If your Apple Pencil is not working due to some issues, then read more to know How to Fix Apple Pencil Not Working Issue.
Hello! Buddies, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, I am so happy to invite you to this article, I think you are thinking and worrying about why my Apple Pencil Not working and what are the reasons behind the issue and how can I fix this issue for all your doubts this article is the best choice, In this article, we are clearly discuss the fixing methods to solve the Apple Pencil Not Working Issue and reasons behind the issue and the basic information of Apple Pencil.
People who are searching for the best methods to fix the Apple Pencil Not working issue for that type of people this article is the best reference.
- How to Reset the Forgot Apple Watch Passcode
- Steps to Remove Apps From Apple Watch
- Methods to Free Up Space On Apple Watch
- My Apple ID Is Disabled: What To Do
Content Include on This Article
What is Apple Pencil?
Apple Pencil is one of the revolutionary inventions by Apple it is specially developed for iPad users, this is used as a lieu of the finger for some accurate tasks like writing and sketching and also useful for the OS and an amazing one for drawings, art creation, note taking and this is a line of wireless stylus pen accessories and supports the iPad tablets.
Reasons behind the Apple Pencil Not Working Issue:
- Incompatibility of Pencil with iPad.
- Low Battery Charge
- The pencil tip is loose or damaged or old.
- Lack of update of the device.
- The Bluetooth connection is disabled.
These are the reasons behind the issue, following are the methods to fix the Apple Pencil Not working Issue.
Methods to Fix the Apple Pencil Not Working Issue:
Here we are giving the fixing methods to fix the Apple Pencil not working issue the methods are easy and simple the user can quickly solve the issue.
- Restart the iPad
- Check the Battery
- Check the Compatibility of Apple Pencil with iPad
- Update the iPad OS
- Re-pair Apple Pencil
- Confirm the Bluetooth is enabled or not
- Check the Pencil Tip
- Contact Apple
#Method 1: Restart the iPad
In most cases it is proven that a simple restart can solve the issue, the Apple Pencil s facing some issues after the pencil is charged, the user must restart the iPad in order to solve such types of issues, the user can just press and hold down the iPad’s power button then swipe the slider that displays on the screen.
later perform the hard reset, simply follow the below simple steps.
Hard Reset an iPad using Touch ID:
- Press and hold down the both Power button and Home button at the same time.
- Then release both the buttons until the screen displays the Apple Logo.
Hard Reset an iPad using Face ID:
- You need to press and free up the volume up button.
- Next press and free up the Volume down button.
- After that press and hold down the power button.
- Finally, release the button until you notice the Apple Logo on the screen.
After restarting the device check whether the issue is solved or not, if not try the following methods carefully.
#Method 2: Check the Battery
Sometimes there is a problem with the battery i.e the battery is unable to charge this results and stops the working of the Apple Pencil and the user must remember one thing i.e pencil, must be fully charged to work, so you must check the battery in order to fix it the issues.
Below are the steps to check the battery, simply follow them.
- On iPad, you must navigate to Widgets view to check the battery status, the user can see the Widgets on the Today View, To get it the user must simply swipe right on the Home screen, the Lock screen, or just search at the Notifications.
- Now move to Batteries Widget, if the user is unable to view the widget then check the Pencil if it is set up with Bluetooth or not, then select the Batteries to display on Today’s View.
- The user can also check the battery status by simply navigating to the Settings and then selecting Apple Pencil and you can notice the charging status that is located on the main screen top.
Whether the battery shows 0% charge then you must charge the pencil.
You must remember some points while charging the Apple Pencil.
If you charge the 2nd generation Apple Pencil then connect the pencil engaging to the side of the iPad, Make sure to enable the Bluetooth to charge the Apple Pencil 2.
While you want to charge the 1st generation Apple Pencil then simply plug the Apple Pencil into the lightning connector or USB power adapter that is came along with Apple Pencil on the iPad.
If the Apple Pencil charges fastly then the battery is going to die and the charging would rise up and it running quickly.
- How to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac
- Ways to Record Video on Mac Record Screen on Mac Devices
- The Best iPhone And Mac Shortcuts For Beginners
- How to Change the Name of Your iPhone
#Method 3: Check the Compatibility of Pencil with iPad
Before going to use the Apple Pencil you must check whether the pencil is compatible with the iPad or not, generally, the Apple Pencil 1st and 2nd generations perfectly work with various models of iPads, whether the user is trying to use the new 2nd generation pencil and used the 1st generation pencil previously on iPad it results in the new 2nd generation Apple Pencil will not work on the iPad.
Below is the compatibility list for 1st and 2nd generations of Apple Pencils with iPads.
