If you are searching for the methods to change ip address on your Android, Windows, iOS, and Mac, then read more to know How to Change the IP Address on Any Device?
Hello! Internet Viewers, I am so happy to invite you to this article, I think you are searching for steps to change the IP Address on the Android device or another device, for that type of people this article is the best reference.
In this article, we are clearly discussing the basic information of IP Addresses and types of IP Addresses and the necessity to change the IP address, and briefly explaining the steps to change the IP Address on Any Device, and finally tells the steps to change the IP address on Router, using VPN and gives the steps to connect the Proxy Server on any device.
- How to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration
- Download Cydia Tweak to Find WiFi Password on Jailbroken iPhone
- List Out the Free iPhone VPN Apps For Viewing Blocked Sites
- Methods to Fix iPhone GPS Problem on iOS
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How to Change the IP Address Manually on Android?
- 1.1 How to Change IP Address Automatically on Android?
- 1.2 How to Change IP Address on iOS?
- 1.3 How to Change IP Address Automatically on iOS?
- 1.4 How to Change IP Address Manually on Mac?
- 1.5 How to Change IP Address Automatically on Mac?
- 1.6 How to Change IP Address Manually on Windows?
- 1.7 How to Change IP Address Automatically on Windows?
- 1.8 How to Change IP Address Manually on Router?
- 1.9 How to Change the IP Address Using VPN?
- 1.10 How to Connect Proxy Server on Mac?
- 1.11 How to Connect Proxy Server on Windows?
- 1.12 How to Connect Proxy Server on Android?
- 1.13 How to Connect Proxy Server on iOS?
- 1.14 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.15 Conclusion:
What is IP Address?
IP Address is an individual address that is used to identify the device especially on the internet or a local network, Generally, IP stands for Internet Protocol that is a set of rules that controls the format of data transfer through the internet or local network.
It is used to connect the Internet and perfectly identify the devices namely desktops, mobile devices, and servers that usually communicate with each other and transform among various computers, routers, and websites, this plays a vital role in the internet works.
It is represented in the form of string numbers that are divided by periods and expressed in the form of four numbers.
Types of IP Addresses:
Generally, the IP Addresses are classified into various categories, based upon the type of connection or the ISP’s preference the user is allocated to Static IP Adress or a Dynamic IP address they are
The Necessity to Change the IP Address:
The main necessity to change the IP address is
- To get the previously blocked websites.
- Protect the Data
- To maintain Unknown access to data.
- For creating the different accounts on the single website.
Also, the necessity to change the IP address is to provide overall security and browsing privacy by simply changing the IP address to either external or public and also for launching the new home router, so the user must reconfigure the network with the quick IP change.
How to Change the IP Address Manually on Android?
You can also change the IP Address manually on Android, following the below simple steps.
- First of all, On Android, move to Settings.
- Then select the Wireless & Networks option.
- Now tap on the Wi-Fi network.
- Next select Modify network.
- After that choose Advanced Options.
- Finally, Change the IP address DHCP to Static.
If the user wishes to select the New IP address of the device automatically then follow this process
How to Change IP Address Automatically on Android?
Not only in the manual you can also change the IP Address automatically on Android
- On Android, move to Settings.
- Then choose Connections.
- Now select Wi-Fi.
- The user must choose the network currently they are using.
- Next tap on Advanced.
- Finally, choose DHCP or else Static.
How to Change IP Address on iOS?
In iPhone also you can easily change the IP address, below we are providing the steps to change the IP address on iPhone.
- On iOS, launch the Settings app.
- Then move to Wi-Fi.
- Now click on the Info icon that is on the Wi-Fi network that you wish to change the IP address.
- Next, navigate to the Static tab.
- The user must enter the related IP address in the IP Address bar.
- Finally, tap on the Wi-Fi icon to save the changes.
- Open Settings app on the iOS home screen.
- Then tap on Wi-Fi.
- Now select Network.
- Next move to IPv4 Address.
- Tap on Configure IP.
- At last, enter the IP address
How to Change IP Address Automatically on iOS?
Follow the below steps in order to change the IP address automatically on iOS.
- Initially navigate to the Settings app.
- Then choose Network.
- Now select the Network you are currently using.
- Next tap on IPv4 Address.
- After that select Configure IP.
- At last, select the Automatic.
- Ways to Fix Error Code 18 on Spotify
- Explain how To Fix A Stop Code Critical Process Died BSOD in Windows 10
- Why My iPad Sound Is Not Working
How to Change IP Address Manually on Mac?
The user can also change or modify the IP address manually on Mac, to do this you need to follow some simple steps.
- On Mac, move to Apple Menu.
- Then navigate to System Preferences.
- Now tap on Network.
- Next, go for Network Connection.
- The user must select Configure IPv4.
- Then click on Manually.
- Enter the IP address.
How to Change IP Address Automatically on Mac?
You can also change the IP address Automatically on Mac
- On Mac, move to System Preferences.
- Then tap on Network.
- Now choose Network Connection
- Then tap on Configure IPv4.
- Finally, choose Using DHCP.
How to Change IP Address Manually on Windows?
Not only for iOS, Android, and Mac devices the user can also change or modify the IP address manually on Windows.
Here we are discussing the steps to change the IP address manually on Windows
- You must select Administrator Account.
