If a critical process unpredictably stops in your Windows 10, then read more to know How To Fix A Stop Code Critical Process Died BSOD in Windows 10?
Windows 10, Microsoft’s latest and new OS (Operating System), is very safe and stable than earlier versions. A critical process unpredictably stopping is the only reason for the majority of BSODs. The BSOD (stands for Blue Screen of Death) is a symbol of a deadly system error. It is commonly an indication that a critical system procedure has failed in different ways.
BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) is an annoying experience as it usually disturbs web browsing and computer. Having this error on your PC and laptop shows that your Windows Operating System (OS) has some issue with continuing one or more of your system’s critical processes.
The BSOD error mostly occurs when your Windows gets upgraded or occasionally when you download or install a new Windows OS on your computer. There is no need to panic after seeing the Stop Code Critical Process Died BSOD error. To fix the stop code critical process died BSOD error, you need to follow the below-provided methods.
- How to Get Available DNS Server
- How to Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker High Disk on Reddit
- Steps to Cancel Apple Subscription
- How to Free Up Space on iPhone Without Deleting Apps
Main Causes of Stop Code Critical Process Died BSOD:
- During the Windows upgrade procedure or even after a successful update, the BSOD stop code may appear because of the RAM issue, compatibility issue, bad sectors, corrupted or modified system files, and many more.
- The Windows 10 Stop Code Critical process died error occurred when the procedure required booting the OS completely accidentally for many unspecified reasons.
- This update may cause many errors, for instance, missing partitions, slow startup speed, and many more.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods To Solve A Stop Code Critical Process Died BSOD Error:
- 1.1 Method 1: Restart PC in Safe and Secure Mode:
- 1.2 Method 2: Check The Integrity Of Windows PC Files:
- 1.3 Method 3: Run DSIM Command in Search Window:
- 1.4 Method 4: Upgrade Your Drivers:
- 1.5 Method 5: Run The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter:
- 1.6 Method 6: Scan and Clean Boot:
- 1.7 Method 7: Uninstall The Windows Updates:
- 1.8 Method 8: Run System Restore:
- 1.9 Method 9: Roll Back, Disable, and Uninstall Drivers:
- 1.10 Method 10: Reinstall The Operating System:
Methods To Solve A Stop Code Critical Process Died BSOD Error:
Method 1: Restart PC in Safe and Secure Mode:
- First of all, you have to restart your computer and hit the Shift + f8 keys together while the Motherboard is starting; ensure you press these keys before the Windows icon looks.
- After completing the task, go to the Advance Repair Option and then choose the Troubleshoot > Advanced Options and press on the “Windows Startup Settings” tab.
- At last, allow “Safe Mode” and open your computer or laptop.
- Upon restart, you will not acquire a Critical Process Died BSOD error. After that, it will load Windows in a safe and secure mode.
Method 2: Check The Integrity Of Windows PC Files:
- You have to mention the command prompt in the find box. Now, press on the Command Prompt and choose the “Run as administrator” tab to launch the command window.
- Now, mention the SFC /Scannow and hit on the “Enter” key. You will have to wait for three to five minutes until the system scan is over.
- After the completion of verification, if there are no degraded system files, you may get a note, “Windows Resource Security found no integrity violations.”
- Finally, you will have to restart your PC if this command prompt has fixed any file.
Method 3: Run DSIM Command in Search Window:
- First of all, mention the Command Prompt in the find window.
- Now, choose to run an administrator, and then Copy-paste DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restore health and press on the “Enter” tab in Command Prompt window.
- Please wait for a few seconds to finish the process; based on the disk’s size, it takes 5 minutes.
- After finishing scanning, start your Windows machine again to evaluate if the Windows critical procedure died error message has gone or not.
Method 4: Upgrade Your Drivers:
- You may effortlessly access the device “Device Manager” with shortcut keys such as Window + X.
- After pressing the combination keys, press on it from the list of choices that appear.
- All the drivers who have this problem with them, so you have to press the first one and select the “Update Driver Software” to proceed.
- Choose the first option, which allows you to find the new accessible version or update the driver.
- Now, wait and allow your PC to perform the work for you.
- If there is any update, it will be recovered soon, and your driver will be upgraded immediately.
- How to Charge iPad Without Charger
- Fix Unidentified Network No Internet Access Ethernet
- How to Fix Unexpected Store Exception While Gaming
Method 5: Run The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter:
- To access the Windows Troubleshooter, select the “Windows Start Menu” and hit on the “Settings” option. In the Windows Settings section, choose the Update & Security and press on the “Troubleshoot” tab.
