If you are facing Bluetooth Not working on your Mac devices, then read more to know How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Mac OS?
Hello! Internet Viewers, How are you all, Hope all are doing, First of all Heartily inviting you to this article, Today we are here with a new concept that every Mac user must know if you’re facing Bluetooth Not working on Mac and wants to know the reasons behind the issue and searching for the methods to fix the Bluetooth not working, for that type of people this article is the best reference.
In this article, we are clearly discussing the reasons behind the Bluetooth Not working and also explain the fixing methods to solve the issue, the methods are simple and easy and they can quickly solve the issue.
- Why is My CarPlay Not Working
- How Can I Make My Airpods Louder
- Steps to Transfer File Between iPhone and Mac
- Change the Name of Your iPhone Step-by-Step
Content Include on This Article
Reasons Behind the Bluetooth Not Working Issue on Mac OS:
Some of the reasons behind the Bluetooth not working issue are
- Lack of Update
- Not paired well
- Due to Property List of Files
- So many USB and Bluetooth devices are connected
Methods to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Mac OS:
There are some methods to fix the Bluetooth not working on Mac OS
- Restart the Mac and the Bluetooth Device.
- Enable and Disable the Bluetooth
- Disconnect all USB and Bluetooth Devices
- Delete the Bluetooth. plist files
- Reset the Bluetooth Feature
- Pair the Bluetooth Device
Method 1: Restart the Mac and the Bluetooth Device
If you are facing Bluetooth Not working on Mac OS issue then initially you must restart the Mac as well as Bluetooth in order to fix it, but you need to perform both the tasks separately, for that you need to follow some simple steps.
Restart/ Reboot the Mac Device:
- First of all, disconnect all the USB devices that are connected to the Mac device
- Next on Mac, move to Apple Menu Icon.
- In that select the Restart option to restart the Mac device.
Restart the Bluetooth Device:
For restarting the Bluetooth the user must follow some simple steps.
- Move to the Apple Menu icon on the Mac.
- Then move to System Preferences.
- Next, select the Bluetooth tab.
- After that, the user must follow the manufacturer’s instructions in order to restart the Bluetooth Device.
Once the restart process is completed for Mac and Bluetooth devices the user must check whether the Bluetooth is properly working on Mac OS or not, if not jump to another method.
Method 2: Disable and Re-Enable Bluetooth
This is the simple method to solve the Bluetooth Not working issue, just disable and then re-enable the Bluetooth feature, to do this they are some simple steps to follow.
- Navigate to the Apple Menu bar icon on the Mac home screen.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Now click on the Bluetooth tab.
- Disable/Turn Off the Bluetooth.
- After a few seconds Enable/ Turn On the Bluetooth.
- Finally, check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method 3: Disconnect all USB and Bluetooth Devices
One of the best methods to fix the Bluetooth Not working on Mac OS, the user must disconnect all the USB and Bluetooth Devices and Connections.
First of all, the user must remove all the devices that are directly connected to the Mac such as USB Drive, Portable Hard Drive and much more
Remove all the devices that are directly connected to your Mac, like USB Drive, Portable Hard Drive, and other devices.
- On Mac, click on Apple Logo.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Next Tap on the Bluetooth option.
- After that select X that is located next to the device.
- Then disconnect the device.
- Finally Restart/ Reboot the Mac.
- The user must wait for a few minutes and then reconnect the devices.
Note: The user must remember one thing i.e if there are so many are connected to the Bluetooth devices, then the maximum number of devices that are connected is seven but the user can face some problems and issues, so go for three or four, some devices require data.
Once you remove all the devices that are connected to the Mac then you must try to connect the Bluetooth to the Mac.
- Download Zoom Update on Mac
- Explain the Necessity to Allow Safari Pop-ups on macOS or iOS
- My MacBook Stuck On Apple Logo And Won’t Boot How Can I fix It
Method 4: Delete the Bluetooth. plist files
If the user is still facing the Bluetooth not working on Mac then you must try this method, just delete or remove the Property List files(plist files), due to some corrupted files on the device will affect the Bluetooth connectivity, so you must remove the plist files on the device, for that you must follow the below simple steps.