- Then tap on Start
- Move to Control Panel.
- Now select Network Connection.
- Next, choose Local Area Connection.
- After that tap on Properties.
- You need to choose the TCP/IP.
- Finally, enter the IP address.
How to Change IP Address Automatically on Windows?
Below are the steps to change the IP address automatically on Windows.
- Firstly, move to Administrator Account.
- Then tap on Start.
- Select Control Panel
- Move to Network Connections.
- Next tap on Location Area Connection.
- Tap on Properties.
- Choose TCP/IP.
- Now select Properties
- Finally, tap on Obtain An IP Address Automatically option.
How to Change IP Address Manually on Router?
If you want to change or modify the Router IP address manually then follow the below simple steps.
- First of all, Turn off the router.
- Then you must turn on the router after one day.
- Next, navigate to the administrative interface and then you must reconnect to the ISP.
If the user is not having the new IP address or is not interested to change the IP address automatically on the device then switch to VPN( Virtual Private Network), with the help of a VPN you can completely replace the IP address and encode the entire web activity, In static the user can get the same IP address every time they connect to the device or in the dynamic they can get a different one.
Usually, Some VPNs provide a dedicated IP address, if the user wants to be the only one for the IP address then switch to connect with the VPN.
How to Change the IP Address Using VPN?
With the help of a VPN, you can change the IP Address, follow the below simple steps.
- First of all, the user must download the VPN app.
- Then create an account.
- Now tap on Connect.
You can use any VPN as you wish, use the best one that provides high-level security and privacy to you are your device.
Here we are giving the list of best VPN’s
- Private Internet Access
- IP Vanish
- Private VPN
- Pure VPN
- Nord VPN
- STRONG VPN
Without VPN you can change the IP address on your device, simply use the Proxy Servers instead of VPN, the Proxy servers are associated with the VPN and perfectly hide the IP address.
How to Connect Proxy Server on Mac?
Follow the below steps to connect the proxy server on Mac
- On Mac, launch Safari the default browser.
- Then tap on System Preferences.
- Now select Advanced.
- Next, choose Change Settings.
- Then it displays a pop-up i.e update the settings along with the information that is given by the network administrator on the System Preferences.
How to Connect Proxy Server on Windows?
You can also easily connect the Proxy Server on Windows, to do this follow the below steps carefully.
- On Windows, move to Administrative Templates.
- Then choose Windows Components.
- Now tap on Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- Select Configure Authenticated Proxy Usage.
- Choose the Disable Authenticated Proxy Usage.
- Finally hit Apply button.
How to Connect Proxy Server on Android?
- On Android, Open Settings.
- Then tap on Wi-Fi.
- Choose the Network Name you using.
- Next tap on Modify Network
- Select Advanced.
- Choose Manual
- The user must enter the desired proxy port and hostname
- Finally, tap on Save.
How to Connect Proxy Server on iOS?
On iOS, you must follow the simple steps to connect to the Proxy server.
- Navigate to the Settings app on the iOS homescreen.
- Then select Wi-Fi
- Choose the I button that is next to the username.
- Now tap on HTTP Proxy
- Next, choose Edit Proxy Settings.
- The user must turn on/ enable the Authentication.
- Discuss the Ways to Make Your Airpods Louder
- How to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac
- How Can I Change the Name on My iPhone
- Steps to Loop a Video on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) What are the Pros and Cons of Static IP Address?
Answer: The pros and cons of Static IP Address is
- It is more reliable and flexible for both gaming and VoIP applications.
- The ideal address for accessing securely remote networks or connections.
- The downtime is less.
- Best for apps and services which use geolocation.
- The devices will reliably communicate with remote devices.
- Compared to its counterpart it is expensive.
- Whenever the service blocks the IP address then the user must change the IP address in order to recover the access.
- This is manually set up by the user.
- There is a chance of potential security risk.
- Tracked easily if the connection resets and doesn’t change.
- Question 2) What are the Pros and Cons of Dynamic IP Address?
Answer: The pros and cons of the Dynamic IP Address are
- Compared to a Static IP address it is less costly.
- It provides better user privacy while the user can modify with every new connection.
- Whether the user is restarting the router at any time then it will change.
- No need for any manual setup process.
- It is unable to whitelist why because the Whitelisting needs a fixed IP.
- The user can share it with multiple users at any time.
- It increases the downtime.
- Unable to access in remote areas i.e lack of remote access functionality.
- Question 3) How to Find the IP address on Android?
Answer: If you want to find the IP address on Android, then follow the below simple steps.
- On Android, simply move to Settings.
- Then click on System.
- In that select About Phone.
- Now click on Status.
- Next, you must scroll down then you notice the both local IP and Mac address of the Android device.
- Question 4) How to Change the IP address on Android to Another Country?
Answer: The user can easily switch to or change the IP address on Android to Another Country, just follow the below simple steps.
- Use the VPN
- Use Browser
- Proxy Server
With the help of the above three, the user can easily change the IP address to Another country.
This article clearly discusses the basic information of IP address and types of IP address and the necessity to change the IP address on any device and also briefly explains the steps to change the IP address on any device and also discuss the steps to change the IP address on Router and using VPN and Last How to Connect the Proxy Server on various devices(Android, iOS, Mac and Windows).
For people who are searching for the steps to change the IP Address on Any device, that type of person this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.