If you are facing Error Code 18 on your Spotify while trying to listen to songs, then read more to know How to Fix Error Code 18 on Spotify?
Hello! Everyone, How are you all, Hope all are doing great, I think you are facing the Error Code 18 on Spotify and eagerly searching for the fixing methods to fix it, Today we are here with a new concept that every Spotify app user must know i.e How to Fix Error Code 18 on Spotify, due to some reasons we are facing the Error code 18 on Spotify, this article is the best reference or guide for people who want to know the fixing methods to fix the Error Code 18 on Spotify.
In this article we are clearly discussing the reasons behind the error code18 on Spotify and briefly explaining each and every fixing method to fix the error, the methods are very simple and easy they can effectively solve the issue.
Content Include on This Article
- 1 Methods to Fix the Error Code 18 on Spotify:
- 2 How to Fix Spotify Error Code 18?
- 2.1 Method #1: Restart the Computer
- 2.2 Method #2: Delete the Spotify Folder on the AppData Directory
- 2.3 Method #3: Delete Every File related to Spotify
- 2.4 Method #4: Scan the Malware and Virus
- 2.5 Method #5: Uninstall the Spotify
- 2.6 Method #6: Close Steam and Reinstall
- 2.7 Method #7: Delete Registry
- 2.8 Method #8: Use System Cleanup
- 2.9 Method #9: Use Task Manager
- 2.10 Method #10: Change the DNS Server
- 2.11 Method #11: Install Spotify from the Windows Apps Store
- 2.12 Method #12: Boot In to and Out of Safe Mode
- 2.13 Method #13: Install Spotify With All Services Turned Off.
- 2.14 Frequently Asked Questions?
- 2.15 Conclusion:
- 2.16 Related posts:
Reasons behind the Error Code 18 on Spotify:
Due to some reasons, we are facing the Error Code 18 on Spotify, they are
- Some viruses and malware are present on the device.
- Problems with the DNS server
- Background files related to Spotify are still running.
- Due to some apps like iTunes and Comodo
- In some cases, the issue is due to the presence of the Steam app.
- Explain the Methods to Fix Error Code 43 on Mac OS
- List out the Best Ways to Fix Windows Error 0x80070570
- How to Fix iOS Location Services Not Working Issue?
- Unable to Connect to App Store or iTunes Store Here’s everything you need to know
Methods to Fix the Error Code 18 on Spotify:
Here we are explaining the methods to fix the Error Code 18 on Spotify
- Restart the Device
- Delete the Spotify Folder on the AppData Directory
- Delete Every File related to Spotify
- Scan the malware and Virus
- Uninstall the Spotify
- Close the Steam and Reinstall
- Delete Registry
- Use System Cleanup
- Use Task Manager
- Change the DNS Server
- Install Spotify from the Windows Apps Store.
- Boot In to and Out of Safe Mode.
- Install Spotify With All Services Turned Off.
How to Fix Spotify Error Code 18?
Method #1: Restart the Computer
Before going to try any fixing method, first of all, you must restart your device it is proven in many times a simple restart can solve the issue without trying any fixing methods, restarting the device can refresh the entire system and delete the temporary files and speed up the system performance and efficiency.
If you facing the Error Code 18 on Spotify then initially restart the device this will help to close all the applications related to Spotify that are making an issue during the installation, generally, Restarting the device is a good thing that clear out the system software problems and refresh the system from all bugs.
To restart the device, you must follow some simple steps.
- On the Computer, Select the Windows icon that is located on the left corner bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the Power button.
- Now choose the Restart option.
- It takes a few minutes to complete the process.
- After completion of the process, check the Spotify whether the error Code 18 is fixed or not.
If not then try another method to fix the Error Code 18.
Method #2: Delete the Spotify Folder on the AppData Directory
One of the effective methods to solve the issue, just to delete the Spotify folder on the App Data Directory this will help to fix the Error Code 18 on Spotify, deleting the app data of Spotify will refresh the app and clear out all the issues.
To do this you must follow some simple steps.
- First of all, the user must press the Windows Logo key + R key on the keyboard to launch the Run Dialog box.
- Then on the Run dialog type %appdata% and hit Enter to launch the AppData directory.
- Now move to Spotify Folder on the AppData directory.
- Next, you must right-click on the folder and then Tap on the Delete option.
- After that, it shows a pop-up simply tap on Yes to confirm the process and then delete the Spotify folder.
- Finally, restart the computer.
Check whether the error is solved or not.
You must not only delete the folder you can also delete each and every file that is related to Spotify to fix the error code 18 on the computer.
Follow the below simple steps in order to delete each and every file that is related to Spotify
- Initially Press Windows Logo Key+ E key to open the Windows Explorer( File Explorer)
- Then move to the search bar or else Press Ctrl+F on the keyboard directly to launch the search bar and type Spotify and hit Enter.
- It takes a few minutes to search for the files related to Spotify and then it shows the results related to Spotify.
- Now press Ctrl+ A to select all the Files.
- Next click on Delete.
- After that, it displays a pop up simply tap on Yes to confirm the action and then delete all of the files.
- Finally, Restart the computer.
At last, you must install Spotify and check whether the error code 18 is fixed or not.
The user can also try the alternative way in order to remove or delete all the Spotify files and registry by simply using the uninstaller software tool i.e IObit Uninstaller it performs automatically a deep cleaning process to remove or delete the files but also modify all the Spotify during its installation.
Method #4: Scan the Malware and Virus
Sometimes and in some cases the malware and virus act as a major issue while using the device it is also one of the reasons for the error code 18 on Spotify., so you must scan the malware and virus on the computer to fix the issue.
- You must launch Windows Security by simply tapping on the Shield on the notification area.
- Then tap on Virus & Threat Protection.
- Now choose Scan options.
- After that tap on the Full scan option and then click on Scan Now Button.
- It takes some time to complete the scan.
The error code 18 on Spotify is also due to suspicious malware on the device, so you must follow some precautions and perform a full scan on the system to remove malware and virus.
The user must any antivirus as they wish, just install the antivirus on the computer and then open it and then click on Full Scan option, only choose the powerful antivirus scan then it will completely eliminate spyware, malware including various types of Cyber-threats along with unlimited encoded traffic.
Method #5: Uninstall the Spotify
If you try the above methods and still facing the error code 18 on Spotify then try this simply uninstall Spotify, to do this you must follow some simple steps.
Most people will do the same mistake they must press the Delete key on the keyboard in order to delete the Spotify on the computer this is most of the happen on residual files, you must properly uninstall the Spotify to fix the issue otherwise the error is not rectified. you must completely close or uninstall the Spotify through Task Manager.
Follow the below simple steps to uninstall the Spotify on the computer
- First of all, the user must launch the Start menu, just clicking on the Windows Key on the keyboard.
- Then you need to search for Add or Remove Programs then select the first option on the search results.
- It shows the list of all installed programs on the screen then you must use the search bar in order to search Spotify.
- At last tap on Spotify and choose Uninstall option and follow all the pop-ups to uninstall the program completely.
Method #6: Close Steam and Reinstall
Due to particular steam and various gaming platforms will access the apps such as Spotify this is due to the presence of both Steam and Spotify and they can use the same technology to avoid hacking from hackers and invaders of the platform.
The Spotify installer mistakenly thinks that Steam for Spotify and Spotify is already available, so this is one of the reasons behind the Error Code 18 on Spotify, this issue happens due to the Steam running in the background during the installation of Spotify, in case the Steam app will running on the computer and the Spotify installer will not open the.exe files so the user must check and close all the steam app and the relaunch the Spotify.
Here we are explaining the steps to close the Steam and reinstall Spotify.
- Move to the Notification area and then you must check the Steam icon.
- Then right-click on it and close it with the help of options.
- In case the user does not find the Steam icon on the notification area then launch Task Manager and search for Steam.
- If you can see any process that is linked to Stean on the Task Manager simply close it.
- After closing the Steam app then the user must run the Spotify installer, then it continues the installation and fixes the error code 18 on Spotify and the user never get the error again.
There is also an alternate way to close the Steam and reinstall Spotify.
- Launch the Steam app.
- Then select the Steam option that is shown on the left corner top of the screen.
- Now tap on Exit that is located on the dropdown menu.
- It takes a few minutes to close the Steam app completely and then you must launch the Spotify Installer to reinstall the Spotify.
Method #7: Delete Registry
If you uninstall Spotify on your computer then only some files are existing on the device, the uninstalled app was added some keys to the registry, so it is one of the reasons behind the Error code 18 on Spotify, for that the user must utilize the registry repair such as CCleaner in order to scan effectively and solve the registry files.
To delete the Registry the user must follow some simple steps.
- Initially, the user must download and install the CCleaner app on Computer.
- Then open the app on Computer.
- Now select Registry and then it launches the registry scanner.
- Next, tap on Scan for issues on the next window and it takes a few minutes, so wait until the CCleaner finishes the scanning process.
- Then it shows whenever there is a wrong in the registry files then you must simply tap on Fix Selected Issues to fix the issue.
- After that exit from the CCleaner and then restart the computer.
- Finally, install Spotify and check whether the error code 18 on Spotify is fixed or not.
Method #8: Use System Cleanup
One of the best and excellent features of Windows 10 is System Cleanup, with help this we can easily remove the temporary files that are left by the uninstalled apps and it easily fixes the error code 18 on Spotify, as follows the below simple steps.
- On Windows, move to Settings by simply pressing the Windows icon key+ I key on the keyboard.
- In that select System.
- Below the System tap on Storage.
- Now under the Storage section select Free Up Space and then it launches the scanner.
- It takes a few seconds until the program scans your computer for temporary files.
- After completion, the user can get the options for removing the junk files.
- Finally, check whether the error code 18 on Spotify are fixed or not
If not simply try another method.
- Steps to Fix Safari Cannot Open The Page Error
- Methods to Fix iTunes Error 9039 Unknown Error
- Why My iPad Mini Is Not Charging
- Explain Working Methods to Fix Kernel Security Check Failure
Method #9: Use Task Manager
With the help of Task Manager also we can fix the error code 18 on Spotify, generally, the Windows task manager will display all the running processes and also perfectly check whether the process is running out is related to Spotify or not.
