If you are facing CarPlay Not Working Issue after the latest iOS update, then read more to know How to Fix CarPlay Not Working After iOS Update
Hello! Internet Viewers, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, Today we are here with a new concept that every CarPlay user must know sometimes due to some reasons the CarPlay is not working well in that type of situation the people are very worried about how can I fix the issue, Don’t worry in this article we are briefly discussing the methods to fix the issue and this article is the best reference for people who want to know about and wants to fix the CarPlay not working issue.
In this article, we clearly explain the methods to fix the CarPlay not working and tell the common issues for the Apple CarPlay not working and the reasons behind the issue and the methods are simple and easy the user can quickly fix the issue.
- Give the Methods to Reset & Recover the Forgot Apple ID Password
- Why My Apple Pencil Is Not Working
- What are the Possible Ways to Remove Apps From Apple Watch
- Steps to Free Up Space On Apple Watch
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix the Carplay Not Working After iOS Update:
- 1.1 Method #1: Force Restart the iPhone and Car System
- 1.2 Method #2: Check the Restrictions
- 1.3 Method #3: Update the latest iOS version
- 1.4 Method #4: Reset all the settings on the iPhone
- 1.5 Method #5: Reconnect the Apple CarPlay Connection
- 1.6 Method #6: Check Whether Siri is Enabled or not
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.8 Conclusion:
Common Issues for Apple Carplay Not Working:
Based upon the Car and the connection to the device you’re connected they are so many issues for Apple Carplay not working properly, Generally we are connecting the iPhone to CarPlay with the help of a USB cable or simply pairing the iPhone with the car’s Bluetooth while the car supports wireless connection.
Any method you try there are some common issues that result in the Carplay Not working, they are
- Due to Incompatibility issues.
- The iPhone is not detected.
- Some Bluetooth connectivity issues
- The USB cable is not proper or damage
- Issues occurring while doing the iOS update
- Some apps and devices are not integrated
- Lack of update and outdated iOS version.
Reasons behind the CarPlay Not Working on iOS:
There are some reasons behind the CarPlay not working issue are
- Some problems with Siri.
- Improper Connectivity of CarPlay
- The Operating system is not upgraded and has some errors.
- Due to some restrictions on the CarPlay.
These are not only issues but also the main reasons behind the CarPlay Not working issue.
Methods to Fix the Carplay Not Working After iOS Update:
Apple CarPlay is one of the best and revolutionary inventions by Apple, due to some issues on the connectivity on the CarPlay and also some problems after the update of the iOS device that results and the CarPlay is not working properly, Here in this article, we are providing the best methods to fix the CarPlay Not working After iOS update.
- Force Restart the iPhone
- Check the Restrictions
- Update the latest iOS version
- Reset all the settings on the iPhone
- Reconnect the Apple CarPlay Connection
- Check Whether Siri is Enabled or Not
Method #1: Force Restart the iPhone and Car System
This is one of the primary methods, simply restart the iPhone and the Car system this will help to refresh the system and fix the bugs, and speed up the system performance and efficiency, to do this there are some simple steps to follow
- First of all, press and hold down the both Home button and the Power button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
Or else you must Press and hold down the Power button then you need to drag the Slide to Power off if it does not work then you must try the hard reset of the iPhone in order to fix the CarPlay not working.
For iPhone 7 and above:
The user must press and hold down the both Home button and the Volume button at a time
For iPhone 8 and above:
Press and quickly free up the Volume Up button and then you must press and quickly release the Volume Down button, At last Press and hold down the Power button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6/ 6S and below
You must press the Home and Sleep/ Wake keys at a time until you notice the Apple Logo on the screen and then free up the buttons on the device then it will boost up the device.
A simple restart can fix the error with the software update, you can also restart the car’s infotainment system, just switch it off and then again switch it on.
Method #2: Check the Restrictions
One of the main reasons for the CarPlay not working issue, you must check the restrictions, Whether CarPlay is disabled or not sometimes the restrictions on the device may disable/ turn off the CarPlay without any intimation to the user in that type of situation we are facing the CarPlay not working so you must disable the Restrictions to do this the user must follow some simple steps.
- On iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Then click on General.
- Now tap on the Restrictions option.
- The user must enter the Passcode for further process.
- Next, the user must search for CarPlay and disable the option.
- Open Settings app on the iOS home screen.
- Then select Screen Time.
- Now click on Privacy & Content feature.
- Next, you must scroll down and then select CarPlay restrictions and disable the option.
Finally, it will allow the user to use CarPlay without any errors and bugs.
