If you are facing Epic Games Launcher Not working issues, then read more to know How to Fix Epic Games Launcher Not Working Error. Read all Working Methods which are provided below.
Currently, many applicants have claimed that Epic Games Launcher is not working on their PC or laptop. It may be a disturbing situation for game lovers as they will neither be able to play their games nor install the latest games on PC.It happens due to the following reasons, such as Old-fashioned visuals driver, Antivirus, and many more. If your Epic Games Launcher is Not Working, then you need to follow the methods mentioned below to fix the error.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 How to Fix The “Epic Games Launcher Not Working” Issue?
- 1.1 Clear All Epic Games Launcher Web Cache
- 1.2 Modify the Display Settings
- 1.3 Open The Epic Games Launcher from Start Option
- 1.4 Disable or Deactivate or Antivirus
- 1.5 Reinstall the Launcher
- 1.6 Upgrade the Graphics Driver Spontaneously
- 1.7 Modify The Epic Games Launcher Property
- 1.8 END TASK in epic game launcher
- 1.9 Checking of epic game server status
- 1.10 Installing the epic online services component
- 1.11 Disabling VPN service
- 1.12 Related posts:
What is Epic Games Launcher?
Epic Games Launcher is software that assists you to play various games created by Epic Games. The launcher is the primary path to run particular games. At the same time, approximately 72% of Epic Games Launcher applicants come from the US. Epic Games Launcher is exceptionally famous in France, the United Kingdom, and the US.
It supports Windows and macOS PCs. The Epic Games Launcher is one of the best software, and more than 30 million people are using it. It became popular after Epic Games devised the massively played fight royale game called Fortnite. Now, many other games are also accessible in the Epic Games Shop.
Gamers are still waiting for an excellent society facility updates. Though, creators receive 88% of the revenues from the sale of their games. The design of the Epic Games launcher is beautiful and friendly.
How to Fix The “Epic Games Launcher Not Working” Issue?
Clear All Epic Games Launcher Web Cache
- First of all, you have to close the Epic Games Launcher on your PC or laptop.
- Then, go to the desktop of your PC and hit on the Windows Key + R together to operate the command. Afterward, mention the %localappdata% command and press on the “Enter” button.
- It will launch the file explorer immediately, detect Epic Games Launcher, and then you need to open it and go to the “Saved folder” section.
- Now, identify the “Web Cache Folder” and then choose it. Then you have to press on the “Delete All” button.
- Finally, start your PC or laptop again to apply the modifications and now open the Epic Games Launcher again on your PC or laptop.
Modify the Display Settings
In many situations, you may have unintentionally changed the dimension, app, and many more. It provides an increase to Epi Games Launcher not working correctly, so you need to change the Display setting. You need to change the display setting to fix the “Fix Epic Games Launcher Not Working” error.
- First of all, go to the “Start” section and then select “Setting” and press on the “System” option.
- Find the “Scale and layout” option which comes under the “Display” section, and then modify the dimension of the text, apps, and other things.
- Now, you have to choose the “Suggested” size, such as 100%.
- At last, you can re-launch the Epic Game Launcher, and check it is working correctly or not.
Open The Epic Games Launcher from Start Option
- On your keyboard, you need to hit on the Windows logo key and then mention the “Epic Games Launcher.”
- On the search bar, press on the “Epic Games Launcher” tab to play it.
- Then open the Epic Games Launcher. Then, you must delete its shortcut on your desktop of PC and make a new one.
- If it is still not working, then don’t worry. You can try the next method to solve the “Epic Games Launcher Not Working” error.
Disable or Deactivate or Antivirus
If you previously installed the Antivirus on your PC, you need to disable or remove the antivirus software. The antivirus app may stop various applications. Though, the best part is that each Antivirus is accessible with a deactivate option, and so, you don’t need to delete it completely. Next, follow the below-mentioned steps to deactivate or disable the Antivirus application.
- First, press the right click on the antivirus image available on the PC menu.
- Then, select the “AvastSheild Control” tab based on the kind of Antivirus.
- Now, you have to choose an appropriate option to deactivate the Antivirus.
- If the whole thing begins working after you deactivated the Antivirus, then there is an issue with your Antivirus.
- Therefore, it will assist if you delete the Antivirus. Also, you can add your launcher whitelist to delete Epic Games launcher software.
Sometimes the firewall software can also create issues regarding to the working of the epic game launcher.so likewise the anti-virus software, disable the firewall software to see if the epic game launcher is properly working or not.
Reinstall the Launcher
If the repair of the Epic Games Launcher is not working, then uninstall and reinstall the Epic Games Launcher. Many applicants have claimed that the reinstallation of the launcher can fix this problem.
- To remove the Epic Games Launcher, you need to follow the steps provided below:
- Reopen the program and features and discover the Epic Games Launcher.
- Then press on the “Epic Games Launcher” tab and then hit on the “Uninstall” button.
- After removing the launcher, you have to restart your PC.
- Then install the Epic Games Launcher software on your computer.
Upgrade the Graphics Driver Spontaneously
- First, download and install the Driver Booster on your PC and run it.
- Then you have to press on the “Scan” tab.
- Then Driver Booster will start to check all the device drivers on your computer.
- In the find bar, discover Display adapters and then press on the graphics driver to upgrade the graphic driver with the help of Driver Booster.
- Your graphics driver will be AMD, NVIDIA, or any other products of the graphics card.
- Installing the display driver on the driver booster, and epic game launcher issue will remove altogether.
Modify The Epic Games Launcher Property
- You have to press the right click on the Epic Games Launcher shortcut and then choose the “Properties” option to modify the Shortcut Path.
- Go to the Shortcut option. Then discover the “Target field” option and press on it.
- Now, press on the “OK” button and “Apply” it to permit the modification.
- After modifying the Epic Games Launcher Property, the error of Epic Games Launcher not working will fix completely.
END TASK in epic game launcher
If the epic game launcher is not working properly then you may try rebooting the launcher but before that what you have to do is to END TASK in the task manager.
The process to END TASK in task manager is as follows
- firstly, on the windows taskbar give a right click and click on the task manager.
- Then search for the epic game launcher and give a right click and click on END TASK.
- After successful completion of this process, you can close the task manager and start relaunching.
Checking of epic game server status
Most of the time the epic game launcher does not load or work properly at the weekends or during the busy hours. So, if this is happening, it’s time to check the server status of the epic game launcher.
If the status indicates busy then we cannot do anything but should wait or try to login after some time.
Installing the epic online services component
The installation of the epic online services component is quite simple and easy. Though it is optional while launching but installing the component can reduce the loading and maintains proper working.
The steps to install the component is as follows
- The first step is to go to the epic game launcher and open it.
- Then click on settings to install it.
- In the settings, at epic online services click on install.
This epic launcher is now an optional but it will soon become a mandatory component for every launcher features.
Disabling VPN service
Most of the launchers and other similar platforms do not function well with the VPN service as it is untrustworthy and faithless. In addition to this it also causes some display errors and functionality issues.
To solve this problem all you have to do is to turn off the VPN.
These are the Eleven methods to solve the “Epic Games Launcher Not Working” issues. These methods will help you to solve the launcher issues in a great way . The steps regarding to each issue are clearly mentioned in the above methods. Do follow carefully to solve the issues. Your recommendations and comments are welcome here in the below comment box. Please let us know which method is best for you to fix the “Epic Games Launcher Not Working” error.
Thank’s for choosing OM Geeky, for more updates, visit back to omgeeky.com
My self Nadhiya, I am an editor and Author at OMGeeky, I love to write tech-related content to help my users. Apart from that I Love Travelling, Fond of Cooking, Art, Singing, Dancing, Loves to Share Knowledge, Patience, Few Friends, Happy soul, Kind-hearted, Helping Poor People, Shopaholic, Homely Person.