Follow the below steps in order to fix the error code 18 on Spotify using Task Manager.
- Initially, launch the Task Manager on the computer.
- Then move to the Processes tab.
- Now below the Process tab, you need to check whether any process related to Spotify is running or not, if the user notices any process then simply right-click on it and tap on End Task.
- Next exit from the Task Manager and then launch the Spotify installer.
Whether the error code 18 on Spotify is occurred due to the running process then it is completely fixed with this method, if the error code 18 is caused by another reason it won’t fix you must try another method in order to fix the error code 18 on Spotify.
Method #10: Change the DNS Server
We all know that the DNS Servers will change the domain names and URLs into their respective IP addresses and vice versa and these DNS servers are also one of the reasons behind the Error code 18 on Spotify to fix this simply connect to another or different DNS server, we suggested that move to 184.108.40.206 server or any server you wish.
After changing the DNS setting you can again try to install Spotify to examine whether the Error code 18 is fixed or not.
Method #11: Install Spotify from the Windows Apps Store
If the user can’t install Spotify through an Online installer then you must try another alternative to the online installer i.e Windows App Store if you are using Windows 10.
To install Spotify from the Windows Apps Store on Windows 10 you must try the below steps carefully.
- On Windows, Move to Start Menu.
- Then it shows the list of applications, simply choose Microsoft Store.
- Now on the search bar enter Spotify and hit Enter then it will display on the search results.
- Click on Spotify and tap on Get Button.
- Next tap on Install to install the app on Windows.
Check the Error Code 18 is rectified or not
Note: This will always suggest and recommend the users to install Spotify only from its official installer site but for a change, we can try the Microsoft Store to install the Spotify, the main reason behind this is this will help to solve the Error Code 18 on Spotify for some users.
The user can also remember one thing you just uninstall the preinstalled Spotify app on the Computer before going to install the Spotify on Microsoft Store because two Spotify installations from different sources will lead to another issue.
Method #12: Boot In to and Out of Safe Mode
One effective method to fix the error code 18 on Spotify i.e Safe mode it allows the device to boot with nothing but the necessary Windows 10 components, with the help of this process the user can easily know the third-party app reason for the error.
To boot the device in safe mode the user must follow some simple steps.
- First of all, Press the Windows and R keys on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog.
- Then In that type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Now move to the Boot tab of System Configuration.
- Next Under the Boot options, you need to check for the Safe Boot option.
- After that tap on Apply.
- Next click on the OK button.
- The user must restart the computer then the computer will boot up into Safe Mode.
- While the computer boots up then continue the above steps and then uncheck the Safe boot option.
- Restart the device and boot out of Safe Mode.
- After completion of the Boots app, you must run the Spotify installer, just install the Spotify and check whether the error code 18 is fixed or not.
Method #13: Install Spotify With All Services Turned Off.
You must turn off/ disable all the services related to Spotify that results in the error code 18, simply boot the device with the services and turn off them, don’t worry you can easily enable/ turn on them this will refresh all the permissions
Here you must follow some simple steps to turn off the services.
- Initially, Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard to open the Run Utility.
- Now enter msconfig and hit Enter.
- Next, navigate to the Services tab and tap on Disable all that is located on the right side bottom of the screen.
- After that tap on OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
- After restarting the device repeat the above steps and at this time simply tap on Enable all option.
- Again restart the computer.
- At last, install Spotify and check whether the error code 18 is solved or not.
The above methods are simple but effective, they can easily fix the error code 18 on Spotify.
- Ways to Fix Netflix Error Code: m7353-5101
- How to Fix PFN List Corrupt Blue Screen Error on Windows 10
- How To Fix iTunes Not Showing Album Artwork
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Question 1) What do you mean by Error Code 18 on Spotify?
Answer: The error code 18 indicates Reinstall the drivers for this device.
- Question 2) What is Error Code 3 on Spotify?
Answer: This is one of the errors that occurred on Spotify it is an error related to password, whenever the user is changing the password or any modifications on the password requirements this leads to this error you can simply fix this error code by resetting the Spotify Password.
- Question 3) What is Error Code 2 on Spotify?
Answer: Error Code 2 is a common error that is fully related to a media-services provider specially designed for its audio streaming services, it also comes with the same criteria, the main reason for getting this error is because of something wrong with the network connection to fix the error code 2 on Spotify simply check the network connection.
This article clearly discusses the reasons behind the error code 18 and briefly explains each and every fixing method to fix the error, without any difficulty and doubt you can easily fix the error with the help of the above-fixing methods.
People who are facing the error code 18 on their Spotify app and want to know the reasons behind it and search for the fixing methods to get rid of the error, for that type of people this article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is helpful to fix the Error Code 18 on Spotify, for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky
Myself Naveena, introducing myself new to this profession, I am so much fascinated to write the tech-based stuff and willing to write the expository and narrative topics and my main intention is to deliver and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them about the various technologies, I love cooking, gardening and travel.