Because of restrictions, the CarPlay is unable to connect with the iPhone and this is a security feature especially it acts as a barrier from the existing or future ways to disable/ turn off the USB data connection, after some time the iPhone passcode is hacked through lightning ports, suppose if the settings are enabled/ turned on the device then the CarPlay issues may arise, you can also try these steps in order to disable/ turn off the restriction settings on the device.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Then search for the Touch ID and Passcode or else Face ID & Passcode feature.
- It shows a key on the passcode to allow further process.
- Now choose Allow Access When Locked section
- Select the USB Accessories, if the option is disabled and then it indicates that the USB Restricted Mode is turned on/ enabled.
- Finally switch on the USB Accessories to finish the USB Restriction Mode.
- Reasons behind the MacBook Stuck On Apple Logo And Won’t Boot Issue
- Why My iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo How to canI Fix it?
- Methods to Fix iOS 11 Visual Voicemail Not Working Issue
- List out the Best iPhone And Mac Shortcuts For Beginners
Method #3: Update the latest iOS version
Sometimes due to outdated or lack of updates also the CarPlay not working properly, so you must update the latest iOS version, to do this you must follow some simple steps.
- First of all, the user must connect the iPhone to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- Next launch Settings app.
- Then tap on the General option.
- After that, you must search for the Software Update option.
- Finally, the user must check for the updates and tap on the Software Update option.
- It takes some time to complete the process
At last, After completion of the update, you must check whether the CarPlay is properly working or not.
Method #4: Reset all the settings on the iPhone
This is the best and effective method, Reset All Settings is quite a common thing, depending upon the usage of the device the erase or remove of the data while resetting all the devices, the people think like the reset can erase all the data permanently on the device this is not correct the iPhone reset all settings will not erase the entire data on the device.
Major some settings do it default, due to this there are so many people prove that the issue is solved not only this but also solve some software issues.
Below are the steps you must follow to reset all settings without deleting the Media or Notes, Contacts, Messages, etc.
- On iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Then click on General.
- Now select Reset.
- Next tap on Reset All Settings option.
- Enter the passcode to perform the further process.
- Finally, click on Reset All Settings on the pop-up box.
Method #5: Reconnect the Apple CarPlay Connection
Sometimes the CarPlay connection is not proper, so we are facing the CarPlay not working issue you must reconnect the Apple CarPlay connection in order to fix the issue, for that follow the below simple steps, the steps can also useful for people who want to forget and re-establish the CarPlay Connection.
- On iPhone move to the Settings app.
- Then select the General option.
- Now tap on CarPlay and select the vehicle that you wish to connect.
- Next select Forget this Car.
- Finally restart the vehicle and iPhone in order to re-establish and reconnect the Apple CarPlay Connection.
Method #6: Check Whether Siri is Enabled or not
The CarPlay is not working well due to disabling of Siri, without enable of Siri the user is unable to use the voice command, to run the CarPlay based upon your voice you must enable the Siri on your device, to enable Siri the user must follow some simple steps carefully.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Then click on Siri & Search.
- Next, Enable the Siri.
Whether the vehicle supports Siri Eyes Free then the user must hold down the voice command in order to use the CarPlay without enabling Siri you can’t use the CarPlay.
You can also try the steps to enable the Siri
- Launch Settings app.
- Then go for Siri & Search option.
- Next, you must enable the following options
Allow Siri when locked
Listen for Hey Siri
and then press the Side button for Siri or else simply press the Home for Siri.
- Why I Allow Safari Pop-ups on MacOS or iOS
- Ways to Turn iOS Live Photos into GIF Videos
- How can I Make My Airpods Louder
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1: What is the necessity to use the Apple CarPlay?
Answer: Apple CarPlay is one of the revolutionary inventions by Apple, it is a smarter and safer way to use the iPhone in the car, it completely allows the user to stay focused on the road while traveling, if the user can connect the iPhone to the CarPlay then you can easily get enable and turn-by-turn directions, make calls, send and receive messages, listen to music and much more.
It is not mandatory or not need to use the Apple CarPlay or any other entertainment system in the car
- Question 2: How can I update the CarPlay Firmware?
Answer: The user can easily update the Apple CarPlay software, you must simply update the iPhone to the latest version of iOS and it takes 30 minutes to complete the entire software update, remember the Apple CarPlay does not immediately recognize the vehicle if you plug the phone into the car or simply connect it wirelessly.
This article clearly discusses the methods to fix the CarPlay Not Working after iOS update and also explains each and every method briefly and reasons behind the issue and common issues, the methods are simple but effective to solve the issue.
For people who are looking for the best methods to fix the CarPlay not working after the iOS update and wants to know the reasons behind the issue for that type of people, this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to fix the CarPlay not working after iOS updates, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.