- A list of suggested troubleshooting solutions will automatically be registered under the suggested troubleshooting section.
- Different troubleshooting tests are listed, which come under the “Get-up and running and Search” and fix other issues sections. Choose the option to start the troubleshooter.
- You can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to evaluate for hardware problems.
- It may also operate directly by hitting the Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog box, and mention the msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic, then hit “OK” to run the device.
- In the “Diagnostics Troubleshooting Wizard” section, you have to hit on the “Next” tab to start scanning your computer for hardware problems.
Method 6: Scan and Clean Boot:
- If you face the BSOD Critical Process Died Windows 10 error, you may select to run a clean boot in a secure mode.
- Now, hit the Win+R keys to launch the Run box and mention the MSConfig to launch the System Configuration window.
- After that, select Selective startup, check to Hide all Microsoft facilities, and hit on the “Disable All” button.
Method 7: Uninstall The Windows Updates:
- Now, you have to hit on the “Windows + I” keys to launch the Windows 10 Settings.
- Then, go to Update & Security, choose Windows Update, and hit on the “View update history” tab.
- After that, hit on the “Uninstall Updates” option.
- In the following Window, choose the update you wish to remove and hit on the “Uninstall” option.
- At last, restart your Windows device. You should no longer face a critical process that died on Windows 10.
Method 8: Run System Restore:
Well, in order to fix the stop code critical process died BSOD error then you can try this method which is system restore by using some troubleshooting steps. Do follow the below steps carefully to solve this issue.
- The first thing you need to do is to use the USB installer to boot your system and then click on the repair of your computer. There you can see a dialogue box make sure to click on the advanced option.
- Now you can again see a dialogue box showing different options make sure to click on troubleshoot.
- Again you see the advanced option in the troubleshoot to make sure to click on that.
- Now you can see different options in the advanced options make sure to click on the system restore option.
- In the restore, option make sure to choose your restore point and then click on next. On the creation of restore points, the applications will no longer be visible.
- Now finally click on the finish button to complete the process and check whether the error is rectified or not.
Method 9: Roll Back, Disable, and Uninstall Drivers:
However, to rectify the error the first thing you can do is upgrade the drivers but if it is not working then try this method. Do follow the below steps carefully to rectify the error.
- The first step you need to do is to go to the PC option and then click on the manage option which is available in it.
- Now in the manage option make sure to click on the device manager option which is as shown in the figure.
- In the device manager option you can see all the devices on your PC now make sure to click on the network adapters>intel wireless option>properties.
- In the properties, option make sure to click on the driver option at the top side of the properties
- Now in the driver option click on the rollback option or you can even click on uninstall option which removes the drivers.
Method 10: Reinstall The Operating System:
Well, before starting this procedure make sure that you have copied all the data on your PC like music, files, data, movies, etc. by using a USB pen drive and then follow the below steps carefully to know the process.
- Now go to the official page of windows 10 and then you can see two options make sure to click on the download tool.
- After successful installation of windows 10 now you can see a dialogue box on the screen make sure to click on accept>next options.
- Now you have to fill the language options and the driver options in the details box that appears on the screen.
- Select the drive which you have been connected to your pc that is a USB flash drive.
- After successful completion of the process windows, 10 will be downloaded to your PC.
- How to Fix Windows Was Unable to Complete the Format on Reddit
- How to Open External Hard Drive on PC
- Where is iPad Sound Settings
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) What hardware can cause critical process died?
Answer: Another big cause of Critical Process Died is faulty or buggy hardware or software programs installed. If you’ve recently installed some programs or hardware components, try to upgrade them to the latest versions available or remove them completely from your PC.
- Question 2) Does the critical process Died a hardware issue?
Answer: Yes, it is most likely points to a hardware problem, rather than something software-related. you may need to check for bad memory or a corrupted hard drive.
- Question 3) Can a bad hard drive cause this error?
Answer: Yes, it could be a failing HDD but it could be other things like RAM issues. Check the hard drive manufacturer and run their hard disk diagnostic utilities.
There are over 500 BSOD error codes, but the Critical Process Died Stop Code acquires the most attention. Critical process Died denotes when a critical system procedure dies while displaying its blue screen error. Here we have mentioned the best 10 methods to solve this error and We would like to know which method or solution worked for you; please let us know by dropping the comment in the below-mentioned box. If you found this article useful share it with your loved ones.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates visit back to omgeeky.com
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.