1st Generation Apple Pencil Compatible iPads:
- iPad (6th and 7th generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st or 2nd generations)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (sixth generation)
- iPad (seventh generation)
- iPad (eighth generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd and 4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Air(4th generation)
#Method 4: Update the iPad OS
Due to a lack of updates on the iPad also one of the reasons for the Apple Pencil is not working issue, so you must update the iPad OS.
Below are the steps for updating the iPad OS, simply follow them.
- On iPad OS, move to the Settings app.
- Then select General Settings.
- Now click on the Software Update option.
- It takes time to search the updates, if you see any updates then click on Download and Install button.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the download of the update and next use the Apple Pencil along with the iPad.
Finally, check whether the Apple Pencil is working or not, if not try another method.
#Method 5: Re-pair Apple Pencil
If the above methods won’t solve the issue then the user must Re-pair the Apple Pencil, follow the below simple steps in order to Re-pair the Apple Pencil.
- On iPhone, launch the Settings app on the iPad.
- Then click on Bluetooth.
- You need to search the Apple Pencil in the list of connected devices.
- Next click on the Blue Info button next to its name.
- After that click on Forget This Device and then confirm by simply clicking on the OK option.
- The user must Repair the Apple Pencil either by connecting it to the iPad or setting up the iPad Pro’s Charging Strip.
Check the issue is solved or not if not go for another method.
#Method 6: Confirm the Bluetooth is enabled or not
The Apple Pencil needs a Bluetooth connection to work with iPad, Whether the Apple Pencil is not displaying the list of devices below the Battery Widget or there is no Battery Widget in the list it means the Bluetooth is connected with the iPad you must turn on or simply reset the Bluetooth connection.
Here we are explaining the steps to enable/ turn on or simply check the Bluetooth connection on the iPad, just follow the below simple steps carefully.
- First of Navigate to Settings on iPad.
- Then select Bluetooth.
- Enable/ turn on the Bluetooth.
- Then in the My Devices section, you will notice the Apple Pencil check whether it is paired or not.
- In case the Bluetooth is not enabled then move to the spinning/ loading icon and finally restart the iPad.
We must require the Bluetooth connection to work the Apple Pencil if no Bluetooth the pencil will not work.
If this method does not show the desired results then try another method.
#Method 7: Check the Pencil Tip
Sometimes the Apple Pencil is not working issues due to pencil tip damage are behaves randomly or the tip is worn out, the user can simply replace the damaged tip with a new one.
Usually, there is an exact time for a Pencil tip to last, so many people will replace the pencil when they feel any damage or the pencil not working properly and the tip is rough in that type of situation the user can replace the Pencil tip to avoid scratching the surface of the iPad.
To replace the Pencil tip you must follow the below simple steps.
The user must unscrew or unlock the pencil tip in the counterclockwise direction until the tip comes off and next you must install the new pencil tip just screw the tip clockwise until it is set up in the Apple Pencil, If case the tip is not perfectly set then it doesn’t work.
This method does not solve the issue then jump to the next method.
#Method 8: Contact Apple
If the above methods are not worked and don’t solve the issue then there is a problem in the Apple Pencil’s internal hardware, for that, you must contact Apple and take their support to solve the issue this is the final solution we have or take the Pencil to a nearby Apple Retail Store for further exchange and fixing if the user doesn’t know or there is no Apple Retail Store near to you then simply call to AppleCare at 1-800-MY-APPLE or mail if any repair or replacement you want otherwise simply visit the official website of Apple.
Then the Apple will react to the issue and take the device to the Apple Store and help you to get out of the issue.
- How to Loop a Video on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Download Flipswitch Centralized Toggle System For iOS
- How to Reset the Screen Time Passcode on iOS
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1: What is the cost of an Apple Pencil?
Answer: The Cost of Apple Pencil is expensive but the normal Apple Pencil costs $99 and the 2nd generation Apple Pencil costs $129, the cost of various generation pencils is different, the user must buy the exact version of Apple Pencil that is compatible with iPad.
- Question 2: What is the lifespan of the Apple Pencil?
Answer: The Apple Pencil comes with a one-year limited warranty and the user must use this for 12 hours of constant use, make sure the battery duration is shorter, and properly maintain the battery for all the times there is no limited lifespan for the Apple Pencil you can use it until it damage.
This article clearly discusses the Fixing methods to solve the Apple Pencil Not working issue the methods are simple and easy and also explain the basic information of Apple Pencil and reasons for not working you can quickly solve the issue with the help of these methods.
For people who are searching for the best methods to solve the Apple Pencil issue that type of people this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to fix your not working Apple Pencil, For more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky.