile.
- Again, you need to input your PSN account password to display your PSN Online ID or Name (which will be displayed on the top right-hand side screen corner of the page).
- Tap the Edit icon and now, input your favorite PSN name to change or modify.
You can visit the online websites to know the entire list of supported & impacted games using your PSN name. After changing your new PSN Online ID, it is also possible to display both the new Online ID & previous Online ID for your friends or family members to recognize you. If you skip this process then it is not possible to modify this option later.
Risks & Restrictions
The PSN (PlayStation Network) Name changing feature is not the best solution and it may lead to various notable restrictions. It is advisable to consider this feature before making any changes. If you are using the Child accounts then it is not possible to change the minor account PSN names until they are 18 years old. Some of the online games will not recognize your modified PSN names.
This feature is not supported by Vita & PS3 games, only the published games (after 1st April 2018) are compatible to support the PSN name on the PlayStation 4.0 devices. Sony Entertainment informed that the most popular PS4 games are designed to recognize the new or modified PSN online ID for their online users include Knack2 to Doom. These games were also published before 1st April 2018 hence; it is advisable to access the official website to know the list of supported games.
Based on your gameplay, it is also possible for risking losing data after changing your PSN Online ID or name. This may include potentially losing your paid DLC, saved data, game progress, or even the trophy information. Hence, you need to think hard and long before changing or modifying your PSN name. In case if you are experiencing any issues then it is much easier to switch back your PSN Online ID to its original state.
PSN Name Changing Cost & Switching Back Feature
Sony Entertainment is offering the PSN (PlayStation Network) users to change or modify their preferred PSN names only once for free. If they would like to change their PSN Online ID from the next time, the PS (PlayStation) Plus members will be charged at $5 and non-members at $10. Subsequent changes or modifications will also include an additional cost of $10 or $5 to settling your PSN Online ID or PSN Name for a long time.
In case if you would like to revert & preferred to utilize your old or previous PSN name then it is much easier to revert without any additional cost. The PSN name is not available permanently to other users and not able to identify for switching your PSN name. For the first 30 days, both new PSN name & old PSN name will be displayed on your PSN profile to avoid confusion across your friends or online players.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com