If you are facing that Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue on your Windows PC/Laptop, then read more to know How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC?
Hello! Internet Viewers, I am so happy to invite you to this article, I think you’re a Cyberpunk 2077 game player and searching for the fixing methods to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on Windows PC, for that type of people this article is the best reference
In this article, we are ready to discuss the basic information of Cyberpunk 2077 and the system requirements and reasons behind the issue and briefly explain the fixing methods to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on Windows PC.
Content Include on This Article
- 0.1 System Requirements:
- 0.2 Reasons behind the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC
- 1 Methods to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC
- 1.1 Method #1: Close unwanted Programs
- 1.2 Method #2: Change In-game settings
- 1.3 Method #3: Disable in-game overlay
- 1.4 Method #4: Update the graphics driver
- 1.5 Method #5: Prevent overclocking
- 1.6 Method #6: Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
- 1.7 Method #7: Verify the integrity of game files
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1.9 Conclusion:
Introduction to Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the best and most popular action role-playing video games and it was developed by CD Projekt Red, the Entire story is going on the Night city, simply an open world set up in the Cyberpunk universe.
It is an exciting game with amazing features, modes, and a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour, and body modification the user can play the game as V.
Due to some reasons and incompatibility issues, Cyberpunk 2077 will crash on Windows PC, here in this article we can tell the entire information that is useful to fix the crashing, loading, and lagging issue of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC.
The system needs some requirements in order to avoid crashing Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC, not only the crashing for the smooth running of the game on the system, our system has some minimum requirements.
- It needs a 64-bit processor and Operating system
- The OS should be Windows 7 or 10
- A processor must be Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310 or better
- RAM: 12 GB RAM
- The Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470 or better
- The DirectX version should be 12
- It requires 70 GB of Storage space
Reasons behind the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC
There are some reasons behind the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC
- Due to unwanted programs and apps running in the background.
- Lack of update of system and drivers
- Some overclocking is also one of the reason
- Modifications in the in-game settings
- Enable of in-game overlay
Methods to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on Windows PC
Here in this article, we are ready to discuss the methods to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on Windows PC
- Close unwanted Programs
- Change in-game settings
- Disable in-game overlay
- Update graphics driver
- Prevent overclocking
- Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
- Verify the integrity of game files
Method #1: Close unwanted Programs
This is one of the reasons behind the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on Windows PC, due to unwanted programs that are running in the background and they consume more system resources such as CPU or Memory and also decrease the system efficiency and performance, so Cyberpunk 2077 will not work properly, crashing, lagging, so before going to play the game the user must shut down the unwanted programs.
Follow the below simple steps in order to close the unwanted programs
- First of all, the user clicks on the empty area on the Taskbar
- and tap on Task Manager or simply press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys at a time to launch Task Manager.
- Then navigate to the Processes tab and choose the tasks that are unnecessarily running on the system background
- Next tap on End task to close the unwanted programs.
- Finally, restart the system.
After performing the above steps you must start and run the game and check the Cyberpunk 2077 is properly working or not, if you still facing the issue then jump to another method.
- Note: The user must remember one thing you must be careful about the unfamiliar programs, sometimes they play a vital role in the functioning of the computer, so don’t end the unfamiliar programs.
Method #2: Change In-game settings
Sometimes changing the in-game settings will also help to solve the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing or lagging or not loading on Windows PC, and also decrease the burden on the GPU, so many people suggested that disabling/turning off the Ray Tracing option on in-game settings will solve the issue, to do this the user must follow some simple steps.
- First of all, Open the Cyberpunk 2077 on PC.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Then click on the Video tab.
- Now disable/ turn off the VSync.
- Next move to the Graphics tab and you must set the options Low or Medium i.e below the Advanced section.
- After that navigate to the Ray Tracing option on the Graphics settings
- Then Disable/ Turn off the option.
- Restart the Cyberpunk 2077 and check if it works properly or not.
The above method will not solve the issue, don’t worry try another method to fix it.
- Note: Suppose the PC will not support the advanced graphics settings of Cyberpunk 2077, so it is not possible to run the game smoothly, don’t worry there is another way simply to move to lower graphics settings and set the Cyberpunk to run quickly, it also helps to solve the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on Windows PC.
Method #3: Disable in-game overlay
As per so many players, the in-game overlay is one of the reasons behind the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077, mostly while playing the game on GOG, so you must disable/ turn off the in-game overlay feature to enhance the system performance and also for fixing the issue.
- Initially, launch GOG Galaxy and choose the Library tab.
- Then select the Gear icon that is located on the left corner bottom of the screen.
- Now you must untick or uncheck the In-Game Overlay on the pop-up window and tap on OK.
- If the user is playing the game on Steam and you must disable the overlay, simply move to the game list and then right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 and click on Properties.
- Now you must untick or uncheck the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
The user can also disable the overlay apps that cause the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC
Disable Overlay Apps:
Generally, every app has its own overlay program and they run in the background of the system and causing some issues and reducing the gaming performance, so you must disable the Overlay apps.
Here we are explaining the steps to disable the overlay on Discord, Xbox Game Bar, and Nvidia GeForce Experience.
Disable Discord Overlay:
Follow the steps to disable the in-game overlay on Discord.
- First of all, open the Discord app on PC.
- Then select the Gear icon that is shown on the bottom of the screen.
- Now below the App Settings, tap on Overlay.
- Next to Enable/ Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- After that select the Games tab.
- Then choose Cyberpunk 2077
- At last Disable/ Turn off the Enable in-game overlay button.
- Finally restart the PC to apply the modifications.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
Steps to Disable Xbox Game Bar
- You must Press Windows + I keys at a time on the Keyboard to launch Windows Settings.
- Then tap on Gaming.
- Move to Game Bar.
- Disable/ Turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
In case the user is unable to find the Game Bar option than simply search it on the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
Follow the below simple steps in order to disable the Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay.
- First of all, open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
- Then move to Settings.
- Now tap on the General tab.
- Next, you must disable/ turn off the In-Game Overlay option.
- Once you finish the above steps restart the PC to apply the changes.
- After that again start the game.
Note: Make sure to disable the other overlay apps namely MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, and also the third-party overlay apps that are running in the background.
Method #4: Update the graphics driver
Due to lack of updates and faulty graphics driver also will raise the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing issue, Most of the latest games generally have compatibility issues, to improve the smooth gaming experience the graphics driver must be up-to-date.
You can update the graphics driver in two ways one is manually and another one is automatic.
The manufacturers of graphics cards will organize the graphics driver with the latest names on daily basis, so you must download the latest and most suitable driver from their official websites( NVIDIA or AMD) and manually install the drivers.
If the user doesn’t have sufficient time patience and necessary computer skills to update the driver manually then go through the automatic update of the driver, with the help of Driver Easy you can automatically update the driver, you can use any software to update the driver here we are using the Driver Easy.
Driver Easy automatically identifies the system and correctly finds the suitable drivers for the particular GPU and the windows version and perfectly download and install the drivers.
- First of all, the user must download and install the Driver Easy.
- Next, run the Driver Easy and tap on Scan Now option, it will scan the device and perfectly detect the problems on the drivers.
- Now select the Update button that is preceding the flagged graphics driver for automatic download and installation of a suitable version.
- Tap on Update All to download and install the correct version automatically of all drivers( To do this we need the Pro version that offers full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee), the user can get the prompt for an upgrade while tapping on Update All.
The user can do it with the free version also.
Or Try the alternate method.
- First of all the user must right-click on the Start Menu to launch the Quick Access Menu.
- In that select Device Manager.
- Next move to Display Adapters and double-click on it to expand the list.
- Now you must right-click on the specific graphics card name you’re using.
- Then click on Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available then it automatically downloads and installs the latest version of drivers
- After finishing all the steps, restart the computer to apply changes.
Method #5: Prevent overclocking
Overclocking is one of the major reasons behind the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC, overclocking the CPU and GPU will enhance the game performance but it affects system stability, so try to disable the overclocking utilities such as MSI Afterburner and set the clock speed back to its default.
Method #6: Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
If you try the above methods but still facing the issue then you must uninstall and then reinstall Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC, the fresh reinstallation can easily solve all the installation errors, lagging, not loading, and crashing issues.
After the uninstallation of the game, the user can also remove all the files that are related to the games, sometimes the crashing issue and other stability issues are due to improper installation.
Follow the below simple steps to reinstall the Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC
- First of all, the user must press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Then select Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Next select Apps & Features below the Apps section.
- You must search for Cyberpunk 2077 from the list of apps.
- Then tap on the game and then click on Uninstall.
- You must confirm the uninstallation.
Together with uninstallation you must remove or delete the game files related to the games
Follow the below steps to delete the game files on Windows PC.
- On the keyboard, press Windows+ R keys at a time to launch the Run dialog.
- Enter %appdata% on the Run dialog box.
- Then click on OK.
- You must delete the Cyberpunk 2077 files on the roaming folder
- Next move to AppData and then Local.
- After that delete the Cyberpunk 2077 files on the local folder.
- At last, you must download and reinstall Cyberpunk 2077.
- Once you launch Cyberpunk 2077 then check if the issue is solved or not.
Method #7: Verify the integrity of game files
Confirming or verifying the integrity of the game files is the essential step on which the crashing issue occurs, you must choose the gaming platform i.e Steam or GOG or Epic Games launcher.
Below are the steps to repair the missing or corrupted game files, follow the steps carefully
Here we are giving the steps for Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Launcher
- Firstly launch the Steam client and then move to the Library tab
- Then on the game list, you must right-click on Cyberpunk 2077 and tap on Properties.
- Now move to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
At last, Re-open the Cyberpunk 2077
- Open the GOG Galaxy on Windows PC.
- Then choose Cyberpunk 2077 in the Library Section.
- Next tap on the Settings icon that is preceding the Play button.
- Select Manage Installation and then Verify/ Repair.
- It takes some time to finish the process.
- After completion of the process, you must check whether the issue is solved or not.
On Epic Games Launcher:
- Initially, open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Then move to the Library tab that is located on the left pane
- Now tap on Cyberpunk 2077 tap on the icons having three dots and then select Verify.
Check the game once you finish the steps
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) How to close the Cyberpunk 2077 on the Background Apps?
Answer: If you want to close the cyberpunk 2077 on background apps on Windows PC then follow the below simple steps.
- First of all, on the keyboard, press the Windows+I keys at a time to open the Settings menu.
- Then select Privacy and then click on Background Apps which is located on the left corner of the screen.
- Now you must notice the Cyberpunl 2077 game name on the list of games running in the background.
- Next, the user must disable the switch that is next to the game name.
- After finishing the above steps, exit from the Window.
- Finally, restart the computer.
- Question 2) How to Allow Permission for Cyberpunk 2077 on Firewall?
Answer: If you need permission for Cyberpunk 2077 on Firewall then follow the below steps
- On Windows open the Control Panel
- Then move to System and Security
- Now search for the Windows Firewall option
- Next tap on Allow a program or feature via Windows Firewall
- After that find the Cyberpunk 2077 and check the boxes that are preceding it to give permission.
- Finally, tap on OK.
- Question 3) How Can I Update My Windows?
Answer: If you want to avoid system errors, bugs, compatibility issues, and crashes you must update your Windows with the latest version this will help to solve many issues, to do this there are some simple steps to follow.
- On Windows, launch Settings by pressing Windows +I keys on the keyboard.
- Then select Update & Security.
- Click on Check for Updates below the Windows Update section
- It takes some time to finish the update
- After completion of the update, restart the computer and then install the update.
This article clearly discusses the basic information of Cyberpunk 2077 and the reasons behind the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC the necessary system requirements and finally, the fixing methods to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing on Windows PC.
For people who are facing the crashing of Cyberpunk 2077 on their Windows PC and searching for the fixing methods to solve the issue for that type of people, this article is the best platform and best reference to the game lover who is eagerly want to fix their favorite cyberpunk 2077 game on their respective Windows PC.
Thank you for choosing this article, I hope this article is helpful to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows PC, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.