Generally, the plist files that are used for storing the application data in the form of XML, for deleting and recreating the files there are two ways they are using Terminal and Finder
- First of all, launch the Terminal on Mac.
- Then Enter sudo rm-R/ Library/ Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
- Now hit on Enter
- Next, enter the password
- Then Press Enter
- The user must restart the Mac
- After that move to System Preferences.
- In that select Bluetooth.
- You must Enable/ Turn On the Bluetooth.
- At last, the user must try to pair the devices.
- On Mac, launch Finder
- Then select Go.
- Now tap on Go to Folder.
- Enter in:/Library/Preferences
- Next select Go
- You need to search for com. apple. Bluetooth. plist file
- Then drag the file to Trash
- After that tap on Go and then Go to Folder.
- Enter.in: ~/ Library/ Preferences/ByHost.
- Click on Go
- Now the user must search for com. apple.Bluetooth.XXX.plist file( it is made up of some random letters) and then drag the file to Trash.
- At last, you must restart/ Reboot the Mac device then it automatically generates the new Bluetooth plist files, so the user must turn off and on the Bluetooth the next time.
Method 5: Reset the Bluetooth Feature
Resetting the Bluetooth Feature will help to solve the issue it fixes so many debug issues, follow the below simple steps to reset the Bluetooth feature.
- On Mac click on Apple Logo Menu.
- Then navigate to System Preferences.
- Next tap on Bluetooth and you must check Show Bluetooth in Menu Bar.
- Or you can Press and hold down the Shift+ Option and tap on the Bluetooth icon that is shown on the menu bar
- In the Menu, choose Debug option.
- Then tap on Remove all devices.
- Next again select Debug and then tap on Reset the Bluetooth module.
- At last Restart, the Mac and then The user can also try to repair the devices.
Method 6: Pair the Bluetooth Device
If the user can pair the Bluetooth Device previously but you are facing the Mac will forget or pair again then you must try the following simple steps to solve the issue.
- On Mac, go to System Preferences.
- Then select the Bluetooth tab.
- If you’re facing any type of issue just tap on X.
- Then it pop-up a small tab in that click on Remove.
The user must pair the device again until the light flashes.
- List out the Best iPhone And Mac Shortcuts For Beginners
- Explain the Reasons behind the Error Code 43 on Mac OS
- Steps To Clear Cache On MacBook, Mac Mini, and iMac
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1: How to Factory Reset Connected Device on Mac?
Answer: If you want to factory reset the connected device on Mac then follow the below simple steps these are also helpful to factory reset the multiple devices, perfectly work for the Apple devices that are connected to the Mac, Suppose the Bluetooth devices are not connected to the Mac then you can individually do the Factory Reset.
- First of all, you must Press and hold down the Shift+ Option Keys.
- Then tap on the Bluetooth icon that is located on the top of the menu bar.
- Now choose Factory Reset all connected Apple Devices option.
- At last Restart, the Mac, and you must try to pair the Bluetooth device with the Mac.
- Question 2: How to Fix the Music Not Playing Via Bluetooth Headphones/ Speaker?
Answer: The user can pair the Bluetooth Headphones or Bluetooth speaker, but the audio on the Mac is not perfectly and automatically routed with them then you must try these steps in order to fix the Music Not playing through Bluetooth Headphones/ Speaker.
- On Mac, move to the Apple logo icon.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Now tap on Sound.
- Next, choose the Output option.
- After that, the user must close the device that they want to play the music through.
- Question 3: What are the Common Issues on Bluetooth?
Answer: The common issues and problems that are encountered on the Bluetooth are the Pair is Fail or Break, Audio Glitches and reappearing of dropped connections, sometimes the issue is among a phone, a fitness tracker, and the Bluetooth Headphones.
This article clearly discusses the reasons behind the Bluetooth Not working on Mac OS and explains the various fixing methods to fix the Bluetooth Not working issue, the methods are quite simple and easy.
people who are facing Bluetooth Not working on Mac OS and searching for the fixing methods to solve the issue, for that type of people this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.
Leave a Reply